Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Can we get a repository going of all testable Islamic claims

(Read 3426 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Can we get a repository going of all testable Islamic claims
     OP - July 23, 2014, 07:14 PM

So every claim in the Qur'an and Sahih Hadith that makes a physical, testable 'scientific' claim (whether or not it is used by the scientific miracle brigade, as we all know about the embryology, egg-shaped earth etcetera) There are lots of lesser known statements that aren't pushed due to them being, frankly embarrassing and not in any way open to manipulation.

I.E.

Sahih Bukhari
    Volume 7, Book 71, Number 592 :
    Narrated by Abu Huraira
    I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is healing in black cumin for all diseases except death."

Narrated Anas:
    Some people from the tribe of 'Ukl came to the Prophet and embraced Islam. The climate of Medina did not suit them, so the Prophet ordered them to go to the (herd of milch) camels of charity and to drink, their milk and urine (as a medicine).
    Sahih Bukhari 8:82:794

Please try to provide any that you can, and where possible give the exact surah/chapter number please!

Thanks  Smiley
     Reply #1 - August 10, 2014, 09:22 PM

:( people round here must think I have the plague lately
     Reply #2 - August 10, 2014, 10:31 PM

So every claim in the Qur'an and Sahih Hadith that makes a physical, testable 'scientific' claim (whether or not it is used by the scientific miracle brigade, as we all know about the embryology, egg-shaped earth etcetera) There are lots of lesser known statements that aren't pushed due to them being, frankly embarrassing and not in any way open to manipulation.

I.E.

Sahih Bukhari
    Volume 7, Book 71, Number 592 :
    Narrated by Abu Huraira
    I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is healing in black cumin for all diseases except death."

Thanks  Smiley

Unfriggin believable. As soon I read the title, that hadith came to mind. Because I've thought about and used that hadith before as evidence against Islam.I don't know why its not pointed out more often.

Here is another one
    (1) Narrated Khalid bin Sad: We went out and Ghalib bin Abjar was accompanying us. He fell ill on the way and when we arrived at Medina he was still sick. Ibn Abi 'Atiq came to visit him and said to us, "Treat him with black cumin. Take five or seven seeds and crush them (mix the powder with oil) and drop the resulting mixture into both nostrils, for 'Aisha has narrated to me that she heard the Prophet saying, 'This black cumin is healing for all diseases except As-Sam.' Aisha said, 'What is As-Sam?' He said, 'Death."  (Book #71, Hadith #591)

I suspect that black cumin is the secret ingredient in Zindanis highly publicized cure for cancer a few years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeFr5t19aQs
     Reply #3 - August 11, 2014, 08:52 PM

Unfriggin believable. As soon I read the title, that hadith came to mind. Because I've thought about and used that hadith before as evidence against Islam.I don't know why its not pointed out more often.

Here is another one
    I suspect that black cumin is the secret ingredient in Zindanis highly publicized cure for cancer a few years ago

Haha, cancer too? Thought he'd only cured aids. Can't tell anybody though of course.

I think it's not used against Islam more because it's not touted much by Muslims, as it's obviously not true, so not many people know of it.
     Reply #4 - August 11, 2014, 10:26 PM

Haha, cancer too? Thought he'd only cured aids. Can't tell anybody though of course.

You're right, he only claimed cure for AIDS, but I've read that he's done (clinical?)trials for cancer and has not yet reached the same conclusion.

Here is another hadith on six day creation

Sahih Muslim Book 79 hadith 6707

Abu Haraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) took hold of my hands and said: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, created the clay on Saturday and He created the mountains on Sunday and He created the trees on Monday and He created the things entailing labour on Tuesday and created light on Wednesday and lie caused the animals to spread on Thursday and created Adam (peace be upon him) after 'Asr on Friday;the last creation at the last hour of the hours of Friday, i. e. between afternoon and night.  

Reply #5 - August 11, 2014, 10:42 PM

Hey can we get a suppository for all testable Islamic claims, so we can tell them to shove them up their arse?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - August 11, 2014, 10:53 PM

Here is another one

I love the way that reporter is asking her questions with so much packed ridicule.

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #7 - August 15, 2014, 04:45 PM

I love the way that reporter is asking her questions with so much packed ridicule.

Yeah, he must have been fuming.
     Reply #8 - August 15, 2014, 05:41 PM

Warning to muslims reading...this hadith is not good for your imaan

Sahîh al-Bukhârî (3199, 7424).

related by Abû Dharr al-Ghifârî, is as follows:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said to me: “O Abû Dharr! Do you know where the Sun goes when it sets?”

I said: “Allah and His Messenger know best.”

He said: “It goes until it prostrates beneath the Throne. Then it seeks permission and permission is granted to it. Soon it will prostrate and it will not be accepted from it, and seek permission and will not be granted permission. It will be said to it: ‘Go back where you came from.’ Then it will rise from its setting place. This is Allah’s statement: ‘And the Sun runs on to its place of settlement. That is the determination of the Mighty the Knowing. [Sûrah YâSîn: 38]’.”

----

I told ya...didnt I
     Reply #9 - August 15, 2014, 05:49 PM

You can never be too sure about that, maybe she annoyed with him over the fact that he wants the money all to himself :p
    Are these journalists also sarcastic :p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP0W0IUhZT0
     Reply #10 - August 15, 2014, 06:11 PM

Maybe just a collection of all these types of sayings without commentary is all that is needed?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #11 - August 30, 2014, 05:20 PM

This hadith says that people who look towards the sky during prayer will lose eye-sight.

Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet said, "What is wrong with those people who look towards the sky during the prayer?" His talk grew stern while delivering this speech and he said, "They should stop (looking towards the sky during the prayer); otherwise their eye-sight would be taken away.

Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 717
     Reply #12 - August 30, 2014, 05:35 PM

7 Ajwa dates prevents being affected by poison or magic on the same day as eating them.

Narrated Sad:

Allah's Apostle said, "He who eats seven 'Ajwa dates every morning, will not be affected by poison or magic on the day he eats them."

Bukhari Volume 7, Book 65, Number 356
     Reply #13 - August 30, 2014, 05:42 PM

A lying abdomen.

Narrated Abu Said:

A man came to the prophet and said, 'My brother has got loose motions. The Prophet said, Let him drink honey." The man again (came) and said, 'I made him drink (honey) but that made him worse.' The Prophet said, 'Allah has said the Truth, and the abdomen of your brother has told a lie."

Bukhari Volume 7, Book 71, Number 614
     Reply #14 - August 30, 2014, 05:47 PM

Remind me never to go to a devout Muslim doctor.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »