Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: ISIS’s Black Flags Are Flying in Europe

(Read 6386 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ISIS’s Black Flags Are Flying in Europe
     OP - July 28, 2014, 11:12 PM

ISIS’s Black Flags Are Flying in Europe
    by Nadette De Visser

The symbol of the murderous Islamic State is waving in The Hague. ‘Death to the Jews,’ shout the demonstrators. Yet the Dutch government authorized the protests.

“Death to the Jews” chanted the crowd waving the black flags of the Islamic State, or ISIS as it used to be known. They were looking for new supporters for their cause, the creation of a worldwide caliphate answering to the man who now calls himself Ibrahim: a zealot too radical even for Al Qaeda who has stormed through Syria and Iraq carrying out mass executions, crucifying rivals, beheading enemies. But these marchers were not in Syria or Iraq; they were in The Hague in The Netherlands. And their message was one tailored to the disaffected young descendants of Muslim immigrants in Europe.

“We are Moroccans,” went out the cry over a portable loudspeaker. "The French killed the Moroccans but they didn’t kill them all; the grandchildren of the few men left protest against the West, America and the Jews.”

Many of the demonstrators covered their faces with Palestinian scarves or balaclavas. “Anyone who doesn’t jump is a Jew,” someone shouted as the whole group started jumping in a scene that might have been ludicrous if it weren’t for the hateful message. “Death to the Jews!” the crowd shouted in Arabic.

This scene last Thursday came in the wake of an earlier demonstration supposed to defend the Palestinians suffering in Gaza, which turned quickly into a hatefest targeting Israel, with people carrying placards that screamed “Zionism is Nazism.” But while the comingling of pro-Palestinian, anti-Zionist and anti-Semitic sentiment has become all too common in European protests in recent weeks, that the battle flag of the Islamic State waved in the streets of The Netherlands on July 24 is something new and particularly dangerous.

All rallies in Dutch municipalities require permission from the local city council, the police and the public prosecutor’s office. The ISIS demo had been granted permission on the grounds that it was in support of the detained Dutch recruiter for jihad, Oussama Abu Yazeed. But the fact that the mayor’s office in The Hague either was unaware the rally was ISIS-linked or deemed it legitimate regardless has raised serious questions about the city council’s judgment.

Dutch Labor Party (PVDA) member Ahmed Marcouch, a former policeman who sits on the parliament’s security and justice committee, was one of the many who criticized the local government: “Unacceptable!” he tweeted. “Threatening journalists and shouting racist statements is punishable by law.”

Marcouch, who has Moroccan roots himself, wants the Muslim community in The Netherlands to be more vigilant in opposition to ISIS and similar groups. The footage shot at the protest clearly shows a number of very young boys: “What are these kids doing there in the first place?” he asks. “ISIS is pure barbarism, it is bloodthirsty,” Marchouch told The Daily Beast in an interview. “We can’t allow them to win our children away from us.”

Muslims often are criticized for not speaking out strongly enough against the retrograde radicalism of violent jihadists. But Marcouch does not mince his words: “The greatest insult of ISIS may even be toward the Muslims and Islam itself,” he tells us. “I call on the Muslim community: Stand up and don’t allow your religion to be hijacked by these idiots. Don’t make light of them, but make yourself strong against them, these barbaric criminals. Muslims have to speak out: ‘Not in my name! Stay away from my faith!’”   

Marcouch has been arguing inside the parliament and out for more fieldworkers from within the community to prevent what he calls “religious derailments”: “You can only prevent this from happening by offering an alternative theological concept,” he says. “The parents play a part in this, too, in how they educate their kids. What’s the matter with you, allowing your kids to run with this lot? The community is much too silent. ‘We’ stand for civilization and modernity and everyone who wants to be a part of that. ‘They’ are those who reject democracy and even use violence. You have to define your opponent sharply.”   

Marcouch’s decade serving with the police has taught him the limitations of government institutions. “We are a democracy so we can’t just lock people up whenever we feel like it,” he says. “That’s why expertise is paramount; that’s how you expose them.”

It is not only the people of The Netherlands who are worried. In a letter to Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, Shimon Samuels of the Simon Wiesenthal Center wrote about the concerns of the wider Jewish community when it sees these racist demonstrations espousing the cause of the so-called “Islamic State” that opposes everything about democracy.

Whether the city of The Hague believes racism will simply ebb away when ignored, or just does not take the threat of ISIS seriously enough, is unclear. But ignoring the threat coming from gatherings like this aimed at legitimizing the warmongering of a growing group of fanatical and extremely violent radicals is ill advised. They are trying to win the hearts and minds and expendable bodies of young people, persuading them to go fight alongside the hundreds of Europeans who’ve already joined the gruesome war in Iraq and Syria.

The Hague’s Mayor Jozias van Aartsen recently claimed on Dutch radio that no red lines were crossed by the protests, but such declarations are facing mounting incredulity when pictures circulate on the Web like one posted by an Iraqi-Dutch citizen in the IS-ruled Syrian city of Raqqa. It showed him surrounded by the severed heads of seven men spiked on an iron fence. The photograph looks as if some parts of it may have been faked, but the sentiment is genuine enough. Beheadings, for ISIS, have become a kind of sport.

Many of the young people who end up surviving this horrific war for the caliphate will haunt Europe when they come back home, and security services all over the continent and, indeed, in the United States, are concerned. On Friday the Dutch public prosecutor's office finally announced that an investigation into ISIS in The Netherlands is underway.

One thing is certain, ignoring ISIS will not make it disappear and reasoning with people who want to spike the heads of their adversaries on fences should not be an option.

source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/27/isis-s-black-flags-are-flying-in-europe.html

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • ISIS?s Black Flags Are Flying in Europe
     Reply #1 - July 28, 2014, 11:22 PM

This kind of thing exasperates me.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - July 28, 2014, 11:25 PM

*Sighs*. Feels like we living back 2000 years sometimes.
     Reply #3 - July 29, 2014, 10:11 AM

^ It's like Islam is having its very own inquisition in the 21st century. Sam Harris said today's Muslims are like 14th century Christians but with 21st century weapons. That rings true.

"Zionism is Nazism" scream the guys yelling "death to Jews", lol. 

In France, Muslim violence against Jews is so common that many French Jews are fleeing…to Israel…the country Muslims don't want Jews to have. Oh, the irony *facepalm*
     Reply #4 - July 29, 2014, 10:15 AM

*Sighs*. Feels like we living back 2000 years sometimes.

No
     2000 years back certainly there was no Islam
     Tongue
     Reply #5 - July 29, 2014, 10:11 PM

^ It's like Islam is having its very own inquisition in the 21st century. Sam Harris said today's Muslims are like 14th century Christians but with 21st century weapons. That rings true.

"Zionism is Nazism" scream the guys yelling "death to Jews", lol. 

In France, Muslim violence against Jews is so common that many French Jews are fleeing…to Israel…the country Muslims don't want Jews to have. Oh, the irony *facepalm*

And people wonder why the Israelis are such paranoid fuckers.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - July 29, 2014, 10:26 PM

Sam Harris said today's Muslims are like 14th century Christians but with 21st century weapons. That rings true.

Some Muslims, a minority even, and no doubt you will find similar things with other faiths if you care to investigate.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #7 - July 29, 2014, 10:29 PM

The difference being that with Islam there is no need to investigate, which probably says something about relative prevalence of nutters.

Reply #8 - July 29, 2014, 11:00 PM

No it just happens that ISIS are in the news at the moment. You still have to investigate otherwise and who knows from where and when God's Lunatics will emerge. They could be in Africa, South America, East Asia, Russia, Eastern Europe - they're everywhere. You only have to take the time and energy to look and you can find them.

For now though, ISIS has the peoples attention - but why isn't the government doing anything? Maybe they are. The ISIS say 'force FGM on girls' and 'demolish those ancient buildings'.

But that is a world of difference between saying MUSLIMS and ISIS.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #9 - July 30, 2014, 12:36 AM

And people wonder why the Israelis are such paranoid fuckers.

I am SO glad my grandparents aren't around to see this shit happening...again. They must be spinning in their graves right now.  Cry

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #10 - July 30, 2014, 02:49 AM

Some Muslims, a minority even, and no doubt you will find similar things with other faiths if you care to investigate.

I meant the zeitgeist in the ummah. The mainstream in Islam is a lot more rigid and intolerant than the mainstream in any other mainstream religion.

Islam is easily the most destructive religion on earth today. Obviously, not all Muslims are violent fanatics or supporters of violent fanatics. I never was and neither are my family members BUT the state of the ummah and the pro-ISIS statuses on my FB feed don't lie. Are there Christian militant groups that attract the admiration and respect of Christians worldwide? Will you ever see Swedish Christians holding up banners of the LRA? I can't think of any religion with anything similar to the global jihad. 
     Reply #11 - July 30, 2014, 06:56 AM

No it just happens that ISIS are in the news at the moment. You still have to investigate otherwise and who knows from where and when God's Lunatics will emerge. They could be in Africa, South America, East Asia, Russia, Eastern Europe - they're everywhere. You only have to take the time and energy to look and you can find them.

For now though, ISIS has the peoples attention - but why isn't the government doing anything? Maybe they are. The ISIS say 'force FGM on girls' and 'demolish those ancient buildings'.

But that is a world of difference between saying MUSLIMS and ISIS.

Yes, I am aware of the difference, but it's not just ISIS. It's what Al-Alethia said above.

ETA: And while I think of it, it pays to bear in mind that the core text of Islam longs for, and glorifies, a day when even trees and rocks will call Muslims to kill all the Jews. This is supposedly an absolutely bonzer day and the sooner it comes, the better (according to Islam) and of course until then Jews should be subjugated and humiliated. In other words, Islam is a creed that explicitly, publicly and proudly advocates a final solution to the Jewish problem, with treatment as second class citizens until that glorious day. Yes, that is loaded wording, but is still not stretching the point too far.

Obviously not all Muslims take this to heart, but it is always lurking in the shadows, ready for anyone who wants to start taking it seriously. Any time Jews do something somebody doesn't like, some clowns will apparently start taking it seriously. This has been happening for centuries, well before the advent of the state of Israel, so it's pointless to try and blame it on 20th century Zionism.

You want peace in the middle east? Here's a prophecy, free of charge, courtesy of my balls made of crystal: Peace will come to the middle east the day the mainstream Islamic position becomes that Jews are fully the equal of Muslims, and always deserve to be treated as such. With the knowledge of Islam you have accumulated, you can probably make a good guess at when that is likely to be. Until then, people will keep dying, because the absence of it is the basis of Israeli paranoia and defensiveness, and given their history they will do whatever they think they have to.

Reply #12 - July 30, 2014, 07:40 AM

While I say quite freely that islamists are a minority, they are a minority in EVERY corner of the world. The Americas. Europe. Africa. Middle East. Far East. Australia. You don't get the same shit from other faiths on the level you get it with islam.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #13 - July 30, 2014, 11:57 AM

I meant the zeitgeist in the ummah. The mainstream in Islam is a lot more rigid and intolerant than the mainstream in any other mainstream religion.

Islam is easily the most destructive religion on earth today. Obviously, not all Muslims are violent fanatics or supporters of violent fanatics. I never was and neither are my family members BUT the state of the ummah and the pro-ISIS statuses on my FB feed don't lie. Are there Christian militant groups that attract the admiration and respect of Christians worldwide? Will you ever see Swedish Christians holding up banners of the LRA? I can't think of any religion with anything similar to the global jihad. 

I don't know what kind of people you have on an FB feed, but it usually takes time for these groups to really become unpopular. The problem in the mainstream Islamic world is Sharia(penal code, treatment of women&minorities). However when it comes to killing civilians, Im not convinced there is great difference between the West and the Islamic world. The difference lies in what information muslims believe+a whole lot of conspiracy that muslims believe in.Here is a post discussing a few polls(although I don't like the word islamophobe)
    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/08/a-fascinating-look-at-the-political-views-of-muslim-americans/242975/
    http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/08/surveys-show-muslims-in-every-country-less-likely-to-justify-killing-civilians-than-americans-and-israelis/

Thats not to say there aren't too many jihadis everywhere, but that their support shouldn't be overestimated. Having been reading what jihadis say, as I used to before I left Islam, their annoyance with ordinary muslims turning against them is great, more importantly Baghdadi prohibited the beheading videos, and maybe even beheadings, because of this
     The people who support killing apostates,stoning to death and chopping of limbs are alot more, whether they believe it should be applied or not.
     Reply #14 - July 30, 2014, 12:10 PM

The ISIS say 'force FGM on girls'

Source?

I'd be very surprised if that was true.

These modern jihadi salafis usually reject fgm. It's usually the cultural-type Muslims from backward areas that tend to practise it. These jihadis - although backward in a sense - are often from either western Muslim communities or more modern urban areas scattered across the Muslims world where fgm is generally frowned on.
     Reply #15 - July 30, 2014, 12:20 PM

Source?

These modern jihadi salafis usually reject fgm. It's usually the cultural-type Muslims from backward areas that tend to practise it. These jihadis - although backward in a sense - are often from either western Muslim communities or more modern urban areas scattered across the Muslims world where fgm is generally frowned on.

No doubt they are IDIOTS but all the news news from these rogues need to be taken with a pinch of salt and look for multiple sources..

Isis orders all girls and women in Mosul to undergo FGM, UN report says theguardian.com

Isis denies ordering that all girls in Mosul undergo FGM   says theguardian.com

Those kids in Iraq having fun and have wonderful family..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #16 - July 30, 2014, 12:28 PM

I wouldn't put anything past those barbaric lunatics of ISIS - but somehow I doubt they'd order FGM.

Simply based on my experience with these nutty Jihadi types.
     Reply #17 - July 30, 2014, 12:38 PM

I wouldn't put anything past those barbaric lunatics of ISIS - but somehow I doubt they'd order FGM.

Simply based on my experience with these nutty Jihadi types.

Oh! your experience is from London..    FGM is a 'national scandal', says London MPs

So more of  that FGM is going in London than Iraq..

Reply #18 - July 30, 2014, 01:53 PM

So more of  that FGM is going in London than Iraq..

This is probably true. I don't think FGM is a thing in Iraq nor is it a thing for these Salafi jihadi types. 

@Skywalker
    I've seen polls indicating that support for indiscriminate attacks against civilians aren't popular in the Muslim world so I agree with you there. The violent religious groups and their supporters are a minority, but like QES said, they're a minority *everywhere*. You just don't have this phenomenon in other religions. 

It's not limited to my fb feed (that's just an example). There have been ISIS flags raised and rallies held in multiple countries (any counter-rallies?), not to mention how diverse their fighters are. There's a global support network for ISIS and similar groups, as small as it may be. I agree that it takes time for their popularity to wane. My family was all for them until they went on a mosque demolition spree and went full crusader on the Iraqi Christians. Muslims are beginning to turn on them but that doesn't change the gist of my comment that this kind of widespread violent fanaticism is almost exclusive to Islam in the contemporary era. 
     Reply #19 - July 30, 2014, 01:57 PM

Oh! your experience is from London..    FGM is a 'national scandal', says London MPs

So more of  that FGM is going in London than Iraq..

Yes, but those that practise are not the Salafi Jihadi types.

It's common amongst Muslim African communities - especially Somali communities - and amongst uneducated, older and often cultural Muslims.

I'm pretty certain you won't find any of these Salafi-Jihadis defending it.

Which is why I cannot believe ISIS would impose it on the people of Mosul. Even if some amongst them did support it (which I doubt) - many more would be opposed to it - plus it is hardly an essential element of Islam (most Muslim scholars these days reject it outright, while those that accept it would consider it at best a weak or barely tolerated tradition) - they must have their hands full coping with the such a huge population and the last thing they need is to enforce fgm which will be a nightmare to enforce and alienate absolutely the whole city.

Nah - no way is this true.
     Reply #20 - July 30, 2014, 02:03 PM

This is probably true. I don't think FGM is a thing in Iraq nor is it a thing for these Salafi jihadi types. 

.............. but that doesn't change the gist of my comment that this kind of widespread violent fanaticism is almost exclusive to Islam in the contemporary era. 

well it is COMBINATORIAL EFFECT.,  It has that  Islamic victim mentality(often self victimized).,   group mentality that mosques/prayer rooms provide every Friday.,  Thinking that "Past  Colonialism   ruined Islam" mentality.,    anger management problem., family economics.,  .,  Not allowing Questions about Quran with-in Muslim community, inexpensive modern weapons  where only few rogues can create troubles to whole towns..   and add to that bending ass up and sending blood in to the brain thinking about Allah Islam nonsense...

all those effects and more makes violent fanaticism is being exclusive to Islam following Muslims..

Reply #21 - July 30, 2014, 02:29 PM

Good points, yeez.
     Reply #22 - July 30, 2014, 02:31 PM

well it is COMBINATORIAL EFFECT.,  It has that  Islamic victim mentality(often self victimized).,   group mentality that mosques/prayer rooms provide every Friday.,  Thinking that "Past  Colonialism   ruined Islam" mentality.,    anger management problem., family economics.,  .,  Not allowing Questions about Quran with-in Muslim community, inexpensive modern weapons  where only few rogues can create troubles to whole towns..   and add to that bending ass up and sending blood in to the brain thinking about Allah Islam nonsense...

all those effects and more makes violent fanaticism is being exclusive to Islam following Muslims..

Good post!
     Reply #23 - July 30, 2014, 09:30 PM

Al-Alethia

I was merely pointing out that you shouldn't overestimate the numbers of ISIS supporters because of bunch furry flagwaving fanboys on fb, especially as more of their bronze age barbarism is revealed.
     Reply #24 - July 30, 2014, 10:03 PM

Source?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/24/isis-women-girls-fgm-mosul-un

This shows the other side:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28466434

Clouded in mystery the extremist views are.

Reply #25 - July 30, 2014, 10:14 PM

While I say quite freely that islamists are a minority, they are a minority in EVERY corner of the world. The Americas. Europe. Africa. Middle East. Far East. Australia. You don't get the same shit from other faiths on the level you get it with islam.

It depends...I'm sure batshit crazy Christians and Jews aiming to fulfill end tiems prophecy attempt to and have had some elverage over domestic/foreign policy in the U.S.

'Shit' has been kicking off because of other reasons aside from Islam - mistake to think shit kicks of becasue of Islam when there are historical and political factors involved inherent within those countries such as Paksitan, Iraq and Egypt. In fact, the whole mpost of the Middle East. Not just faith.

What happens is that these issues allow a country that is on the verge of breaking up to allow the extremists to crawl out the cracks and become the vocal of them all. These extremists call upon the QURAN and SUNNAH to legitimise their views as is always the case. There are more of them now, but I don't remember hearing of them whilst growing up in the 80's or 90's. All I remember is the Salman Rushdie affair.

Reply #26 - July 30, 2014, 10:16 PM

Yes, but those that practise are not the Salafi Jihadi types.

It's common amongst Muslim African communities - especially Somali communities - and amongst uneducated, older and often cultural Muslims.

I'm pretty certain you won't find any of these Salafi-Jihadis defending it.

Which is why I cannot believe ISIS would impose it on the people of Mosul. Even if some amongst them did support it (which I doubt) - many more would be opposed to it - plus it is hardly an essential element of Islam (most Muslim scholars these days reject it outright, while those that accept it would consider it at best a weak or barely tolerated tradition) - they must have their hands full coping with the such a huge population and the last thing they need is to enforce fgm which will be a nightmare to enforce and alienate absolutely the whole city.

Nah - no way is this true.

This may in fact turn out to be true as the claim may in fact be a hoax/misinformation.

Reply #27 - July 30, 2014, 10:19 PM

I was replying to what I presume you were paraphrasing S Harris.

I hate generalisations about Muslims (yes, more so than others). It is best to moderate the language used.

Reply #28 - July 31, 2014, 03:01 AM

FGM is common enough in Iraq.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2011/07/25/iraqi-kurdistan-law-banning-fgm-positive-step

Surely y'all knew that. It's not exclusive to Africa at all. Some people in Iraq claim that they cannot eat the food prepared by an uncut girl. I saw that on a documentary years ago, though I was reading the English, maybe it was not translated accurately.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #29 - July 31, 2014, 03:58 AM

FGM is common enough in Iraq.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2011/07/25/iraqi-kurdistan-law-banning-fgm-positive-step

Surely y'all knew that. It's not exclusive to Africa  at all. Some people in Iraq claim that they cannot eat the food prepared by an uncut girl. I saw that on a documentary years ago, though I was reading the English, maybe it was not translated accurately.

http://forum.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?t=208&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »