Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Star Wars / Islam (split from drive by dawah thread)

(Read 8469 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Islam empowered me! women/ slavery/ concubines
     Reply #30 - July 27, 2014, 10:37 PM

I don't get what is so great about star wars, i mean the newer versions especially, it could be good but isnt, i'd rather watch battle star galactica lol
     Reply #31 - July 27, 2014, 10:41 PM

I'd much rather be a Sith Lord. Don't kill me jedi!

What is thy bidding, my master?
    I thought I was the only one !

Come, let us rule the galaxy together!

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #32 - July 27, 2014, 10:45 PM

I don't get what is so great about star wars, i mean the newer versions especially, it could be good but isnt, i'd rather watch battle star galactica lol

Yeah I agree. Star Wars is ok for a bit of light entertainment, but I never understood why people go nuts about it. Or Star Trek, for that matter.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #33 - July 27, 2014, 10:49 PM

Masturbating over star wars is also quite difficult.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #34 - July 27, 2014, 10:50 PM

Yeah I agree. Star Wars is ok for a bit of light entertainment, but I never understood why people go nuts about it. Or Star Trek, for that matter.

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #35 - July 27, 2014, 10:52 PM

Masturbating over star wars is also quite difficult.

not that hard really

هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #36 - July 27, 2014, 10:53 PM

Still hard.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #37 - July 27, 2014, 10:53 PM

keep it on topic here please

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #38 - July 27, 2014, 10:55 PM

Sorry, got as agitated as a muslim being told that Mo was a pedophile.

I'll stop =]

هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #39 - July 27, 2014, 11:43 PM

I love this bit:

6. Master Your Lightsaber

A Jedi’s primary weapon is his/her lightsaber. A lightsaber is a beam of energy controlled by the Jedi’s mastery of the force. A Jedi can use his lightsaber to fend off attacks and slice through obstacles and fight against enemies.

Hmmm. Sounds a lot like the Salaah doesn’t it?

finmad No you moron, a lightsaber is NOTHING like salaah.  finmad

(Clicky for piccy!)

I still love that kid. I will never grow tired of his obvious dedication and enthusiasm.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #40 - July 27, 2014, 11:46 PM

Luckily I like both. But the original SW and the new BG. I cannot help it. Oh wait. Y'all knew I liked BG. Oops. Edited now that I found the on topic reminder. I will, I hope to, be on topic.

Reply #41 - July 28, 2014, 10:10 AM

The discussion has gotten rather stagnant, and her arguments are too fallacious to answer, and she's made it clear she has no interest in replying. I'm not too big on SW but the discussion does seem interesting, can we get the last chunk moved to a new thread perhaps?

أشهد أن لا إله
  • Star Wars / Islam (split from drive by dawah thread)
     Reply #42 - July 29, 2014, 03:35 PM

هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #43 - July 29, 2014, 06:29 PM

I like the original SW. Thought the new "prequels" were rubbish but I like some of the new characters such as Aayla Secura (if I could be any species I wanted, it would be twi'lek.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #44 - July 29, 2014, 06:35 PM

Empire Strikes Back is the best movie, the ending of it is brilliant

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #45 - July 29, 2014, 06:37 PM

I love Star Wars A New Hope as it's a self contained film.

TESB has the ebst opening battle scene and, perhaps, the greatest ending of all time (prior to Lando and Chewie saving Luke from Bespin that is).

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #46 - July 30, 2014, 01:59 AM

I read this comic. Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #47 - May 12, 2015, 09:19 PM

Posted without comment.
     Reply #48 - May 13, 2015, 05:32 AM

Star Trek is not about aliens it is about confronting human moral dilemmas by externalizing them and allowing them to be faced by human emotions (personified by Kirk/Troi) and pure logic (personified by Spock/Data) and overcoming or finding peace with them (Picard/Sisko). It's about facing our internal struggles and is about finding a better way, both for society and for ourselves.  finmad

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #49 - May 13, 2015, 06:08 AM

Cheesy

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #50 - May 13, 2015, 06:40 AM

Star Trek is not about aliens it is about confronting human moral dilemmas by externalizing them and allowing them to be faced by human emotions (personified by Kirk/Troi) and pure logic (personified by Spock/Data) and overcoming or finding peace with them (Picard/Sisko). It's about facing our internal struggles and is about finding a better way, both for society and for ourselves.  finmad

I thought it was all about a bromance lol
     Reply #51 - May 13, 2015, 06:47 AM

I thought it was all about a bromance lol

Yes exactly that's one of the issues it explored, relationships between people who society didn't think should be together. Star Trek had the first televised interracial kiss (Kirk/Uhura) and the fifth lesbian kiss (Jadzia Dax/Lenara Khan, both Trill; although it very nearly had one earlier four years earlier than that, between Dr. Crusher and Kareel Oden--also Trill).

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #52 - May 14, 2015, 02:13 AM

Thank you, galfromusa. You have just convinced me to add Star Trek to the children's playlist. I will be going with the Next Generation, solely for the sake of Data.
    They have Star Wars down pat, now, though being my children, they do have to watch it at regular intervals.

Reply #53 - May 14, 2015, 04:01 AM

Star Trek was created by an atheist in America in the middle of the 20th century. It was revolutionary for it's time. At a party, the actress who played Uhura told Martin Luther King she was thinking of quitting the show. He encouraged her to stay, saying it was the only show he allowed his children to watch and that it shows how things should be.

The Next Generation was built, as a show, in a formula of questioning philosophy. They used fiction to ask and explore questions. What is freedom? What is religion? Do the ends justify the means? What is life? What is conciousness? From planets with inhabitants that are basically gods offering eternal happiness in exchange for personal liberty, to machines fighting for the legal right to be classed as alive, to asking if the death of 100 justify saving 1000, to using religion to control, it explores all these things. Best yet, it does it in a way even Hamza Tortoise, slow as he is, can grasp it.

Star Trek utilises the ancient tradition of using fiction to explore fundamental truths and questions, and offers it's thoughts on the answers.

Seriously, some of Picard's speeches should be taught in philosophy and ethics classes.

Reply #54 - May 14, 2015, 06:17 AM

I like Star Trek faaaaaaar more than Star Wars just for the reasons mentioned above

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #55 - May 14, 2015, 06:43 AM

Star Trek was created by an atheist in America in the middle of the 20th century. It was revolutionary for it's time. At a party, the actress who played Uhura told Martin Luther King she was thinking of quitting the show. He encouraged her to stay, saying it was the only show he allowed his children to watch and that it shows how things should be.

The Next Generation was built, as a show, in a formula of questioning philosophy. They used fiction to ask and explore questions. What is freedom? What is religion? Do the ends justify the means? What is life? What is conciousness? From planets with inhabitants that are basically gods offering eternal happiness in exchange for personal liberty, to machines fighting for the legal right to be classed as alive, to asking if the death of 100 justify saving 1000, to using religion to control, it explores all these things. Best yet, it does it in a way even Hamza Tortoise, slow as he is, can grasp it.

Star Trek utilises the ancient tradition of using fiction to explore fundamental truths and questions, and offers it's thoughts on the answers.

Seriously, some of Picard's speeches should be taught in philosophy and ethics classes.

And it went to shit after the Roddenberrys died. Voyager and Enterprise and the latest movies are all just action movies set in space without the moral angst, and that's why they're good TV, but not good Star Trek. Star Trek was never supposed to be about explosions and making cool stuff for people to cosplay as. Star Wars was about selling toys, sure, but Star Trek was about making you uncomfortable, making you face your inner demons.

Reply #56 - May 14, 2015, 06:54 AM

You wouldn't guess it from my above explanation of the appeal, but I'm actually not a trekkie. Haven't watched a single episode in more than a decade. Cheesy

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »