Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Eid Tomorrow

(Read 9985 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #30 - July 28, 2014, 11:25 AM

Lol, i was thinking of going today to the curry mile but can't be bothered, besides i will bump into all my ex's family and friends and god forbid they see me without hijab lol still i love festivals of all sorts, but nevermind my sis booked me a place at the gay pride festival coming soon suppose that will have to replace eid ul fitra this year lol
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #31 - July 28, 2014, 11:59 AM

Oh my god. What a fucking horrible Eid this has turned out to be.

We are going to my grandma later on, but it seems that this year, we are the only ones who will go to my grandma. Except one uncle, which has a daughter that is extremely religious. I so don't feel like hanging around with her all night. Imagine the cringeworthy conversations.

Now the wining and talking shit about my brother and his wife at home has intensified. My father even started crying. Everyday it's the same thing, over and over again.

I'd rather pretend-fast some more days, than deal with this shit.

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #32 - July 28, 2014, 12:51 PM

Happy eid and eid mubark!!!!!! dance

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #33 - July 28, 2014, 12:54 PM

Lol, i was thinking of going today to the curry mile but can't be bothered, besides i will bump into all my ex's family and friends and god forbid they see me without hijab lol still i love festivals of all sorts, but nevermind my sis booked me a place at the gay pride festival coming soon suppose that will have to replace eid ul fitra this year lol

Wear a very low cut top and have your hair done up - in fact dye it brown and wear some coloured contact lenses.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #34 - July 28, 2014, 12:55 PM

now need to hug some random people I never have met or will meet again.

Don't knock the hugging - I love the hugging.

hugs
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #35 - July 28, 2014, 12:55 PM

Happy Eid, CEMB !  dance
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #36 - July 28, 2014, 01:00 PM

I just came back from the prayer.
    I really hate this day.
    I was forced to go but I didn't want to see all those fake people smiling at you and putting in every word allah.
    I really don't like the muslim community in my hometown.
    However everybody look so stupid and hypocrite to me. Hugging you, kissing you, giving you free blessings even without knowing you. Faka fake fake.

I was like thinking "Why am I the only one who doesn't believe?" "How can they still believe at those thing?"

But I guess I'm the only one who has a hard time on this day XD
    However Eid Mubarak to all of you guys ^^

Every Morning We Are Born Again.
    What We Do Today Is What Matters Most.
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #37 - July 28, 2014, 01:07 PM

^ No, I just saw that trustworthy had a rough day, too...  far away hug to both of you!
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #38 - July 28, 2014, 01:20 PM

I just came back from the prayer.
    I really hate this day.
    I was forced to go but I didn't want to see all those fake people smiling at you and putting in every word allah.
    I really don't like the muslim community in my hometown.
    However everybody look so stupid and hypocrite to me. Hugging you, kissing you, giving you free blessings even without knowing you. Faka fake fake.

I was like thinking "Why am I the only one who doesn't believe?" "How can they still believe at those thing?"

But I guess I'm the only one who has a hard time on this day XD
    However Eid Mubarak to all of you guys ^^

I feel ya, sister! Horrible day over here, too. I feel like stuffing my face with cake and icecream, but I try to eat healthy!

Thanks, lua. I'm on some kind of emotional rollercoaster these days. And I'm not even PMS'ing anymore!  finmad

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #39 - July 28, 2014, 05:26 PM

Hmm... I actually like Eid.
    For us Iraqis we'd make flaky, sugary pastries and solid milk creams for breakfast. We don't skip out on that shit.

Eid is probably the only time my family semi-functions and it's one of the four occasions I give my brother a kiss (two Eids, my birthday and his birthday).

I get calls from relatives (standard), money, have people visit (the only time I tolerate it or enjoy it).

We also go to the mosque and eat obviously.

Idk. I like Eid.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #40 - July 28, 2014, 05:38 PM

Hmm... I actually like Eid.
    For us Iraqis ...................

Idk. I like Eid.

Nah you don't like Eid., you like the foood in Eid  Wiselyskeptical ., Now tell me the story of ORIGINS OF Eid.. please...

Any one and every one .. tell me the stories of Eidh., Hell with Eidh..

Eat.. eat away..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #41 - July 28, 2014, 05:44 PM

We're Shia and my father refuses to just go by what the rest of the world says and therefore we have to fast an extra day. My family is lurking about everywhere and I can't get food.

So yeezy I can't Eat.. Eat away..

Also I am not a fatty. I don't just arrive for food. I came for the money too cool2.

• Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #42 - July 28, 2014, 05:50 PM

I hate you.

Now I'm going to eat the kebabs I was saving for you.

Just, kidding lol... I didn't save you any.  grin12
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #43 - July 28, 2014, 05:54 PM

Knew it.

• Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #44 - July 28, 2014, 06:33 PM

I've just had my 12th or 13th somosa.   wacko

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #45 - July 28, 2014, 06:43 PM

Ouch. I only like the cheese filled kind.

• Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #46 - July 28, 2014, 06:53 PM

Ugh! The curry mile. It's such a mess at Eid. Whenever I would go there with my Bengali hubbie we would get so many stares from the Asians as they couldn't believe that a tall white girl could ever hook up with a small, dark complexioned Bengali.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #47 - July 28, 2014, 07:02 PM

Ugh! The curry mile. It's such a mess at Eid. Whenever I would go there with my Bengali hubbie we would get so many stares from the Asians as they couldn't believe that a tall white girl could ever hook up with a small, dark complexioned Bengali.

A white girl out in public with a brown guy on such an auspicious dya is bound to raise eyebrows regardless. They were probably burning with jealousy inside. Plus, we Pak/Brits can tell some Bengalis off a mile away given the complexion and features.

• Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #48 - July 28, 2014, 08:01 PM

Hey yeah i was at the curry mile a few days ago having shisha and coffee, there were a few bengali/pakistani rich guys with beautiful, tall blondes on their arms and yep everyone was staring lol 
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #49 - July 29, 2014, 01:01 AM

I just had Iftar. I am done with Ramadan, I am done baby wohooo!

*Eid primping begins*

I just officially faked an entire Ramadan what now!!!!

• Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #50 - July 29, 2014, 01:55 AM

Happy Eid!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #51 - July 29, 2014, 02:34 AM

I just had Iftar. I am done with Ramadan, I am done baby wohooo!

*Eid primping begins*

I just officially faked an entire Ramadan what now!!!!

Lol  eat with calm. Happy Eid Mubarak!  Tongue
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #52 - July 29, 2014, 03:12 AM

I have the biggest craving for a nice pork pie.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #53 - July 29, 2014, 09:14 AM

Me too. yes

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #54 - July 29, 2014, 11:02 AM

Eid Mubarak peeps dance 
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #55 - July 29, 2014, 11:03 AM

You too!

• Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #56 - July 29, 2014, 03:39 PM

Happy Eid everyone,  Smiley
    Just curious is anyone doing or expected to do(via peer pressure or otherwise) the 6 extra days for additional bonus points in the 'hereafter'?
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #57 - July 29, 2014, 04:14 PM

Happy Eid everyone,  Smiley
    Just curious is anyone doing or expected to do(via peer pressure or otherwise) the 6 extra days for additional bonus points in the 'hereafter'?

Hell no. I've made it very clear to my family that I'm not willing to do(fake) anything besides ramadan sohoor and the 5 prayers of the day. They keep trying to talk me into other things but I just ignore them.

أشهد أن لا إله
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #58 - July 29, 2014, 10:28 PM

Okay, got it, (Ramadan & 5 prayers daily) sounds to me like you've got enough on your plate already. It's just I know a few who are, I don't get it, isn't 1 month of fasting torcher enough? Weird though, it seems some genuinely find it addictive.
  • Eid Tomorrow
     Reply #59 - July 29, 2014, 10:33 PM

Yes, I loved it. I am one of those who got high from it. I couldn't do suhoor, though. It made me sick. I had to eat very carefully, very healthy, or I could barely get through the day.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »