Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420453 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 55 56 5758 59 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL
     Reply #1680 - November 27, 2014, 09:26 PM

IS: the gift that just keeps on giving. Merry Christmas.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1681 - November 27, 2014, 09:56 PM

ISIS is beating children in order to train them for combat. 

This is a vid of an ISIS training child soldiers.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152827518821142

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #1682 - November 27, 2014, 10:22 PM

That is like what the Iceni tribe in East Anglia did with a group of their tribesmen. Removed any comfort for them, brutalising them through beating et cetera to make them so mentally ill they went berserk on the battle field. These warriors went into battle without much clothing on, freeing them up and with mallets and axes. They were called Berserkers'.
     Reply #1683 - November 27, 2014, 10:32 PM

And got miserably tonked by Roman discipline. It's a tactic that didn't work well in the first century AD. How well will it do in the 21st?
     Reply #1684 - November 27, 2014, 11:02 PM

Hopefully equally miserably!
     Reply #1685 - November 28, 2014, 12:05 AM

That is like what the Iceni tribe in East Anglia did with a group of their tribesmen. Removed any comfort for them, brutalising them through beating et cetera to make them so mentally ill they went berserk on the battle field. These warriors went into battle without much clothing on, freeing them up and with mallets and axes. They were called Berserkers'.

Beserker is actually a Norse term, not British Celtic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserker

Also, it was common for Celts to fight wearing little or no clothing.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1686 - November 28, 2014, 12:12 AM

My bad Osmanthus, I do know they did have some Berserkers though if I remember correctly!
     Reply #1687 - November 30, 2014, 12:01 AM

image has been removed.

No harrowing or upsetting pictures are permitted here.

Reply #1688 - December 02, 2014, 04:09 PM

This is similar to when I hear the term the 'Islamic Golden Age'............ I prefer to refer to this period as the 'Arabic Golden Age' as their achievements were done by Arabs (real people), not Islam (an invisible person).

what about the persians and kurds involved? the empires were pan-islamic and multi-ethnic. ethnicity/nationality wasnt big back then. 
     Reply #1689 - December 02, 2014, 04:29 PM

It is just revisionist history which assumes every accomplishment of individuals is linked directly to Islam while assuming Islam is monolithic. All while ignoring the rival schools of thought such as rationalism vs occasionalism had vastly different views. Views which at times were violently oppressed and/or supported by the political power of a given area and time. For example Muslim Spain is used as evidence of Muslim accomplishments and tolerance all while many fail to realize the political power was an enemy of the Abbasid dynasty. Muslim Spain fell not to Christians but fundamental fanatics of a rival school of thought from North Africa which was sanctioned by the Abbasid Caliph. In reality this is just a religious centric view much like ethnocentric and euro-centric views of the past. Humans tend to ignore negative aspects of history while focusing on the positive which leads to generalization. Such generalization are easy to accept for laymen since such views are presented as a neat little package which involves little to no critical analysis. For example look at the Allies and Axis of world war 2. Good and bad is clearly defined in this context. However such a view omits that America was just as racist as Germany. The USSR was just as brutal as Germany. Britian was just as imperialist as Germany attempted to return to.
     Reply #1690 - December 02, 2014, 09:56 PM

Klingschor's lecture on ISIL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba_ZrdHlJ2Y

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #1691 - December 04, 2014, 07:55 PM

Egyptian Human Rights Activist Ahmad Harqan: ISIS Is Doing what the Prophet Muhammad Did

Balls. This guy has them.

In an October 21 TV interview, Egyptian human rights activist Ahmad Harqan explained why he had become an atheist and said that Islam is a "harsh religion," which was being implemented by ISIS and Boko Haram. They are doing "what the Prophet Muhammad and his companions did," said Harqan. According to media reports, Harqan and his pregnant wife survived an assassination attempt on October 25, and when they went to the police to complain, were arrested for disrespect to Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y5a7VJhrZA

He and his wife were attempted assassinated shortly after and detained by the police when he went to report it

Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #1692 - December 04, 2014, 07:58 PM

Massive ovaries there!
     Reply #1693 - December 04, 2014, 11:45 PM

Things are pretty volatile in Egypt at the moment. There are actually a lot of atheists, secularists or as he says Ladeenyon (Non-religious) but most have to meet in secret and keep quiet. But more and more want to speak out and there is a growing movement for change.

The problem is that there is the opposite too! Many Islamists who want Egypt to be a theocracy. Though you might think that the military government would favour the secularists, they can't be seen to be soft on outspoken critics of Islam as they have to prove their Islamic credentials which is obviously is in doubt due to it's stance against the Islamists. So they want to be seen to standing up for 'proper' Islam and that means coming down hard on the Islamists but also on atheists and outspoken critics.

The situation is boiling and bubbling and the military are concerned which makes them even more dangerous.

You notice I have avoided naming names lol
     Reply #1694 - December 05, 2014, 12:10 AM

My impression is that Sisi is in bed with the at least some of the more popular non-Muslim Brotherhood Salafis? IIRC they endorsed Sisi in the latest elections?

Saudi Arabia battling Qatar by proxy... wacko

Reply #1695 - December 05, 2014, 12:17 AM

Yes it's a case of my enemy's enemy ...
     Reply #1696 - December 05, 2014, 12:23 AM

Human rights relativism. The butcher of million of innocent humans over the years...

ISIL militias have declared parts of Libya to belong to the caliphate while UAE bombs them on secret missions *AND* declares the Muslim Brotherhood here, there and everywhere as terrorists. I guess they have found the middle way Tongue

Reply #1697 - December 05, 2014, 12:45 AM

Meanwhile Kurdish PYD and PKK forces do it again...

Bear cub whose mother was reportedly killed by a Turkish air strike:

Reply #1698 - December 05, 2014, 12:59 AM

Meanwhile Kurdish PYD and PKK forces do it again...

(Clicky for piccy!)

(Clicky for piccy!)

Bear cub whose mother was reportedly killed by a Turkish air strike:
    (Clicky for piccy!)

(Clicky for piccy!)

(Clicky for piccy!)

Where did they save those goats from ...  Tongue
     Reply #1699 - December 05, 2014, 01:33 AM

Evil Muslims at Eid al-Adha, obviously Tongue

However I must admit I need to read up on Abo's writings on animal rights... It might just be a thing...

Reply #1700 - December 05, 2014, 01:43 AM

There is only one goat.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #1701 - December 05, 2014, 01:46 AM

However I must admit I need to read up on Abo's writings on animal rights... It might just be a thing...

I think you mean Apo.

Reply #1702 - December 05, 2014, 01:47 AM

I'm Arab. That is why my P's keep getting B's.

Reply #1703 - December 05, 2014, 01:49 AM

There is only one goat.

I see 2  Huh?

I was thinking more the goats were saved from bestiality fetishists in ISIS!  Afro
     Reply #1704 - December 05, 2014, 01:52 AM

I'm Arab. That is why my P's keep getting B's.

Take a break, then. Have a Bebsi.

Reply #1705 - December 05, 2014, 01:53 AM

I see 2  Huh?

I was thinking more the goats were saved from bestiality fetishists in ISIS!  Afro

No, the goat was the one with droopy ears, the other should be an antelope or a wild mountain goat.

Reply #1706 - December 05, 2014, 01:54 AM

No, the goat was the one with droopy ears, the other should be an antelope or a wild mountain goat.

Those both be goats!  Tongue
     Reply #1707 - December 05, 2014, 02:06 AM

Ah, well, I don't know. It looks like antelope to me, save for the eyes. Probably you are right, and it is a goat. It is certainly acting like one.

Reply #1708 - December 05, 2014, 02:14 AM

Hope they kept safe before being rescued by those awesome people!
     Reply #1709 - December 05, 2014, 02:57 AM

They are good at running, I wouldn't worry. I am sure they cheered the peshmerga up.

• Previous page 1 ... 55 56 5758 59 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »