Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420772 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 58 59 6061 62 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL
     Reply #1770 - December 24, 2014, 11:47 AM

Reply #1771 - December 24, 2014, 11:50 AM

Reply #1772 - December 24, 2014, 05:38 PM

Thinking of that guy's family!
     Reply #1773 - December 29, 2014, 09:18 PM

An interview with the downed Jordanian pilot in this month's jam-packed edition of Dabiq - the the Islamic nation's favourite magazine, so it's bound to be fair and he won't have been under duress. Free plastic dagger with each copy.

https://ia902601.us.archive.org/31/items/dbq06/Dabiq_6.pdf

Ha Ha.
     Reply #1774 - January 02, 2015, 02:25 AM

Manchester jihadi bride Zahra Halane appeared happy that her husband had died fighting alongside Isis (Islamic State) militants in Syria after posting a series of tweets that said "lol" with a smiley face.

The 16-year-old said partner Ali Kalantar, 19, originally from Coventry, was probably surrounded by virgins and hoped she would join him soon.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/syria-manchester-teen-jihadi-bride-tweets-lol-after-husband-dies-fighting-isis-1478537

LOLOLOLOL
     Reply #1775 - January 02, 2015, 12:06 PM

Everytime I click the link above I keep getting redirected to ads telling me I can win a Samsung S5
     Reply #1776 - January 02, 2015, 12:18 PM

Strange, I just clicked on it and it worked fine.

As to the story, tweeting lol smiley face is a strangely crass and undignified reaction to the news of your husband's glorious martyrdom.  It seems like in among all the political and religious reasons for British muslims turning to extremism, there's a fair amount of plain old chaviness there too. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #1777 - January 02, 2015, 01:22 PM

So true!!

Oh and link works now.
     Reply #1778 - January 04, 2015, 05:32 AM

The 16-year-old said partner Ali Kalantar, 19, originally from Coventry, was probably surrounded by virgins and hoped she would join him soon.

wat.
     Reply #1779 - January 04, 2015, 02:12 PM

tweeting lol smiley face is a strangely crass and undignified reaction to the news of your husband's glorious martyrdom.

She obviously really luvved him.
     Reply #1780 - January 04, 2015, 09:37 PM

Teenagers be teenagers...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #1781 - January 05, 2015, 02:57 PM

Strange, I just clicked on it and it worked fine.

As to the story, tweeting lol smiley face is a strangely crass and undignified reaction to the news of your husband's glorious martyrdom.  It seems like in among all the political and religious reasons for British muslims turning to extremism, there's a fair amount of plain old chaviness there too. 

yhh m8 he ded noww init, probs in heven wiv god an shit.
     Reply #1782 - January 05, 2015, 09:19 PM

Isis leader with cocaine

https://news.vice.com/article/exclusive-video-shows-cocaine-allegedly-found-at-home-of-islamic-state-leader

Isis jihadis being given drugs up and sent out to fight high

Leaders in the group have been said to drug their militants to give them greater courage as they go into battle. This has led to both successful, but also reckless and ineffective suicide attacks by fighters who can easily be shot down. Certain IS militants have been described as "drug-crazed," and Kurds report having found mysterious pills, capsules, and syringes on living and dead IS fighters

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #1783 - January 06, 2015, 02:49 AM

Now that one I did not expect.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #1784 - January 06, 2015, 06:18 PM

Isis leader with cocaine

https://news.vice.com/article/exclusive-video-shows-cocaine-allegedly-found-at-home-of-islamic-state-leader

Isis jihadis being given drugs up and sent out to fight high

The modern version of the "Hashshaasheen" (Assassins) sent on suicide missions by the leader of their sect Hassan al-Sabbah from his mountain fortress.
     Reply #1785 - January 06, 2015, 08:35 PM

Good point Abu. The reminder is a good warning as well. Granted these fools are not the trained assassins of old. However their fate and that of their master could be the same.
     Reply #1786 - January 06, 2015, 09:43 PM

^Eradicated by the Mongols?
     Reply #1787 - January 12, 2015, 10:23 PM

Islamic State 'recruiting Afghan fighters'
    By David Loyn
    BBC News, Kabul

12 January 2015 Last updated at 18:20

The first concrete evidence has emerged of attempts to recruit fighters in Afghanistan for the so-called Islamic State (IS).

A former Taliban commander in Helmand province, Mullah Abdul Rauf, has declared his allegiance to IS.

An elder from the Sangin district, Sayeduddin Sanginwal, told the BBC that the new group had fought with the Taliban after replacing white Taliban flags with the black flags of IS.

He said about 20 people from both sides had been killed and injured.

The deputy commander of the Afghan army unit responsible for the area, General Mahmood, confirmed that he had received reports of the new group within the past few days.

He said they were trying to win support for the IS cause, and they were "preparing to fight".

The leader of the new movement, Mullah Abdul Rauf, was a former senior Taliban commander who spent six years in Guantanamo Bay after being captured by US forces in 2001.

There had been reports that he had fallen out with the leader of the movement Mullah Omar.

'Same people, same programmes'
    Rauf is a distant relative of the Governor of Nimruz province, Amir Mohammed, who said that the commander had lost a leg before being taken to Guantanamo.

The governor said that IS had already attempted to recruit people in Farah, another south-western province, but had been driven out by local people with the help of the police.

He said they were all the same: "Once they fought under al-Qaeda name, then as Taliban, and now IS, they are the same people with the same programmes."

In another sign that the Taliban are facing internal challenges, a former spokesman for the Pakistani Taliban has appeared in a video online, saying that there were several IS commanders operating, and that the Pakistani Taliban were now allied to the movement.

There is no independent verification of this claim, but the video had images of several commanders across Afghanistan who were also said to be now backing IS.

In the video they claim to have shifted their allegiance from the Taliban leader, Mullah Omar, to the IS leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

This represents the first serious challenge to the coherence of the Taliban leadership for many years.

Omar has not been seen in public since 2001.

His fighters have continued their assault on Afghan military targets, even after the end of foreign combat operations at the end of 2014. And despite sustaining very heavy casualties, particularly among the police, Afghan forces have held their ground.

New group emerging?
    A major ceremonial event has been held in the headquarters of the military garrison in Helmand province to tell political leaders that the Afghan forces are now in control.

Huge areas of the base, called Camp Bastion by British forces, are now deserted as Afghan forces occupy only a small part of it.

Commanders say that the fighting season has gone on through an unseasonably dry and mild winter in Afghanistan - but if IS does succeed in infiltrating Afghanistan, the nature of the war will change.

Elders who came into the base to witness the show of military strength said that they had seen the Russians come and go, and now the British and Americans, but they hoped that Islamic State would not come.

There are also accounts that a group called Khorasan has been attempting to recruit fighters in Wardak province.

Khorasan is an old name for Afghanistan, and is a word that carried mythical overtones for some Muslims after an ancient prophecy that black flags would once again fly in Khorasan before the end of the world.

The US said that an air strike near Aleppo in Syria last September was on a base used by a previously unknown group also called Khorasan.

This group was allied to Islamic State, but it is not clear if there is any connection with the attempts to win support for Khorasan in Afghanistan.

This all appears to mean that the Afghan conflict is entering a new and unstable phase.

There have been more direct suicide attacks recently on civilians - including a volleyball game - which had not been Taliban targets in the past.

If Mullah Omar is losing his grip and Islamic State has infiltrated the country, then it will represent the biggest challenge yet to the new government of President Ashraf Ghani, who has only now announced a cabinet after more than three months in office.

Reply #1788 - January 12, 2015, 10:23 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30777565
     Reply #1789 - January 12, 2015, 10:39 PM

But why did they use a still from Pirates of the Caribbean?

Reply #1790 - January 13, 2015, 12:32 AM

^Eradicated by the Mongols?

No, just that groups that use IS for their own benefit could find themselves lined up next to them when IS collapses.

Mongols would be more interesting though
     Reply #1791 - January 13, 2015, 05:53 AM

They're the exception though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqcVro-3f4I

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #1792 - January 13, 2015, 09:11 AM

The exception Horde!
     Reply #1793 - January 17, 2015, 01:13 PM

But why did they use a still from Pirates of the Caribbean?

(Clicky for piccy!)

Johnny Depp is looking a little ropey in that shot.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #1794 - January 26, 2015, 01:54 PM

Just seen the news that the Kurds has expelled ISIS from Kobani.    Afro
     Reply #1795 - January 27, 2015, 03:18 AM

Hell, yes. Overwhelmed with relief.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #1796 - January 30, 2015, 08:44 AM

Just saw this. Great news. Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1797 - January 30, 2015, 01:45 PM

They just started a heavy attack on Kirkuk, last night.

Peshmerga repelled it but a popular commander has died.
     Reply #1798 - February 01, 2015, 01:48 AM

The most genuine Arab Spring was in Tunisia. Bahrain also has uprising but the world keeps ignoring the Bahrainians. They have been protesting and demanding freedom and justice since 2011, the same year when Egytian 2011 revolution and Syrian uprising happened, and they still refuse to be militarised. The US and its buddies still support Bahrainian regime. Some people call the Bahrainian protesters "Iranian puppets". Why?
    As for Egypt, the 2 revolutions were also genuine but there were some "foreign influence". However I sympathise with Egypt because the milatary rule is back!
    As for Syria, it's true that there were geniune and peaceful protests done by the people for the people and the country but there was/were also 1 or 2 protest/s where the police officers were also killed but most mainstream media only reported the civilians killed. There were also some protests where the protesters were armed Sorry,  but I cannot call Syrian revolution genuine because the regime change project for Syria has been planned by US and buddies many years before 2011 protests. There are many foreign fighters joining Syrian rebels (please note I do not include ISIS here) and they have also fought one another. To those of you who say FSA is secular, do you consider the slogan "Christians to Beirut, Alawites to the graves" chanted by Al-Farouq Brigade of FSA as moderate and secular? Many of FSA factions have names after something related to Sunni Islam. Some of FSA (not Jabhat al-Nusra, ISIS, Islamic Front etc) officers/fighters want Sharia law in Syria. One of the reasons why foreigners keep joining rebel groups and ISIS is they have been told that Syrian gov't and army are all Alawites (which is not true) and they are killing Syrian Sunnis. Many of them have intention to kill Alawites including civilians. As for ISIS, ISIS growth is to be blamed on Turkey because of Turkish-Syrian border. Most of foreign rebels and jihadists enter Syria illegally via Turkey. As for the civilian deaths, well, more than 200000+ were killed but this number is not all civilian deaths. More than 60% were Syrian troops, the rest were rebels, ISIS, Kurdish fighters and civilians of various faiths but the media and some journalists keep saying that 200000+ were all civilians and blaming them on Assad alone. All sides have caused civilian deaths and casualties.
    I know there is one Syrian on here who strongly against Assad and Syrian Army but keep in mind, he has lived in Saudi Arabia much longer than he has lived in Syria (based on what he has written about him in all his posts on CEMB, I have read all his posts) so that's why despite being an atheist, he sounds like any ordinary Saudi Muslim because of how much he hates Hezbollah and blames almost every civilian casualty, shelling and massacre on Assad because of Saudi media. You know how Saudi media, clerics and people view Shia, don't you? And to that Syrian guy, do Syrian rebels know that you are an atheist?
    Please don't put words into my mouth. Like I said before, all sides have caused civilian casualties.

As for Yemen, I still don't undertand who (i.e religious backgrounds, political ideologies/views) and what (i.e goals and purposes) the Houthis and Yemeni gov't are.

Religions + Politics = Problem
     Reply #1799 - February 01, 2015, 04:22 PM

ISIS Releases Video Purportedly Showing Beheading of Japanese Hostage Kenji Goto  says news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9B0jlKVQLk

Mother of Kenji Goto

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Previous page 1 ... 58 59 6061 62 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »