Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: ISIS’s Black Flags Are Flying in Europe

(Read 6391 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ISIS?s Black Flags Are Flying in Europe
     Reply #30 - July 31, 2014, 04:46 AM

It depends...I'm sure batshit crazy Christians and Jews aiming to fulfill end tiems prophecy attempt to and have had some elverage over domestic/foreign policy in the U.S.

'Shit' has been kicking off because of other reasons aside from Islam - mistake to think shit kicks of becasue of Islam when there are historical and political factors involved inherent within those countries such as Paksitan, Iraq and Egypt. In fact, the whole mpost of the Middle East. Not just faith.

What happens is that these issues allow a country that is on the verge of breaking up to allow the extremists to crawl out the cracks and become the vocal of them all. These extremists call upon the QURAN and SUNNAH to legitimise their views as is always the case. There are more of them now, but I don't remember hearing of them whilst growing up in the 80's or 90's. All I remember is the Salman Rushdie affair.

I wouldn't disagree with what you've said but nothing you've said counters my point. With islam it's global. No other religion/faith is anywhere near the same level in the 21st century.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #31 - July 31, 2014, 09:13 AM

I would tend to agree with you too Quod, but I realise that since my focus tends to be on Islam and developments within Muslim countries and that the media highlights/sensationalises what is 'current' that in my ignorance I will miss some other things that I have not researched. For example are there examples of other faith groups or faith inspired organisations that commit seek to impose their ideology on others and do so in a violent manner? As you say, Islamists appear to be disproportionately represented in the 'extremist' category, but is that because there are more of them now or because the media focus on them? And to what extent does history/politics play a role in the emergence of such groups as opposed to 'faith'? These are interesting conversations to be had.

I'd rather not agree nor make statements like Islam is this or that simply based on what the media or the limited information I have accessed.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #32 - July 31, 2014, 09:55 AM

I acknowledge there are historical factors, but that again doesn't challenge my point that no other faith is like this, to the same extent, today. That's the key part. Today.

I mean if we're being honest there are places through the entire world that have batshit crazy religious people that we need to be weary of. This is my point though, let's have a look at these groups, or rouges and heroes as yeez would call them. Actual religious groups that can be compared ideologically.

Christian: US, Africa.
    Jewish: Israel, possibly US if you want to count political sway.
    Hindu: India.
    Buddhist: Burma, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand, Tibet.
    Sihks: ...
    Jainists: ...

And so on. With islam, you'd have an easier time listing where it isn't happening. We don't have these conversations about other faiths because other faiths do not do this shit on a GLOBAL scale despite having followers of these faiths on a global scale.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #33 - July 31, 2014, 10:12 AM

Why do I have to challenge your point?

I'm not saying that Islamic extemist isn't on the rise - but how far have you researched extremist elements from other faith groups and the ideological impact they have?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #34 - July 31, 2014, 10:42 AM

It depends how you class it. I haven't included say the catholics in the Philippians who crucify themselves every year because it's something very different.

• ISIS’s Black Flags Are Flying in Europe
     Reply #35 - August 02, 2014, 02:14 AM

Yes, well the severity does certainly differ by geographical/ethnic origin. Though I did know a nice girl from Africa who told me, as her father was the local imam, he just ordered the smallest snip, in line with the rest of the Muslim world (she claimed sahih), rather than the usual life threatening mutilation that was done in her country.
    Good point, some clarification should have been made there.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »