Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ahmadis killed in Gujranwala Mob attack over alleged blasphemy says news

(Read 3420 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ahmadis killed in Gujranwala Mob attack over alleged blasphemy says news
     OP - July 28, 2014, 08:04 AM

Mob attack over alleged blasphemy: Three Ahmadis killed in Gujranwala
    GUJRANWALA: Three female members of the Ahmadi community, including two minors, were killed late Sunday and eight others were severely injured when an angry mob attacked and burnt five houses, a storage building and several vehicles over alleged blasphemy.

Those killed in the attack include a 55-year-old woman Bashiran, a minor girl Kainat and 7-year-old girl Hira.

The victims were rushed to the district headquarters hospital and the condition of few wounded was reported as critical. Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) of the People's Colony Circle as saying that the trouble started with an allegedly blasphemous post on Facebook by an Ahmadi youth.

The son of a Imam of a local mosque along with his friends reached the house of the youth where they entered into a scuffle and were allegedly fired upon. The Imam's son and his friend sustained gunshot wounds following which a mob gathered and began protesting which eventually attacked and damaged homes and other property belonging to members of the Ahmadi community.

Gujranwala CPO Waqas Nazir, Civil Lines SP Zeeshan Siddiqi and DSP of CIA Rashid Sindhu reached the spot and began negotiations with members of both communities to bring the situation under control.

“Later, a crowd of 150 people came to the police station demanding the registration of a blasphemy case against the accused,” said another police officer who declined to be identified. “As police were negotiating with the crowd, another mob attacked and started burning the houses of Ahmadis.”

The youth accused of making the Facebook post had not been injured, he said.Civil Lines SP Zeeshan Siddiqi said the victims died of suffocation and that a woman miscarried during the riots and was being provided medical treatment.

Salimuddin, a spokesman for the Ahmadi community, said it was the worst attack on the community since simultaneous attacks on Ahmadi places of worship killed 86 Ahmadis four years ago.

“Police were there but just watching the burning. They didn't do anything to stop the mob,” he said. “First they looted their homes and shops and then they burnt the homes.” According to police and eyewitnesses, there were seven to eight houses of the Ahmadi community in the vicinity. However, following the violence all Ahmadi families in the area managed to flee.

Fearing further incidents of violence and arson Gujranwala Electric Power Company (Gepco) suspended the supply of electricity in the area.

Ahmadis have been arrested in Pakistan for reading the Holy Quran, holding religious celebrations and having Quranic verses on rings or wedding cards. Four years ago, 86 Ahmadis were killed in two simultaneous attacks in Lahore.

Houses of Ahmadis after they were torched by a mob following accusations of blasphemy in Gujranwala,

Well that is the Eid News for Ahamadi Muslims in Land of fucking Pure..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - July 28, 2014, 08:13 AM

Eid Mubarak Ahmadis! Well they do call themselves Muslims so cant feel too sorry for them.

I have Pashtun friend here, and some of the things she was saying about Ahmadis was quite abhorrent.
     Reply #2 - July 28, 2014, 08:36 AM

Eid Mubarak Ahmadis! Well they do call themselves Muslims so cant feel too sorry for them.

I have Pashtun friend here, and some of the things she was saying about Ahmadis was quite abhorrent.

Explain yourself before I smite your ass.

Are you justifying violence against innocent members of a community simply because what someone told you?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #3 - July 28, 2014, 08:41 AM

No Im saying Ahmadis are Muslims, and Islam is a violent religion. They believe in Muhammed so cant really feel too sorry for them when Islamic violence is brought on to them.

What I mean is abhorrent is the type of hate the girl was showiing for her 'fellow muslims'.,"Oh they do this and that...they're not really muslims...they will be punished etc"
     Reply #4 - July 28, 2014, 08:52 AM

They believe in Muhammed so cant really feel too sorry for them when Islamic violence is brought on to them.

Of course you can feel sorry for them because they did not invite the violence upon themselves nor did they incite it. There's stupidity in every religion out there, the violence and the sheer brutality of God's Will transcends all borders whether it's Hindu's using the divinely sanctioned caste system to rape and murder young girls or idiots using blasphemy laws to kills their fellow human beings.

I strongly urge you to reconsider your position because if that is your thought process then it is seriously fucked up.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #5 - July 28, 2014, 08:58 AM

I said "we cant feel TOO sorry".

By the way, I dont need to feel sorry for anyone. I didnt do it so why should I feel bad?
     Reply #6 - July 28, 2014, 08:59 AM

Human empathy?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #7 - July 28, 2014, 09:02 AM

I said "we cant feel TOO sorry".

By the way, I dont need to feel sorry for anyone. I didnt do it so why should I feel bad?

Did you read this?

Those killed in the attack include a 55-year-old woman Bashiran, a minor girl Kainat and 7-year-old girl Hira.

In fact, fuck off I'm done talking with you.

Reply #8 - July 28, 2014, 09:05 AM

I'm not saying its a good thing. I honestly dont feel anything for those people having read the story. I guess I just block the emotion out knowing it wont help anything for me to feel bad.

Rationality can overcome the initial emotional response.
     Reply #9 - July 28, 2014, 09:07 AM

Important story though..
     Reply #10 - July 28, 2014, 09:10 AM

It may not be rationality as much as distance. There's a lot of people who are not disturbed by any story as long as it stays on the newspaper and away from home.

Still, I would be careful about using language that makes it seem like you are in some way rationalizing or justifying it. It's fine to not have a certain emotional reaction to something, but trivializing the victims is not necessary.
     Reply #11 - July 28, 2014, 09:16 AM

I tend to agree with Jedi here. Some people are incapable of feeling real empathy, and that's fine; it's just how they're wired. But from the sound of it you seem to have very little empathy for them just because they're Muslims. Disregarding the fact that some of them are children who aren't really 'Muslim' quiet yet, the grown-up Muslims deserve as much empathy. Believing in a religion or not is a very faith-based principle and it requires tearing down that wall before you can see the glitches in the matrix, and it's not like they did anything wrong. They are simply people who believed in god.

p.s. in no way a personal attack, just my 2 cents.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #12 - July 28, 2014, 09:22 AM

No Im saying Ahmadis are Muslims, and Islam is a violent religion. They believe in Muhammed so cant really feel too sorry for them when Islamic violence is brought on to them.

What I mean is abhorrent is the type of hate the girl was showiing for her 'fellow muslims'.,"Oh they do this and that...they're not really muslims...they will be punished etc"

.................. I honestly dont feel anything for those people having read the story. I guess I just block the emotion out knowing it wont help anything for me to feel bad.........

Rationality can overcome the initial emotional response.

You know   Mr. mubs_352., instead of writing such words as above  you should focus on other thread you are  in http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=26914.msg770666#msg770666

I say YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT Muhammad.,

Reply #13 - July 28, 2014, 09:35 AM

Yeezeevee I dont really understand this line

"I say YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT Muhammad.,"
     Reply #14 - July 28, 2014, 09:51 AM

Yeezeevee I dont really understand this line

"I say YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT Muhammad.,"

well I say what I say mubs_352., If you know something Muhammad Prophet of Islam.. Write me his story   in any of these threads..

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=17422.0
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=16106.0
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=22184.0

Reply #15 - July 28, 2014, 03:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E6_Kpr0IPQ

That is what Allah/Muhammad loving heroes of Islam do in Pakistan to the houses and people in the name of Blasphemy., Off course  the so called accused Blasphemer also a Muslim..

what can people do? how can you educate these ISLAMIC Baboons ?  impossible .. impossible task .. except send their leaders either to zoo or to allah brothel house..

Reply #16 - July 28, 2014, 04:55 PM

As an ex Ahmadi Muslim I do feel sorry for the young children.
    I do however have no sympathy with the Ahmadi community. You see them as a friendly peaceful Muslims but that is for the media, try being part of this community that is only there to make financial gains.
    They hate Muslims and anyone that are not Ahamdis, only on your faces will they show how tolerate they are but not in reality.  To me they are like a cult, I thought the Ahmadis are the tru Islam until I opened my eyes.
    They are not the only ones who are being persecuted and yet go and show the entire world what terrible persecution they are facing and yet don't care for anyone else.
    Also the most arrogant people I have come across.
    Dont think I am being cold, there are good Ahmadis too and NO ONE DERSERVES TO BE PERSECUTED but Ahmadis think they are the only ones..
     Reply #17 - July 28, 2014, 05:02 PM

Irrespective of your particular experience, I don't see the Ahmadi community as 'nice' people, just people that don't deserve the treatment that those in the OP received. Come to think of it, it is not the media that represents the ahmadi community as peaceful but the ahmadi's themselves, at least on British T.V. that I have watched. But thank you for your propaganda broadcast. I've also read your Introduction - Christians think they're pretty special too don't they or does your critical lens only focus upon a small, minority community that is actually facing persecution?

Reply #18 - July 28, 2014, 05:07 PM

As you and your loved ones were once one of them, I would have expected you to be the most capable of assigning a human element to these killings. There are religious people whose views and sense of superiority will irk me to no end, but unless they are actively engaging in violence toward others, there is no reason not to condemn violence when it is brought upon them.

Just because you put the "no one deserves to be persecuted" in all caps doesn't make it negate the entire rest of your post where you're dismissing these attacks because you think they're arrogant jerks. Yes, you are being cold.

Reply #19 - July 28, 2014, 05:19 PM

I've also read your Introduction - Christians think they're pretty special too don't they or does your critical lens only focus upon a small, minority community that is actually facing persecution?

Precisely.

I have no more love for Christianity as an ex-Christian than I do for any sect of Islam as an ex-Muslim. I think it's all nonsense, what the Ahmadis believe and what you believe. I might categorize some sects of each as a cult. I think many of the views of both are pretty terrible, and although a lot of you are nice, a ton of theists are people with superiority complexes who think they're sitting on the secrets of the universe who begrudgingly tolerate others' lifestyles. Or at least that's my personal experience.

But if I went around shrugging off violence targeting a religious group just because of those things, I would hope some people with a bit of decency would correct me.
     Reply #20 - July 28, 2014, 05:30 PM

Exactly, particularly when you will hear Christians in this country talking about Christians being persecuted simply because their religion is mocked. That Christians are ACTUALLY being persecuted in countries like Pakistan, alongside Ahmadis, would make you think that both groups would be able to empathise with one another.

However, lua, your point about a superiortiy complex is spot on. Christianity has an embedded superiority complex: 'I am the Truth, I am the Way'. That some Christians do not demonstrate this arrogance does not mean it is not deeply embedded within the faith itself.

Reply #21 - July 28, 2014, 05:34 PM

As an ex Ahmadi Muslim I do feel sorry for the young children.
    I do however have no sympathy with the Ahmadi community. You see them as a friendly peaceful Muslims but that is for the media, try being part of this community that is only there to make financial gains.
    They hate Muslims and anyone that are not Ahamdis, only on your faces will they show how tolerate they are but not in reality.  To me they are like a cult, I thought the Ahmadis are the tru Islam until I opened my eyes. They are not the only ones who are being persecuted and yet go and show the entire world what terrible persecution they are facing and yet don't care for anyone else.
    Also the most arrogant people I have come across.
    Dont think I am being cold, there are good Ahmadis too and NO ONE DERSERVES TO BE PERSECUTED but Ahmadis think they are the only ones..

hello Helena22 ., I am not sure whether you opened eyes or not .,    or whether you are trying to open the eyes of others but you do have point there.   Boy that is your 2nd post  and I am glad to read your first post  at http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=24584.msg697823#msg697823

Well join the club,  we will discuss in-time how old any one is and difference between cults and religions .. and and difference with-in Abrahamic  religions and other religions.  I am sure your experience of life in religions will be a very valuable help to number of folks here.., By the way, folks here range from 17 year to 79 year old.  In fact I see some folks here that  are 7 year old.. and they need to be restricted to some folders..   lol,,

with best wishes and welcome to CEMB.
    yeezevee

Reply #22 - July 28, 2014, 05:34 PM

To think I was considering, trying to be more optimistic about the human condition.Angry

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #23 - July 28, 2014, 05:41 PM

Exactly, particularly when you will hear Christians in this country talking about Christians being persecuted simply because their religion is mocked.

Over there, too? For some reason, I thought that complaint was pretty much an American phenomenon. It's not a rare day that I hear someone over here say that there's "a war on Christianity."   banghead
     Reply #24 - July 28, 2014, 05:52 PM

Hey, they're only innocent Ahmadi noncombatants. Who cares? It would only be important if they were Palestinian, and if they were killed by Israelis.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #25 - July 28, 2014, 05:56 PM

First of all I wish to apologise to members of my previous post. I had a real bad time after I left ahmadiyya, it was no excuse for my post, I do feel sorry and condolences go to the families. Having said that I equally feel sorry for others and work hard for awareness for persecuted people regardless of religion or other lifestyle.

Yes I have learnt a lot and it has opened my eyes, I no longer belong to a religion but yes I still believe in God. I am not the one that was cold, it was the Ahmadi community that banned my family seeing me and also my divorce. I have no regrets of leaving that something that was false. Peace.
     Reply #26 - July 28, 2014, 06:01 PM

However, lua, your point about a superiortiy complex is spot on. Christianity has an embedded superiority complex: 'I am the Truth, I am the Way'. That some Christians do not demonstrate this arrogance does not mean it is not deeply embedded within the faith itself.

All religions have that.

(well ok, there may be rare exceptions, but generally...)

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #27 - July 28, 2014, 06:14 PM

First of all I wish to apologise to members of my previous post. I had a real bad time after I left ahmadiyya, it was no excuse for my post, I do feel sorry and condolences go to the families. Having said that I equally feel sorry for others and work hard for awareness for persecuted people regardless of religion or other lifestyle..

Fair enough. I'm glad that you've found peace. Hope you're children are doing well too.  Afro

Reply #28 - July 28, 2014, 06:20 PM

First of all I wish to apologise to members of my previous post. I had a real bad time after I left ahmadiyya, it was no excuse for my post, I do feel sorry and condolences go to the families. Having said that I equally feel sorry for others and work hard for awareness for persecuted people regardless of religion or other lifestyle.

We can agree on this. I feel sorry for victims, period.

Thank you for your follow-up post. Like Jedi, I'm glad you're in a better situation now.
     Reply #29 - July 28, 2014, 06:29 PM

That is very nice of you Helena22., very few people are brave enough to realize their own mistakes..  
    Yes I have learnt a lot and it has opened my eyes, I no longer belong to a religion but yes I still believe in God. I am not the one that was cold, [u][i]it was the Ahmadi community that banned my family seeing me and also my divorce. I have no regrets of leaving that something that was false. Peace.[/i][/u]

I am sorry Mr. Helena22 but life goes on.. I am sure you can and will  find love/life partner again.. You are such a great guy.. common cheer up..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »