Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey there!

(Read 3276 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hey there!
     OP - July 15, 2014, 09:52 AM

Hi everyone (still kind of weird not writing assalaamu alaykum hehe!),

I guess I'm in here looking for people in similar positions to myself because to put it bluntly life is really quite rubbish at the moment!

I converted to Islam two and a half years ago. I think I was lost and searching for something and anything to help me out of the depression and eating disorder that had plagued me for ten years. My sister had converted and I got speaking to her and over a long process of research and asking lots of questions, I convinced myself it was true. I think maybe I thought I could use the structure and security so desperately tried to convince myself of its truth. Before that I was an atheist until I was 12, but started to believe in something when I was "saved" from a mountain bike accident and when the door handle of my bedroom started moving up and down on its own... I looked into Christianity but didn't believe that and dabbled into spiritualism but didn't see the point of contacting spirits even though I do think you can... From there, I entered Islam.

Gradually, I became more and more uncomfortable with the rules and principles and there are nineteen reasons on my list at the moment. The top five are...

1. I can't believe god would punish people forever in hell, especially people with challenging upbringings.
    2. I believe in human evolution.
    3. I don't think there's anything wrong with music, pork, having male friends and drinking alcohol or gambling in moderation.
    4. I don't think a man should have the right to have sex with his wife whenever he wants.
    5. Islam says that when you die, an angel comes to take your soul out, but when I nearly died I just floated above my body and saw no angel.

The main problem is that I got married but never loved my husband. Its so wrong you can't get to know the person or be alone with them before marriage. After marriage, there wasn't really much I could do about it Islamically so I just stuck it out. Now I want to separate but obviously this has severely affected my husband. He's in bits and says I've destroyed his life. But then yesterday he was talking about getting married again to get over it... I said that's not really going to be fair on his new wife but its not really my problem! Its so awkward at home- I just can't wait to be rid of him. I was tempted to go and stay with an ex when invited but thought that might not be such a good plan hehe! Plenty of time for that later!

I guess its also in the back of my head about being punished forever in hell. I don't believe it- I really don't- but its really hard not to feel a little bit anxious. Does anyone else feel like that?

Anyway nice to meet you all, Hannah
  • Hey there!
     Reply #1 - July 15, 2014, 10:13 AM

Greetings Hannah !    : )
  • Hey there!
     Reply #2 - July 15, 2014, 11:11 AM

Assalaamu alaykum Hanna. Have a parrot. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Hey there!
     Reply #3 - July 15, 2014, 11:22 AM

Welcome  far away hug

5. Islam says that when you die, an angel comes to take your soul out, but when I nearly died I just floated above my body and saw no angel.

Explain  Huh?

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Hey there!
     Reply #4 - July 15, 2014, 11:38 AM

Presumably one of those scientifically explicable 'near death experiences'.
  • Hey there!
     Reply #5 - July 15, 2014, 11:43 AM

Yeah, I nearly died twice and the same thing happened each time... Weird but I'm open minded- might have been generated by my brain but there was certainly no angel as Islam says anyway!!!!  Smiley
  • Hey there!
     Reply #6 - July 15, 2014, 11:50 AM

It's interesting that you say you saw your own body though. 
  • Hey there!
     Reply #7 - July 15, 2014, 11:51 AM

Welcome, Hannah!  parrot

About feeling anxious about Hell, even though you don't believe it: yeah, most of us have had that in the first 'phase' after denouncing Islam. It's pretty normal.

A question...you said:

But then yesterday he was talking about getting married again to get over it... I said that's not really going to be fair on his new wife but its not really my problem!

Why is it not fair on his new wife? Unless he is not planning to divorce you...

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • Hey there!
     Reply #8 - July 15, 2014, 11:57 AM

I started to believe in something when... the door handle of my bedroom started moving up and down on its own.

Ah yes! The old door handle movie uppie downie thingy - God always does that when he wants someone to believe in a shitload of unfounded claims that will save them from the eternal torture he prepared in his mercy - blessed be his name.

Welcome Smiley
  • Hey there!
     Reply #9 - July 15, 2014, 12:07 PM

Yeah, the seeing my body thing is interesting, if untrue hehe!

Well personally, I would rather not be in a relationship with someone who is very, very obsessed with a previous girlfriend/ wife, which is where he is at the moment... He told me only two days ago that he would never get married again because he loved me too much and he would be sad forever!!!! And you should get married out of love, not trying to get over someone else in my opinion!

And wait until you see the door handle move, then see how you feel! It wasn't a dream- my sister saw it too... Lol
  • Hey there!
     Reply #10 - July 15, 2014, 10:26 PM

Islam is all about scaremongering. Its a big bully eg do this or thus will happen. Its all bribes & scaring ppl into submission

"Question with boldness even the existence of God...because...if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear"...Thomas Jefferson
  • Hey there!
     Reply #11 - July 15, 2014, 11:46 PM

Welcome Hannah668, Smiley
    The main problem is that I got married but never loved my husband. Its so wrong you can't get to know the person or be alone with them before marriage. After marriage, there wasn't really much I could do about it Islamically so I just stuck it out.

Can I ask, was your decision to get married directly based on your Islamic conversion or was it for other reasons? Don't answer if you don't want to, just trying to get my head round why you got married in the first place is all.

Oh btw here's a  bunny and a  parrot
  • Hey there!
     Reply #12 - July 16, 2014, 12:18 AM

Yeah, the seeing my body thing is interesting, if untrue hehe!

Well personally, I would rather not be in a relationship with someone who is very, very obsessed with a previous girlfriend/ wife, which is where he is at the moment... He told me only two days ago that he would never get married again because he loved me too much and he would be sad forever!!!! And you should get married out of love, not trying to get over someone else in my opinion!

And wait until you see the door handle move, then see how you feel! It wasn't a dream- my sister saw it too... Lol

Welcome! Don't worry about it. My second husband told me the same thing when he divorced me. He married a blonde American eight years younger than myself a few years later.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Hey there!
     Reply #13 - July 16, 2014, 05:27 AM

yeah, I agree Islam is definitely used to scare and therefore control people...

my decision to get married was not related to becoming a Muslim apart from the fact that I married a muslim. That's why it broke down... we had nothing in common and I couldn't be around someone constantly praying a reciting a book I didn't believe in...

And yesterday he decided we need "more discussion" because he can't live without me... he's obviously very confused and upset at the moment...
  • Hey there!
     Reply #14 - July 16, 2014, 11:15 PM

Okay thanks for answering. Sorry to hear about how down your husband is but from the sound of things, if you really can't see any future together, maybe your right in that it's best you part ways, maybe sooner rather than later?
  • Hey there!
     Reply #15 - July 17, 2014, 12:11 AM

Welcome to the forum hannah668, have a rabbit.  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Hey there!
     Reply #16 - July 17, 2014, 01:38 PM

Yeah, I've asked him to go asap... Its better for both of us...
  • Hey there!
     Reply #17 - July 17, 2014, 01:41 PM

far away hug

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Hey there!
     Reply #18 - July 17, 2014, 03:04 PM

What does that mean lol? He still wants us to be together though- madness in my opinion... But then he is mad... For being and remaining Muslim!!! Wink
  • Hey there!
     Reply #19 - July 17, 2014, 09:11 PM

Welcome, and I think that thing means "online hug" or something. Anyway, good luck with your future and enjoy your time on this page.

Most ex Muslims on here are like you, well...how they feel about the religion, not personal stuff. But you'll find a lot of help and support here anyway  parrot
  • Hey there!
     Reply #20 - July 17, 2014, 09:12 PM

Thanks! Smiley Are most people on here now atheists or do some people believe in other things?
  • Hey there!
     Reply #21 - July 17, 2014, 09:14 PM

I believe in nothing. I was religious for three years, but it made me so miserable.

I'm not sure about others, I'm sure you can find more about them with their introductory posts.
  • Hey there!
     Reply #22 - July 17, 2014, 09:15 PM

cool! Smiley
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »