Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Indian witch trials

(Read 11676 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #120 - July 29, 2014, 07:46 PM

Slavery (and Racism) were both taken to new heights buy Western Culture when it suited their needs. What does that say about the culture you so trust.

Sorry are you talking about my Pakistani-Indian-British-American-Muslim-European-Native American and some parts African 'culture' that I was born in to and/or adapted because I took a fancy to some of the behaviours/ideas?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #121 - July 29, 2014, 07:56 PM

No, but neither am I cool with forcing people into a system they dont agree with. I dont really see the difference, one might be worse than the other, but only in degree not in nature.

We are all forced into systems we do not agree with. It is part of being a member of a society or nation. Not everyone will get their cake and eat it too. We pay for roads and services we may never use but others will. Other people pay for services we use which they do not. However this is not a case in question. The case here is nonsensical magic which has no basis in reality. It is a unjustified belief which people act on which causes harm to others. That is the issue. The fact that a sub-culture thinks witchcraft is real do not make it so. Have you considered that the victims are being forced into a system they do not agree with, namely one which believes in witchcraft and accuses others of practicing. Your argument is self-refuting as you argue it's wrong to force systems on to others while defending a system which is forced on to the victim.
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #122 - July 29, 2014, 09:07 PM

I'd missed this thread.

Give it a rest, Mubs. You're having a mare.
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #123 - July 29, 2014, 11:16 PM

If you had actually read the thread you would know she failed to provide a proper definition of circumstances under which we should intervene. She then got me to repeat my initial stance and then decided to ignore me because of it.  I am not sure you understand the principles of reasoned discussion.

In addition, she also deliberately misrepresented the forum rules in order to get an EMOTIONAL advantage over me when reason failed her arguments.

Actually, for anyone reading this thread without a pro-slavery, pro-honour-killing, pro-witch-burning stance, it is quite clear that lua and others have basically toppled every single incoherent point you raised and showed your arguments to be nothing but empty rhetoric.

Her perspective and yours are based on brainwashing and nothing less from Western media and ideaology. Consider, how few people in India and Pakistan protest against honour killings, yet you make that as an example and we hear of it in the Media all the time. I am Indian and have many Pakistani friends, honour killings is something I've never heard of happening other than in the Media. You should take the Media less seriously, dont you think there is an agenda, deliberate or not? And how many slaves DO YOU KNOW (telling me I havent experienced oppression). All your knowledge of slavery comes from Hollywood movies and school text books that are obviously ideaologically driven.

Do tell me more about myself. I love hearing such profound analyses about myself from random internet trolls. Smiley

You are pro-intervention based on what you see and hear on the Media, coupled with the sense of Morality instilled in you by the culture you so trust and admire (which itself rose to power using those same practices it is now so anti-thetical to).

WTF are you on about? Seriously, are you on drugs? And if so, consider switching to better ones.

You get upset and emotional from TV clips THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY DESIGNED TO DO JUST THAT and then tell me I am living in my head and feel no empathy!!!

Yep. By condoning violence against people in the name of saving their culture, you are yourself showing your lack of empathy.

I tried hard to represent my views and fairly as I can, even having suffered insults from members, but for an admin to leave such a biased reply is rather disappointing.

It's a discussion forum. Mods and admins take part in discussions sometimes on forums made for and by adults. Try and keep that in mind next time.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #124 - July 30, 2014, 06:22 AM

https://soundcloud.com/intelligence2/sam-harris-on-the-science-of-good-and-evil

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #125 - July 30, 2014, 07:34 AM

Slavery (and Racism) were both taken to new heights buy Western Culture when it suited their needs. What does that say about the culture you so trust.

Pray tell of these "new heights"? And also define what you mean. The Atlantic slave trade? The Roman slave trade?  Are we going back 100000+ years to early European/American/Mexican/South American cavemen? Further? Every bit of slavery that has ever taken place in one area of the world since our ancestors first migrated out of Africa and set foot in this particular hemisphere? popcorn

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #126 - July 30, 2014, 07:53 AM

Oh and don't forget that when Western countries took to attacking North Africa in the 19th century, it was largely because they had finally had enough of the Muslim slave traders from that area constantly raiding (for centuries) the European/Mediterranean coasts to carry off slaves.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #127 - July 30, 2014, 08:23 AM

Shut up! Next you'll be telling me that the Koran endorses slavery.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #128 - July 30, 2014, 08:38 AM

How did I miss this thread? popcorn
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #129 - July 30, 2014, 08:52 AM

:O Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't a Muslim just enslave non-Muslim women for sexual pleasure and then release them for maximum Jannah bonus points?

أشهد أن لا إله
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #130 - July 30, 2014, 09:15 AM

Yes, yes he could. According to classical fiqh, a people who do not have a treaty with the Muslims are in constant dar al harb. This means Muslims can raid a random village, take prisoners and keep them as sex slaves, all according to Islamic laws and regulations. But you know, this slavery wasn't that bad, it was dem evil white people who took slavery to "new hights", whatever that means. The only difference is that the children of slave women were considered legitimate and were born free. However, their social status was always below the children from free women.

To be quite honest, it is condecending and on the verge of racism to claim that certain cultures are more or less static. Like inherently sexist or opressive. What mubs doesn't undestand is that he's indirectly claiming, knowingly or not, that certain cultures are inherently retarded. Even though he doesn't see burning women on the stake as retarded... A

As if culture isn't constantly changing Roll Eyes like non white women don't deserve the same rights and freedom, because who knows what social problems that can lead to (can't believe the troll actually said that Cheesy). As if women from their own culture do not raise their voices, irregardless if they are a minority or not. Women fighting for the right to vote were also a minority in the beginning, and people were also worried what "social problems" such changes could lead to Roll Eyes

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #131 - July 30, 2014, 09:17 AM

I thought it could only be done in a proper war declared by the emir/caliph? Fortunately, for some unbeknownst reason, contemporary jihadis don't practice this. 
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #132 - July 30, 2014, 09:21 AM

Fortunately, for some unbeknownst reason, contemporary jihadis don't practice this.

*cough* Boko Haram *cough*

*ahem* Algerian jihadis, a few years ago, IIRC *ahem*

I'm sure there will be others.

• Indian witch trials
     Reply #133 - July 30, 2014, 09:22 AM

Classical fiqh divides the world in dar al Islam and dar al harb. If there is no treaty, they are in constant state of war in theory. That's why Muslim pirates succesfully kidnapped Europeans for a long time and sold them on the slave markets. White skin was desirable. Luckily, this is a "sunnah" that hasn't been revived yet by the majority of jihadis Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #134 - July 30, 2014, 09:56 AM

Ah yes, the dar-al-harb/dar-al-Islam thing. What a miserable way to view the world. Sheesh. 
    So technically a Muslim could kidnap a non-Muslim woman in any dar-al-harb country and it's legit? 

@Oz
    Wow. Never heard of these Algerian jihadis. Did they take Algerian (Muslim) women as sex slaves? Links? 
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #135 - July 30, 2014, 11:10 PM

Would have to go digging for links, and frankly cbf'd on my first cup of coffeee. IIRC it was during the civil war in Algeria several years ago. They were kidnapping women (presumably mostly Muslim, in Algeria) and "marrying" them, using them for sex, and often killing them when they were done. Pretty nasty bunch.

• Indian witch trials
     Reply #136 - July 31, 2014, 12:05 AM

Here's the basics from Wiki. Dig around if you want more gruesome details from other sources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algerian_Civil_War#Village_massacres

At this point, however, a new and vital problem emerged. Starting around April (the Thalit massacre), Algeria was wracked by massacres of intense brutality and unprecedented size; previous massacres had occurred in the conflict, but always on a substantially smaller scale. Typically targeting entire villages or neighborhoods and disregarding the age and sex of victims, killing tens, and sometimes hundreds, of civilians at a time.

These massacres continued through the end of 1998, changing the nature of the political situation considerably. The areas south and east of Algiers, which had voted strongly for FIS in 1991, were hit particularly hard; the Rais and Bentalha massacres in particular shocked worldwide observers. Pregnant women were sliced open, children were hacked to pieces or dashed against walls, men's limbs were hacked off one by one, and, as the attackers retreated, they would kidnap young women to keep as sex slaves. Although this quotation by Nesroullah Yous, a survivor of Bentalha, may be an exaggeration, it expresses the apparent mood of the attackers:

"We have the whole night to rape your women and children, drink your blood. Even if you escape today, we'll come back tomorrow to finish you off! We're here to send you to your God!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rais_massacre

The hooded attackers arrived about 1 am in trucks and cars, armed with shotguns, knives, axes, and bombs. They continued killing the village's men, women, children, and even animals until dawn (about 6 am), cutting throats and taking the time to burn corpses; young women, however, were abducted instead of being killed. In some cases, they left severed heads on doorsteps. They mutilated and stole from the dead, and committed atrocities against pregnant women. They burned and bombed some houses. The villagers tried to flee or hide. Army units stayed outside the village, shooting at fleeing villagers, but not attempting to enter the village until after the attackers, carrying away some 20 young women, left at dawn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bentalha_massacre

On September 22, at 11:30 pm, explosions rocked the Hai el-Djilali neighborhood on the southwest side of Bentalha, and attackers began pouring in from the orange groves to the neighborhood's southeast. They began methodically going from house to house and slaughtering every man, woman, and child they found within. Screams and alarms filled the air as a helicopter circled overhead. The attackers were armed with machine guns, hunting rifles, and machetes; some, according to Nesroullah Yous (see below), were dressed in dark combats, some in the Islamists' trademark kachabia, with balaclavas and beards. They recognized some of the locals, calling them by name. They proceeded, dashing babies into walls[citation needed], cutting off limbs, cutting throats, raping and then killing women.

Allahu akbar. parrot

Initially I was surprised you hadn't heard of this, since it was "only" 17 years ago, but I suppose you were in nappies then. Wink

• Indian witch trials
     Reply #137 - July 31, 2014, 02:47 AM

Lol, thanks for the info. I did know about the Algerian civil war, watched an Al-Jazeera documentary on it a couple of years ago, and the gruesome massacres of villages but had no idea about the rape and sex slavery. Very, very nasty bunch. 
  • Indian witch trials
     Reply #138 - July 31, 2014, 09:03 AM

................. the Algerian civil war, ....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtsxLc4SyH8

http://vimeo.com/46095317

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Indian witch trials
     Reply #139 - July 31, 2014, 09:57 AM

Pray tell of these "new heights"? And also define what you mean. The Atlantic slave trade? The Roman slave trade?  Are we going back 100000+ years to early European/American/Mexican/South American cavemen? Further? Every bit of slavery that has ever taken place in one area of the world since our ancestors first migrated out of Africa and set foot in this particular hemisphere? popcorn

Hurry, my popcorn is running out!

• Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »