Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Night of laila tul qadar

(Read 6538 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Night of laila tul qadar
     Reply #30 - July 25, 2014, 01:35 AM

looool
     Reply #31 - July 25, 2014, 01:37 AM

I've never done it. Like how can you go that long I mean one prayer is boring enough.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #32 - July 25, 2014, 02:13 AM

lol true say I wouldn't do laylatul qadr even if god put paradise in my bedroom hahahaha
     Reply #33 - July 25, 2014, 02:35 AM

I've never done it. Like how can you go that long I mean one prayer is boring enough.

I think some people round here take qat to get through the night with it.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #34 - July 25, 2014, 02:36 AM

I'd have to be under some sort of sedative to do that type of shit.
    And free food too.

Reply #35 - July 25, 2014, 02:44 AM

Actually, I think qat is a stimulant. I don't know if those suppress or increase appetite. I suspect suppress. Maybe someone will correct me.

Reply #36 - July 25, 2014, 02:46 AM

Got to give credit to the people who stay up all night doing all this zikr and prayer. Even before I started doubting, I could never do it.
     Reply #37 - July 25, 2014, 02:47 AM

Yup stimulant and appetite represent.

Nah nah I need to dumb myself down to deal with that type of stuff, not excite.

Reply #38 - July 25, 2014, 02:53 AM

I think the stimulant gives an obsessive focus, as well as preventing fatigue. The meth term is ¨ẗweaking¨.

Reply #39 - July 25, 2014, 02:54 AM

Those people who're crying and rocking their head from north to south  Roll Eyes

Reply #40 - July 25, 2014, 02:57 AM

Um, I think that is crack. I am not sure. I passed the class, to pass the class!

Reply #41 - July 25, 2014, 03:04 AM

Or their drug of choice "Iman".

Reply #42 - July 25, 2014, 03:14 AM

According to hadith and tafseers, the Qur'an was revealed in its entirety on Laylatul-Qadr from the highest heaven or Lawh al-Mahfuth (Preserved tablet) to the samaa' a-Dunya  (Lower Heaven) where it was then given piecemeal to Muhammad by Gabriel over 23 years.

This is interesting, I always thought it was revealed as in the firs ayat revealed

You would think Allah would have been able to fortell alot of what was going to happen in the quraan instead of changing his rules so many times

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #43 - July 25, 2014, 06:23 AM

I am wondering about the references to Mr Parker.

Is the koran a collection of fairy stories with added thou shalt nots as flavouring?

Are Scherezade and Ali Baba better comparisons?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #44 - July 25, 2014, 06:24 AM

It were a dark and stormy night and the captain said to the bosun, "Tell us a tale"

It were a dark and stormy night and the captain....

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

Reply #45 - July 25, 2014, 06:26 AM

Which way round is it?

Storytellers invented dramatic moments or they told what happened as it happened.

A.A. Milne,

Reply #46 - July 25, 2014, 06:30 AM

Is the koran a collection of fairy stories

Yup.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #47 - July 25, 2014, 06:31 AM

And a poor scriptwriter with loads of plot holes, worse than Star Trek?

Or many scriptwriters?

A.A. Milne,

Reply #48 - July 25, 2014, 06:35 AM

Seriously, let's look at the tales. There's a poison apple in Snow White (fairy tale), there's one in the Garden of Eden (religion). A talking snake (religion), a talking wolf (fairy tale). A man who built an arc who lived for close to a thousand years (religion), a Sleeping Beauty locked in a tower who slept for a hundred years (fairy tale). Fire spirits (religion), water spirits (fairy tale), other plains of existence (both religion and fairy tale), immortality (both again), magical powers (both again), and on and on it goes.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #49 - July 25, 2014, 06:43 AM

Religion as fairy tales for adults?

A.A. Milne,

Reply #50 - July 25, 2014, 06:53 AM

Religion as fairy tales for fuckwits and sheep.

"Question with boldness even the existence of God...because...if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear"...Thomas Jefferson
     Reply #51 - July 25, 2014, 06:55 AM

I bet all the ppl who were 'praying all nite' have rang in sick today. Ohh wait, none of them probably dont work.

"Question with boldness even the existence of God...because...if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear"...Thomas Jefferson
     Reply #52 - July 25, 2014, 07:00 AM

Jedi. Hushhhhh its ramadhan, its haraam to private message. Lol. Just wait when ramadhans over then back to normal (thats another thread in itself) ahh well one advantage of today cud b that i get to chill at work. Working 9 till 6.30 in a doc surgery which is 80 percent muslim/pakistani patients so hopefully for me the twats will hav been up all nite n sleep all day till 6.30 n by that time the surgery will have closed. Muahaahaha (evil laugh) haha. Hope u all have a beautiful day x

Reply #53 - July 25, 2014, 07:04 AM

Religion as fairy tales for adults?

Well they do say god is Santa Claus for adults.

Reply #54 - July 25, 2014, 07:28 AM

Jedi. Hushhhhh its ramadhan, its haraam to private message. Lol. Just wait when ramadhans over then back to normal (thats another thread in itself) ahh well one advantage of today cud b that i get to chill at work. Working 9 till 6.30 in a doc surgery which is 80 percent muslim/pakistani patients so hopefully for me the twats will hav been up all nite n sleep all day till 6.30 n by that time the surgery will have closed. Muahaahaha (evil laugh) haha. Hope u all have a beautiful day x

Lol your post is hilarious, are you a GP by any chance ?  if u are then that makes it extra hilarious, now don't go handing out lethal injections to those "twat" people lol
     Reply #55 - July 25, 2014, 08:25 AM

For many LuQ  I suppose is considered a blessing. They are there with friends and family therefore there's a communal element to it, add to that the exercise and stretching of limbs, the meditative sound of the Qur'an and, how could I forget to mention, the free food.

As a practising Muslim I looked forward to this particular night. And if it gives people a sense of positivity and achievement then good for them. You may say there are better ways to achieve this other than spending a night in prayer, well, there are lots of things you may consider to be better than x, y and z but it's the individuals own choice.

Ask people why they participate and, despite the grogginess, they may tell you they enjoyed the experience.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #56 - July 25, 2014, 08:30 AM

Ah, undercover murtad huh? Why wait until ramadhan is over..come ride the unicorn and set yourself free.

Mashallah, beti GP surgery mein qam karti hai aur logo qo galiyan deti hain. Batmeez.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #57 - July 25, 2014, 03:01 PM

I think on the last night of Ramadan I'll make a thread called "Things I Can Do Now That Haramadan Is Over".

Reply #58 - July 25, 2014, 03:19 PM

I think on the last night of Ramadan I'll make a thread called "Things I Can Do Now That Haramadan Is Over".

Can one of them be "Eat cereal  in the morning"  Cry

I miss it so much...

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #59 - July 25, 2014, 03:26 PM

yes you got it

• Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »