Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Shaitan is an anti hero!

(Read 1789 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Shaitan is an anti hero!
     OP - July 26, 2014, 12:44 AM

To me Shaitan represents freedom and the pursuit of happiness, he is a rebel against the tyranny of a narcissistic dictator. When Iblis disobeyed against Allah, he was merely demonstrating his opinion and freewill, which Allah gave him. And what does Allah do; he chucks him in hell to burn until the day of judgement. This is the act of a dictator.

Shaitan whispers into the ears of men and women leading them astray, although this may be for revenge he still preaches freedom and free will, which Allah clearly does not.

I like to think this character understands that Allah's rules are ridiculous and have no logical basis other than he is a dick.

So what do you guys think.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #1 - July 26, 2014, 12:57 AM

All hail Satan!  bunny

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
     Reply #2 - July 26, 2014, 01:01 AM

Ameen.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #3 - July 26, 2014, 01:06 AM

To me Shaitan represents freedom and the pursuit of happiness, he is a rebel against the tyranny of a narcissistic dictator. When Iblis disobeyed against Allah, he was merely demonstrating his opinion and freewill, which Allah gave him. And what does Allah do; he chucks him in hell to burn until the day of judgement. This is the act of a dictator.

Shaitan whispers into the ears of men and women leading them astray, although this may be for revenge he still preaches freedom and free will, which Allah clearly does not.

I like to think this character understands that Allah's rules are ridiculous and have no logical basis other than he is a dick.

Yazidi? Are you Yezdi?

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #4 - July 26, 2014, 01:34 AM

No, just an atheist.

Reply #5 - July 26, 2014, 01:36 AM

Well, I think you are describing a religion. That one and the Church of Satan.

Reply #6 - July 26, 2014, 01:38 AM

I'm just looking at this somewhat objectively.

Reply #7 - July 26, 2014, 01:46 AM

To the original question, you're actually not the first to think this. There have been people before who argue that Satan is a champion of humanity, or an anti-hero, or some such. Anton LaVey actually built a philosophy around the idea that Satan represents human nature. In my thread Thought Provoking Works of Life and Morality I added two posts about Satan, one of which was Satan describing the birth of time and the universe and watching the evolution of man taken from Memnoch the Devil which you can view here and the other on Satan's tenth Letter from the Story of Creation which you can view here.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #8 - July 26, 2014, 01:50 AM

Ah yes, LaVey. I remember a guy who used to talk to his daughter in the barracks on a weekly basis. Those Church of Satan guys. Always on the phone.

Reply #9 - July 26, 2014, 02:07 AM

To the original question, you're actually not the first to think this. There have been people before who argue that Satan is a champion of humanity, or an anti-hero, or some such. Anton LaVey actually built a philosophy around the idea that Satan represents human nature. In my thread Thought Provoking Works of Life and Morality I added two posts about Satan, one of which was Satan describing the birth of time and the universe and watching the evolution of man taken from Memnoch the Devil which you can view here and the other on Satan's tenth Letter from the Story of Creation which you can view here.

Very interesting.  Smiley

Reply #10 - July 26, 2014, 02:18 AM

Just letting you know, if you scroll down after clicking the first link you'll see the actual work. I know I went on a bit when I wrote a description and why I added it. Grin

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #11 - July 26, 2014, 04:24 AM

Hash Brown, I hold the exact same opinion as you. Of all the characters in Islamic mythology, Iblis is one I admire for his refusal to bow down to Adam. I am not an ungrateful person by any stretch, but I also don't believe in acts of submission, and I do not like the idea of prostrating in front of anybody. Something about it is insulting. It shows that Iblis is not a coward, that he is willing to stand up for himself (literally!).

This is one of the reasons Milton's Paradise Lost is one of my favorite pieces of literature--it examines the character of Satan from a more human perspective. And while Milton's Satan is a far more vengeful and angry person than I would ever want to be, I still respect his assertiveness, independence, and principles.

"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."
     Reply #12 - July 26, 2014, 06:51 AM

"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."

Amen brotha

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #13 - July 26, 2014, 08:52 AM

I've been very interested in this topic too in the past.  To me the concept of Satan, devil or satanism represents the freedom to express our human desires in the absence of "morality" or theistic morality, it's about power, selfishness, egoism, we are all hardwired with these traits, wasn't satanism inspired by darwins theory that only the strongest survive  ?     
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »