Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: An Egyptian newly bored of Islam

(Read 4547 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • An Egyptian newly bored of Islam
     OP - July 13, 2014, 02:53 PM

Good morning, afternoon, evening, and night, to all of you around the world,

I am an Egyptian guy who has decided that Islam isn't for him a few days ago, I decided on it in Ramadan because; according to Islam ofc, it's the month that Satan gets locked up and we are free to think for ourselves; though sadly unable to escape our fate that we had been locked into since before we were born. I was drove to this by people who kept saying that one should read the Qur'an to truly under the peaceful Islam.  The murder of homosexuals and apostates, the eternal damnation in hell, the replication of the acts and rules followed by Muhammad people whom he resented and killed because they didn't believe the man who had suddenly gotten a revelation from the most sadistic god telling him. I'd always found it silly how....interesting Mohamed's actions would seem if we were to take away the god who seems to have the mentality of a 5 year old bully, the all-knowing god who seemed to conveniently send down revelations each time Mohamed seemed to be in the wrong, the religion that justifies slavery and war booty; and allows rape due to the lack of definition of a war, and thus the ease of kidnapping someone, whether by force or purchase, and simply turning them into a sex slave. And let us never forget the explanation of the embryo which not only stole from Galen, but also did an incredibly bad job at it.

How can Mohamed ever commit a crime if he sets the rules, how can Qur'an ever be wrong if it sets forth the meaning of words?

I would like to thank Saif Rahman and his videos for being truly inspiring, interesting, and convincing.

On another note, I am a Computer Science student at a private university in Egypt and I just finished my first year(prep Engineering), I don't feel I can tell my family about my realization yet, but it has become a great burden for me to tolerate Egypt and its rules and regulations. I was wondering if somebody knew if it was at all possible to get a scholarship somewhere nice abroad for a budget of around ~50k-60k EGP max per year, I'd prefer something in the UK as it was where I lived as a child before being taken back to Om El Donya so that we won't have "boyfriends" and "girlfriends", 3ashan manbozsh. Coincidentally, the UK is also where I have most of my online best friends who have been very welcoming of the idea of my moving to the UK. Sadly, I have looked for lots of things in the UK and all the universities seem to be incredibly expensive, hence why I would be okay with anywhere decent outside the Middle East. I have no clue whether I would have to repeat my first year or not, or whether universities abroad are just 4 years without a prep year, or neither.

Anyways, I know I have made this quite long, thank you for reading this, and thanks for any and all comments in advance.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #1 - July 13, 2014, 02:54 PM

Welcome!  parrot
     Reply #2 - July 13, 2014, 03:07 PM

Welcome to CEMB. Have a parrot. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - July 13, 2014, 03:15 PM

Hi xtremestr,

That is a lot of realisations pouring out just a few days after deciding Islam isn't for you Cheesy

I believe Egypt is a particular hard place to not being a believer.

Hopefully some of the others can give you some sound advice on your education and hopefully return to the UK.

As I am in Denmark piggy for you piggy

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #4 - July 13, 2014, 03:44 PM

Welcome  parrot

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
     Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
     Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
     Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God." - Epicurus
     Reply #5 - July 13, 2014, 03:54 PM

Welcome parrot 

Have you considered waiting it out? Finishing your studies and then looking for work abroad. It'd require a great deal of patience and it's not always easy faking Islam but it gets easier with time (I've been at it for almost 2 years, trust me). I feel that may be more doable than transferring overseas if you're not mega rich.

Good luck Smiley 
     Reply #6 - July 13, 2014, 04:53 PM

I would like to thank Saif Rahman and his videos for being truly inspiring, interesting, and convincing.

Which videos? Could you post links please?

And Welcome.  Smiley
     Reply #7 - July 13, 2014, 07:53 PM

Have you considered waiting it out? Finishing your studies and then looking for work abroad. It'd require a great deal of patience and it's not always easy faking Islam but it gets easier with time (I've been at it for almost 2 years, trust me). I feel that may be more doable than transferring overseas if you're not mega rich.

It's certainly not impossible, but it would drain every bit it could out of me, it's just been a few weeks now but Egyptians include Allah randomly so much in their speech, along with always including Qur'an and Hadith citations in arguments(or even just conversations!). Staying in Egypt until graduation is what I plan on doing if I am unable on finding anything at all, I just added it to my post on the off-chance that someone might be able to help out ^^

Which videos? Could you post links please?

And Welcome.  Smiley

youtube.com/user/ExMuslimUK/videos

The ones I have particularly watched are all of the Islamist delusion series, and it was amazing.  thnkyu

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #8 - July 13, 2014, 09:04 PM

parrot

Hello, and welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #9 - July 14, 2014, 03:35 PM

It's certainly not impossible, but it would drain every bit it could out of me, it's just been a few weeks now but Egyptians include Allah randomly so much in their speech, along with always including Qur'an and Hadith citations in arguments(or even just conversations!). Staying in Egypt until graduation is what I plan on doing if I am unable on finding anything at all, I just added it to my post on the off-chance that someone might be able to help out ^^

Okay then. Hopefully someone else will have better advice Smiley
     Reply #10 - July 14, 2014, 03:50 PM

Welcome!!  parrot
    I weirdly found all my doubts surfacing around Ramadhan time. Quite ironic.

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
     Reply #11 - July 16, 2014, 12:28 AM

|

Yupp, same here. Must have been my stomach doing all of the thinking.
     Reply #12 - July 16, 2014, 12:33 AM

haha must be! I've not fasted once this entire Ramadan (which is surprisingly going down well with everyone in my family).

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
     Reply #13 - July 16, 2014, 12:34 AM

Oh, I have. Just to keep my family quiet about it all. It is good that your family are cool with it.
     Reply #14 - July 16, 2014, 12:54 AM

Do you sneak food around and stuff? I think they're only cool with it because I'm quite young but who knows

Reply #15 - July 16, 2014, 12:58 AM

I don't. I took the day off today (well I broke my fast late afternoon) because I wanted to spend some time with my girlfriend and actually go out without feeling like utter shit. Obviously I didn't tell my parents that I broke my fast early.

But meh, a lot of people in the UK are dissatisfied with the 19 hour fast and are going by their own rules by cutting it down to 16.

I did 14, so take that Al(lah).
     Reply #16 - July 16, 2014, 01:06 AM

Cheesy "Al" I could never fast that long. Not without my beloved water.

Reply #17 - July 16, 2014, 03:39 AM

I havent fasted.   I told them I would rather give money to needed family members back home than starve myself and pretend to understand their plight while knowing I have a big meal waiting for me. 

It got silent but no one said anything.

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
     Reply #18 - July 16, 2014, 07:49 PM

you said the truth though!

Reply #19 - July 16, 2014, 11:52 PM

Glad you had all those realizations, xtremestr! It all seems so obvious, yet so many Muslims continue to fall for it.

Anyway, welcome  parrot
     Reply #20 - July 17, 2014, 12:05 AM

I havent fasted.   I told them I would rather give money to needed family members back home than starve myself and pretend to understand their plight while knowing I have a big meal waiting for me. 

It got silent but no one said anything.

That was a meaningful silence. What can you say to the truth?

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #21 - July 17, 2014, 03:36 AM

Welcome to the forum xtremestr. Have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #22 - July 18, 2014, 07:41 PM

I think you may find some one like you to be friend, An Egyptian in your area who also have left Islam perhaps in the same university,you should look you may be surprised how many people taking the same journey of thought as you, Making friends with ex Muslims who you can actually meet not just talk on the internet will do you a world of good to your mental health.

I come across people who ask me if I fasting (perhaps i look like a typical Moroccan people assume have a Muslim background).when i reply No i am agnostic some say that they are too.Its usually Lebanese some Iranians
    but i would love too meet a Moroccan in my area .The reason why its so important meeting some one who is a ex muslim from country of origin feels like you have almost taken the same journey and have similar experience and you could relate more and feel less alone since we are always sucked into the community that will shun you if they knew how you feel about Islam.

If there is any Moroccan ex Muslim in west London or any part of London ?
    i would like to meet up with you ,  I also include Algerians ex Muslim aswell.
     Reply #23 - July 18, 2014, 09:30 PM

Yaay, another Egyptian!

Welcome Smiley

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #24 - July 19, 2014, 03:08 PM

Welcome! parrot

I think you may find some one like you to be friend, An Egyptian in your area who also have left Islam perhaps in the same university,you should look you may be surprised how many people taking the same journey of thought as you, Making friends with ex Muslims who you can actually meet not just talk on the internet will do you a world of good to your mental health.

I come across people who ask me if I fasting (perhaps i look like a typical Moroccan people assume have a Muslim background).when i reply No i am agnostic some say that they are too.Its usually Lebanese some Iranians
    but i would love too meet a Moroccan in my area .The reason why its so important meeting some one who is a ex muslim from country of origin feels like you have almost taken the same journey and have similar experience and you could relate more and feel less alone since we are always sucked into the community that will shun you if they knew how you feel about Islam.

If there is any Moroccan ex Muslim in west London or any part of London ?
    i would like to meet up with you ,  I also include Algerians ex Muslim aswell.

Darn. I was hoping you'd say Holland but nope.

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
     Reply #25 - July 19, 2014, 03:36 PM

And egyptians? XD

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »