Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420627 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 33 34 3536 37 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL
     Reply #1020 - September 20, 2014, 02:59 AM

Well, it enjoys the likes of George Galloway, Myriam Francois-Cerrah, Mehdi Hasan and Yvonne fucking Ridley. What do you except, clear and balanced journalism? Still, they do occasionally have some interesting stuff.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #1021 - September 20, 2014, 12:30 PM

Hamza Yusuf khutbah on ISIS from yesterday.

He talks about ISIS being mentioned in prophecies. And is upset about young boys taking Islam's scriptures literally.

"We have got crucifixions because these idiots read the Quran and they say 'there it is - right there in the Quran - crucify people!'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJo4B-yaxfk

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #1022 - September 20, 2014, 02:17 PM

He talks about ISIS being mentioned in prophecies. And is upset about young boys taking Islam's scriptures literally.

"We have got crucifixions because these idiots read the Quran and they say 'there it is - right there in the Quran - crucify people!'"

Yes yes.. this high school drop out who became a male nurse and could not survive American hospitals became Islamic intellectual and now preaching Islam to unsuspected  folks  of west  who have not read Quran/hadith Islamic history.  

Why not go to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran and preach his Sufi dopi Islam.. ??    Splash few Arabic words and throw lot of lies in English.. that is how Islam goes around and ruins the Muslims kids in West..

Fools talk nonsense about Persecution of alleged Muhammad during in his first 10 years of Islam... And if you open Islamic history from Quran and hadith.,  there is hardly anything.   Big deal some lady threw some trash on him.. Even that also a cock bull story told to children in different ways..

You will see zillion books and million web sites that trumpet  Prophet of Islam  was persecuted by the Meccans for preaching Islam, and this led Prophet to leave Mecca and Move to Yathrib (Medina).  Question is Was Muhammad really Persecuted in Mecca??  When you look at chronological history on the life of Prophet by early Muslim story tellers themselves http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=22184.msg639631#msg639631  tells me there is nothing /very little unlike what fellows like that converted male nurse Hamza Yusuf  is saying in that tube..  Here is all  alleged life of Prophet of Islam  year by year  told by Muslim historians
    571: Birth of the Holy Prophet. Year of the Elephant. Invasion of Makkah by Abraha the Viceroy of Yemen, his retreat.
    577: The Holy Prophet visits Madina with his mother. Death of his mother.
    580: Death of Abdul Muttalib, the grandfather of the Holy Prophet.
    583: The Holy Prophet's journey to Syria in the company of his uncle Abu Talib. His meeting with the monk Bahira at Bisra who foretells of his prophethood.
    586: The Holy Prophet participates in the war of Fijar.
    591: The Holy Prophet becomes an active member of "Hilful Fudul", a league for the relief of the distressed.
    594: The Holy Prophet becomes the Manager of the business of Lady Khadija, and leads her trade caravan to Syria and back.
    595: The Holy Prophet marries Hadrat Khadija. ..
    605: The Holy Prophet arbitrates in a dispute among the Quraish about the placing of the Black Stone in the Kaaba.
    610: The first revelation in the cave at Mt. Hira. The Holy Prophet is commissioned as the Messenger of God.
    613: Declaration at Mt. Sara inviting the general public to Islam.
    614: Invitation to the Hashimites to accept Islam.
    615: Persecution of the Muslims by the Quraish. A party of Muslims leaves for Abyssinia.
    616: Second Hijrah to Abysinnia.
    617: Social boycott of the Hashimites and the Holy Prophet by the Quraish. The Hashimites are shut up in a glen outside Makkah

619: Lifting of the boycott. Deaths of Abu Talib and Hadrat Khadija. Year of sorrow.
    620: Journey to Taif. Ascension to the heavens.
    621: First pledge at Aqaba.
    622: Second pledge at Aqaba. The Holy Prophet and the Muslims migrate to Yathrib.
    623: Nakhla expedition.
    624: Battle of Badr. Expulsion of the Bani Qainuqa Jews from Madina.
    625: Battle of Uhud. Massacre of 70 Muslims at Bir Mauna. Expulsion of Banu Nadir Jews from Madina. Second expedition of Badr.
    626: Expedition of Banu Mustaliq.
    627: Battle of the Trench. Expulsion of Banu Quraiza Jews.
    628: Truce of Hudaibiya. Expedition to Khyber. The Holy Prophet addresses letters to various heads of states.
    629: The Holy Prophet performs the pilgrimage at Makkah. Expedition to Muta (Romans).
    630: Conquest of Makkah. Battles of Hunsin, Auras, and Taif.
    631: Expedition to Tabuk. Year of Deputations.
    632: Farewell pilgrimage at Makkah.
    632: Death of the Holy Prophet.Election of Hadrat Abu Bakr as the Caliph. Usamah leads expedition to Syria. Battles of Zu Qissa and Abraq. Battles of Buzakha, Zafar and Naqra. Campaigns against Bani Tamim and Musailima, the Liar.

Those highlighted  3-4 years between 614 to 617 was the  time that Prophet of Islam allegedly persecuted by Pagan Meccans.. Apparently one of the family was his won uncle and aunt as we see the verses in Quran and in hadith..   And if you carefully look in to hadith of that time  what you have is cock bull stories and bullshit. In fact that made me to think Whole story of Muhammad was created by the early Calipha rulers of Islam adding some stories of leaders/preachers of that time..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1023 - September 20, 2014, 02:21 PM

Yet, he still takes the end-time ahadith literally. These "prophesies" and accusations of being "khawarij" have been leveled against every group that has emerged opposing a prevailing group since the earliest times. The fact of the matter is that Islamic scriptures lend themselves to essentially whatever agenda you'd like to have. All you really have to do is spend the time combing through them and you can find a hadith or an ayah that will suit your cause somehow. Allah must be weary of being beseeched on every side of every conflict in that region for the past 1400 years.
     Reply #1024 - September 20, 2014, 06:16 PM

happymurtad

Indeed, this eschatology is what incites crazies like OBL and GWB.  People like Hamza are culpable in that because they also reinforce the perception that we are close to the end-times.  Once enough idiots start believing in end-times crap, you have the main ingredient of a self-fulfilling prophecy. There's a reason why end-time-believers have kept emerging throughout islamic history, it's because enough *vague* prophecies exist (and I have rarely seen a prophecy that is *not* vague, and I am not talking about islamic prophecies only)

It's funny how at 14:30 he suddenly starts quoting Ali Ibn Abi Talib.... Yea that will go down really well with ISIS loving wahabis!!  I just find it amusing that Sunnis have to resort to quoting Ali to disassociate themselves from the AQ/ISIS types (I remember in the wake of 9/11 Hamza was one of the earliest voices to label them as Kharjiites).

Btw. it's just bizarre how easily 'Khurasan' from the end-time prophecy has been replaced with 'Afghanistan'!

Reply #1025 - September 20, 2014, 08:32 PM

Allah must be weary of being beseeched on every side of every conflict in that region for the past 1400 years.

Weary? No, habibi, it is exactly what he wanted.

Or are you saying an all knowing , all-powerful God did not know his vague and cryptic babblings might be interpreted in many different ways?

No. God clearly wants confusion & conflict. He enjoys the sight of blood being spilt in his name. He is content and well pleased at the crying of widows and the screams of orphans.

Blessed be he Most High.
     Reply #1026 - September 20, 2014, 08:52 PM

S'pose it could be worse. Imagine if the old Aztec religion was currently popular.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1027 - September 20, 2014, 08:58 PM

Ever the optimist, Oz  Afro
     Reply #1028 - September 20, 2014, 09:01 PM

OTOH, it would make for some interesting apologetics. I can just see the politicians insisting that it was one of the world's great religions and inherently peaceful. parrot

Reply #1029 - September 20, 2014, 09:07 PM

Weary? No, habibi, it is exactly what he wanted.

Or are you saying an all knowing , all-powerful God did not know his vague and cryptic babblings might be interpreted in many different ways?

No. God clearly wants confusion & conflict. He enjoys the sight of blood being spilt in his name. He is content and well pleased at the crying of widows and the screams of orphans.

Blessed be he Most High.

Tabaraka wa ta'ala.

He does say that he sets people one against another so that his name will be mentioned in mosques, churches, and synagogues.  Roll Eyes
     Reply #1030 - September 20, 2014, 09:08 PM

Bloody attention whores. Tongue

Reply #1031 - September 21, 2014, 12:35 PM

This excerpt from a khutbah by Abu Usamah At-Thabahi in Green Lane mosque is doing the rounds here - just saw it shared by Yahya Hassan (who earlier has said that he isn't Muslim but likes to recite the Quran):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSrTOwdBiEQ

While people rejoice about the khutbah among those who have shared it I have seen people saying that it is the West and the Nordic that is creating the fitnah.

Found the full khutbah here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAJ86yKQT6U

Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #1032 - September 21, 2014, 01:11 PM

that mosque is one of the hubs of Wahaabi / Salafi hate in Britain. Its just PR.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #1033 - September 21, 2014, 01:49 PM

I used to know Abu Usamah. He was something of an inspiration to me back in the day. He used to be an imam at local masajid and his kids are still here doing whatever. That khutbah is the typical "madkhali" line. It's what we would say in public and in private. (Though the situation is much more nuanced and chaotic within the salafi circles. Abu    Usama was basically chased out of mosques in the eastern US for a bunch of religious and moral issues. Many "madkhali" salafis no longer consider him salafi and he had to go to the UK to find an audience. Still, his anti-jihad rhetoric is genuine.)
     Reply #1034 - September 21, 2014, 01:52 PM

the 'appeals' for mercy all rest on two things.

(1) a technicality. He was under a covenant of security. Therefore to break that is against Islam.

(2) It looks bad for sharia and Islam if he's beheaded.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #1035 - September 21, 2014, 02:08 PM

Yes. The reasons they oppose ISIS and other Jihadi groups have nothing to do with humanistic values. It's all because of technicalities in Islamic law. It's the same in Saudi Arabia when they speak out against their own terrorists. It's not because killing is wrong. It's because the prophet said "whoever kills a person under covenant of security shall not smell the fragrance of Jannah."

The next thing they typically use, the obligation of obedience to those in authority, might actually backfire because for all intents and purposes, ISIS is the authority. The Maliki "rafidhi"government are kuffar to them, so fighting against them is technically permissible, just as fighting against the Ottomans was considered permissible because their "shirk" (worshipping at graves, seeking intercession through saints and prophets, etc.) made them fair game for takfir in the Wahhabi's eyes.

Looking at ISIS must be a very uncomfortable look in the mirror for the Wahhabis.
     Reply #1036 - September 21, 2014, 03:37 PM

http://www.yourmiddleeast.com/culture/exclusive-qa-with-former-islamic-state-member_26696
    This is the typical perspective of a typical Muslim, who is born a Muslim, but didn't know what actually his faith is about, and what is so-called prophet did. And ISIS exactly shown him that.

It kind of reminds me of this:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKcmnrE5oY
     Reply #1037 - September 21, 2014, 04:26 PM

It kind of reminds me of this:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKcmnrE5oY

Cheesy

Though sadly I have no doubt that's exactly how some who joined IS are beginning to feel.

God knows how many British Muslims I've known down the years who made excuse after excuse for Jihadists - clinging on to this utopian idea of what they think an Islamic State is - Justice, peace and no-one ever doing anything bad because, well, the perfect Islamic State will solve every problem - crime, hunger, misery, poverty - heck God would be on their side so no nasty "acts of God" either since they are punishments of course and no-one there would need punishing.

These kids grew up here in the West and for all their hard posing, they're not use to the brutality over there and will have undoubtedly have absorbed some of the "evil" values of the UK. They are used to having the freedom to speak their mind and giving others lecture on right and wrong.

The Iraqis and Syrian Arabs on the other hand come from quite a different culture. One where you do what your fucking told and don't ask questions.

I can see some of the Brits and Europeans really falling foul out there. Some may be experiencing mental problems (god knows most of that type have them to begin with!!) - some must be itching to get away from the whole nightmare.
     Reply #1038 - September 21, 2014, 09:12 PM

It's not like they don't know what ISIS are doing. It's not like the human rights abuses, the rape, the enslaving, the ethnic cleansing, the mass slaughter are things they haven't come across. Sure, they justify it in their own minds, but the fact they would even try to justify it, let alone that they can, is chilling. Personally I wouldn't loose any sleep if we dropped a bomb on them.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #1039 - September 21, 2014, 09:30 PM

It's not like they don't know what ISIS are doing. It's not like the human rights abuses, the rape, the enslaving, the ethnic cleansing, the mass slaughter are things they haven't come across.

Oh you'd be surprised at the level of denial: "It's all lies of the western media, you can't trust tv, papers, radio or basically any information you get from non-Muslims and the liberal sell-out Muslims blah blah blah..."
     Reply #1040 - September 21, 2014, 09:31 PM

It's not just western media though. Middle Eastern media is saying the same shit, in fact it's often more horrific than what's reported in the west.

Reply #1041 - September 21, 2014, 09:50 PM

A Syrian group led by a former member of Osama bin Laden's inner circle is seen as more dangerous than the Islamic State for its potential to launch terror attacks.

Reply #1042 - September 21, 2014, 09:58 PM

It's not just western media though. Middle Eastern media is saying the same shit, in fact it's often more horrific than what's reported in the west.

They don't trust any media or any governments - especially Arab/Middle Eastern ones! They believe they are all in the pay of Zionists etc...
     Reply #1043 - September 21, 2014, 10:47 PM

Ah yes, the entire world is united in a conspiracy. Twats.

Reply #1044 - September 22, 2014, 05:27 AM

These kids grew up here in the West and for all their hard posing, they're not use to the brutality over there and will have undoubtedly have absorbed some of the "evil" values of the UK. They are used to having the freedom to speak their mind and giving others lecture on right and wrong.

Oh, the retro-fitting of Zeitgeist into sacred books, trying to make it look like the very 21st century secular morals came from their scriptures. Other day, I was having a discussion with an Arab Muslim, who lives in west as a neuro-surgeon, and condemns ISIS, but so caught up in the idea is that his prophet is the Insaan-e-Kamil ever to be born in entire fucking human history - he called Ayan Hirsi Ali, a bigot, in the context of some student associations condemning her recently in Yale -

Me: So, why is she a bigot? Just because she criticises your religion?
    He: Her criticism is not worth excreta, lo, look at my article - <his article is full of sophistry and logical fallacies, yet I say>
    Me: Fine, we're not calling you a bigot, for holding the opinion that a person, who is so wretched and sick as an ideal man, so don't force others who are not enamoured by him that much into self-censorship by calling them bigots/islamophobes/racists etc
    He: I'm not against criticism of my religion, my religion teaches me that criticism should be encouraged
    Me: Really? Then why the fuck many Islamic countries have blasphemy laws and kill/condemn the apostates
    He: Well, they are not *TRUE* Islamic states,
    Me: Fine, show me where you got this idea that your religion encourages you to welcome crticism,
    He:  Squirms a little and Shows me "no compulsion, to you your religion, to me my religion" verses and
    Me: I show him verses and hadees showing where his faith is against dissent and try to convince him that these modern day morals - like freedom of speech, he imbued them from secular world and trying to retro-fit them back into his tradition. I point him out that this is intellectual dishonesty.

And I wondered, why? why? A fucking neuro-surgeon - can believe that this pathetic illiterate trader born in backwaters of desert is a fucking prophet?

"Who really knows?
    Who will here proclaim it?
    Whence was it produced? Whence is this creation?
    The gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe.
    Who then knows whence it has arisen?"- Rig Veda, 10:129-6
     Reply #1045 - September 22, 2014, 05:29 AM

The Iraqis and Syrian Arabs on the other hand come from quite a different culture. One where you do what your fucking told and don't ask questions.

This is an article I found on regarding collapse of Arab civilisation - http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/09/the-barbarians-within-our-gates-111116.html#.VB-ufPldWSo

Perhaps, members from middle-eastern backgrounds can elaborate on it more? Do you agree with what is written in the article?

"Who really knows?
     Reply #1046 - September 22, 2014, 07:47 AM

Oh, the retro-fitting of Zeitgeist into sacred books, trying to make it look like the very 21st century secular morals came from their scriptures.... try to convince him that these modern day morals - like freedom of speech, he imbued them from secular world and trying to retro-fit them back into his tradition. I point him out that this is intellectual dishonesty.

...A fucking neuro-surgeon...

Ahh... yes... tell me about it...

I don't know if you ever watched "Goodness Gracious Me" a British TV comedy by Asians living in the UK - they used to have one guy who whenever an invention or anything good was mentioned would say "India" then explain how India invented it. These Muslims are like that. Every conceivable good value, every invention, every modern wonder... well of course it all came from Islam, don't you know!! lol
     Reply #1047 - September 22, 2014, 09:39 AM

Iraq honors its first anti-ISIS female tribal leader

Jawad al-Hattab, Al Arabiya News, Baghdad
    Monday, 15 September 2014

In Arabic, “sheikh” is the title given to a tribal leader. But this time,  Iraqis broke the rule when they granted the title, posthumously, to the country’s first female tribal head, Oumaya Naji al-Jabara.

Jabara was reportedly killed on June 22, following a battle with Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militants in the western province of Salah al-Din.

The mother of four was not forgotten but rather honored when she was named named Iraq’s first woman tribal leader or “Sheikha” on Wednesday, according to the head of the Iraqi Tribal Affairs Office Marid Hasoun.

“Jabara is the first woman in Iraq’s history to be given this title. This is to honor her heroic role in fighting ISIS criminals,” Hasoun told al-Sumaria News website.

A lawyer by profession, Jabara was also a women’s rights activist and a consultant for Salah al-Din’s Women and Social Affairs organization.

She took up arms soon after ISIS started infiltrating the al-Alam district east of the city of Tikrit.

The country’s higher council for human rights said “the sheikha was with her people, heroically resisting the dark forces of ISIS, pushing the militant group to react by bombing the city with mortars...”

Jabara, which literally translates to “mighty” in English, died as a result of a shot to the chest by an ISIS sniper.

Umayyah Naji Jabara 'Took Out Three ISIS Attackers With Rocket Launcher' Before Being Shot By Sniper

The Huffington Post UK     | By Jessica Elgot
    Posted: 25/06/2014 09:39 BST

When ISIS insurgents came for her home province, Umayyah Naji Jabara took matters, or rather a Kalashnikov, into her own hands.

The women's affairs advisor to a provincial governor, Jabara was killed astride a rocket launcher as she led the charge to defend Salahuddin province, east of Tikrit. She had already killed three of the militant group when she was hit, Aawsat News said.

For Jabara, the prominent Sunni daughter of a tribal leader, the fight was deeply personal. Her father Sheik Naji Jabara was killed seven years ago by an al Qaeda car bomb.

Her uncle Abdullah Jabara was killed in an ISIS attack on a provincial council building in Samarra, a city which the insurgents have threatened to take in order to destroy an holy Shi'ite shrine.

The Telegraph, quoting Iraqi authorities, said Jabar was hit by a sniper Sunday, having taken out several of the jihadists as she fought on the frontline.

“A sniper among the terrorists of the ISIS killed her while she was trying, along with tribal elements, to confront an attack by the terrorists in al-Alam district,” a local news agency reported, quoted by the paper.

Iraqi MP Dr Qutaiba al-Jubouri told Nun news : "The martyr and heroine Sheikha Umayya was killed on the berm, holding a gun to fight terrorists and defend the flag." He added that a sniper's bullets had led her "soul to ascend to the Almighty."

Al-Jubouri paid tribute to the "martyrdom of this sister in defence of land and honour against the attacks of the dark forces."

He said that Jabara's fight and subsequent death gave him "tears of joy and a heart full of pride" and had cemented his determination "to defend the soil of Iraq and its sovereignty and dignity".

Jabara's Sunni family had resisted the lure of Sunni militans, such as Isis and other al Qaeda-inspired groups, and stood by the Iraqi government, even aiding US and British troops in their counter-insurgency actions.

Sheikh Jabara founded the Awakening Councils, a network of tribes supportive of the removal of Saddam Hussein, who are credited as a key force in helping the Americans defeat much of al Qaeda in Iraq.

The Associated Press reported this week that President Barack Obama hopes to utilise that network again in the fight against ISIS.

Her uncle, Abdullah, was also killed by ISIS earlier this year while fighting to withstand an attack on the provincial council building in Samarra, one of the major cities in Salahuddin province and home to an important Shiite shrine.

Tributes have poured in to Jabara, including one from the country's beleaguered Shi'ite prime minister Nouri Al-Maliki.

“The name of the martyr Umayyah Naji Jabara has been added today to the chapter of Iraqi immortality,” he said.

Reply #1048 - September 22, 2014, 10:04 AM

Ahh... yes... tell me about it...

I don't know if you ever watched "Goodness Gracious Me" a British TV comedy by Asians living in the UK - they used to have one guy who whenever an invention or anything good was mentioned would say "India" then explain how India invented it. These Muslims are like that. Every conceivable good value, every invention, every modern wonder... well of course it all came from Islam, don't you know!! lol

I have watched it few years back, not all episodes -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5QgeCL1fs

---

he cited this verse - 25:63 - to bolster his argument that Islam supports freedom of speech and welcomes criticism.

Pickthall: The (faithful) slaves of the Beneficent are they who walk upon the earth modestly, and when the foolish ones address them answer: Peace;

Saudi version: And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness.

"Who really knows?
     Reply #1049 - September 22, 2014, 10:54 AM

An Iraqi tribal leader with a vagina? Huh?

• Previous page 1 ... 33 34 3536 37 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »