Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: What were the main reasons that led you to leave/start questioning islam?
  • Historical/scientific inaccuracies - 15 (13.4%)
  • Teachings go against personal views & lifestyle - 17 (15.2%)
  • It all started to simply sound made-up - 18 (16.1%)
  • Bad things in the world or personal issues - 5 (4.5%)
  • Contradictions in the quran - 12 (10.7%)
  • Treatment of women in islam - 22 (19.6%)
  • Violence from Muhammad (and in the quran in general) - 12 (10.7%)
  • Other (specify!!) - 11 (9.8%)
  • Total Voters: 34

Topic: Why did you leave Islam

(Read 7778 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Why did you leave Islam
     Reply #60 - July 24, 2014, 11:03 PM

Oh you know, my dear cornflower, you know. Wink

Either we both have dirty weird minds, or I'm the fucked up only. Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #61 - July 24, 2014, 11:15 PM

http://www.troll.me/images2/goat-anymore/my-body-is-ready.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #62 - July 25, 2014, 01:35 AM

Really I think at some point or another in my life I would have left Islam, even if I hadn't moved here.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #63 - July 25, 2014, 03:40 PM

Lol, gonna try to keep this short.

Firstly,
    I love sciences; I am not particularly fond of exams, but I do love learning new things, specially theoretical things that are of interest to me. When things such as the theory of evolution crossed roads with religion and was completely blocked out(or butchered into some pseudo-creation-evolution theory) due to the Qur'an having different thoughts on the matter.
    Secondly,
    Even though I was never really religious, I started to think how I'd go around raising my children; specially since abandoning Egypt is one of my key goals in life, how would they mingle out there while still conserving their religious beliefs? The mini-Muslim communities in outside countries just seem like Arabs that want to start colonizing the west, completely bordering themselves from the rest of the Country; I didn't want that.
    Thirdly,
    Women; I had very little interest in belittling my wife/daughter(s) because religion said so. Specially when it came to a potential life partner, I wanted an actual partner. and the way Islam described marriage made absolutely no sense to me.
    Fourthly,
    The seemingly mesmerizing words of the Qur'an pierced my ears. The Qur'an is often complemented for being one of the most beautiful writings ever, I didn't see that. The Qur'an to me was simply a book that sang poems of murder and eternal torture and sick twisted minds.
    Lastly,
    I simply don't believe in living one life for another.

EDIT: Also, I can't find place for divine interventions occurring regularly in  the atomic world.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #64 - July 25, 2014, 05:38 PM

@xtremestr took the words right out of my mouth.

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
     Reply #65 - July 25, 2014, 06:28 PM

Lol, gonna try to keep this short.

Firstly,
    I love sciences; I am not particularly fond of exams, but I do love learning new things, specially theoretical things that are of interest to me. When things such as the theory of evolution crossed roads with religion and was completely blocked out(or butchered into some pseudo-creation-evolution theory) due to the Qur'an having different thoughts on the matter.
    Secondly,
    Even though I was never really religious, I started to think how I'd go around raising my children; specially since abandoning Egypt is one of my key goals in life, how would they mingle out there while still conserving their religious beliefs? The mini-Muslim communities in outside countries just seem like Arabs that want to start colonizing the west, completely bordering themselves from the rest of the Country; I didn't want that.
    Thirdly,
    Women; I had very little interest in belittling my wife/daughter(s) because religion said so. Specially when it came to a potential life partner, I wanted an actual partner. and the way Islam described marriage made absolutely no sense to me.
    Fourthly,
    The seemingly mesmerizing words of the Qur'an pierced my ears. The Qur'an is often complemented for being one of the most beautiful writings ever, I didn't see that. The Qur'an to me was simply a book that sang poems of murder and eternal torture and sick twisted minds.
    Lastly,

EDIT: Also, I can't find place for divine interventions occurring regularly in  the atomic world.

That was beautiful!
     Reply #66 - July 25, 2014, 08:20 PM

I love this  Afro yes
     Reply #67 - July 25, 2014, 09:07 PM

Indeed, very well put xtremestr.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »