Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: It appears that from time to time a divine meeting is held somewhere on the

(Read 5134 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • It appears that from time to time a divine meeting is held somewhere on the
     OP - July 18, 2014, 10:21 PM

From translating thread

I am pleased to announce diligent researchers have found the minutes of these meetings!

The Creator sat upon the throne, thinking. Behind him stretched the illimitable continent of heaven, steeped in a glory of light and color; before him rose the black night of Space, like a wall. His mighty bulk towered rugged and mountain-like into the zenith, and His divine head blazed there like a distant sun. At His feet stood three colossal figures, diminished to extinction, almost, by contrast -- archangels -- their heads level with His ankle-bone.
    When the Creator had finished thinking, He said, "I have thought. Behold!"

He lifted His hand, and from it burst a fountain-spray of fire, a million stupendous suns, which clove the blackness and soared, away and away and away, diminishing in magnitude and intensity as they pierced the far frontiers of Space, until at last they were but as diamond nailheads sparkling under the domed vast roof of the universe.

At the end of an hour the Grand Council was dismissed.

They left the Presence impressed and thoughtful, and retired to a private place, where they might talk with freedom. None of the three seemed to want to begin, though all wanted somebody to do it. Each was burning to discuss the great event, but would prefer not to commit himself till he should know how the others regarded it. So there was some aimless and halting conversation about matters of no consequence, and this dragged tediously along, arriving nowhere, until at last the archangel Satan gathered his courage together -- of which he had a very good supply -- and broke ground. He said: "We know what we are here to talk about, my lords, and we may as well put pretense aside, and begin. If this is the opinion of the Council -- "

"It is, it is!" said Gabriel and Michael, gratefully interrupting.

"Very well, then, let us proceed. We have witnessed a wonderful thing; as to that, we are necessarily agreed. As to the value of it -- if it has any -- that is a matter which does not personally concern us. We can have as many opinions about it as we like, and that is our limit. We have no vote. I think Space was well enough, just as it was, and useful, too. Cold and dark -- a restful place, now and then, after a season of the overdelicate climate and trying splendors of heaven. But these are details of no considerable moment; the new feature, the immense feature, is -- what, gentlemen?"

"The invention and introduction of automatic, unsupervised, self-regulating law for the government of those myriads of whirling and racing suns and worlds!"

"That is it!" said Satan. "You perceive that it is a stupendous idea. Nothing approaching it has been evolved from the Master Intellect before. Law -- Automatic Law -- exact and unvarying Law -- requiring no watching, no correcting, no readjusting while the eternities endure! He said those countless vast bodies would plunge through the wastes of Space ages and ages, at unimaginable speed, around stupendous orbits, yet never collide, and never lengthen nor shorten their orbital periods by so much as the hundredth part of a second in two thousand years! That is the new miracle, and the greatest of all -- Automatic Law! And He gave it a name -- the LAW OF NATURE -- and said Natural Law is the LAW OF GOD -- interchangeable names for one and the same thing."

"Yes," said Michael, "and He said He would establish Natural Law -- the Law of God -- throughout His dominions, and its authority should be supreme and inviolable."

"Also," said Gabriel, "He said He would by and by create animals, and place them, likewise, under the authority of that Law."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/aor/twain/letearth.htm

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #1 - July 18, 2014, 11:14 PM

Haha! Excellent  Cheesy

Gotta love Mark Twain!

But according to the Qur'an, Satan is not allowed at these meetings - meteors chase him and his dastardly devil companions away when they try to sneak in and 'snatch' a bit of divine gossip.

btw - I'm glad someone is reading the translations - I personally think that book is awesome  Afro
     Reply #2 - July 19, 2014, 12:05 AM

Another example uncle mo got it wrong?  Surely St Mark is more trustworthy or are they satanic verses?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

Reply #3 - July 19, 2014, 02:13 AM

Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #4 - July 19, 2014, 04:29 AM

I hadn't read that before. Twain really was an excellent writer. I must get some Christians to read that rant. Cheesy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #5 - July 21, 2014, 06:35 AM

Make it a Christmas present.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #6 - July 22, 2014, 06:17 PM

But according to the Qur'an, Satan is not allowed at these meetings - meteors chase him and his dastardly devil companions away when they try to sneak in and 'snatch' a bit of divine gossip.

.Just found the bit about snatching.

Does the koran have stories of Job?

◄ Job 1:12 ►
    Parallel Verses
    New International Version
    The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger." Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

http://biblehub.com/job/1-12.htm

Does not the quran have an evolving satan, as the Bible does?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjS5528KdU

A.A. Milne,

Reply #7 - July 22, 2014, 07:04 PM

.Just found the bit about snatching.

Does the koran have stories of Job?

http://biblehub.com/job/1-12.htm

Does not the quran have an evolving satan, as the Bible does?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjS5528KdU

My knowledge of the Bible is weak so I couldn't make a comparison. But as far as the Quran goes, Satan is not a fallen angel. He is a separate creation - a Jinn - made of fire. He also has a freewill unlike angels.

God showed him Adam and told everyone to prostrate. He refused because of arrogance so God cursed him. Satan vowed to prove that mankind are not worthy by constantly trying to mislead them. The Qur'an says Satan "Made them slip" when talking of the garden/apple story.
     Reply #8 - July 22, 2014, 07:26 PM

Make it a Christmas present.

I think most of it is free on the internet!

A.A. Milne,

Reply #9 - July 22, 2014, 07:28 PM

My knowledge of the Bible is weak so I couldn't make a comparison. But as far as the Quran goes, Satan is not a fallen angel. He is a separate creation - a Jinn - made of fire. He also has a freewill unlike angels.

God showed him Adam and told everyone to prostrate. He refused because of arrogance so God cursed him. Satan vowed to prove that mankind are not worthy by constantly trying to mislead them. The Qur'an says Satan "Made them slip" when talking of the garden/apple story.

Is Job mentioned in the quran?

A.A. Milne,

Reply #10 - July 22, 2014, 07:38 PM

I think most of it is free on the internet!

I still enjoy getting a book I can hold in my hand at Christmas.

Reply #11 - July 22, 2014, 08:21 PM

Is Job mentioned in the quran?

Yes, his name is Ayyub.
     Reply #12 - July 22, 2014, 08:25 PM

Muslims today generally dismiss the Bible as completely corrupt, but in actual fact the Qur'an frequently makes brief reference to the stories in the Bible, expecting it's audience to be aware of the full story and to believe it.

Although the Qur'an does accuse Jews and Christians of changing things - it largely assumes the Bible is true and expects it's readers to believe in it also.
     Reply #13 - July 22, 2014, 09:29 PM

The Koran has its own spin on most of the stories inspired by judeo-Christian myths and so claims to present the true version of events thus abrogating the previous revelations.

You can ask why would Allah guard and preserve the Koran but not the previous two revelations thus condemning scores of innocent believers in committing shirk but you'll soon realise that Allah's an arsehole like that.

Takbir!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #14 - July 22, 2014, 09:41 PM

Same, even though my kindle is loaded with ebooks... I still prefer the feeling of a hard/paperback.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #15 - July 22, 2014, 09:45 PM

Afro

Reply #16 - July 22, 2014, 09:53 PM

...and every other day!  Afro

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #17 - July 23, 2014, 12:13 AM

Indeed.

Reply #18 - July 23, 2014, 08:07 AM

Qoran is just a big contradiction full stop. Really makes me laugh they laugh at santa etc yet beliece fantasy tales of buraak the winged horse and that shaitaan is locked up in ramadhan. Lolz, if allah can lock him up then y let him out aftr 30 days, keep him locked up ffs. This allah lets him
    Out n enjoys his rampage  lol. As if! And ppl actuallh believe this crap

"Question with boldness even the existence of God...because...if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear"...Thomas Jefferson
     Reply #19 - July 23, 2014, 08:35 AM

Qoran is just a big contradiction full stop. Really makes me laugh they laugh at santa etc yet beliece fantasy tales of buraak the winged horse and that shaitaan is locked up in ramadhan. Lolz, if allah can lock him up then y let him out aftr 30 days, keep him locked up ffs. This allah lets him
    Out n enjoys his rampage  lol. As if! And ppl actuallh believe this crap

At least Santa is based on something fairly concrete. Winged horse defo isn't.
     Reply #20 - July 23, 2014, 12:43 PM

I presume you are referring ti St Nick!  Snag is everyone on the planet is just as good at inventing stuff like winged horses and other mixtures of beasties like Cynocephaly, St Christopher being a famous example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynocephaly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Christopher

A.A. Milne,

Reply #21 - July 23, 2014, 12:44 PM

I referenced a flying elephant in another thread!!  Maybe humans have always been surrealists!

A.A. Milne,

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »