Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Islam empowered me! women/ slavery/ concubines

(Read 21935 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Islam empowered me! women/ slavery/ concubines
     Reply #30 - July 24, 2014, 10:16 PM

Your post has further cemented my apostasy from Islam.

Cheesy  Afro  Cheesy  Afro  Cheesy  Afro  Cheesy  Afro  Cheesy

I wish we had more the likes of muslim_yay, Bigmo and muslim_atheist.

They make CEMB worth living.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Re: Islam empowered me! women/ slavery/ concubines
     Reply #31 - July 24, 2014, 10:59 PM

Simply responding to a few particular points:

It is when a baby arrives that even atheists whether you like it or not revert to traditional gender norms. Man being the provider and protector whereas a woman prepares for delivery, has a child, primarily nurtures and breast feeds the child. Yes, even Kim Kardashian took extended leave from the spotlight to be a mum o_O.

It seems from your writing that you have had limited and narrow experience. Are there a lot of women, atheist or otherwise, who stay at home with their child while their husband/boyfriend continues to work? Of course there are--this has traditionally been the norm. But are there also a lot of women, atheist or otherwise, who return to work shortly after the birth of their child? Absolutely. This has become incredibly common. Moreover, we're in the midst of a shift in modern society in which we are beginning to see a lot more stay-at-home dads--men who stay at home with the child while the woman works.

It's also interesting that you mention the woman preparing for delivery, having the child, and breastfeeding it, as if that is indicative of anything other than the anatomical functions only women are capable of.  Obviously this is what the woman does. Last I checked, men can neither carry nor deliver nor breastfeed a child, unless I've missed some huge evolutionary development within the past week. Furthermore, Kim Kardashian is not some spokesperson for all women everywhere, or relevant to anything whatsoever.

I get to keep my money and as a ‘female’ get a share of the inheritance? Despite male relatives being accountable for the upkeep of women, I get wealth for myself too? I’ll still have a male relative who has been left inheritance using his share to provide for my clothes, food a roof over my head and I will get my own share of inheritance too.  It doesn’t get fairer than that.

It doesn't get fairer than that? Yes, actually, it does. For starters, how about you (a woman) receiving the same share of inheritance as male relatives, instead of half? How about instead of a male relative providing for your clothes, food, and shelter, you get to provide for your own clothes, food, and shelter? Are you incapable of doing these things yourself? Why does a man have to do it for you? That's not fairness, it's not noble, it's not cute, being taken care of by a man. It implies that you are not able to do it yourself, or that you do not deserve to do it yourself--in other words, it implies that you are inferior. That you need to be looked after. It's one thing for a person, man or woman, to like being looked after; that's nothing more than an individual personality trait. But to codify it in written law and say that all [insert gender here] must be looked after is sexist and implies inferiority, plain and simple.

I would be considered liberated if I had it all on show for the world to ogle, use celebrities as a bench mark to compare me against. But no, I am oppressed because I choose to cover myself and only want my husband to appreciate my feminine physique as oppose to everyone with eyes? I’m being selfish denying men the right to see me in all my glory. How selfish of me! Women are liberated hey?

There is a broad spectrum between "cover yourself up" and "let everybody see you in all your glory." You realize that there are clothing options besides "hijab" and "bikini," do you not? There are many ways to dress tastefully and without being revealing that do not involve standardized Islamic dress. And what about your husband? Why shouldn't he have to cover up, because he only wants you to appreciate his masculine physique and not everybody else? Why the double standard?
     Reply #32 - July 24, 2014, 11:28 PM

Prior to advent of Islam, it was the norm for families to bury their daughters as they saw them as a liability. Islam abhorred this practice and banned pagan Arabs from doing such an odious sin. Islam speaks of the blessings of raising daughters:

Myth. There are only within the Islamic narrative. There is no source outside Islam which substantiates this claim.

If you look at Islam you will see that Khadijah RA was a renowned business woman and Aisha RA is accountable for more hadiths on Islam than anyone else, a leading scholar for Muslims. She was more learned than most renowned scholars of today. These strong role models only affirm what the Quran says that education is compulsory on all mankind, yes that includes female. I’m sorry culture has dictated to you otherwise. I am educated and in a profession where I am blessed to continuously be learning. My academic pursuits have been encouraged by all the Muslims around me.
    Money – Islam gives me the right to keep my own money. Anything I earn is mine. I am not expected to give my money to my husband. He is not accountable for what I do with it. I can choose to spend on the house, others, myself, zakaat, bills, holidays etc it’s my prerogative as it was Khadija’s. Islam is prescriptive and has made expectations clear. I embrace it.  I have the ‘choice’ to do what I want with my money.

Khadijah was before Islam even started so non-sequitur. Also there are examples of women scholars in other cultures centuries before Islam. Hypatia for example. Roman law had already established rights for Women. The same system of laws you see in Islam. Property, money, etc. Sumerian law put men and women as equals with no "roles" or "duty" assigned to them as in Islam. Greek religion was once matriarchy with good virtues associated with women and vices associated with men. The Hesiod’s Theogony covers the transformation from a matriarchy concept to a patriarchal concept. Homer's epics also cover the role of women in Greek society. Did you know one of the reasons for the war with Troy was due to Helen's marriage to Paris which would grant him the right to the throne of Sparta. Menelaus' claim to the throne was through Helen not his own line or power-base. Clytemnestra, Agamemnon's wife, ruled his kingdom during the campaign in Troy. She married another man during his absences but never lost the throne. In fact the new couple murdered Agamemnon upon his return from the war yet continued to rule the kingdom. Again an example of the keys to power are firmly in the hands of women. During Odysseus’ absence, Penelope ruled his kingdom. Various suitors tried to her hand in marriage as he would gain the kingdom. There are women of Sparta covered by Plutarch. The law code of Gortyna on Crete granted the same rights which Islam has. I could go on if you wish, I have yet to cover classical Greece yet nor expanded upon Rome, Judaism, early Christianity, etc.

I have to note that many of the modern views of women's rights within history are based on more recent trends, that of 7th century Christianity and on, rather than factual history. You seem to take this view as fact, it is not.

It is when a baby arrives that even atheists whether you like it or not revert to traditional gender norms. Man being the provider and protector whereas a woman prepares for delivery, has a child, primarily nurtures and breast feeds the child. Yes, even Kim Kardashian took extended leave from the spotlight to be a mum o_O.  I am a professional and it is only  through work where I appreciated the freedom Islam had given me with regard to money. I work because I want to not because I have to. My money is mine to do what I want with it.  I am surrounded by women who avoid getting pregnant or have aborted the child primarily due to finances. As a colleague said to me, ‘I can’t afford to get pregnant as how will my partner manage the mortgage repayments without my salary...and even child care after that.’ My response was simple, ‘you should have lived within his means from the get go’.  I love knowing that if I get pregnant I will be looked after inshAllah.

Strawman, you are generalizing your belief as a fact for others without any idea of relationships of these people. My best friend and his wife switch this "role" every year and have for 5 years straight. He works a seasonal job so during later spring, summer and early fall he works. During late fall, winter and early spring she works and he stays home. My parent's both worked and my mother was by far the one with a better education and job than my father.

Since time immemorial, slavery was an accepted practice; thus it was not Islam that started this practice, but rather Islam was the first system to inculcate the freedom of slaves and take steps to make them equal citizens of society. Slavery was abolished in modern society only a couple of centuries ago, and was openly practiced in almost all parts of the civilized world even until the early 1900s. But Islam made it a virtue to free slaves, and inculcate them into society as equal citizens, almost 1500 years ago.

Slaves in Rome could own property. They could earn their own money even buy their own freedom. Slaves filled the roles of teachers, accountants, nurses, etc. Nothing different than Islam. A slave freed by a Roman citizen was granted the rights of the master. A roman citizen being the pinnacle social statue in Rome. This is above that of Italian city-state allies, of client kingdoms and of foreigners. As mentioned above you are taking a modern misconception of slavery propagated by TV, film and the American civil war. You confuse it with factual history.

Concubines:
    Genghis Khan is a prime example of a man who had no regard for prisoners of war where he promoted the massacre and rampant raping of millions.

Actually he had women advisers, councilors and promoted women's rights in his code of laws. Mongolian women rejected the practice of food binding in China as well as it's system of rights and law regarding women. Women ran the business end of the family as trade was not seen as a male role.

Regarding females being deficient in intelligence  
    NHS site is my source, a research conducted by University of Oxford and Cambridge researchers = all non Muslims.

Here is the part of your sourced article which refuted your position. It helps reading your own sources in order to assess if it supports your argument, which it does not.

The study was published in the peer-reviewed scientific journal  Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews and has been published on an open access basis so it is free to read online or download. The UK media’s reporting is arguably over-speculative. The research was looking at structural differences only – it didn’t explore how these differences impacted disease, behaviour or intelligence, although it put forward plausible theories. And the Daily Star’s claim that “It has been revealed that male and female brains are completely different” is simply incorrect. It is also probably simplistic to assume that there is a direct link between brain size and intelligence. It is thought that it is the complexity of the connections between individual brain cells that underpin cognitive ability and not the total amount of brain tissue

I would also consider your arguments more than I have if most of it wasn't copy/pasted from Islamic websites. It really shows you didn't do much research, you found an opinion which supports your views and used it to confirm said views. This is called confirmation bias.
     Reply #33 - July 24, 2014, 11:33 PM

Cheesy  Afro  Cheesy  Afro  Cheesy  Afro  Cheesy  Afro  Cheesy

I wish we had more the likes of muslim_yay, Bigmo and muslim_atheist.

I actually find the copy/pasted nonsense of most apologists tiresome. It's pretty naive of many to assume people here have never heard their pre-canned responses. Such arguments almost motivate me to make my own pre-canned responses. Although this would just involve throwing cans at each other rather than any discussion in the end.

Heads up beans incoming!

Reply #34 - July 24, 2014, 11:34 PM

Having taught about Genghis Khan I can tell you that you are wrong in that you have posited your statements in an absolute fashion therefore renedering it factually invalid.

Genghis Khan treated some if not most (throughout his lifetime) of his prisoners of war well. After taking over various towns and cities he treated the POWs kindly providing they worked for him/assimilated into his army. For example, he used Chinese engineers to create siege weapons and after the conquest of Beijing in 1215(?) he appointed some of them to high ranking roles.

Of course he was a savage and barbarian by modern accounts and even then if the Mongol, Chinese and Persian accounts are anything to go by. But he was a man of learning and taught his men to write, nay he commanded it, so that his legacy would be immortalised. He created a primitve legal system, encouraged the arts and medicine and post-Beijing conquest expanded much of the Mongol empire via trade. This all changed when the Persians returned the Mongol ambassador to him sans his head. Then the shit hit the fan and the blood flowed.

I have powerpoint if you want it.

I would like to read it if you do not mind.
     Reply #35 - July 24, 2014, 11:46 PM

I would need your email address, It was part of the Year 7 essay writing assessment 'To what extent could Genghis Khan be considered a great leader?'

It was fascinating and the kids ate it up though we did diverge from the National Curriculum. Interestingly, the new curriculum has a comparison between Medieval London and Baghdad in Term 4-5.

One aspect of Mongol myth is that Genghis sought out the elixir for life and returned depressed and empty handed also no-one knows where he is buried. The kids always love that one as all 'witnesses' were killed.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #36 - July 24, 2014, 11:53 PM

Welcome OP, sorry i forgot your name, well i hope you get to come back and read the replies..

I ventured into my old islamic town today, the place i converted,  just felt like it, sat in a restaurant with muslims, with shisha and delish food, not a drop of alcohol just a mango lassi lol,  it was great because most of the women didnt wear scarf and looked beautiful, if islam was this liberal all over the world then it would be enjoyable because the culture that surrounds it is good..

X
     Reply #37 - July 25, 2014, 02:02 AM

Gee, I can really relate to that ¨whether you like it or not.. traditional gender norms, etc¨ bit.
    When I had my last baby, my husband, as usual, insisted the baby and I leave the hospital immediately. Then we went home, where he dropped off myself and the baby and the other children.
    Then I put the baby's furniture together, because I got too big this time in the last months to reach over the boards and secure the joints with the hex key. I just could not reach, until the baby came out and gave me room to bend over my work.
    Whether I liked it or not, my husband was not going to do a damn bit of housework or cooking or childcare, and actually claimed he was not able to understand the furniture's instructions, handle the children, or make decent food. So he went out, you know, with his friends, because that is what you do when you have no responsibilities at all.
    Islam. I have never met a lazy Muslim woman. We would die, if we did not do the work. It's a great system to cure a woman of sloth. Thanks to Islam for cementing those gender roles, because I was always able to delay my healing after a delivery for an extra four to six weeks -due to hard work and lack of rest.

As for the rest of your post, well, that all depends on your mahram. If your mahram beats you to a bloody pulp, you are just plain screwed. If your mahram cares what happens to you, good. If your mahram holds views on your equality, you might end up with a choice in life. The Islamic system is not friendly to single women, all women have to have a wali or a mahram. I am happy to be rid of both and accountable to neither. They are life and death, happiness or hell. If the dependency doesn't choke the life out of you, the obedience might.
    Trying to get a divorce, while being female and horribly abused, does not work. Men have those rights, and they don't like to give up their punching bags. I took a family member to the imam, and there was no divorce for her, until we gave some baksheesh to the husband's family and HE initiated the divorce.
    I am happy you feel empowered. It's a rare thing for a woman, I hope you celebrate by swinging on the swings. Since women in Saudi cannot do that, anymore. Do it for them, be free for our sisters. I do.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #38 - July 25, 2014, 04:27 AM

^described my previous marriage..  we used to move home a lot and i would have to pick up and arrange all the heavy furniture myself while pregnant, meanwhile he was with his friends.. Flat pack furniture i did it myself too, he could never figure it out.  I did the entire housework and cooked every day for his friends who werent married yet and worked, he would remind me that in his country it is embarrassing for a man to enter the kitchen, plus he said he was allergic to irons and hoovers lol  : ) yeah yeah, excuses excuses..  next time i wanna marry a michelin star chef who's got a fetish for cleaning houses and ironing lol
     Reply #39 - July 25, 2014, 04:45 AM

From what you've said about him, if I were you and he tried to contact me I'd seriously think about ringing the police. I would want him far away from myself and my family.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #40 - July 25, 2014, 05:17 AM

^ he's not been here for over a decade, i dread the day he turns up, he sent my girls a bit of money for eid yesterday, for the first time everrr and he said to them now go buy some islamic clothes with it lol wacko  already started with conditioning before he pays a visit  :/  your never bloody free from islam with people like that
     Reply #41 - July 25, 2014, 05:57 AM

Well if he threatens to have someone spy on you, or watch you or whatever, keep in mind there's laws against stalking and harassment.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #42 - July 25, 2014, 07:19 AM

Yes,  thanks..   

x
     Reply #43 - July 25, 2014, 12:30 PM

If you look at Islam you will see that Khadijah RA was a renowned business woman and Aisha RA is accountable for more hadiths on Islam than anyone else, a leading scholar for Muslims. She was more learned than most renowned scholars of today.

Going to disregard the fact that Khadijah was a renowned and rich business woman way before she met Muhammad as pointed out by someone earlier. Something I could never quite make sense of was Aisha's tone when talking about Islam and Muhammad. She always seemed spiteful and resentful, seemingly mocking Muhammad in a couple of the hadiths. I'd always thought it was just my imagination but when I read up on it it turned out that her tone really doesn't add up with what people think of whenever Muhammad's wives are mentioned, to the point that some Muslims resent her as not being a true Muslim.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #44 - July 25, 2014, 01:11 PM

I have a few questions:

1. Did you travel to 30 countries with or without a mahram? seeing that women can't travel alone for more than 48 miles under Islamic law.

2. If your husband decides to take another wife what will be your reaction as that is his Islamic right?

3. If your husband requires you to stop working; halt your education; not leave the house etc. will you do it since under Islam you are to completely obey him?
     Reply #45 - July 25, 2014, 01:15 PM

Gee, I can really relate to that ¨whether you like it or not.. traditional gender norms, etc¨ bit.
    When I had my last baby, my husband, as usual, insisted the baby and I leave the hospital immediately. Then we went home, where he dropped off myself and the baby and the other children.
    Then I put the baby's furniture together, because I got too big this time in the last months to reach over the boards and secure the joints with the hex key. I just could not reach, until the baby came out and gave me room to bend over my work.
    Whether I liked it or not, my husband was not going to do a damn bit of housework or cooking or childcare, and actually claimed he was not able to understand the furniture's instructions, handle the children, or make decent food. So he went out, you know, with his friends, because that is what you do when you have no responsibilities at all.
    Islam. I have never met a lazy Muslim woman. We would die, if we did not do the work. It's a great system to cure a woman of sloth. Thanks to Islam for cementing those gender roles, because I was always able to delay my healing after a delivery for an extra four to six weeks -due to hard work and lack of rest.

As for the rest of your post, well, that all depends on your mahram. If your mahram beats you to a bloody pulp, you are just plain screwed. If your mahram cares what happens to you, good. If your mahram holds views on your equality, you might end up with a choice in life. The Islamic system is not friendly to single women, all women have to have a wali or a mahram. I am happy to be rid of both and accountable to neither. They are life and death, happiness or hell. If the dependency doesn't choke the life out of you, the obedience might.
    Trying to get a divorce, while being female and horribly abused, does not work. Men have those rights, and they don't like to give up their punching bags. I took a family member to the imam, and there was no divorce for her, until we gave some baksheesh to the husband's family and HE initiated the divorce.
    I am happy you feel empowered. It's a rare thing for a woman, I hope you celebrate by swinging on the swings. Since women in Saudi cannot do that, anymore. Do it for them, be free for our sisters. I do.

This.

Islam is a terrible system because it does not protect the weak i.e. women and children. They are left upon the mercy of their men.

The OP is lucky for getting a good husband. I wonder what she would do if she didn't as Islam really has no solution for women in abusive situations.
     Reply #46 - July 25, 2014, 03:41 PM

Islam is a terrible system because it does not protect the weak most vulnerable in theologically sanctioned patriarchal societies i.e. women and children. They are left upon the mercy of their men.

Reply #47 - July 25, 2014, 11:35 PM

^described my previous marriage..  we used to move home a lot and i would have to pick up and arrange all the heavy furniture myself while pregnant, meanwhile he was with his friends.. Flat pack furniture i did it myself too, he could never figure it out.  I did the entire housework and cooked every day for his friends who werent married yet and worked, he would remind me that in his country it is embarrassing for a man to enter the kitchen, plus he said he was allergic to irons and hoovers lol  : ) yeah yeah, excuses excuses..  next time i wanna marry a michelin star chef who's got a fetish for cleaning houses and ironing lol

I think the most consideration I got for being pregnant was not getting kicked in the stomach for those ten months.Once I had to scream (I usually do at crowning, anyway) and threaten to call an ambulance to even get someone to drive me to the hospital for delivery, because the baby was coming in the middle of the night. I almost didn't make it. Of course, in his country, women do not yell, scream, or go to hospitals. I cannot believe all the goddamn things I fell for with the ¨in my country..¨ line. Years later it dawns on me that my husbands did not describe their countries, they described their own ideas of utopia and force fed them to me with those words, knowing I would swallow them. I understand, easily, how we go from tolerance to accommodation to bending over backwards for others who claim religious differences, with that under my belt. Next time, I hope you marry someone who does all the things you mentioned, and possesses empathy. I suppose those without it never miss it, but I am confounded by them and have no clue how they can stand themselves.

Reply #48 - July 25, 2014, 11:37 PM

If the OP was hoping for a hit on her drive-by shooting, she missed. And thank you, Quod. You have left me speechless and grateful often of late.

Reply #49 - July 26, 2014, 12:30 AM

How so?

Reply #50 - July 26, 2014, 12:47 AM

Assalamu-Alaykum Muslima_yay,

I'm glad you're happy being a Muslim and that your faith has been strengthened.

We are not against you, nor do we demand anything of you - except that you offer us the same courtesy we offer you - the freedom to believe what you want and live the life you choose.

Salams.

Reply #51 - July 26, 2014, 01:02 AM

How so?

Ah, compliments, son. It's the compliments. I never know what to do with them.

Reply #52 - July 26, 2014, 01:15 AM

Prior to advent of Islam, it was the norm for families to bury their daughters as they saw them as a liability. Islam abhorred this practice and banned pagan Arabs from doing such an odious sin.

That's incorrect. Granted it was practiced rarely at times of drought but it was never the norm.

Despite male relatives being accountable for the upkeep of women

And you don't find that sexist?

but pagans back then were used to having sex with and raping their slave girls.

While muslims and the prophet didn't?  Roll Eyes

I have the right to education, career, financial stability, protection, inheritance, love and yet you claim my religion states I have none?

Education if your father s generous enough, career if your husband allows it, inheritance as half a man, financial stability as long as you're subservient to a man. What rights are you talking about, dear?

You chose to separate yourselves from Islam. You will have to suffer the wrath of it. Your mouths may lie but your heart’s regret and fear speaks otherwise.

And you too, shall feel the contempt of santa claus as he refuses to bring you presents.

Islam’s ultimate aim was to emancipate slaves.

And the continued slave markets well into 19th & 20th century medina is a prime example of that? Why not outright ban it the same way wine was banned? I'd say slavery is a bigger issue, wouldn't you?

Do research extensively from reliable sources on areas that you have limited knowledge on.

We have, have you?

Brb, going to smoke some weed & then read this.

W'salaam.

You need to share  Cry

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #53 - July 26, 2014, 01:20 AM

The Santa bit terrified me.

Reply #54 - July 26, 2014, 01:28 AM

What really pisses me off is people like that who assume that we left islam because we are lacking in knowledge. Most of the people on this forum know more about the quran/islam than the majority of muslims and it is THIS knowledge that made us realize the lies we've been fed.

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #55 - July 26, 2014, 01:46 AM

Don't get mad about it. They have to do this, it is called cognitive dissonance. If Muslims do not think of us as defective or deficient, then they have to admit that rejecting Islam is reasonable. That Allah might not exist. That morals can exist without religion. All sorts of things that shake their world upside down and turn their sacrifices or excuses or obedience in the name of God into smoke and wishes. Our reasonable and rational existence nullifies and demeans so many things in their lives and beliefs, that they would grasp at anything but the simple truth.
    I remember being there. They truly cannot help it. Just be honest with them. Going softly will preserve their myth, and going hard on them will fulfill their hopeful fantasy of us as demonic rejects of the Divine. Honesty got us here, maybe they can find their way, too, if we share.

Reply #56 - July 26, 2014, 03:13 AM

If the OP was hoping for a hit on her drive-by shooting, she missed.

No kidding. She sounds like a perfectly kind person, but a good shot is another story. Instead of empowered, she came off as incredibly naive and a bit cowardly.

I remember being there.

A million times, yes. Essays like hers are especially cringe-worthy to me as I remember saying some of this stuff before.
     Reply #57 - July 26, 2014, 04:26 AM

drive our dream car

I don't dream of cars. My inner life is the poorer for it.

Any believer who comes onto this site feels the darkness and decadence.

This had me humming Portishead. 'The blackness, the darkness forever.'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3UrBZUbRMI

Reply #58 - July 26, 2014, 07:19 PM

You need to share  Cry

Come on over, I still have a joint (about .6 grams) left from this:

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #59 - July 26, 2014, 07:24 PM

Muslima_yay is such a cringeworthy name.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »