Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The story of a hijabi non-muslim girl. Please I need some advice!

(Read 8234 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The story of a hijabi non-muslim girl. Please I need some advice!
     Reply #30 - July 23, 2014, 12:12 AM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #31 - July 23, 2014, 12:24 AM

parrot
    Welcome! Don't worry. It will work out, just hang on. You have gotten some sound advice already, there are many young people on this forum in your situation. When you are financially independent the world will open up for you.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #32 - July 23, 2014, 10:39 AM

I understand, I didn't mean for you to leave as a Muslim. The two years away might give them some time to accept you not being a Muslim anymore. Then again, you should start accepting the idea that that might never happen. I don't say this to be mean, just that bracing yourself for the worst that can happen might help in dealing with it.

Yes, I know Trustworthy. I think they won't accept me. I'm going to think the worst case scenario.. I know my parents and I never had a good relationship with them so maybe it won't be hard for me.
    Can I text you? We seem to be in a similar situation^^

Have you thought of doing a TEFL course and applying to teach English in Japan? Its actually a really good way to get away. It helps if you ave a degree and teaching experience, but that isn't absolutely necessary

here's a helpful link: http://www.onlinetefl.com/

Welcome and good luck  far away hug

I thought that only who's english native speaker can teach english all over the world.
    However, thank you and I think this is also a good idea!!

Welcome to the forum, ArielTi parrot

I agree with everyone else here that you should try not to go too far with your parents until you're financially independent.

Thank you Al-Alethia I'll do so^^

Welcome to the forum ArielTi, have a rabbit!  bunny

I'm sorry to hear about the difficult experiences you've had in your life so far. I think you need to think about your future and the kind of life you want to live, and my own advice would be to leave from your parents once you've completed your studies, and are ready and financially independent. I know its a difficult thing for people whom family has been such a central part of life, but sometimes such bold decisions are necessary. Best of luck with everything, and I hope you enjoy it here.  Afro

Yes, I think it's the best solution if I want to live my life and not theirs. It will be hard but I think in the end I'll try it..
    I'm just hoping that day will come soon^^
    Thank you for your kind word asbie!

Welcome! 

Another new introductory thread makes a comment about pseudoscience amongst Muslims, and googling I came across a wikiIslam site discussing "death anxiety"

Looking at wiki islam generally I felt it to be very uneven, one article for example pointing out logical fallacies, another saying something couldn't be correct because Allah said! blah blah!

It sounds like you are highly intelligent and educated but possibly this is making your parents very insecure.

It feels as if Islam has very strong traditions of being fearful and stoping thinking that individuals are meeting here because parents, relatives, acquaintances continually reinforce the status quo.

No answers here, but maybe thinking about what is happening may lead to insights.

Yes, your true one of the basis of Islam is to fear and love God. Most of believers are scared of Allah and of Hell so if you're scared you're going to do as God told you. Unfortunately for my parents, I was never afraid of God, nor I loved him.
    Mmh nobody ever answered me to some questions. They even told you can't question yourself about some stuff because they'll lead you in a bad road. I even asked to my cousin once why can't we eat meat. You know what they answered me?
    It's because pig doesn't cry and it's not a sensitive animal in fact those who eat are cold people. While Camel is the only animal who has tears (not true) and it's a sensitive animal. What a stupid and non sense answer.

However thank you Moi^^

Finalmente trovo un'altra ragazza italiana  su questo forum. Mi dispiace per la tua situazione, ma ti assicuro che presto potraì riconquistare la tua libertà .
    Anch'io  più o meno sono nella tua (e di molti altri) situazione.
    Quando ero in Italia (ora vivo a Londra sempre con i miei) ne ho dovuto passarne delle belle. Quando iniziai ad andare alla scuola media, i miei mi constrinsero a mettermi il velo e di non avere amici maschi.
    Ogni volto che uscivo con i miei, avevo sempre paura che se qualche mio compagno di classe (maschio) mi salutasse, sarai finita nella  merda.
    Purtroppo i miei mi tolsero ogni libertà alla sola età di 9 anni...
    Non ho avuto un'adolescenza normale. E la cosa che mi irrita di piu' e' che mio fratello poteva e può fare tutto ciò che vuole.
    Ora che ci siamo trasferiti a Londra, ho due possibilità:
    -O continuo a vivere così ( seguendo le loro stupide regole)
    -O mi riconquisto la mia libertà, a costo di non rivedere più i miei famigliari per il resto della mia vita.
    Io non so se tu hai una relazione buona con i tuoi, però in casi delicati come questi, è meglio pensare alla propria sicurezza prima di tutto.
    Scusa se non capisci ciò che  voglio dire esattamente (mi ci vorebbero pagine lol), però ti auguro buona fortuna.
    E benvenuta tra noi!! Di sicuro gli altri potranno darti un consiglio migliore.
     Smiley parrot

Ommioddio che bello!! Hahaha il mio inglese è terribile vero? Mi sto vergognando un sacco. Finalmente un po' di italiano.
    Wow che fortuna che sei a Londra!!
    Mi dispiace per la tua situazione, ti capisco fin troppo ><
    Ti va di conoscerci meglio e scambiarci qualche idea magari? Sarei interassata alla tua storia e vorrei vedere se insieme magari riusciamo ad aiutarci e a risolvere la situazione^^
    Piacere carissima e fammi sapere;)

^Italian is a nice language.  yes

Welcome ArielTi!

Thank you Descent!!:)

Every Morning We Are Born Again.
    What We Do Today Is What Matters Most.
     Reply #33 - July 23, 2014, 10:45 AM

ArielTi: Sure, you can private message me, if you want to! Just click the 'send message' button next to this post.

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
     Reply #34 - July 24, 2014, 08:16 PM

Hahaha il mio inglese è terribile vero?

Sounds pretty much perfect to me...
     Reply #35 - July 29, 2014, 11:12 PM

Belated welcome sister.  Smiley
    Great to see the spike in ex muslims come to our site during Ramadan and I hope things start to work out for you.
    Ironically satan can't be blamed for the many deviating off the path during this month cause he's supposed to be all tied up.  Cheesy
    Here have a  bunny and a  parrot
     Reply #36 - July 30, 2014, 09:17 PM

I am somehow in the same situation. Wish you much courage!

Reply #37 - August 04, 2014, 10:16 PM

Well so much for "The hijab empowers and liberates women". They are using it almost like a chastity belt...

I'm sure there is a lot of overachieving Muslim girls out there, making a good impression as independent and ambitious women at their uni, when the motivation behind it is simply freedom xD

Last year I took a huge step and found an internship abroad for one semester, just to leave and experience freedom and being responsible for my own. I was completely alone, wasn't there long enough to make friends, but it was the best time of my life. I came back home and nothing's changed. That's why I'm going for a year to another university further away for my last semester.

The situation seems very tense, but ultimately you have to do what is best for your mental health, which would be leave and enjoy your own life as you can. I don't know a better solution than pretending and living a double life. I have been hiding thing selectively from my father since adolescence and sugar coating everything for example:

Internship abroad, searched abroad on purpose so I could leave, what I said: "Soo there is this mandatory internship and I really looked for month but no company would want me so I asked for help and my uni found something but it's abroad, I have no choice!" It's a lame lie, it still wasn't an easy one to swallow, but it made it made it less worse.

I know it can be hard to lie to loved ones and you have to deal with guilt sometimes, but if it's for a greater good (i.e. you get a bit of your own life whilst limiting a too big conflict with your family) it can be worth it. Is it possible to make them believe you are convinced about the hijab? If they think you are they might be more in peace with you leaving and "trust you". Once you are in Japan, you make sure that what happens in Japan stays in Japan Wink

If anyone knows a better solution than shamelessly living two lives I'd be interested too in the long run. It can work as a short-term solution though.
     Reply #38 - October 05, 2014, 04:27 AM

Nihal, I seriously believe you should leave your oppressing family behind and move elsewhere without giving them your new address. It is your life and you only have one. If you throw it away because of guilt and an oppressive region without merit, aka islam, then you are making the biggest mistake ever. You live in the EC and can easily move to another country and no one will ever find you. Also,if you have children one day, their grand parents, i.e. your mother, will give them the same treatment you got. If you don't want to do it for yourself, do it at least for your children and marry a non-muslim (very important). You don't owe your parents anything if they are trying to make your life miserable instead of doing everything so that you can live a happy, self determined life. I might come across as harsh, but if they are determined to ruin it for you, leave. Two of my friends did the same and moved to the US. They are happy and now have their own families. 
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »