Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420291 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 32 33 3435 36 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL
     Reply #990 - September 19, 2014, 09:33 AM

France launches first air strikes on IS in Iraq

French jets have carried out their first strikes against Islamic State (IS) militants in Iraq, the office of President Francois Hollande says.

France was already carrying out reconnaissance flights over Iraq and providing weapons to Kurdish fighters.

President Hollande said on Thursday that French air strikes would only target the jihadist group's positions in Iraq, and not neighbouring Syria.

He also insisted that he would not send ground troops.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29277630
     Reply #991 - September 19, 2014, 09:58 AM

France has also taken the move to refer to ISIS as Daesh cutthroats. ISIS find being referred to as Daesh offensive.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #992 - September 19, 2014, 10:10 AM

Good going France on the Daesh approach.
     Reply #993 - September 19, 2014, 10:38 AM

I saw many foreign recruits who were put in the suicide squads not because they were "great and God wanted it" as IS commanders praised them in front of us, but basically because they were useless for IS, they spoke no Arabic, they weren’t good fighters and had no professional skills.  They were brainwashed into the “women in heaven” and those they could rape on earth before they eventually killed themselves.

I saw six jihadists demanding that a Christian women and her daughter become their wives. The daughter was about 12-13-years-old. I told the jihadists forcing women is forbidden in Islam and children can't be touched under any circumstances. They loaded their guns in my face and told me to leave. I immediately left to the local court that was based in a small house, but the judge was worse, he said I was wrong because 13-year-old girl is not considered a child, essentially because prophet Muhammad married his wife, Aisha, when she was only 9 years old. He accused me of having poor faith in the practices of prophet Muhammad for which I could have been detained and possibly punished with tough sentences, but my field commander soon arrived and saved me.

http://www.yourmiddleeast.com/culture/exclusive-qa-with-former-islamic-state-member_26696

This is the typical perspective of a typical Muslim, who is born a Muslim, but didn't know what actually his faith is about, and what is so-called prophet did. And ISIS exactly shown him that.

"Who really knows?
    Who will here proclaim it?
    Whence was it produced? Whence is this creation?
    The gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe.
    Who then knows whence it has arisen?"- Rig Veda, 10:129-6
     Reply #994 - September 19, 2014, 10:43 AM

If anything,  ISIS might me making so many Muslims as atheists/agnostics at rocket speed. Subhan Allah!

That's what happens when modern Zeitgeist spirit imbued in many Muslims(like all other humans in the 21st century world), is made to face actual morals based on the Quran/Sunnah. This is all so surreal.

This also exposes the intellectual dishonesty of apologists who try to retro-fit their 21st century morals back into Quran and try to sugar coat it.

"Who really knows?
     Reply #995 - September 19, 2014, 10:52 AM

Nice find.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #996 - September 19, 2014, 11:30 AM

Amazing article. Thanks Ar-Razi!

I decided to risk my life to escape after I witnessed a wounded captured Kurdish YPG fighter publically beheaded. He was about my age, but unlike me he was extremely brave. He spat on every jihadist around him. He shouted slogans about Kurdish freedom and Abdullah Ocalan. I had never seen anyone so brave in my life. His fingers were cut yet he shouted insults against the jihadists. He was finally beheaded from behind to suffer and salt was put on his half-cult neck to die in agony but he did not give up until he painfully died this way. Children too were present at the public execution.

[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

Holy Quran, Surah Al-Anfal ("Spoils of War") Ayat 12.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #997 - September 19, 2014, 11:31 AM

Wow! Thanks for posting this, Ar-Razi.

I strongly recommend ppl read this.
     Reply #998 - September 19, 2014, 12:01 PM

http://www.yourmiddleeast.com/culture/exclusive-qa-with-former-islamic-state-member_26696

This is the typical perspective of a typical Muslim, who is born a Muslim, but didn't know what actually his faith is about, and what is so-called prophet did. And ISIS exactly shown him that.

interesting link from Ar-Razi ., well let me that whole interview here because it is very useful to the readers..

EXCLUSIVE: Q&A with former Islamic State member  By Rozh Ahmad   Last updated: September 19, 2014

WAR IN SYRIA Islamic State (IS) member "Sherko Omer" would now be a dead jihadist hadn’t he surrendered to the pro-Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) in northeast Syria earlier this year. Journalist Rozh Ahmad met him to learn more about the experience.

In this interview "Omer" explains how he left his hometown in Iraqi Kurdistan to join the Syrian opposition and eventually became an IS member, what he witnessed and the reasons for which he risked his life to exit the extremist Islamic organisation.

Why and how did you join the Islamic State (IS) in Syria?

Two friends and I decided to leave Iraqi Kurdistan to join the Syrian opposition and its fight against the regime. In October 2013 we got contacts from several people close to the Kurdistan Islamic Group (Komal) in my hometown, Halabja. We were told that the contacts were members of the Free Syria Army (FSA). We met the contacts in Turkey and they took us to a hotel for few days. Afterward, they took us to a training camp on the Turkey-Syria border and we found ourselves at an ISIS (or IS) camp instead of FSA.

But how is it possible that you weren’t aware your contacts were IS jihadists?

Well, we spoke with them in standard Arabic but they did not mention anything about IS until we were at the training camp. They talked against the regime as a machinery killing its own Muslim people and we had already heard that from FSA on TV. Moreover, they had no beards, dressed in modern clothes and even took us to a hotel in the Turkish city of Kilis. We therefore assumed that they were FSA not IS, as did many others who came to Turkey to join the Syrian opposition but joined us at the IS camp.

Is it true that IS trains new recruits for beheadings on dead bodies at the camps?

Not true for the camp I was at, where beheading training was practiced with chickens and other animals. I did not do it because when we arrived they asked for my skills and qualifications and because I am a technical professional and I had qualifications, I was assigned to technical works and trained with pistols and lightweight weapons. This is because my main duty was to learn the communication equipment, interception of enemy phone and radio lines as well as rescuing digital gadgets and archives during attacks. I never engaged in a firefight and this was the precise reason why Kurdish YPG fighters agreed to hand me back to my family after months of investigations.

How did IS members treat you as a new recruit?

IS commanders were very nice and respectful at the camp. You would think you knew them for many years. They gave us the best food; clothes, weapons and we enjoyed the friendship and brotherhood. In reality we knew deep inside there was a choice to leave, but (we started) to think of ourselves as fighters taking this brotherhood and luxury to Syria and we were told that we had secured a place in heaven too, that was very comforting. But beside these facts, to be honest staying also felt like a moral obligation since they spent money, gave us food, clothes, cars and respected us so much that leaving the camp felt like betraying the good deeds of those people.

What about the promise of virgin angles in heaven, is there any truths to this?

Yes, of course. We were told that as martyrs we would have 72 eternal virgins in heaven and we can save dozens of our close relatives from hell too.

So, IS promises its' recruits 72 virgin angels and you are saying this is not "anti-Islamic propaganda" as some people may otherwise claim?

We were promised women in heaven and on earth too based on IS jihadist teaching of the verses of some Suras of the holy book of Quran and hadiths by prophet Muhammad, all of which were explained through the Tafsir (explanation) by Islamic scholars like Ibn Majah, Bukhari and Ibn Kathir. We were told all non-Muslim women prisoners will be our wives and God wills it.

In Islamic holy war you cannot kill enemy women and children under any circumstances, they can only be taken as prisoners. It is permissible to have sexual intercourse with the captive women even if jihadists are married. You can buy and sell these women but for the children you have to raise them as home workers or teach them to become jihadists. I did none of these things because I was a communication technician not in the battlefield. And, who would claim otherwise when IS openly and proudly say they are carrying out these acts as implementation of Islamic Sharia.

Nonetheless, there are Muslim women who willingly offer their bodies for IS jihadists and this is called "Sex for Jihad" and they too will be compensated in heaven according to IS. However, these women were mostly with the commanders, I did not see average jihadist fighters with these Muslim women.

And everyone believed in this at the camp?

The consequences of disbelieving were not clear in an environment where they practice beheading. Nonetheless, many IS jihadist fighters truly believed all this but foreign recruits had no clue as to what the verses of holy Quran actually meant. I saw many foreign recruits who were put in the suicide squads not because they were "great and God wanted it" as IS commanders praised them in front of us, but basically because they were useless for IS, they spoke no Arabic, they weren’t good fighters and had no professional skills.  They were brainwashed into the “women in heaven” and those they could rape on earth before they eventually killed themselves. I am alive partly thanks to my qualifications.

You have to remember that IS has been portrayed as an organisation of gangs only, although this is evident what they do, but the political leadership pay unbelievable attention to education and educated recruits. But at the end of the day good moral values are based on the way education and intelligence are being used.

So IS jihadists could just take women prisoners and sleep with them against their will, which the world considers rape?

Not only I say this but the IS emirs and commanders openly and proudly says it too. They believe it is permissible to sleep with women prisoners even against their will if they are infidels, non-Muslims and apostate women.  This happened to Christian women in Al-Raqqa after their husbands were publically beheaded and I witnessed it. Now it is happening to Kurdish Yezidi women of Sinjar in Iraqi Kurdistan.

What did you witness in Al-Raqqa?

After training, my two Kurdish friends left to A'zaz where they have been confirmed killed now, but I was assigned to work as a technician in Al-Raqqa in the communications department. I was once told to go to a house to test some equipment to see if they can be useful for the technical and communication bureau. Once inside I realised it was a Christian home.

I saw six jihadists demanding that a Christian women and her daughter become their wives. The daughter was about 12-13-years-old. I told the jihadists forcing women is forbidden in Islam and children can't be touched under any circumstances. They loaded their guns in my face and told me to leave. I immediately left to the local court that was based in a small house, but the judge was worse, he said I was wrong because 13-year-old girl is not considered a child, essentially because prophet Muhammad married his wife, Aisha, when she was only 9 years old. He accused me of having poor faith in the practices of prophet Muhammad for which I could have been detained and possibly punished with tough sentences, but my field commander soon arrived and saved me.

This was the reason that made you leave IS?

I wanted to leave first week into my post in Al-Raqqa but I was a coward, scared of getting beheaded and did not know my way out. Unlike at the camp, IS jihadists acted as God in Al-Raqqa. They were rude, arrested and killed anybody for no real reason.

I decided to risk my life to escape after I witnessed a wounded captured Kurdish YPG fighter publically beheaded. He was about my age, but unlike me he was extremely brave. He spat on every jihadist around him. He shouted slogans about Kurdish freedom and Abdullah Ocalan. I had never seen anyone so brave in my life. His fingers were cut yet he shouted insults against the jihadists. He was finally beheaded from behind to suffer and salt was put on his half-cult neck to die in agony but he did not give up until he painfully died this way. Children too were present at the public execution. However, I felt very sick afterward and did not sleep for a week thinking I am either going to runaway or kill myself, but thank God the chance came soon afterward in the city of Serekaniye.

How and why did you end up in Serekaniye (Ras Al-Ain) because I am not sure if it is possible to travel from Al-Raqqa to the Kurdish region these days?  

My commander said Kurdish YPG was an infidel secularist army and impure, arguing that each jihadist has the duty to first purify his own people and if we were all pure then infidels would not exit. The commander and others too gave me examples of Palestine and Israel as well as Kosovo and Serbs.  They told me jihadists should first fight impure Muslims of Palestine and Kosovo to purify them and this way Israelis and Serbs would not exist. This was argued against my Kurdish people too.  I joined a new battalion; we went back to Turkey and crossed the Turkish border to enter Serekaniye.

And what about the Ceylanpinar Turkish border post that is heavily controlled by Turkish soldiers?

They just turned a blind eye.

How?

"Children too were present at the public execution"
    We were initially told by the IS field commander to fear nothing because there was cooperation with the Turks at the border. The watchtower light caught us and our commander said everybody should stop but do not look at the light. He talked on the radio, then the watchtower light began to move after 8-10 minutes and that was the signal saying we could safely cross the border.

When and how did you finally escape IS in Serekaniye?

I was sent to fix radios, communication equipment and help resolve technical issues of a small base north of Serekaniye end of February 2014. I joined a new battalion for this because IS planned to regroup northeast Syria to attack the YPG. I fixed all the faulty equipment after I arrived in Serekaniye, but then they asked me to intercept and interpret YPG radio communications. YPG members spoke Kurmanji Kurdish and I spoke Sorani Kurdish, but I could've tried harder to accurately intercept and interpret YPG radios and track their next moves, but when I heard female fighters speaking in Kurdish over the radio I just couldn’t do it.

Nearly a week passed at the base and it was the YPG that attacked our campsite. I was lucky because I was at the last outpost faraway when YPG first attacked and I immediately surrendered after YPG sniper killed the two jihadists beside me. I shouted in Kurdish, they told me to go closer and get naked and after it was clear that I had no suicide belt, they accepted my surrender.  It is true that I have physically escaped now thanks to God and thanks to the YPG, but Al-Raqqa is mentally haunting me now because what I have witnessed is just pure horror.

"Sherko Omer" is a pseudonym. His real identity has been kept secret for security reasons. The views expressed are his own.

Rozh Ahmad @rozhahmadmedia:  Rozh Ahmad is a journalist based in Paris. He grew up in England but has his roots in Iraq’s Kurdish region. In the last three years, Rozh has reported from and about Kurds in Europe, Iraq, Iran, Turkey and Syria for various English and Kurdish publications.

Hmm.,   So How do we know that it is not a western right wing   or Shia Islam propaganda against Sunni Islam or against Turkey?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #999 - September 19, 2014, 12:09 PM

Hmm.,  So How do we know that it is not a western right wing or Shia Islam propaganda against Sunni Islam or against Turkey?

Some previous articles by Rozh Ahmad: https://www.opendemocracy.net/author/rozh-ahmad
    I don't see anything there that suggests western or Shia propaganda though I suppose it could be argued that he's pushing a Kurdish agenda.
     Reply #1000 - September 19, 2014, 01:01 PM

Some previous articles by Rozh Ahmad: https://www.opendemocracy.net/author/rozh-ahmad
    I don't see anything there that suggests western or Shia propaganda though I suppose it could be argued that he's pushing a Kurdish agenda.

well zeca that is a open secret of  Rozh Ahmad And there is nothing wrong with that., Kurds were in soup all the time  since  2nd world war ., Like Jewish folks they too spread around 4 or 5 countries in the middle east.  And their Islam is a combination of  Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Manichaeism, and Shia.   So he does have motive against ISIS Islamic Caliph ..

Anyways ., As previous strains of Viral Islam  such as all these Islamic movements
    Abu Nidal organization (ANO)
    Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)
     Ahl-e-Hadees
    Aid for Northern Ireland
    Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade
    Al-`Asifa
    Al-Badhr Mujahidin
    Al Faran
    Al-Fatah
    al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya
    Al-Ittihad al-Islami (AIAI)
    al-Jihad
    al-Qa'ida (The Base)
    Ali Suleiyman
    Amn Araissi
    Ansar al-Islam
    Arab Revolutionary Brigades
    Armed Islamic Group (GIA)
    Armed Islamic Movement [AIM]
    'Asbat al-Ansar
    Brigades of the Martyr Abdallah Al Hudhaifi
    Eritrean Islamic Jihad Movement
    Fatah Revolutionary Council
    Fatah Special Operations Group
    Fighting Islamic Group (FIG)
    al-Gama'at al-Islamiyya
    Great East Islamic Raiders–Front (IBDA-C)
    HAMAS
    Harakat ul-Ansar (HUA)
    Harakat ul-Jihad-I-Islami (HUJI)
    Harakat ul-Jihad-I-Islami/Bangladesh (HUJI-B)
    Harakat ul-Mujahidin (HUM)
    Hizballah Al Khalji
    Hizballah [Bahrain]
    Hizballa [Kuwait]
    Hizballah [Lebanon]
    Hizbullah [Turkish]
    Hizb-i-Islami
    Hizb-I Islami Gulbuddin (HIG)
    Hizb-i Wahdat
    Hizb ul-Mujahidin (HM)
    Ikhwan-ul-Mussalmin
    International Front for Jihad Against the Jews and Crusaders
    International Islamic Front for Jihad Against the Jews and Crusaders
    Islamic Army of Aden
    Islamic Group (IG)
    Islamic Great Eastern Raiders Front
    Jamat-E- Islami
    Islamic Armed Group (GIA)
    Islamic International Peacekeeping Brigade
    Islamic Jihad [Egypt]
    Islamic Jihad [Lebanon]
    Islamic Jihad [Turkey]
    Islamic Jihad for the Liberation of Palestine
    Islamic Liberation Army (AIS)
    Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU)
    Islamic Movement Organization
    Islamic Movement for Change
    Islamic Reform Movement
    Islamic Resistance Movement
    Islamic Salvation Army
    Islamic Salvation Front / Movement (FIS)
    Islamic Salvation Movement
    Islamic Union (Al-Ittihad al-Islami)
    Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM)
    Al-Jama’a al-Islamiyyah al-Muqatilah bi-Libya
    Jemaah Islamiya (JI)
    Jamat-e-Islami
    Jamaat ul-Fuqra
    Jamiat-e-Ahl-e-Hadees
    Jamiat ul-Mujahidin
    Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF)
     Lashkar I Jhangvi
    Lashkar-e-Taiba
    Liberation Army of the Islamic Sanctuaries
    Martyrs of Tal Al Za'atar
    Moro Islamic Liberation Front [MILF]
    Movement for an Islamic State
    Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MEK or MKO)
    Muslim Brotherhood
    Muslim Iranian Student's Society
    Muslims Against Global Oppresion
    Muttahida Jihad Council [MJC]
    Osama bin Laden
    Palestine Islamic Jihad (PIJ)
    Palestine Liberation Front (PLF)
    Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO)
    Salafist Group for Call and Combat (GSPC)
    Shora-e-Jehad
    Sipah I Sahaba Pakistan
    Supreme Council for Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SCIRI)
    Supreme Assembly of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SAIRI)
    Talaa' al-Fateh
    Taleban
    The Brotherhood
    Turkish Hizballah
    Turkish Islamic Jihad

This ISIS drawing all heroes of Islam along with criminal of Islam in to one fold..    Look at that How many groups came out of Islam ., May be West should leave ISIS alone  for  some time but help the refugees and control THEIR (west) HOME GROWN JIHADI ISLAMIC HEROES..   Sure ISIS will drown itself without any external interference .. As far as this beheading Islamic  syndrome is concerned there is little doubt that this is done by the off shoots of  Al-Qaeda from Pak-Afghan-western Jihadi  Islamic heroes  

Reply #1001 - September 19, 2014, 01:12 PM

So much of the Quran lends itself quite perfectly to IS’s agenda it’s scary. I can almost hear the verses they must be reciting during fajr prayers in their camps to rile themselves up before they go off raiding and killing.

“It is he who expelled the disbelievers from among the people of the book from their homes at the first gathering. You did not think that they would leave, and they thought that their fortresses would protect them from Allah. But Allah came at them from where they never expected and cast terror into their hearts.”

“And he brought down those who supported them from the people of the scripture from their fortresses: Some you killed and some you took as captives. And He caused you to inherit their land and their homes and their properties and a land which you have not trodden, and Allah is able to do all things.”

“And what Allah gave as spoils to his messenger from the people of the towns, you did not have to expend cavalry or mounted camels, but Allah gives his messengers power against whomever he wills.”

And so many more verses. It must be very awkward for Muslims familiar with the Qur’an to have to deal with the glaring similarities.
     Reply #1002 - September 19, 2014, 02:02 PM

IS forces are currently in a heavy offense against Kurdish areas in the Kobani area. IS has taken 21 villages and Kobani is at risk of being taken. The PYD with the YPG and YPJ militias are the forces that hold the Kurdish areas there. and they are allied with PKK (as in opposition to the governing faction of Iraqi Kurdistan, KDP, which reportedly is resentful regarding helping the YPG/PKK. It was YPG who did the most regarding helping saving the Yezidis and others trapped on Mount Sinjar a month ago by fighting their way from Syria and clearing a safe passage.

EDIT: Just read that KDP has stopped battle-hardened PUK forces (yet another Kurdish faction) from going to Kobani to help YPG/YPJ.

They are fearing a new situation like that in Sinjar with mass executions and mass enslavement and rape of surviving Kurdish women and girls.

From the fighting last night:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG83yEo-2HA

YPG/YPJ fighting an IS tank - note the female voices from the fighters. Video mentioned in article below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evHMvXTFGW4

Kurds call for help to fight ISIL in Syria

Turkish Kurds issue call to arms after Islamic State group fighters besiege Kurdish Syrian city in major assault.

Islamic State fighters have besieged a Kurdish city in northern Syria after seizing 21 villages in a major assault, prompting a call to arms from Kurds in neighbouring Turkey who urged followers to go and help resist the group's advance.

Thursday’s attack on the city of Ayn al-Arab, known as Kobani in Kurdish, came two days after a top US military officer said the Syrian opposition would probably need the help of the Syrian Kurds to defeat the Islamic State (ISIL) fighters.

ISIL fighters, armed with heavy weaponry including tanks, seized the villages near Kobani in an offensive which the UK-based Syrian Observatory monitoring group said had started on Tuesday night.

It said 21 villages had fallen to Islamic State in the last 24 hours.

"We've lost touch with many of the residents living in the villages that [ISIL] seized," Ocalan Iso, deputy head of the Kurdish forces in Kobani, told the Reuters news agency via Skype.

He said the group was committing massacres and kidnapping women in the newly-seized areas, giving the names of 28 members of a single family he said had been taken captive. It was not possible to verify his account immediately.

The Kurds were appealing for military aid from other Kurdish groups in the region including the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), he said.

Support from Kurds who crossed from Turkey helped to repel an ISIL attack on Kobani in July. Turkish PKK rebels later issued a call for young men in Turkey's southeast to join the fight in northern Syria.

"The youth of northern Kurdistan [southeast Turkey] should go to Kobani and take part in the historic, honourable resistance," the PKK said in a statement on its website.

Footage posted on YouTube on Wednesday by the YPG, the main Kurdish armed group in Syria, appeared to show Kurdish fighters armed with assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades battling a tank flying the Islamic State's black flag west of Kobani.

Complex relations

Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said the governors of border provinces in Turkey, where Kurdish fighters have waged a three-decade insurgency to push for greater autonomy, had been ordered to extend aid to refugees on the Syrian side of the border.

Western states have expanded contact with the main Syrian Kurdish party, the PYD, since the ISIL seized wide areas of Iraq in June. The YPG, which says it has 50,000 fighters, says it should be a natural partner in a coalition the US is trying to assemble to fight the ISIL.

But the Syrian Kurds' relationship with the West is complicated by their ties to the PKK - a group listed as a terrorist organisation in many Western states because of the armed insurgency it waged for Kurdish rights in Turkey.

Time to strongarm Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and support the Kurds.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #1003 - September 19, 2014, 03:07 PM

Time to strongarm Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and support the Kurds.

what is that strongarm Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait means Nikolaj? and who will do that strong arm tactics? west??   anyways let me put these pictures of demography here.
    Demographic composition of Syria

Total population: 22,530,746 (July 2012 est.)

According to an estimate, Syria is divided into Sunni Arabs (60 percent), Shia (17 percent including 11% Alawites, 2% Twelvers, 2% Ismailis and 3% Druze), Christians (13 percent including 9% Orthodox and 4% Areminians), Kurds (9 percent), Bedouin, Turcomans, Circassians, and Assyrians (1 percent).

According to other sources, the demographic composition as follows:
    [quote]Religious composition:

Sunni Shafi’i Muslims: 48% (up to 57%)
    Sunni Hanafi Muslims: 11% (up to 14%)
    Salafi Sunnis: 1%

Total Sunnis: 60% to 72%

Total Sunnis minus Kurd population (i.e., Sunni Arab population): 50% to 60%

Shia Alawites: 11% (up to 20%)
    Shia Druze: 3%
    Shia Twelever: 2%
    Shia Ismailis: 2%
    Christians: 13% (up to 15%)
    Total Shias and Christians: 30% to 40%

Ethnic composition:

Arab 85%
    Kurds 10%
    Armenians, others 5%

Why ethno-religious division?

Innocent blood is being spilt in the streets of Damascus, Aleppo and other cities and towns while Assads,Erdogans and the House of Saud remain interested in securing their own political interests. The violence from both sides has been intense, and the population is now divided beyond reconciliation between the parties involved. A regime change won’t extinguish the divisions that already exist and are getting more entrenched every day.

The only thing that can stop the violence is a national division along ethno-religious (or ethno-sectarian) lines.[/quote]

Areas of large Kurdish population in red

I wonder whether we could eliminate all these divisions in the human race in my life time..

Reply #1004 - September 19, 2014, 04:48 PM

well zeca that is a open secret of  Rozh Ahmad And there is nothing wrong with that., Kurds were in soup all the time  since  2nd world war ., Like Jewish folks they too spread around 4 or 5 countries in the middle east.  And their Islam is a combination of  Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Manichaeism, and Shia.   So he does have motive against ISIS Islamic Caliph ..

He also did this documentary on Kurdish women fighters in Syria. I'm not sure if it's already been posted here but anyway it's worth watching. I guess it's also a bit propagandist.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCCODxq8diI&list=UUZeV1SU-DA0Wdd0E0FreVog
     Reply #1005 - September 19, 2014, 07:10 PM

What we have here is typical history. Written by the victors. Dead men tell no tales. The written history, claimed authentic by millions of people validates every sort of inhumane behaviour that we are currently witnessing. This is clear emulation. Why do you want history from the vanquished masses? You know about the book burnings, right? The libraries lost?

I didn't think there would be much left, so I was really grasping at straws just in case some previously unknown of accounts had resurfaced later. I just wanted to know if the victims of invasions had any writings detailing the invaders and behaviour of the 'new incumbents'. It would have been interesting to hear the other side, but as you say, history is written by the victors.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #1006 - September 19, 2014, 07:39 PM

Afro Afro Afro Afro

Four thumbs-up for four middle fingers.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #1007 - September 19, 2014, 07:41 PM

Thanks Tonyt for that link.

Is that all there is? Doesn't seem like very much does it? I suppose critical accounts would have been destroyed by invading armies.  Are there any texts that cover later conquests as the empire spread over the centuries?

Fred Starr's book Lost Enlightenment, which I've mentioned on the Islamic Golden Age thread, has a bit about this in regard to the invasion of Central Asia. He also suggests that this was unusually brutal.

There must be some original sources for this that can be tracked down.
     Reply #1008 - September 19, 2014, 07:47 PM

Reminds me of a quote.

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it. - Sir Winston Churchill.

Don't think anyone is suggesting that Churchill made up the Nasties or the holocaust though, so yes although history is written by the victors, that is not to say that it all lies.

In this day and age, publication of accounts is so easily accessible to people via internet etc, I think we have more access to both sides of an issue than we have by just relying on what the victors or those in power write.

Reply #1009 - September 19, 2014, 08:02 PM

Fred Starr's book Lost Enlightenment, which I've mentioned on the Islamic Golden Age thread, has a bit about this in regard to the invasion of Central Asia. He also suggests that this was unusually brutal.

There must be some original sources for this that can be tracked down.

Thank you Zeca and all the others who have posted pointers for me to look into, this is the type of thing I was looking for.

Plenty to keep me busy.

Reply #1010 - September 19, 2014, 08:09 PM

Adey5 - here's a link for the Lost Enlightenment passage on Qutayba: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=kW8PAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA110&lpg=PA110&dq=qutayba+was+a+master+at&source=bl&ots=CF3cwNF7Xh&sig=AE4BPwxQowW9Lrb1YO8bbzPLUVM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=24wcVO-hI9PdaMyngvgP&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=qutayba%20was%20a%20master%20at&f=false

Wiki link:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qutayba_ibn_Muslim

Wiki doesn't exactly dwell on atrocities though.

You might find more here:
    Islamic Central Asia: An Anthology of Historical Sources
     Reply #1011 - September 19, 2014, 08:48 PM

Wow! Thanks for posting this, Ar-Razi.

I strongly recommend ppl read this.

Yes, me too, very insightful.

Reply #1012 - September 19, 2014, 09:18 PM

Thank you again Zeca,

That Qutayba fella, he was a pesky scallywag, eh?  Going around wiping out all the men, taking all the women for sex, and raising the children with malleable minds to be the next generation. Very tactical.

Wonder where he got that idea from? Thinking hard

Reply #1013 - September 19, 2014, 09:56 PM

S. Frederick Starr  really did good Job on that book   .,

Well deal making with opposition  and destroying kingdom/governments/cultures/religions  is the name of the game in Islam since its beginning..  

Reply #1014 - September 19, 2014, 10:46 PM

And their Islam is a combination of  Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Manichaeism, and Shia. 

Interesting. I remember reading about a saying in Kurdish that "Compared to a non-muslim, a Kurd is a Muslim".

If there are any group of people out there in west asia, who are giving the only good PR for Islam - it's Kurds.

"Who really knows?
     Reply #1015 - September 19, 2014, 10:56 PM

Kobane is falling to ISIS thugs, and I'm seeing tweets saying that YPG are running out of ammunition, and Mainstream media is eerily silent.

"Who really knows?
     Reply #1016 - September 19, 2014, 11:28 PM

Interesting. I remember reading about a saying in Kurdish that "Compared to a non-muslim, a Kurd is a Muslim".

If there are any group of people out there in west asia, who are giving the only good PR for Islam - it's Kurds.

The day Freedom of expression is protected by all governments at any cost against faiths., no one can be good PR to Islam for  that matter no one  be a good PR  for any faith   Mr.  Ar-Razi ..

Reply #1017 - September 20, 2014, 12:28 AM

Meeting ISIL - PressTV docu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYj0cRSU-Fs&feature=player_embedded

Reply #1018 - September 20, 2014, 02:11 AM

Kurds are sick of religion. Look at their location and you can understand why.

I do not get why the KDP would prevent the PUK from going to Syria. They are on the same ballot.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #1019 - September 20, 2014, 02:13 AM

Isn't PressTV a channel of the Iranian Regime? Not very accurate, in my opinion. I have seen lots of garbage on there.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Previous page 1 ... 32 33 3435 36 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »