Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420290 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 51 52 5354 55 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL
     Reply #1560 - October 23, 2014, 10:36 PM

I wish she said.,

"... Oh  Allah! forgive these people  that stone me..
    ... you you only the life giver  and
    you you only should have the power to take my life  
    Allah ho Akbar..."

...Then I would have slept to night without Vodka.... And now after the drink I pray to Allah that these rogues should be fed to some wild dogs .. To me life of  the wild dogs is more precious than these Brutal Baboons who take the life of a frail woman who can not defend herself......

Can't say I disagree. You're in the Netherlands right? Is there a lot of support for the islamic state? I've seen some depressing stuff.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #1561 - October 24, 2014, 12:08 AM

Kurdish news outlet report on Turkey's role - it is a month old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OQUBXVtCQw

10 members from Arab family joined YPG/YPJ - from July:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg6V5fb5WwU

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #1562 - October 24, 2014, 09:28 AM

Can't say I disagree. You're in the Netherlands right? Is there a lot of support for the islamic state? I've seen some depressing stuff.

Is Yeezevee in The Netherlands??
    Well, I guess that it's the same as in every Europea country. We've had some idiots on the streets of The Hague waving the IS-flag and screaming death to the jews and the mayor has been under attack for not stopping this, and then the supporters of IS were celebrating their 'victory' with fireworks. I heard it because I live near to that area.
     Reply #1563 - October 24, 2014, 09:34 AM

Haven't seen anything like that here in Denmark except for a Hizb ut-Tahrir march which wasn't an IS rally - it was on Eid ul-Adha and they called it a "takbeer march". But there were no beers. Sillies.

Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #1564 - October 24, 2014, 10:17 AM

Well, I meant the amount of people that support IS. I think it must be more or less the same in the European countries. The way that these supporters are dealt with differs from country to country, I guess  Smiley.
     Reply #1565 - October 24, 2014, 11:51 AM

a "takbeer march". But there were no beers. Sillies.

A takebeer march.

Now there's an idea.
     Reply #1566 - October 25, 2014, 12:36 PM

U.S. Is Investigating Report That Islamic State Used Chlorine Gas

BAGHDAD — American security officials said Thursday that they were looking into a new report that Islamic State militants had used chlorine gas as a weapon against Iraqi police officers last month near Balad, north of Baghdad.

According to the accounts of the officers, fighters for the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL, set off an explosive that unleashed a mass of yellow smoke that hung close to the ground, The Washington Post reported. The Post said that hospital officials who treated the men, as well as an unnamed Iraqi Defense Ministry official, confirmed the men’s suspicion that chlorine gas had been used against them. Eleven officers were made ill, though all survived.

Unconfirmed reports of improvised bombs made with chlorine gas and used by militants have arisen from time to time since the Islamic State began seizing territory in Iraq at the beginning of the year, raising concerns that Iraq’s old chemical weapons stores had fallen into the militants’ hands.

A spokesman for the National Security Council, Alistair Baskey, said American officials were examining the new report.

“We continue to take all allegations of C.W. use — and in particular these recent allegations regarding the use of chlorine as a chemical weapon — very seriously,” he said. “We are aware of the reports but cannot confirm details and are seeking additional information. The use of chlorine as a chemical weapon is an abhorrent act. These recent allegations underscore the importance of our work to eliminate chemical weapons in this volatile region.”

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons noted in September that chlorine gas was being used in parts of the conflict in Syria, where the Islamic State is also fighting. The United States has attributed those attacks to the government of President Bashar al-Assad.

If the new report is confirmed, the use of chlorine gas by the Islamic State would be the latest iteration of a weapon that has been employed by Iraq’s Sunni militants since the years following the American invasion in 2003.

During the 2000s, the weapons were used intermittently in attacks against American and Iraqi forces and against civilians. In early 2007, there appeared to be a flurry of such attacks, mainly in Anbar Province, where American and Iraqi forces were trying to wrest control of territory from Al Qaeda in Iraq, also known as Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia.

The crude bombs were often made by mixing conventional explosives with cylinders of chlorine compounds usually used for water purification. Sometimes insurgents would pack explosives on chlorine tanker trucks, or on dump trucks full of chlorine, turning the vehicles into giant, mobile bombs.

These bombs were often ineffective as chemical weapons, and wounds that resulted from their use were most often related to the shrapnel from the conventional explosive used to try to disperse the chlorine, according to American service members who encountered the weapons during their tours.

At times, however, the chlorine was distributed in harmful ways, irritating airways and eyes and causing burns. In the worst cases, Iraqi civilians and American troops suffered inhalation injuries. This type of wound received enough attention in the United States military that the Navy came to recognize injuries caused by chlorine gas and explosives as worthy of a Purple Heart, the medal awarded for battlefield wounds.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #1567 - October 26, 2014, 12:06 PM

Hidden Camera  Under ISIS Control ..... That is from Young Turks..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Z3wRBqPCU

I say Young Turks should  do some of their Programs from Islamic Countries ..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1568 - October 26, 2014, 01:18 PM

Islamic State really really REALLY does want to take Kobane and destroy the secular pluralist forces there:

ISIS sends Chechen commander to Kobane

(More ginger Jihad? /Nikolaj)

QAMISHLI, Syria - The Islamic State leadership has ordered a prominent Chechen commander to Kobane, according to a Rudaw source inside ISIS-controlled territory.

The source, in the town of Tepke in the Islamic State’s heartland of Syria’s Raqqa province, said Abu Omar al-Shishani, a known Chechen fighter, has been ordered to leave Shingal area in Iraq, where ISIS forces are currently laying siege to thousands of Yezidi civilians protected by Yezidi brigades and Kurds from Iraq, Syria, and Turkey.

Al-Shishani was appointed commander of ISIS’s northern operations last year and is widely considered one of their most powerful military leaders.

The source said Abu Hamza Bormi would be his replacement in Shingal, where ISIS is seeking a victory to compensate for heavy casualties in defeats at Rabia and Zumar, both strategic towns situated along a highway connecting northern Syria to Mosul and the rest of Iraq. 

He reported a large number of ISIS fighters have massed in Raqqa for deployment to Kobane—where the militants have laid siege to Syrian Kurdish fighters for over a month—as well as to various fronts in Iraq.

Referring to recent infighting within the organization, the source said foreign fighters, known as Muhajirin, were complaining that their Syrian counterparts were not bearing the brunt of the organization’s high-casualty attacks. Analysts note that foreign fighters are often used in suicide attacks in strategically important battles, such as the offensive against Mosul in June.

According to Rudaw’s source in Tepke, the ISIS leadership will send reinforcements to Idlib province, southeast of Aleppo, to try to dilute the concentration of US-led coalition airstrikes in Kobane.

Another shift in strategy would be to remove heavy weapons and artillery from near Kobane, in order to avoid airstrikes. At the same time ISIS planned to increase the number of car bomb and motorcycle suicide attacks in Kobane.

A Rudaw team on the Turkish border reported three rounds of coalition airstrikes in Kobane beginning Saturday between 10pm and 2 am. There was also fighting east and southeast of the city, giving way to relative calm on Sunday morning. 

Fighting erupted again on Sunday between ISIS and the People’s Protection Units (YPG), the Syrian Kurdish force defending the city, when coalition airplanes bombed an ISIS target at approximately 12:30pm.

Reply #1569 - October 26, 2014, 08:08 PM

Referring to recent infighting within the organization, the source said foreign fighters, known as Muhajirin, were complaining that their Syrian counterparts were not bearing the brunt of the organization’s high-casualty attacks. Analysts note that foreign fighters are often used in suicide attacks in strategically important battles, such as the offensive against Mosul in June.

Cheesy "Hey, we know we said we wanted to be martyred but we didn't actually mean it! You should martyr those guys instead of us!"

Another shift in strategy would be to remove heavy weapons and artillery from near Kobane, in order to avoid airstrikes. At the same time ISIS planned to increase the number of car bomb and motorcycle suicide attacks in Kobane.

I think this could make things easier for the defenders. A car or bike approaching from IS lines is a bit of a giveaway. One RPG could take it out easily.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1570 - October 26, 2014, 08:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvE-ZYTziTU

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1571 - October 26, 2014, 08:58 PM

I think this could make things easier for the defenders. A car or bike approaching from IS lines is a bit of a giveaway. One RPG could take it out easily.

Thinking the same. I constantly see reports of different Kurdish militias stopping suicide bombers before they reach their target. I am pretty sure by now they can spot a car bomb or a booby trap from far away.

However it can be a problem with infiltration particular in Iraqi Kurdistan because of the many Sunni Arab refugees there.

For non-Kurdish areas they need to make alliances with the local Sunni Arab resistance to IS (which they already do) so the Sunni Arabs can feel somewhat safe from repercussions by extremist Shia militias and the Iraqi army.

Reply #1572 - October 27, 2014, 09:50 AM

Should allegedly show Turkish border police letting IS militants cross from Turkey to Syria in Kobane:

Reply #1573 - October 27, 2014, 02:04 PM

Peter Satchell on the fight in Kobane and the British Left at the opening of Secularism Panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQu2CRv8AYw

Reply #1574 - October 27, 2014, 07:30 PM

Rojava, the newborn country

Including interview with PYD's Salih Muslim and YPG's Redure Khalil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRXQWbaYkho

Directed by Fabio Bucciarelli & Eduardo Matas
    Photography Fabio Bucciarelli
    Editing Eduardo Matas & Addretouch

After more than two and a half years of war, Syria is destroyed by the agony of bombs. The revolution, borned with democracy and freedom’s aims, has slowly turned into an Islamist war for the land’s control. The Free Syrian Army has crumbled and, day after day, the jihadist groups are taking more and more power.

In this apocalyptic scenario, the Syrian Kurdistan raises its voice and carries out its dreams of freedom. After years of internal strife against Assad’s government, the Kurds, now taking advantage of the civil war, are preparing themselves for the enactment of a new state, the Rojava or Syrian Kurdistan.

Ideologically the Kurds have been preparing this moment since years. Now, they’re also moving militarily and politically towards the building of a new nation. From the military point of view, YPG’s (People's Protection Units) soldiers have turned from an underground organization to a regular army, protecting the borders from Islamists Jabat Nusra Front and ISIS’s (The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant) attacks, while, politically, Salh Muslim with his PYD party, seeks for the enactment of a governmental establishment.

So everything seems to head, as happened in Iraq after the fall of Saddam Houssein, to a new federal state in Syria.

Reply #1575 - October 27, 2014, 08:01 PM

Unrelated to ISIL as such, but since PKK and PYD have a lot of things in common here is a documentary of the lives of PKK guerrillas - which ARE fighting ISIL both in Rojava and right now on Mount Sinjar, together with the Yezidi militia, YPG/YPJ and Peshmerga.

It has some really touching anecdotes from the fighters, of which several have grown up in Europe.

The story teller has a lot of philosophical thoughts as well.

They have a valley, Sehit Harun, where men are not allowed in unless they agree to "re-education".

They really are serious about (re-)empowerment of women in the otherwise patriarchal Kurdish - and Muslim -  culture.

There are English subtitles on YouTube.

There is a glitch at 36:39-36-46 so don't get a heart attack there.

And it is unfortunately not complete. The complete is on YouTube (search for "PKK documentary") but it does not have subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEXzLHeDcK8

Documentary from 1998 on PKK:

Women in the world, in the Middle East and especially in Kurdistan have little influence. They are the oppressed gender. So these things are very important to u. The liberation of women, their right to express themselves and their need to play a role in the general development of society.

Well no wonder IS wants to destroy them then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMfJRnWu52Y

Reply #1576 - October 28, 2014, 02:18 AM

I was just thinking, why doesn't Allah stop ISIS?

I mean he's supposedly up in heaven right? Watching over as his religion and his good name is being dragged through the dirt, and he just lets them get on with it.

As far as ISIS are concerned, this is 'proof' to them that Allah approves.

I tried to google the question to see what Islamic apologetics had come up with as an excuse as to why god isn't intervening, but seems no one on the net has ever asked the question before.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #1577 - October 28, 2014, 09:39 AM

Don't be ridiculous, Adey5. Obviously Allah is too busy checking whether you enter the restroom with your left or right foot.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #1578 - October 28, 2014, 08:25 PM

Doh!  015

Oh yeah, silly me, I forgot that an omnipotent, omniscient being can't be in more than one place at a time. 

This theology is really complicated. But that's science for ya I guess.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #1579 - October 28, 2014, 08:28 PM

Don't be ridiculous, Adey5. Obviously Allah is too busy checking whether you enter the restroom with your left or right foot.

Maybe I should have posted my query in the 'awkward questions to ask moderate Muslims" thread.

Doesn't seem, at least online, that a single apologist has even been asked that question, let alone attempted to answer it.

Reply #1580 - October 28, 2014, 08:47 PM

Fuck the ISIS!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #1581 - October 28, 2014, 08:52 PM

This Isis?

Reply #1582 - October 28, 2014, 08:55 PM

I was just thinking, why doesn't Allah stop ISIS?

I mean he's supposedly up in heaven right? Watching over as his religion and his good name is being dragged through the dirt, and he just lets them get on with it.

As far as ISIS are concerned, this is 'proof' to them that Allah approves.

I tried to google the question to see what Islamic apologetics had come up with as an excuse as to why god isn't intervening, but seems no one on the net has ever asked the question before.

It's a "test" and/or "punishment" because we missed getting up for Fajr.
     Reply #1583 - October 28, 2014, 08:57 PM

This Isis?

(Clicky for piccy!)

Took me a while to work out what that was.

(Yeah, I know... I've had a sheltered life.)
     Reply #1584 - October 28, 2014, 08:58 PM

It is a goddess, obviously. Rihanna. But you are an old geezer so I get why you wouldn't know.

Reply #1585 - October 28, 2014, 09:12 PM

Problem with that tattoo is that in a couple of decades you won't be able to see the wings. Shit happens.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1586 - October 28, 2014, 09:15 PM

Cheesy

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #1587 - October 28, 2014, 09:17 PM

This Isis?

(Clicky for piccy!)

So pretty!

Anyone else want to dive in?
     Reply #1588 - October 28, 2014, 09:43 PM

Problem with that tattoo is that in a couple of decades you won't be able to see the wings. Shit happens.

I can't really see the problem of Isis losing her wings - from a strictly sexist perspective, of course. She might not be amused herself.

Reply #1589 - October 28, 2014, 09:49 PM

I can't really see the problem of Isis losing her wings - from a strictly sexist perspective, of course. She might not be amused herself.

(Clicky for piccy!)

Ooo! Pretty and sensually powerful picture!
  • Previous page 1 ... 51 52 5354 55 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »