Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Sudan death sentence woman freed

(Read 4654 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Sudan death sentence woman freed
     Reply #30 - June 25, 2014, 12:35 PM

This reminds me of one of my teachers who talked about takfeer, and that even if someone grows up and never practices Islam and never actively believes in allah, that person is still Muslim because his/hers "genealogy" is Muslim. I was like, what do you mean "Muslim genealogy"? Grin It is so absurd that I can't believe others don't see it for what it is, idiocy.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #31 - June 25, 2014, 12:44 PM

Yes cause Islam is in the blud innit!
     Reply #32 - July 03, 2014, 06:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf6NdM4UJOc

and that ISLAMIC ROGUE you see there is the brother of  Meriam Ibrahim, The  Sudanese woman faced/facing the death penalty for moving out of Islam

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #33 - July 03, 2014, 07:40 PM

This reminds me of one of my teachers who talked about takfeer, and that even if someone grows up and never practices Islam and never actively believes in allah, that person is still Muslim because his/hers "genealogy" is Muslim. I was like, what do you mean "Muslim genealogy"? Grin It is so absurd that I can't believe others don't see it for what it is, idiocy.

Ah, Muslims. Pulling the wool over their own eyes since the 7th century.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #34 - July 03, 2014, 10:50 PM

The interesting thing is that non muslims are criticised for simply following the religion of their fathers, and at the same time it's insisted that children inherit the religion of their fathers.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #35 - July 03, 2014, 11:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf6NdM4UJOc

and that ISLAMIC ROGUE you see there is the brother of  Meriam Ibrahim, The  Sudanese woman faced/facing the death penalty for moving out of Islam

I cannot believe he actually said his humanity should not get in the way.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #36 - July 04, 2014, 12:20 AM

That is so unfair. At least they live their life doing all the haram things, yet they are considered muslims!!

Reply #37 - July 24, 2014, 10:12 AM

Good News guys - she and her family are in Italy!

Sudan 'apostasy' woman Meriam Yahia Ibrahim flies to Italy
    Meriam Yahia Ibrahim Ishag and her two children in Rome
    Mrs Ibrahim's daughter Maya was born in prison in May
    Continue reading the main story
    Related Stories
    Sudan case reignites apostasy debate
    Sudan country profile
    Islam and the apostasy debate
    A Sudanese woman who was spared a death sentence for renouncing Islam has flown to Italy after more than a month in the US embassy in Khartoum.

Meriam Yahia Ibrahim Ishag and her family flew on an Italian government plane, accompanied by Italian minister Lapo Pistelli.

Her father is Muslim so according to Sudan's version of Islamic law she is also Muslim and cannot convert.

She was raised by her Christian mother and says she has never been Muslim.

Mr Pistelli, Italy's vice-minister for foreign affairs, posted a photo of himself with Mrs Ibrahim and her children on his Facebook account as they were about to land in Rome.

"Mission accomplished," he wrote.

Meriam Ibrahim and her husband, Daniel Wani
    The couple got married in a church after meeting in 2011
    Mrs Ibrahim's husband, Daniel Wani, also a Christian, is from South Sudan and has US nationality.

Their daughter Maya was born in prison in May, shortly after Mrs Ibrahim was sentenced to hang for apostasy - renouncing one's faith - sparking global outrage.

Under intense international pressure, her conviction was quashed and she was freed in June.

Jump media playerMedia player helpOut of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
    In June, Meriam spoke to the BBC as she entered the US embassy, as Reeta Chakrabarti reports
    She was given South Sudanese travel documents but was arrested at Khartoum airport, with Sudanese officials saying the travel documents were fake.

These new charges meant she was not allowed to leave the country but she was released into the custody of the US embassy in Khartoum.

Last week, her father's family filed a lawsuit trying to have her marriage annulled, on the basis that a Muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non-Muslim.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28460383
     Reply #38 - July 24, 2014, 10:33 AM

Good end to a very infuriating saga.  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »