Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Bigmo in the house

(Read 23597 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #150 - July 13, 2014, 11:35 PM

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #151 - July 13, 2014, 11:35 PM

I would further age marriage between a 50 year old man, Mo and even a 20 year old was strongly opposed in the Talmud

http://www.come-and-hear.com/sanhedrin/sanhedrin_76
    http://www.come-and-hear.com/yebamoth/yebamoth_44.html
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #152 - July 13, 2014, 11:38 PM

Grin Haven't seen you around in a while, Qtian! Or maybe we've just been ships in the night?

I've just been busy with work lua, how have you been?

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #153 - July 13, 2014, 11:41 PM

Hope it's going well! As for me, not bad. We moved without much incident, but more surprisingly, we are now a Ramadan-free household. It just didn't happen in time to help much on moving day. Grin
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #154 - July 13, 2014, 11:45 PM

I'm glad to hear that you're still mobile after the furniture struggle Tongue
    Ooh, did you manage to get him to change his mind about Ramadan?

I had to move a few things over the weekend, I have two broken fingers so carrying 40kg items by myself wasn't too clever but I managed to get it done.

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #155 - July 13, 2014, 11:51 PM

Ouch, that sucks, sorry to hear about your fingers!

And I didn't, just out of the blue he decided it wasn't important. Works for me.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #156 - July 13, 2014, 11:54 PM

Fair enough lol.
    It seems that Ramadan is correlated with an influx in CEMB membership.

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #157 - July 13, 2014, 11:54 PM

Doubting Tomas said it would, and sure enough, look at all the active new members!
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #158 - July 13, 2014, 11:57 PM

parrot

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #159 - July 14, 2014, 12:44 PM

Firstly, what is so patronizing about holding you to the standard you claim for yourself? Your job as a Quranist is to uphold the Quran without inventing nonsense like every eligible woman has to have the mental maturity to understand the Quran before you sleep with her.

Secondly, if I only have to show you the level of respect you showed me, I think we're still fine. I was polite to you in the beginning, and your immediate response was to be "patronizing" to me, and ever since then I've seen you do little but ignore me and other members, unless you get it in your head to harass and bully a particular one. If this is your idea of respect, no wonder you have a problem with how we're receiving you here. Grin

Finally, you did not prove your point at all with your lazy explanation. You made a giant leap because you want it to be true. If I still believed in God, I'd be more careful than to make things up like that and pass it off as His words. The Quran was clearly addressing the men with those verses, and the commands of marriage are primarily for the man to know and enforce, and it says nothing about the woman/girl he chooses for marriage being at the age where they understand the Quran. 

Why do you have to say "nonsense" and "silly" and stuff like that. Just say I disagree with you. See how easy it is.

I have been doing this a very long time so don't convince yourself tht I don't know what I am talking about. Unlike Muslims you don't have a Sunnah or abrogation to counter. Taking the Quran at face value I am saying what the Quran is saying.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #160 - July 14, 2014, 12:47 PM

I would further age marriage between a 50 year old man, Mo and even a 20 year old was strongly opposed in the Talmud

http://www.come-and-hear.com/sanhedrin/sanhedrin_76
    http://www.come-and-hear.com/yebamoth/yebamoth_44.html

MISHNAH. A MAN WHO REMARRIED HIS DIVORCED WIFE,31  OR MARRIED HIS HALUZAH, OR MARRIED THE RELATIVE OF HIS HALUZAH MUST DIVORCE HER, AND THE CHILD32  IS A BASTARD; THESE ARE THE WORDS OF R. AKIBA. BUT THE SAGES SAID: THE CHILD IS NOT A BASTARD. THEY AGREE, HOWEVER, THAT WHERE A MAN MARRIED THE RELATIVE OF HIS DIVORCEE THE CHILD32  IS A BASTARD.

The Quran does not recognize something called a bastard. Ever child has his own deeds. This is eastern societies where an individual is judged by his family and clan. I said before the Quran looks at individuals.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #161 - July 14, 2014, 12:50 PM

I understood far more complex ideas when I was 10 than the simple ideas of married presented in the Quran. More so this creates an issue. Since by your own words many do not understand marriage in the proper context as you have. Their marriages are invalid as are their claims to maturity. Also by this ignorance many husbands have committed acts of rape and unlawful marriage as their wives were ignorant of the above thus lawfully unable to consent to marriage.

If you were a librarian and had to categorize the age criteria for the Quran what age would you put it at?

The Quran talks about contracts and oaths. So what age would you consider a person can be held liable for a contract and an oath?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #162 - July 14, 2014, 01:34 PM

Why do you have to say "nonsense" and "silly" and stuff like that. Just say I disagree with you. See how easy it is.

I have been doing this a very long time so don't convince yourself tht I don't know what I am talking about. Unlike Muslims you don't have a Sunnah or abrogation to counter. Taking the Quran at face value I am saying what the Quran is saying.

Again, you're having a hard time realizing the difference between having your ideas insulted and your person insulted. What you said is nonsense, and that is silly. You've given absolutely no evidence that what you say is true except a weak and frankly lazy explanation.

You are not taking the Quran at face value. You're just making stuff up with this "movie age" criteria for marriage. Or you simply cannot understand what you read. And the amount of time you've wasted doing this stuff doesn't make you any more correct. That's not how truth works, bigmo.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #163 - July 14, 2014, 05:35 PM

If you were a librarian and had to categorize the age criteria for the Quran what age would you put it at?

The Quran talks about contracts and oaths. So what age would you consider a person can be held liable for a contract and an oath?

Another point is the Quran talks about consumption of alcohol and says to beware of some of its influences. What age can we trust someone with alcohol? It also talks about  war and fighting. What is the minimum age we can let people join armies and go to war.

Obviously 9 or 13 years old is simply too young. No contract can be enforced on a 13 year old because they lack the mental maturity. A 13 years old can not even open a bank account and write cheques.

Looking at the world today the youngest age for any of these responsibilities to be made binding on someone and  legal is 17 years old or more.

So from a Koranist point of view the hadith or fairy tale about Muhammad marrying some 9 years old is simply not Quranic. The hadith itself concerning that issue is therefore irrelevant to a Quranist.

Some Sunnis also question that hadith but they rely on other hadith acounts. Shias also do not believe in that hadith and do not believe Aisha married when she was 9. Yet they still allow child marriage, they simply attributed that tradition to another personality.

As Quranist we don't care about what other hadith accounts say. We look at the Quran and what it says. If it agrees with the Quran then only can we look at it. If not then we throw it in the trash.

Anyways child marriage Quranically is rape and oppression.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #164 - July 14, 2014, 06:21 PM

Based on my reading level or the average of children. If based on my reading level age 8. For other children 10+. I was reading the Bible when I was in grade 4, by the time I was in grade 5 I was reading Lord of the Rings and other full length novel series of a 700 pages or more per book. However I was never an average child. Which is a reason I find comprehension of the Quran to be a ridiculous standard of maturity.

For contacts, 16. By this age people have/had jobs so have even the most basic understand of work contacts.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #165 - July 14, 2014, 06:31 PM

Another point is the Quran talks about consumption of alcohol and says to beware of some of its influences. What age can we trust someone with alcohol? It also talks about  war and fighting. What is the minimum age we can let people join armies and go to war.

Obviously 9 or 13 years old is simply too young. No contract can be enforced on a 13 year old because they lack the mental maturity. A 13 years old can not even open a bank account and write cheques.

Looking at the world today the youngest age for any of these responsibilities to be made binding on someone and  legal is 17 years old or more.

So from a Koranist point of view the hadith or fairy tale about Muhammad marrying some 9 years old is simply not Quranic. The hadith itself concerning that issue is therefore irrelevant to a Quranist.

Some Sunnis also question that hadith but they rely on other hadith acounts. Shias also do not believe in that hadith and do not believe Aisha married when she was 9. Yet they still allow child marriage, they simply attributed that tradition to another personality.

As Quranist we don't care about what other hadith accounts say. We look at the Quran and what it says. If it agrees with the Quran then only can we look at it. If not then we throw it in the trash.

I do not trust anyone with alcohol at any age. However this is based on personal experience. While I do not mind if other people experience their right to drink I think penalties for crimes while intoxicate are too light.

For war 18. Despite sexual maturity finishing at a younger age physical changes to the body are not finished for a number of years. Someone say 16 is more likely to be weaker and smaller than someone over 18. This gives an advantage in combat over someone still developing their physical height, strength and mass. I am putting this into context of levy, draft or voluntary service in which a person has no combat training prior to joining the military. Proper training last at least a year based on testimony from friends in the military.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #166 - July 14, 2014, 06:42 PM

Bigmo - you've contradicted yourself several times when in the first instance you tried to justify child rape based upon maturity level and then when the redundancy of your argument was made plain to you, you've backtracked and state that such a 'fairytale' is not in the Koran.

What else is the fairytale? Is Khadija mentioned in the Koran? The Dajjal is neither. Nor is Bahira the Monk. Countless Islamic things are not mentioned in the Koran. The Koran is incomplete...but you are a Koranist therefore you are only a fraction of a Muslim since to understand the Koran you must consider other source materials.

Even renowned Western scholars of Islam fail to understand the Koran and refer to it as babble (in other words) and say it is incomprehensible without the reference to hadith or tafsir.

What you fail to understand is, if the Koran was so clear we would not be having a debate.

Compare this statement:

'Under no circumstances are you permitted to marry or have sexual relations with a minor. A minor, referring to a child below the age of 16, must focus upon his or her education and seek to widen their knowledge of the world around them. Only after the prescribed age can a person over the age of 16 embark on a marriage contract if they have consented to it. Marrying or engaging in sexual relations with a minor is a heinous crime that is punishable by either imprisonment and fine; community service or state execution. The punishment is dependent upon the severity of the crime. The severity of the crime will be judged by a team of legal experts headed by an impartial judge wo will analyse the evidence and deliver the sentence.'

The above is just off the top of my head and I've written in it 5 minutes after a hard days work (10 hour shift!). This is much clearer and more succint than anything written in the Koran. Eat your heart out Allah!

But the Koran is not so clear at all. That's why you Koranists need tafsir. In fact, Bigmo you are giving tafsir yet you do not realise it. How ironic. You are the best argument against Quran-only-ism.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #167 - July 14, 2014, 07:48 PM

MISHNAH. A MAN WHO REMARRIED HIS DIVORCED WIFE,31  OR MARRIED HIS HALUZAH, OR MARRIED THE RELATIVE OF HIS HALUZAH MUST DIVORCE HER, AND THE CHILD32  IS A BASTARD; THESE ARE THE WORDS OF R. AKIBA. BUT THE SAGES SAID: THE CHILD IS NOT A BASTARD. THEY AGREE, HOWEVER, THAT WHERE A MAN MARRIED THE RELATIVE OF HIS DIVORCEE THE CHILD32  IS A BASTARD.

The Quran does not recognize something called a bastard. Ever child has his own deeds. This is eastern societies where an individual is judged by his family and clan. I said before the Quran looks at individuals.

Again quoting something you have no idea what it means. Frankly speaking you need to stop linking Talmud texts. You are unable or willing to do any research and your knowledge of it or the Torah Laws is appalling. I honestly think you are just copying/pasting this nonsense from an apologist website which itself is clueless of the meaning. If you get your information from fools it only makes you look like one as well....

http://www.come-and-hear.com/yebamoth/yebamoth_44.html#44a_3

First off this is in part of a levirate marriage which is not a normal type of marriage. This goes back to Yibbum which is a type of marriage in which the widow is married to her husband's brother. When the husband is dead the brother(s) have a responsibility to the widow in order to support her. The/a brother can marry her or perform halizah. Halizah is a ceremony in which the brother decides to decline this form of marriage contact. There is a ritual involved as well but I will skip it. This legally allows the widow to marry someone else. The brother is no longer legally obligated to support the widow. The man had the chance to marry the widow but declined so she is now a halizah. However by marrying a halizah of the man this is sidestepping one form of marriage contract for the normal form. This include dowry and property becoming shared property. In other words he is committing fraud by gaining assess to wealth he would not have. In a normal marriage both the groom's and bride's family provide bride price, dowry and dower. This is either a lump sum or wealth in the form of propriety. The families have to pay this twice while never recovering the first dower and dowry as both are retained by the widow. So for example the first marriage's bride price and dowry are 100 dollars total. After the death of the husband the widow retains this 100 dollars. The Yibbum requires no such exchange of wealth. However by rejecting the Yibbum but having a normal marriage both families will have to pay a bride price and dowry again. This price could be more or less than the first marriage depending on wealth and age. So by having a marriage other than Yibbum both parties are receiving wealth they are not entitled to. In other words it is like two parties paying twice for one service.

Yibbum is only preformed in certain situations in which the widow is destitute. There is/are no child(ren) of the dead husband and wife. The brothers must share the same father. The brother is born before the husband's death. The brother is not forbidden to marry the widow; incest for example. Both the brother and widow are capable of having children. The remaining wealth is not sufficient to support the widow for the rest of her life.  In this case the husband was dirt poor anyway. He had no property or money to even cover the widow's allowance. Marriage to a sister-in-law is forbidden except for this case. Thus the verse is a law about an already illegal marriage. It is addressing a possible loophole and making this form illegal as well. Marriage to a daughter-in-law is a forbidden marriage even in Yibbum. So Mo himself had an illegal wedding and changed the rules. Nevermind this though, lets get back to making the Jews look bad...

Being a bastard has social consequences not financial ones in most contexts. The Hebrew word we translate to bastard carries several definition according the the nature of the relationship which produced the child. In this context, a child of an unlawful but otherwise Hebrew union still treated as a full Israelite. He/she has every right granted to an Israelite except for two clauses. A daughter who is a bastard can not marry a priest. A son who a bastard can not become a priest. That is all. Also keep in mind only one tribe were priests so the union would have to involve a Levite father and a Israelite mother.

I would also point of Judaism is not a world religion while Islam is, apples to oranges. You are quoting the equivalent to hadiths, ie secondary sources. Double standard again.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #168 - July 15, 2014, 05:20 PM

A mamzer can not marry a Jew but he can marry a gentile even is that gentile is a convert. A mazer will also bear children who are considered mamzer.

Halakhic definitions[edit]
    The Talmud indicates that the term mamzer applied to the descendants of specific illicit unions. In some cases, where the male parent was a Kohen (a member of the priestly lineage of Aaron) there is a related category called chalal. According to the Mishnah a mamzer is the offspring of a Biblically forbidden union (M.Yebamoth 4, Mishnah 13: "כל שחיבין עליו כרת בידי שמים". According to the Shulhan Arukh a mamzer can only be produced by two Jews (Shulhan Arukh Even haEzer 4:19).

Like many other types of social category, in Judaism the mamzer status is hereditary - a child of a mamzer (whether mother or father) is also a mamzer. However, since these rules are regarded as applying only to Jews, and since traditional Jewish law regards being a Jew as something which is only maternally inheritable, the child of a male mamzer and a non-Jewish woman cannot be a mamzer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamzer

Consequences of the State of Mamzerut

These are twofold and relate to marriage and to personal status.

(1) Marriage. The Bible lays down: "A mamzer shall not enter the congregation of the Lord" (Deut. 23:3), i.e., a marriage between a mamzer (male or female) and a legitimate Jew or Jewess is prohibited. If such a marriage is nevertheless contracted, it is legally valid but must be dissolved by divorce (see *Marriage, Prohibited). A marriage between two mamzerim is permitted (Yev. 45b; Kid. 69a; 74a; Maim., Yad., Issurei Bi'ah 15:33; Sh. Ar., EH 4:24) and so also is a marriage between a mamzer and a proselyte (Yev. 79b; Kid. 67a and Rashi thereto; 72b–73a; Maim., Yad, Issurei Bi'ah 15:7; Sh. Ar., EH 4:22).

(2) Personal status. The offspring of a mamzer (whether male or female) and a legitimate Jew or Jewess are also mamzerim, since "mamzerim… are forbidden and forbidden for all time, whether they are males or females" (Yev. 8:3) and the rule is that in the case of a prohibited union the offspring follows the status of the "defective" parent (Kid. 3:12; see *Yuḥasin). On the other hand, as the offspring of a union between a Jew and a gentile takes the status of the mother, a child born of a mamzer and a gentile mother will be gentile and not a mamzer; thus after proper conversion to Judaism, he will acquire the status of a legitimate proselyte and the fact that his father was a mamzer will be wholly irrelevant (Kid. 67a, Rashi; Maim., Yad, Issurei Bi'ah 15:3; Tur and Beit Yosef, EH 4; Sh. Ar., EH 4:20).

Except with regard to marriage, as stated above, the personal status of a mamzer does not prejudice him in any way. His rights of inheritance are equal to those of any other heir (Yev. 22b; Maim., Yad, Naḥalot 1:7; Sh. Ar., ḤM 276:6). His birth releases his father's wife from the obligation of *levirate marriage and ḥaliẓah. The mamzer is eligible to hold any public office, the highest (i.e., that of a king), for he remains "thy brother" and "from among thy brethren shalt thou set a king over thee" (Deut. 17:15; Tos. to Yev. 45b). Furthermore, according to the Mishnah, "a mamzer who is a scholar [talmid ḥakham] takes precedence over a high priest who is an ignoramus [am ha-areẓ]" (Hor. 3:Cool.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/judaica/ejud_0002_0013_0_13122.html

"and since traditional Jewish law regards being a Jew as something which is only maternally inheritable, the child of a male mamzer and a non-Jewish woman cannot be a mamzer"   wacko

Ethnocentrism at its best.

What this all has to do with what I was saying beats me. I am talking about pedophilia and most of all the age of accountability for a girl. Judaisms and Islam both see physical maturity is all that is needed for a girl since the parents can decide on who she marries. This is not a must but is allowed. Quran does not recognize parental authority in a marriage unless allowed by the girl. That girl has to be able to understand the Quranic verses. The topics covered by the Quran can not be understood by a child below at least 17. There are verses about war and finacial contracts and oaths and other issues that needs mental maturity. This issue I have discussed with Muslims before and they have a hard time understanding this.

This is why you will not find child circumcision in the Quran because a child in the Quran has no religious obligation until he himself can comprehend the Quran and its commands.

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #169 - July 15, 2014, 05:26 PM

I do not trust anyone with alcohol at any age. However this is based on personal experience. While I do not mind if other people experience their right to drink I think penalties for crimes while intoxicate are too light.

For war 18. Despite sexual maturity finishing at a younger age physical changes to the body are not finished for a number of years. Someone say 16 is more likely to be weaker and smaller than someone over 18. This gives an advantage in combat over someone still developing their physical height, strength and mass. I am putting this into context of levy, draft or voluntary service in which a person has no combat training prior to joining the military. Proper training last at least a year based on testimony from friends in the military.

Good point. But i hope you all see what I mean. The Quran is not designed for a 9 or 13 year old.

Sunni Islam evolved in a such a way that all authority has to go to the prophet himself. Hence then need toe stablish to validity of child marriage by attributing that tradition to Muhammad himself.  Either Muhammad said it or did can only become law. Shia Islam accepted other authorities besides the prophet. So they did not have to establish all their traditions to him personally. While Judaisma allowed for Rabbinic influences.

This was not always the case in early Islam but Al Shafi established that criteria that every tradition has to go back to Muhammad himself. It was mainly after Al Shafi that the compilation of hadiths took place with all traditions tracing themselves back o Muhamad himself.

In the all the sects of Islam and Judaism allowed child marriage, but how they established that legalism differed. Hadiths are not a biographic account, they are legal traditions designed to establish Islamic law. For that to succeed they needed two main things.

1. That the Sunnah is a legislative authority
    2. That it can abrogate the Quranic commands.

No Quranist will ever accept that. Only the Quran is binding and nothing on Earth for a Quranist can abrogate any Quranic command.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #170 - July 15, 2014, 05:41 PM

Bigmo, have you seen this yet:

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=26819.0

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #171 - July 15, 2014, 06:49 PM

"Bigmo, have you seen this yet:

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=26819.0"

Yes I have and was asked about this. I said I will start a debate in a day or two as I am currently busy. I made some comment about this in the Koran and homosexuality thread.

Take care for now.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #172 - July 15, 2014, 07:18 PM

Take care for now.

You too, Bigmo Smiley
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #173 - July 18, 2014, 12:52 AM

TL:DR

You are wrong again and actually prove your own religion is a man-made myth by your own argument from the Talmud. Congratulations.

A mamzer can not marry a Jew but he can marry a gentile even is that gentile is a convert. A mazer will also bear children who are considered mamzer.

Halakhic definitions[edit]
    The Talmud indicates that the term mamzer applied to the descendants of specific illicit unions. In some cases, where the male parent was a Kohen (a member of the priestly lineage of Aaron) there is a related category called chalal. According to the Mishnah a mamzer is the offspring of a Biblically forbidden union (M.Yebamoth 4, Mishnah 13: "כל שחיבין עליו כרת בידי שמים". According to the Shulhan Arukh a mamzer can only be produced by two Jews (Shulhan Arukh Even haEzer 4:19).

Like many other types of social category, in Judaism the mamzer status is hereditary - a child of a mamzer (whether mother or father) is also a mamzer. However, since these rules are regarded as applying only to Jews, and since traditional Jewish law regards being a Jewish as something which is only maternally inheritable, the child of a male mamzer and a non-Jewish woman cannot be a mamzer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamzer

Consequences of the State of Mamzerut

These are twofold and relate to marriage and to personal status.

(1) Marriage. The Bible lays down: "A mamzer shall not enter the congregation of the Lord" (Deut. 23:3), i.e., a marriage between a mamzer (male or female) and a legitimate Jew or Jewess is prohibited. If such a marriage is nevertheless contracted, it is legally valid but must be dissolved by divorce (see *Marriage, Prohibited). A marriage between two mamzerim is permitted (Yev. 45b; Kid. 69a; 74a; Maim., Yad., Issurei Bi'ah 15:33; Sh. Ar., EH 4:24) and so also is a marriage between a mamzer and a proselyte (Yev. 79b; Kid. 67a and Rashi thereto; 72b–73a; Maim., Yad, Issurei Bi'ah 15:7; Sh. Ar., EH 4:22).

(2) Personal status. The offspring of a mamzer (whether male or female) and a legitimate Jew or Jewess are also mamzerim, since "mamzerim… are forbidden and forbidden for all time, whether they are males or females" (Yev. 8:3) and the rule is that in the case of a prohibited union the offspring follows the status of the "defective" parent (Kid. 3:12; see *Yuḥasin). On the other hand, as the offspring of a union between a Jew and a gentile takes the status of the mother, a child born of a mamzer and a gentile mother will be gentile and not a mamzer; thus after proper conversion to Judaism, he will acquire the status of a legitimate proselyte and the fact that his father was a mamzer will be wholly irrelevant (Kid. 67a, Rashi; Maim., Yad, Issurei Bi'ah 15:3; Tur and Beit Yosef, EH 4; Sh. Ar., EH 4:20).

Except with regard to marriage, as stated above, the personal status of a mamzer does not prejudice him in any way. His rights of inheritance are equal to those of any other heir (Yev. 22b; Maim., Yad, Naḥalot 1:7; Sh. Ar., ḤM 276:6). His birth releases his father's wife from the obligation of *levirate marriage and ḥaliẓah. The mamzer is eligible to hold any public office, the highest (i.e., that of a king), for he remains "thy brother" and "from among thy brethren shalt thou set a king over thee" (Deut. 17:15; Tos. to Yev. 45b). Furthermore, according to the Mishnah, "a mamzer who is a scholar [talmid ḥakham] takes precedence over a high priest who is an ignoramus [am ha-areẓ]" (Hor. 3:Cool.

"and since traditional Jewish law regards being a Jew as something which is only maternally inheritable, the child of a male mamzer and a non-Jewish woman cannot be a mamzer"   wacko

Ethnocentrism at its best.

What this all has to do with what I was saying beats me. I am talking about pedophilia and most of all the age of accountability for a girl. Judaisms and Islam both see physical maturity is all that is needed for a girl since the parents can decide on who she marries. This is not a must but is allowed. Quran does not recognize parental authority in a marriage unless allowed by the girl. That girl has to be able to understand the Quranic verses. The topics covered by the Quran can not be understood by a child below at least 17. There are verses about war and finacial contracts and oaths and other issues that needs mental maturity. This issue I have discussed with Muslims before and they have a hard time understanding this.

This is why you will not find child circumcision in the Quran because a child in the Quran has no religious obligation until he himself can comprehend the Quran and its commands.

Sorry I missed this post.

http://www.come-and-hear.com/tglossary.html#M

The law is clearly established, in this Tractate and elsewhere, that the penalty of kareth is incurred when a transgression — one of the thirty-six cited in the opening Mishnah of this Tractate — is committed deliberately without any previous warning. If the transgression was committed deliberately, after the warning of witnesses, the offender is liable in some of the cases to the death penalty, and in others, to forty stripes. [< Introduction to Tractate Kerithoth by the translator, Rabbi Dr. I. Porusch, Ph. D., Tractate Kerithoth, page v.]

Definition

"If she cannot contract a legally valid marriage to this man, but can contract a legally valid marriage to others, her offspring [from the former] is a mamzer. Such is the case when a man has sexual relations with any of the ervot ["forbidden"; see *Incest] in the Torah" (Kid. 3:12; cf. Yev. 4:13). Thus, a mamzer is the issue of a couple whose sexual relationship is forbidden according to the Torah and punishable by *karet or death. Because of this a marriage between them is void (Sh. Ar., EH 4:13), and thus, for example, the issue of a union between brother and sister or between a man and a woman validly married to another at the time is a mamzer (see *Adultery; Yev. 45b; Maim., Yad, Issurei Bi'ah 15:1; Tur and Beit Yosef, EH 4; Sh. Ar., EH 4:13). On the other hand, in Jewish law – unlike in other systems of law – the mere fact that a child is born (or conceived) out of lawful wedlock does not make him a mamzer and he is not an illegitimate child, i.e., one whose status or rights are impaired. The parents of the mamzer are indeed unmarried – either in fact or since they are so considered in law because of an absolute legal bar to a marriage between them – but unlike a man and a woman who, from the legal point of view, can marry each other but do not want to, the parents of the mamzer, owing to the said legal bar, cannot marry each other even if they want to. If one parent is non-Jewish this fact alone does not make the child a mamzer (see *Marriage; Yev. 45b; Maim., Yad, Issurei Bi'ah 15:3; Tur, EH 4; Sh. Ar., EH 4:19).

http://www.come-and-hear.com/tglossary.html#KARETH

A child born from a union prohibited under penalty of death or kareth.

Sexual intercourse with one's mother
    Sexual intercourse with one's father's wife
    Sexual intercourse with one's son's wife
    A male having sexual intercourse with another male
    A male having sexual intercourse with an animal
    A female having sexual intercourse with an animal
    Having sexual intercourse with both a mother and her daughter within the span of his lifetime
    Sexual intercourse with a married woman
    Sexual intercourse with one's sister
    Sexual intercourse with one's father's sister
    Sexual intercourse with one's mother's sister
    Sexual intercourse with the sister of one's wife
    Sexual intercourse with one's brother's wife
    Sexual intercourse with the wife of one's father's brother
    Sexual intercourse with a menstruating woman, known as a nida (נדה)
    Cursing God using the appropriate holy name, known as megadef (מגדף)
    Worshiping a deity other than God, known as Avodah Zarah (עבודה זרה)
    Sacrificing one's child to Moloch (מלך)
    Consulting with a spirit through a process known as ohv (אוב)
    Violating the Shabbat (שבת) by doing one of the 39 categories of activities prohibited on Shabbat
    Eating of an offering while in a state of ritual impurity, known as tumah (טומאה)
    Entering the temple or Tabernacle while in a state of ritual impurity, known as tumah (טומאה)
    Eating of a form of animal fat known as chelev (חלב)
    Eating or drinking blood
    Eating of an offering after the allowable time for the eating of that offering has expired. An offering in this state is known as notar (נותר)
    Eating of an offering that was offered with the intention of eating of it after the allowable time for the eating of that offering has expired. Such an offering is known as pigul (פיגול)
    Slaughtering an offering outside the boundaries of the temple or Tabernacle
    Offering up an offering upon an altar outside the boundaries of the temple or Tabernacle
    Eating chametz on Passover
    Eating or drinking on Yom Kippur
    Violating Yom Kippur by doing one of the 39 categories of activities that are prohibited on Shabbat
    Creating a replication of the holy anointing oil (שמן המשחה) that was used for the anointment of high priests and kings of the house of David that was made by Moses, using the same ingredients and precise measurements, and creating it in the same volume as created by Moses [13]
    Creating a replication of the incense offering, known as the Ketoret (קטרת), using the same ingredients and precise measurements of the Ketoret
    Anointing oneself with the holy anointing oil that was created by Moses
    Failure to bring the Passover offering
    Failure to circumcise oneself

See this is what happens when you use a wiki and fail to read secondary subjects or even what you link. Why is it relevant? It is as you are citing it as an example of incorrect views of Sunni and Shias based on your incorrect views of Judaism. I corrected your distorted interpretations that is all. None of what you have said child marriage is endorsed by Judaism. In fact Judaism is against it according to our shared sources. You have no proven you case at all. Having trouble with reading and comprehension again? I could type in a large font and use smaller word if you wish  Tongue

"On the other hand, in Jewish law – unlike in other systems of law – the mere fact that a child is born (or conceived) out of lawful wedlock does not make him a mamzer and he is not an illegitimate child, i.e., one whose status or rights are impaired"

So considered your argument refuted.

Yes Judaism is an ethnocentric religion so should not compared to a universal religion. Like I said apples to oranges. Did you miss the part on the Torah about God's chosen people? Have you even read the Torah at all?

Also the word Mamzer is only found in Deuteronomy 23:2 and Zachariyah 9:1-7

Deuteronomy 23:1-8: “[1] He whose testicles have been crushed or whose penis has been cut off may not enter into the assembly of Yehowah. [2] A Mamzer may not enter into the assembly of Yehowah; even the tenth generation may not enter into the assembly of Yehowah. [3] An Ammonite or a Moabite may not enter into the assembly of Yehowah; even the tenth generation and beyond may not enter into the assembly of Yehowah, [4] because they did not run out to meet you with food and water on your way out of Egypt and because they hired Bala’am the son of Be’or from Pethor in Aram Naharayim against you, to curse you. [5] But Yehowah your Elohim did not wish to listen to Bala’am, and Yehowah your Elohim turned the curse into a blessing for you, because Yehowah your Elohim loves you. [6] Do not seek their peace nor their good, all of your days, forever. [7] But you shall not abhor an Edomite, because he is your brother, and you shall not abhor an Egyptian, because you were a stranger in his land. [8] So the children of the third generation that are born to them may enter into the assembly of Yehowah.”

[1] The heavy burden of the word of Yehowah. In the land of Hadrach and in Damascus shall be His resting place. For Yehowah has His eye on man and all the tribes of Israel. [2] And Hamath shall also border on it, and Zor and Zidon, for she is very wise. [3] And Zor built herself a stronghold, and hoarded silver like dust and fine gold like the dirt in the streets. [4] Behold, my Master will disinherit her and He will destroy her army in the sea, and she shall be consumed by fire. [5] Ashkelon will see this and fear; Gaza also, and shall be greatly afraid; and Ekron, and her expectations shall be dashed; and the king of Gaza will be destroyed, and Ashkelon shall become uninhabited. [6] And Mamzer shall dwell in Ashdod, and I will cut off the pride of the Philistines. [7] And I will take the blood out of his mouth, and the insects out from between his teeth, and he also shall remain for our Elohim, and he shall be as a chief in Judah, and Ekron as a Jebusite.”

Ruth 4:18-22New International Version (NIV)

The Genealogy of David
    18 This, then, is the family line of Perez: Perez was the father of Hezron, 19 Hezron the father of Ram, Ram the father of Amminadab, 20 Amminadab the father of Nahshon, Nahshon the father of Salmon,[a] 21 Salmon the father of Boaz, Boaz the father of Obed, 22 Obed the father of Jesse, and Jesse the father of David.

Genesis 38 New International Version (NIV)

Judah and Tamar
    38 At that time, Judah left his brothers and went down to stay with a man of Adullam named Hirah. 2 There Judah met the daughter of a Canaanite man named Shua. He married her and made love to her; 3 she became pregnant and gave birth to a son, who was named Er. 4 She conceived again and gave birth to a son and named him Onan. 5 She gave birth to still another son and named him Shelah. It was at Kezib that she gave birth to him. 6 Judah got a wife for Er, his firstborn, and her name was Tamar. 7 But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death. 8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” 9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also. 11 Judah then said to his daughter-in-law Tamar, “Live as a widow in your father’s household until my son Shelah grows up.” For he thought, “He may die too, just like his brothers.” So Tamar went to live in her father’s household. 12 After a long time Judah’s wife, the daughter of Shua, died. When Judah had recovered from his grief, he went up to Timnah, to the men who were shearing his sheep, and his friend Hirah the Adullamite went with him. 13 When Tamar was told, “Your father-in-law is on his way to Timnah to shear his sheep,” 14 she took off her widow’s clothes, covered herself with a veil to disguise herself, and then sat down at the entrance to Enaim, which is on the road to Timnah. For she saw that, though Shelah had now grown up, she had not been given to him as his wife. 15 When Judah saw her, he thought she was a prostitute, for she had covered her face. 16 Not realizing that she was his daughter-in-law, he went over to her by the roadside and said, “Come now, let me sleep with you.” “And what will you give me to sleep with you?” she asked. 17 “I’ll send you a young goat from my flock,” he said. “Will you give me something as a pledge until you send it?” she asked. 18 He said, “What pledge should I give you?” “Your seal and its cord, and the staff in your hand,” she answered. So he gave them to her and slept with her, and she became pregnant by him. 19 After she left, she took off her veil and put on her widow’s clothes again. 20 Meanwhile Judah sent the young goat by his friend the Adullamite in order to get his pledge back from the woman, but he did not find her. 21 He asked the men who lived there, “Where is the shrine prostitute who was beside the road at Enaim?” “There hasn’t been any shrine prostitute here,” they said. 22 So he went back to Judah and said, “I didn’t find her. Besides, the men who lived there said, ‘There hasn’t been any shrine prostitute here.’” 23 Then Judah said, “Let her keep what she has, or we will become a laughingstock. After all, I did send her this young goat, but you didn’t find her.” 24 About three months later Judah was told, “Your daughter-in-law Tamar is guilty of prostitution, and as a result she is now pregnant.”Judah said, “Bring her out and have her burned to death!” 25 As she was being brought out, she sent a message to her father-in-law. “I am pregnant by the man who owns these,” she said. And she added, “See if you recognize whose seal and cord and staff these are.” 26 Judah recognized them and said, “She is more righteous than I, since I wouldn’t give her to my son Shelah.” And he did not sleep with her again. 27 When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. 28 As she was giving birth, one of them put out his hand; so the midwife took a scarlet thread and tied it on his wrist and said, “This one came out first.” 29 But when he drew back his hand, his brother came out, and she said, “So this is how you have broken out!” And he was named Perez.[a] 30 Then his brother, who had the scarlet thread on his wrist, came out. And he was named Zerah.

These verses is talking about nations. Why is Mamzer found in a verse about other nations but not in context of Hebrews. This calls to question if Mamzer was once a nation rather than a bastard of a Hebrew Union. There are a number of Rabbi which have held the opinion that Mamzer are a nation of people not Hebrews. Rabbi Yehuda ben Bila’am, David Kimchi, Rashi. There is also the case of King David who is a 10th generation bastard, which would make him an illegitimate King, and not a Jew. Which just prove ISlam is a man-made religion according to your views of the Talmud. I could go on if you wish however I think I proved the case that Mamzer may not be what the Talmud says it is. The Talmud being a secondary source like Hadiths. I also proved my case that you in fact have no idea what you are talking about.

Stop linking the Talmud. You are only embarrassing yourself.

Secondary sources.

http://www.come-and-hear.com/yebamoth/yebamoth_49.html
    http://www.come-and-hear.com/yebamoth/yebamoth_69.html
    http://www.come-and-hear.com/yebamoth/yebamoth_78.html
    http://www.come-and-hear.com/yebamoth/yebamoth_87.html
    http://halakhah.com/rst/nashim/30b%20-%20Kiddushin%2041a-82b.pdf  Kiddushin 67b and 73a

• Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »