Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Headscarves?

(Read 3889 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Headscarves?
     OP - July 24, 2014, 05:30 PM

I never understood why most Muslim women always cover their hair. Huh? Apparently it is to hide their beauty, but I've rarely looked at a girl and thought "Damn! that is some nice hair, I just wanna fucking brush it!" So please tell me why do women cover their hair when they are outside of their Mosque. Perhaps I'm just being shallow.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #1 - July 24, 2014, 05:49 PM

If anything it just has created a new purity fetish. Hard-ons for scarves.
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #2 - July 24, 2014, 05:54 PM

I believe in the time of mohamed the woman off respectable families and upperclasses covered their hair while the slaves remained bare

So it is more of a culture of the time then anything else

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #3 - July 24, 2014, 06:01 PM

So it's essentially another trend some women are pressured into that has nothing to do with Islam.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #4 - July 24, 2014, 06:02 PM

well no, its a part of islam, but if you look at the history of how islam began it was influenced by the arab culture

To me Islam is just a culture of another time

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

• Headscarves?
     Reply #5 - July 24, 2014, 06:09 PM

I understand. I guess Mo didn't expect his religion to last this long.

• Headscarves?
     Reply #6 - July 24, 2014, 06:13 PM

Probably not

• Headscarves?
     Reply #7 - July 24, 2014, 08:34 PM

From what I know it's not covering your hair but all of your body.
    It's to protect women from the eyes of men. Because for Islam men are like animals that can't resist the temptation of raping every girl they see.
    I'm just kidding obviously but I think it's like this. Everybody told me that you have to dress in a modest way and wear hijab to protect yourself. I think nowadays hijab is just a symbol of Islam because nobody wear it as the sunnah and the quran says.

I hope I answered your question ^^

Every Morning We Are Born Again.
    What We Do Today Is What Matters Most.
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #8 - July 24, 2014, 08:38 PM

Thank you.  Smiley

• Headscarves?
     Reply #9 - July 24, 2014, 09:13 PM

As arielTi said; the purpose of hijab is to "protect" Muslim women from stares and harassment from men.  Most Muslims believe that a woman should only show her hands and face in public. In some places like Saudi Arabia even their hands and faces will be covered.

The belief in Islam is that men have insatiable sexual appetites which they cannot control so the onus is on the women to cover up and hide their beauty whilst in public. In Arab/Muslim culture the hair is a sign of beauty therefore it must also be covered in public.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #10 - July 24, 2014, 09:15 PM

I wore the stupid thing for, like 3 years or so. I came to hate it, especially when dining out at a restaurant as the damn thing kept shifting around whilst I was eating.  Tongue

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #11 - July 24, 2014, 09:53 PM

But then if it is modesty they require why not go all the way and become a post box like the women in Saudi Arabia Surely your face, hands
    and figure is also a sign of beauty, so hiding them will bring true modesty, only covering up that one  aspect sort of defeats the purpose, if men are these crazy sex beasts.

I apologise if I'm coming across a bit aggressive, and I already knew why women cover their bodies and face, however it seems illogical to just cover one aspect of beauty if it is to protect women and stop men who would most immediately focus on something else like face or hands.

• Headscarves?
     Reply #12 - July 24, 2014, 09:58 PM

I think confusedagno's explanation of the Arab culture of status representation is probably most likely correct.

• Headscarves?
     Reply #13 - July 24, 2014, 10:03 PM

however it seems illogical to just cover one aspect of beauty if it is to protect women and stop men who would most immediately focus on something else like face or hands.

This happens.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #14 - July 24, 2014, 10:14 PM

True. mysmilie_977

• Headscarves?
     Reply #15 - July 25, 2014, 12:34 AM

well there is not correlation between men's lust and a woman's beauty, because women in saudi arabia are still raped and harrassed like every day... as if men dont know there is a woman with boobies and a vagina under the whole cover, or at least something they can fuck XD

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #16 - July 25, 2014, 01:08 AM

Boobies. 001_wub

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #17 - July 25, 2014, 01:10 AM

i love boobies too <3 big boobies <3 double d boobies <3 i wish i had double d boobies :(

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #18 - July 25, 2014, 01:12 AM

Just picked up from salafi forum

Anas reported: 'Umar once saw a slave-girl that belonged to us (to Anas) wearing a scarf, so Umar hit her and told her: 'Don't assume the manners of free woman.''
    Musnaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Volume 2 page 41 Tradition 6236

Imam Ibn Hajar in 'al-Deraya' Volume 1 page 124 and Al-Albani the Salafi in 'Irwa al-Ghalil' Volume 6 page 203 have graded this hadith as 'Sahih'.

And Shia sources
    This report is declared “Sahih” by the Grand Ayatullah al-Sayyid Muhammad Sadiq al-Ruhani in Fiqh al-Sadiq [4:228]
     In fact, it is narrated in Qadi Nu`man al-Maghribi’s Da`a’im al-Islam [1:177] and al-Nuri’s Mustadrak al-Wasa’il [3:217] that Ja`far al-Sadiq was asked about the permissibility for a slave girl to cover her head during prayers and he replied:

No, When my father, `alayh as-salam, saw a slave girl praying and she had a scarf on her, he hit her! And he said: ‘You rascal! Do not resemble the free ones!’”

Rascal? What does that remind you of?
  • Headscarves?
     Reply #19 - July 25, 2014, 01:17 AM

Baboons of islam. Mock them and move on.

• Headscarves?
     Reply #20 - July 25, 2014, 01:38 AM

And the depraved

Nafe'e narrated that whenever Ibn Umar wanted to buy a slave-girl, he would inspect her by analysing her legs and placing his hands between her breasts and on her buttocks"
    Sunnan Al-Kubra, Volume 5 page 329

Imam Al-Baani al-Wahabi termed the tradition as 'Sahih' in his book "Mukhtasir Irwa Al-Ghalil Fi Takhrij Ahadith Manar Al-Sabil" Volume 1 page 355 Hadith number 1792.

I think it means Albaani classified it as Sahih, and you can google the tortured salafi response

Essentially slave-women and girls were forbidden to cover with scarf....also the 'scholars' agreed that the awrah of slavegirl was between navel and knees...and during the sahabas time it apparently happened.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »