Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Free Mariam

(Read 3346 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Free Mariam
     OP - June 23, 2014, 02:52 PM

This Egyptian ex-Muslim girl has been imprisoned by her parents and is being force fed psychotic drugs.

Please share the facebook page widely to help spread the cause. The more these brutes try to oppress ex-Muslims, the more the world we see them for what they really are.

https://www.facebook.com/FreeMariamHamdy

• Free Mariam
     Reply #1 - June 23, 2014, 03:11 PM

That's horrible.  Cry
  • Free Mariam
     Reply #2 - June 23, 2014, 11:10 PM

Yes, it appears the only way to deal with all these apostacy persecution stories is to highlight infront of the rest of the world and force the hands of countries or people who try to oppress/punish apostates at an international level. The recent Sudanese case serves as an example of this.
    With all these new cases coming to light I can't help but wonder are we witnessing the begining of a silent revolution, perhaps we can all help Mariam and Mubarak http://godlessmom.com/ by pressurisng our governments with petitions and other activites designed to highlight the apostate's plight?
  • Free Mariam
     Reply #3 - June 23, 2014, 11:36 PM

I agree Tomas. I think the framing of the issue in terms first of apostates in far-flung lands means that people can react to it more as they may react to it more in the way that people do to foreign aid. When things are on peoples doorsteps I think they become a bit less confident in tackling it as they fear any repercussions on them. If you can highlight the violent situation of these people then the most of the time less violent situation of apostates in western countries is more easily dealt with.

Perhaps I am wrong.
  • Free Mariam
     Reply #4 - June 24, 2014, 08:39 AM

It starts by ex-muslims finding a voice in secular countries, it's greatly helped by a handful of liberal muslims who openly agree that persecuting apostates is not exceptable. When some (esp high profile) muslims bravely agree that it's not acceptable either, this makes it less toxic for our (secular countries) governments to handle (so by opposing apostacy persecution they're no longer being seen to be discriminating against the beliefs of all muslims) which in turn leads to removing the taboo. After that happens weight can then be leaned on countries who are abusing apostates to dissauade them from doing so. As far as I can see this is already beginning to happen. Who knows by the 22nd century CEMB may even be obsolete.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »