Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Anyone from the UK?

(Read 17551 times)
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Anyone from the UK?
     OP - July 07, 2014, 02:10 AM

Hello everyone,,
    just thought it'd be interesting to see how many of you are from the UK (I'd also like to see where everyone is from around the world). I'm sure most of you wouldn't want to state exactly where you're from but that's fine:) I'm from the northern part of England *cue strong yorkshire accent* and I live in quite a diverse city though the area in which I live is dominantly South Asian with most of the Muslim faith. Gets awkward if i'm honest.
    how about everyone else ?  victory

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #1 - July 07, 2014, 02:22 AM

Lots of members here are, I believe! As for me, I'm across the sea in the states.  yes
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #2 - July 07, 2014, 02:31 AM

ah, that's rather cool! (in my eyes anyway)
    also, totally off topic but may I ask what your username is about because all I can think of when I see it is a song title by this band called Bright Eyes. That, or the moon  Tongue

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #3 - July 07, 2014, 02:47 AM

It's pretty quiet in my state, nothing to write home about. The most fun you can have might be leaving my state to cross into New York...

I've been asked that a lot lately! I'm just not very creative, and I rearranged the first few letters of my last name. Grin
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #4 - July 07, 2014, 02:50 AM

At least you have a vibrant state/city near you. 98% of the UK is pretty much bland with litter everywhere.

hahah quite a happy accident!

• Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #5 - July 07, 2014, 02:58 AM

Seriously, I've got to put more thought into it next time lest I piece together a name horribly offensive in another language...thank God it's just the moon.

Also, my sister's about to move to the London area for law school. She's used to bland, but not litter everywhere! I wonder how she'll like it. Grin
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #6 - July 07, 2014, 03:03 AM

Cheesy lua's lovely so far
    and London's quite nice, I'm assuming she'll be around central london which is great albeit expensive

• Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #7 - July 07, 2014, 03:12 AM

Smiley By the way, did I welcome you? I might have missed your intro thread, so welcome! Great to have you here.  parrot

I actually have no idea precisely where she'll be, she just made the decision this summer and I keep forgetting to ask the school name. I'm sure she'll like it either way. Like I told David back when she lived in Japan, if you see a kid with short green hair and a foreign accent, say hi, that's probably the sister.  Afro
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #8 - July 07, 2014, 03:34 AM

It seems like many of the people on this site are from the UK and are of Pakistani/Indian descent...I'm in the United States....are there any people of Lebanese heritage? This site helps a lot for dealing with being an ex-Muslim...but I find culture wise there are many things I can't relate to...

"You're time is limited. Don't waste it by living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other people's opinions drown out your own inner voice. -Steve Jobs
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #9 - July 07, 2014, 06:19 AM

Me. London.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #10 - July 07, 2014, 08:10 AM

Nottinghamshire.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #11 - July 07, 2014, 10:47 AM

Grew up in North London (come on you Spurs!), though I'm currently living in Oxford.
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #12 - July 07, 2014, 11:56 AM

I'm from East London.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

• Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #13 - July 07, 2014, 11:59 AM

At least you have a vibrant state/city near you. 98% of the UK is pretty much bland with litter everywhere.

hahah quite a happy accident!

You must be living in an alternate Britain to me.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #14 - July 07, 2014, 12:11 PM

Birminghammmmm

free |frē| - Not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes.
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #15 - July 07, 2014, 12:22 PM

Birminghammmmm

Alabama.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwWUOmk7wO0&feature=kp
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #16 - July 07, 2014, 12:53 PM

You must be living in an alternate Britain to me.

People always go on about how dirty and overrated London is.
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #17 - July 07, 2014, 01:33 PM

From the Rainy and Windy London
    And I hate the essex accent.
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #18 - July 07, 2014, 02:26 PM

Central London...soon.
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #19 - July 07, 2014, 02:32 PM

Not originally from the UK but I live in Birmingham Smiley
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #20 - July 07, 2014, 02:34 PM

I'm from East London. Romford to be exact, though I grew up in Harold Hill.
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #21 - July 07, 2014, 05:59 PM

From the North cool2

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
     Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
     Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
     Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God." - Epicurus
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #22 - July 07, 2014, 06:27 PM

I'm a Manchesterstani

Late Eid Mubarak, Where's my eidee present ?
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #23 - July 07, 2014, 07:09 PM

I have muslim/pakistani friends in manchester

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #24 - July 07, 2014, 07:28 PM

From the North cool2

Fellow northerner.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #25 - July 07, 2014, 07:37 PM

Smiley By the way, did I welcome you? I might have missed your intro thread, so welcome! Great to have you here.  parrot

I actually have no idea precisely where she'll be, she just made the decision this summer and I keep forgetting to ask the school name. I'm sure she'll like it either way. Like I told David back when she lived in Japan, if you see a kid with short green hair and a foreign accent, say hi, that's probably the sister.  Afro

Thank you! Ive received many parrots so far
    And if im ever in london ill keep a lookout :p

• Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #26 - July 07, 2014, 07:40 PM

People always go on about how dirty and overrated London is. I was shocked at how awesome it was when I went. Amsterdam was a lot grittier.

Londons amazing, a lot of places are but once you get out of the city it gets quite dull. Depends where youre from really. Ive always wanted to go to Amsterdam *sighs*

• Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #27 - July 07, 2014, 07:42 PM

Fellow northerner.

Afro  grin12

• Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #28 - July 07, 2014, 08:36 PM

Londons amazing, a lot of places are but once you get out of the city it gets quite dull. Depends where youre from really. Ive always wanted to go to Amsterdam *sighs*

I've lost my heart to Amsterdam. It is a great city to live. I wish to grow old here.

I've been to London once, I really liked it and hope to visit again for longer!

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • Anyone from the UK?
     Reply #29 - July 07, 2014, 08:47 PM

UK, just out of London. Not an exxie!
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »