Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Converting in to Islam, The stories from other side..

(Read 4934 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Converting in to Islam, The stories from other side..
     OP - July 12, 2014, 09:23 PM

I often read these stories  that are published in news papers.. This is about the people who converted in to Islam..

http://www.arabnews.com/news/599951

I left everything for my new faith

Kavita, nicknamed Poonam, belonged to a family associated with India’s extremist Hindu organization, Shiv Sena. Now Nur Fatima, she describes the ordeal that she had to pass through while embracing Islam.

I WAS born in Mumbai and I am 30. But I consider myself as a five-year-old because my knowledge about Islam is not more than a five-year-old kid’s knowledge.

After schooling from Mumbai, I went to the Cambridge University for higher education. After completing masters, I did computer courses. I attained several degrees but have done nothing for the life Hereafter. This I regret. But I must pay my gratitude to Allah for His blessings in bringing me to truth. It was a highly radical Hindu culture in which I was brought up, where Muslims were severely despised.

I disliked idol worship since my adolescence. I remember once I had removed an idol in my house and put it inside bathroom, which had infuriated my mother. I told her if the idol couldn’t protect itself then what’s the use seeking blessings from it, or bowing before it.

As per a bizarre ritual in our family a girl, when married, had to wash her husband’s feet and then drink the water. I refused to do so when I was married for which I was severely admonished. I would often in the meantime visit a nearby Islamic Center. I learned there that Muslims did not worship idols, and instead they sought blessings from one Almighty God. I liked their views. Their prayers impressed me too.

After marriage I shifted to Bahrain with my husband. This helped me understand Islam. I used to visit a Muslim girl’s house where I learned about the prayers and also about the Holy Qur’an.

I would imitate praying like a Muslim after locking my room. One day I forgot to lock the room and started offering Islamic prayer (Salah) when my husband entered there. He chastised me for doing this. I was afraid, but then I felt a huge power in my inner self that made me courageous enough to face the situation. I cried out that I had converted to Islam so I was offering Salah.

He started to beat me. On hearing the noise my sister reached there and she too became furious after my husband narrated the whole thing. I told them, “I know what is good for me and what is bad. I shall walk on the way I have adopted.” My husband thereafter tortured me due to which I lost my senses.

My two children were home. My elder son was in 9th class and younger son in the 8th. But after this incident I was not allowed to meet anyone. I was locked in a room.

One night when I was there locked in the room, my elder son came to me and burst into tears in my arms. He told me other members of the family had gone outside and no one was at home. He then requested me to escape, for the family was planning to kill me. I told them I didn’t want to leave them (my sons) but he insisted that I must quit the house. “Go away, Mama, they will murder you,” his words still ring in my ears.

At last I decided to leave. I could never forget those moments when my son woke up my other son: “Get up. Mama is leaving. Meet her now for who knows that whether she will meet us again or not.”
    The younger son clung to me and burst into tears. “Mama, are you leaving?” he asked me. “Yes, but don’t worry, we would meet again,” I told him. My both sons were seeing me off on that dark and chilly night. For Islam, I sacrificed my love for my children. Both the children were waving their hands to me with tears in their eyes at the gate. I could never forget those moments. Whenever I recall this scene, I remember the Muslims who had abandoned their homes and families for Islam.

My injuries were fresh; I was unable to walk on foot. However, I somehow managed to reach straight to the police station. A police officer, who knew English, consoled me after I narrated the story and my wish to embrace Islam. He assured me of all help and took me to his family and provided me shelter in his home. The next day my husband came to know that I was in police protection. He insisted that I accompanied him home and threatened me. I refused to go with him and said he instead could take all my jewelry, bank balance and property. After having failed to convince me, he got a written statement to obtain all my belongings.

The officer treated me like his sister. I could never forget his favor. I thanked him and went to a hospital for treatment as my whole body was wounded. I remained in the hospital for some time. Once a doctor queried about my why no one from your family visited me at hospital. I did not reply. For, I had left my house in search of only one thing — Truth. Now I neither had any home nor any family. My only relation was Islam, which had extended me affection on the very first step.

After the hospital discharged me, I straightaway went to an Islamic center. I met an elderly person there to whom I narrated my account. He hesitated for some moments and then said: “Daughter! This sari is not the appropriate dress. Wear head scarf and clad yourself like Muslims.” Later, he taught me how to perform ablution. He made me recite the Kalima and then gave me the initial basic knowledge about Muslims and Islam. I was neither anxious nor feeling any burden on my mind. I was feeling myself very light. I felt like I had swum from polluted to clean waters.

The owner of this center where I had embraced Islam adopted me as his daughter and took me to his home. Later, he arranged my marriage in a Muslim family. My first desire was to see the “House of Allah.” And then I performed Umrah.

I never thereafter went to India not I intend to go there. My family has strong political links as well as has connections with extremist Hindu organizations there. I learned they have vowed head money for me. I am a Muslim now and I am proud to be so. I want to lead the rest of my life in the light of Islam.

We have been told that they were oppressors who had crossed every limit of oppression. We were made to hate them. But now I have come across the truth and have love for them. I offer prayers for their success in every Namaz. I also pray to Allah that if He blesses me with sons I shall love to see them lined up as mujahid. I shall devote them for the glory of Islam. Inshallah.

Courtesy of www.islamway.com

That is another side of story and it comes from India..I guess the lady migrated to Bahrain with her husband before she converted to Islam.. 

Well does she need to really marry a guy again??   .. she already had two sons.. two kids...  She  could have spend all her time for allah and for the glory of Islam instead of wasting part of her time to her new Husband..   Anyways you have these wife beating  stories from that side also..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - July 12, 2014, 11:03 PM

Yes, unfortunately wife beating knows not religion or borders, nor class.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #2 - July 13, 2014, 02:57 AM

Good for her that she could successfully divorce and obtain all her property,  as well as get financial and practical help fleeing an abusive husband.

Now we can only hope these rights can be given to those who flee from their MUSLIM husbands, or those who leave Islam like she left Hinduism...

But that is maybe way too much to ask?

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #3 - July 13, 2014, 08:30 AM

She walked out on her kids for Islam?

Fucking disgusting.

My mother left me when I was 4, that is a scar I have yet to recover from. 

I find nothing to respect in this story. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #4 - July 13, 2014, 08:40 AM

I said it in another thread recently. You are expected to leave everything and everyone behind for the sake of allah and Islam. It's "my way or the highway", and "either you are with us or against us".

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #5 - July 13, 2014, 08:55 AM

That's true, i was told to forget my family and my mum.. because she's not muslim, not important  :(   the result was many lost years between us..   Islam is so f***ed up
     Reply #6 - July 13, 2014, 08:59 AM

It is a Cult, no more no less than a Cult if people expect people to shut off contact with others.
     Reply #7 - July 13, 2014, 09:07 AM

It's a tradition that has it's root in the first generation Muslims. Not only did they kill their fathers and sons in battle, but one of Mo's wife wouldn't even permit her father to sit down in her house before Mo gave permission; "you are a mushrik".

The whole al walaa wal baraa' ideology is disgusting.

Reply #8 - July 13, 2014, 09:13 AM

Very culty!
     Reply #9 - July 13, 2014, 09:15 AM

Lol reminds me, when my non muslim sis used to visit my ex would call her a disgusting prostitute (behind her back)  because she has big breasts and always showed her clevage, he had a "special" tea cup set aside for her in the cupboard for visits, because her mouth was dirty and diseased from doing oral sex lol.. Hilarious..
     Reply #10 - July 13, 2014, 09:16 AM

Islam, like every religion, started out as a cult. Islam's problem is that it didn't evolve and go on in the sense other major religions have, so they are very much still strongly holding on to ideas and practices that were part of its "cult-period". It's the whole "Islam unchanged" and "Quran word of god" thing that partly holds the blame.

Reply #11 - July 13, 2014, 09:43 AM

Lol reminds me, when my non muslim sis used to visit my ex would call her a disgusting prostitute (behind her back)  because she has big breasts and always showed her clevage, he had a "special" tea cup set aside for her in the cupboard for visits, because her mouth was dirty and diseased from doing oral sex lol.. Hilarious..

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  What the actual fuck.  How stupid is that, you can dip a fly wing to cure a drink, use sand/dirt to clean yourself for prayer, eat from the same plate as a dog once it has been washed 7 times, but you need a totally different drinking cup for a non muslim dirty woman? 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #12 - July 13, 2014, 10:11 AM

As per a bizarre ritual in our family a girl, when married, had to wash her husband’s feet and then drink the water.

What the actual fuck? vomit
     Reply #13 - July 13, 2014, 10:48 AM

Yeah, that is totally not OK you know. It just shows how "pure" and fitrah like this woman was mashallah. But wait.... aren't Muslim women supposed to make sujood for their husbands and lick the puss off of their entire body... and STILL not being able to repay them for everything they do...

What the fuck is it that our men do for us that we are eternally in debt to them?

Reply #14 - July 13, 2014, 10:51 AM

he had a "special" tea cup set aside for her in the cupboard for visits, because her mouth was dirty and diseased from doing oral sex

Aids: The Early Years.
     Reply #15 - July 13, 2014, 11:00 AM

^it was to do with quran, some muslims think the right hand and the mouth should be left pure for holding and rectial of Allah's word..
     Reply #16 - July 13, 2014, 11:02 AM

OK so I presume that your ex husband didn't like oral sex because he thought it to be haram Roll Eyes Perhaps he should be redirected to our popular thread "are blow jobs halal" Grin

Reply #17 - July 13, 2014, 11:12 AM

Yeah..   not that i care what he does,  just his loss  lol 

: )  xxx
     Reply #18 - July 13, 2014, 11:37 AM

I genuinely find the idea of never having a blowjob again upsetting.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #19 - July 13, 2014, 01:16 PM

These stories are truly sickening.  vomit

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #20 - July 13, 2014, 11:37 PM

The only thing about Poonam's story that I find devastating was how she was treated by her family and husband. It's great that she got the support she needed regardless of whether she left a religion or joined one.

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
     Reply #21 - July 14, 2014, 12:15 AM

I find leaving her children to be horrifying. Better she take them with her, and convert them if necessary, than leaving them. How the hell a mother can leave her kids with someone who beats people who don't do their bidding is so far beyond my comprehension that I am pissed at her when I don't know her from Adam.

Reply #22 - July 14, 2014, 12:21 AM

I can see where you're coming from there. I see no reason why she couldn't take her children with her, it would have been better in the long run for them if she did. But maybe there's more to the story, who knows.

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
     Reply #23 - July 14, 2014, 12:23 AM

I hope so. There are some men who beat their wives and not their children. Let us hope he is one of those.

Reply #24 - July 14, 2014, 12:27 AM

I hope so too.

Reply #25 - July 14, 2014, 11:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQoP2QbldCE

hmm fascinating rituals, a good method of brain washing

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »