Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 420273 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 27 28 2930 31 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #840 - August 27, 2014, 11:07 PM

rosy tainted

'Hello Ruby in the dust.'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fAXl97-RFg
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #841 - August 28, 2014, 12:30 AM

I would say Maajid Nawaz is moderate.

I think there are many moderate, nice, loving, kind theists, who while they would never dream of acting on them, simultaneously hold extreme beliefs, like hell.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #842 - August 28, 2014, 12:37 AM

I would say Maajid Nawaz is moderate.

He strikes me as a secular agnostic in the British tradition.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #843 - August 28, 2014, 12:42 AM

So like a not sure/ non-believing Anglican David?
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #844 - August 28, 2014, 01:29 AM

That was my drift, yes.

He even wears the tweed jacket of an old-school Anglican, though rather better cut.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #845 - August 28, 2014, 10:22 AM

I get that impression of him too. Like he might not be a true believer but still identifies as Muslim and wants to better the community. I also sometimes think Andy C might just be a publicity stunt and doesn't believe in his own crap.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #846 - August 28, 2014, 01:32 PM

rape and sexual slavery in an ISIS prison, Yazidi girls as young as 14. British jihadis are involved

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/28/rape-and-sexual-slavery-inside-an-isis-prison.html

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #847 - August 28, 2014, 10:07 PM

Horrific, but it's ISIS, so not unexpected.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #848 - August 28, 2014, 11:35 PM

There are already conspiracy kooks spreading the ideas that ISIS is all a CIA/Mossad/FBI hoax, or a media mind control program..

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/14/cia-israel-isis-conspiracy-theories-hilary-clinton_n_5677687.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYXXcwuJtbQ

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #849 - August 29, 2014, 07:40 AM

lul even my dad thinks ISIS is jewish conspiracy.

I'll believe it when real evidence is present to show this.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #850 - August 29, 2014, 07:53 AM

lul even my dad thinks ISIS is jewish conspiracy.

I'll believe it when real evidence is present to show this.

well if we carefully think it appears to be that way Nergal., without Juice there would not be Islam. If Israel was not there on the map happy go lucky caliphas would have lived happily with some 20 mini kingdoms and their harems. And and rest of the world would have cared very little about what goes on in these caliphats

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #851 - August 29, 2014, 12:36 PM

Even though the ISIS assholes pushed me towards "liking" that asshole Bashar Assad - a very hard feat to do - on the other side I see some positive side effects that are emerging from their deeds and their existence.

First of all, the extremely devout religious Salafi Islamists, who are prone to commit violence for their ideology, are going to wage war over there, instead of starting a war in their home countries. This in turn, makes people who sit on the fence take a stance and thus, in Kosovo at least, many of the quite religious people are distancing themselves openly from this wahabi/salafi bullshit.

The "only" downside is, that in order for us to be able to get rid of these assholes from our society, Iraqis and Syrians have to suffer....   

Just look at the sun and the moon, rotating around the earth perfectly! Out of all the never ending space in the universe, the sun and moon ended up close to earth rotating around it perfectly.!!

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #852 - August 29, 2014, 01:42 PM

I get that impression of him too. Like he might not be a true believer but still identifies as Muslim and wants to better the community. I also sometimes think Andy C might just be a publicity stunt and doesn't believe in his own crap.

Andy C? Not the Drum and Bass DJ/producer? Please tell me he is not a Muslim now.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #853 - August 29, 2014, 01:50 PM

Bardhi, note that ISIS is in open war with every other rebel group in Syria.

It hasn't been until recently that ISIS and the Assad regime seriously have been in fighting. Before Assad's forces bombed them when they went in the wrong direction but didn't do anything when they went for areas controlled by other rebels or the Kurds. Now they are moving in on Aleppo and some cynical people say that Assad will let them have it so he can be the grand liberator when his forces retake the city.

ISIS has been a tremendous help to the Assad regime both militarily and PR-wise.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #854 - August 29, 2014, 02:19 PM

Even though the ISIS assholes pushed me towards "liking" that asshole Bashar Assad - a very hard feat to do - on the other side I see some positive side effects that are emerging from their deeds and their existence.

First of all, the extremely devout religious Salafi Islamists, who are prone to commit violence for their ideology, are going to wage war over there, instead of starting a war in their home countries. This in turn, makes people who sit on the fence take a stance and thus, in Kosovo at least, many of the quite religious people are distancing themselves openly from this wahabi/salafi bullshit.

The "only" downside is, that in order for us to be able to get rid of these assholes from our society, Iraqis and Syrians have to suffer....  

well are they( Iraqis and Syrians ) not suffering now Bardhi_i_zi? or you think it is ging to be worse than this your read from today's news..  And the News Says...

Isis 'A Message in Blood' video shows beheading of Kurdish man in Iraq

And those are the two images  see at that link by that  .independent.co.uk   news., Well  read the news at that link but  I am not sure what more sufferings those who still live in Iraq and Syria will see when these HEROES OF ISLAM start ruling that those countries without any opposition from any one..

That is today's news..   read more at http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28975638?ocid=socialflow_twitter

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #855 - August 29, 2014, 02:37 PM

I know they are suffering and will suffer until these bastards are wiped out. But as I said, the overall the brutality of these idiots makes a lot religious muslims from different parts of the world distance themselves from their philosophy and leave the ranks of Salafi/Wahabi assholes that are fueling the ISIS movement. This is a "positive" side-effect that does not justify or make the suffering of Syrians and Iraqis worthwhile. But nevertheless I could observe this phenomenon happening in Kosovo.

Just look at the sun and the moon, rotating around the earth perfectly! Out of all the never ending space in the universe, the sun and moon ended up close to earth rotating around it perfectly.!!

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #856 - August 29, 2014, 02:48 PM

I know they are suffering and will suffer until these bastards are wiped out. But as I said, the overall the brutality of these idiots makes a lot religious muslims from different parts of the world distance themselves from their philosophy and leave the ranks of Salafi/Wahabi assholes that are fueling the ISIS movement.

This is a "positive" side-effect that does not justify or make the suffering of Syrians and Iraqis worthwhile. But nevertheless I could observe this phenomenon happening in Kosovo.  

that is a good point and the other good point is all these kids born in West RADICALIZED IN WEST and  moving in to that ISIS Caliph state will also help west in the sense western countries are getting rid of  these guys . Correct me of If I am wrong  Bardhi_i

Next question  is,  who do you think  is funding/funded  these Salafi/Wahabi assholes and where do they get their Philosophy?? 

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #857 - August 29, 2014, 03:08 PM

that is a good point and the other good point is all these kids born in West RADICALIZED IN WEST and  moving in to that ISIS Caliph state will also help west in the sense western countries are getting rid of  these guys . Correct me of If I am wrong  Bardhi_i

Next question  is,  who do you think  is funding/funded  these Salafi/Wahabi assholes and where do they get their Philosophy?? 

Kids from western countries are highly publicized, but I don't think they represent the most jihadis that are flocking there. I think most of come from muslim populated countries (Arab, Chechen, etc.).

Regarding the funding (material and spiritual), we all know where it comes from.. At least initially the were funded from the countries and individuals of Arab peninsula.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #858 - August 30, 2014, 12:23 AM

Jalal Badr Piso and his wife were forced to abandon their disabled four-year-old son, Aziz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uioo-2nPwxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt5HOrt61rQ

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #859 - August 30, 2014, 12:41 AM

Horrifying situation for all of those and other parents.
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #860 - August 30, 2014, 10:22 PM

ISIS has a store in Turkey!
    Who wants to bet they have an "I <3 ISIS" coffee mug in there?

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #861 - August 31, 2014, 12:19 AM

Do you think reformation of the texts is possible? I don't. I think the only way there'll be progress in the Muslim world is secularisation and the development of a culture of openness and discussion. I mean other dogmatic violent religions have done it, why can't Islam, or rather why can't Muslims? You've got countries today that are heavily Catholic but where gay marriage is legal, there's debate about abortion, etc. Why the hell is Islam still so damn rigid? 

I'm starting to wonder if the lack of caliph in Arab world is what is fuelling the muslims desire to create a caliphate there considering nationalism is a foreign concept brought to ME after the downfall of Ottoman caliphate. In Nigeria's case, Boko Haram are not going to get support from Nigerian muslims like the ISIS did from Arabs(well a certain percentage of them) because Shekau has no legitimacy to declare Jihad in Nigeria, only the Sultan of Sokoto(Amirul Mumimeen) whose forefather was the founder of Sokoto Caliphate that was in existence before the British colonialists conquered it and took over its administration via indirect rule, has that legitimacy. Neverthless a Sultan remains a spiritual leader of a Nigerian muslim community, only him can decide when they should fast for ramadan or not irrespective of when Saudi decides too and only him has the legitimacy to declare and launch jihad. The current sultan and even current emir of Kano have been critical of Wahhabism ideology which I believe that could help in influencing Nigerian muslims to denounce Boko Haram.

There is a hadith that supports a ruling that a muslim should always obey the command of the leader of his community to remain in Allah's God grace. I can't recall which hadith but I do remember the scholars bringing that up anytime someone challenges the Sultan on his role of ramadan moon sighting when I used to be in Islamiyyah school as a teen.

I think at this instance I believe it is possible to reform the texts concerning Jihad or at least reach a general concensus in a muslim world that using militancy as a form of imposing Sharia and political Islam on a land with a diverse inhabitants is not permissible.the only problem is Salafists and the Wahhabists are going to be the major obstacles to that.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #862 - August 31, 2014, 02:47 AM

I'm starting to wonder if the lack of caliph in Arab world is what is fuelling the muslims desire to create a caliphate there considering nationalism is a foreign concept brought to ME after the downfall of Ottoman caliphate. In Nigeria's case, Boko Haram are not going to get support from Nigerian muslims like the ISIS did from Arabs(well a certain percentage of them) because Shekau has no legitimacy to declare Jihad in Nigeria, only the Sultan of Sokoto(Amirul Mumimeen) whose forefather was the founder of Sokoto Caliphate that was in existence before the British colonialists conquered it and took over its administration via indirect rule, has that legitimacy. Neverthless a Sultan remains a spiritual leader of a Nigerian muslim community, ........................

Cato it appears you have never understood origins of Caliphates, Origins of Sultanates  and the difference between these two. Your post also proves to me that you don't know  the history of how Caliphate moved in to Ottoman/ Turkish empire  and how & why THAT GREAT TURK Kemal Ataturk    ended that Turkish Caliphate and saved TURKEY & muslim turkeys going down the Islamic drain..   So In short I will  say that you must read History of Caliphate and History of sultanates and history of   Islamic rulers..,  How many were there, when and where?  start from wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Caliphs

and end with

Chronological history of Islam

I would certainly  support establishing  London Islamic Caliphate, Manchester Islamic Caliphate, New York Islamic Caliphate,  Las Vegas Islamic Caliphate.. etc etc.. You know,   Take any  big towns in the Non Islamic  world and establish Caliphate.  I will support that.   BUT I WILL NOT SUPPORT ANY CALIPHATE ANY WHERE IN ANY COUNTRY WHERE Muslim folks  are more than 90% of its population..

Anyways I am glad you are thinking in right direction but selecting wrong places to establish Caliphate...  

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #863 - August 31, 2014, 06:56 AM

No Yeez, I know all about the caliphates starting from Rashidun caliphate to Ottoman caliphate so don't make assumptions on what I don't know and know.It  appears you don't know the history of Sokoto caliphate (which has exist for a century) and its influence over here,you rather ignore that to make hasty conclusion just to maintain your narratives as usual, and you also don't seem to understand the part on who has legitimacy to launch jihad or not(there is a hadith that is used as a basis for that if you search around) in a muslim community, overall you don't seem to understand where I am going with this but rather jump in and make arrogant assumptions and conclusions because you are too lazy-minded and biased as fuck to get that.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokoto_Caliphate

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #864 - August 31, 2014, 07:53 AM

The current sultan and even current emir of Kano have been critical of Wahhabism ideology which I believe that could help in influencing Nigerian muslims to denounce Boko Haram.

That'd be a bonus. How much influence do those guys have these days?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #865 - August 31, 2014, 08:28 AM

Very much so,majority of the folks living in Northern Nigeria do revere them as their Amir and take their words seriously pertaining to matters on Islam. The late Amir of Kano before he died months ago, has been a target of Boko Haram when he denounced them. That made Boko Haram lose their appeal to most Kano muslim residents since they attempted to assasinate him.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #866 - August 31, 2014, 11:06 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29002586

Cameron considers ban on UK jihadists returning home

(Clicky for piccy!)
    The prime minister is expected to consider strengthening terrorism prevention and investigation measures

The government is considering temporary bans on British-born jihadists in Iraq and Syria from returning to the UK.

The BBC understands UK nationals suspected of being involved in terrorist acts would be allowed to keep their British citizenship.

But they would be prevented from re-entering the UK for a period of time.

David Cameron will set out the government's plans to counter the threat posed by Islamic State militants in a statement to MPs on Monday.

The prime minister is expected to make it easier to seize the passports of would-be terrorists travelling abroad.

A government source told BBC News: "The government is considering a range of measures to keep the country safe in the face of an increased threat level from Islamist extremism.

"The areas include making it harder for potential foreign fighters to travel abroad by making it easier to remove their passports through additional temporary seizure powers at the border.

"We are also looking at stopping British citizens from re-entering the country if they are suspected of terrorist activity abroad.

"Previously, our range of powers to prevent return to the UK applied only to foreign nationals, dual nationals or naturalised citizens."

The government source confirmed that "details of the package are being finalised" and would be announced by the prime minister in a Commons statement on Monday.

(Clicky for piccy!)
    The various measures covering Tpims include suspects wearing an electronic tag
    Mr Cameron is also likely to consider strengthening terrorism prevention and investigation measures - or Tpims - which were the coalition's replacement for control orders.

However, the Liberal Democrats have said they would only agree to policies that were made calmly, on the basis of evidence and that maintained the liberty of British citizens.

Threat level
    The home secretary already has the power - under the Royal Prerogative - to withhold a passport if it is in the public interest to stop somebody travelling.

The UK's terror threat level was raised to "severe" from "substantial" on Friday in response to the deepening conflict in Iraq and Syria.

The new alert level rates the risk of an attack on the UK as "highly likely", although Downing Street said there was no evidence to suggest one is "imminent".

The rating is the second highest of five possible UK threat levels and is the highest since 2011.

Labour leader Ed Miliband has suggested the introduction of a "mandatory programme" of deradicalisation for people "drawn into the fringes of extremism".

Writing in the Independent, he also urged the government to revisit the decision to scrap the control orders regime for terror suspects.

'Better prepared'

Former Liberal Democrat leader Lord Ashdown has accused Conservative ministers of a "kneejerk" reaction to the terrorism threat from extremists.

He told The Observer the biggest threat was not returning jihadists but "a widening religious war which threatens, not just to engulf the Middle East and change its borders, but to spread across the entire global Islamic community".

(Clicky for piccy!)
    A graph of the UK threat level over time

Defence Secretary Michael Fallon said new measures to tackle the raised threat of terrorism in the UK were "not a knee jerk reaction", but were needed to deal with "some gaps" in "our current armoury".

Speaking on Sky News, Mr Fallon said the government was looking at "what more we can do to tighten up their movement in and out of Syria," adding: "We have to be better prepared."

He said a "number of young men [were] going to Syria and slipping back again" but he acknowledged the government did not know exactly how many Britons had gone to Syria and Iraq to fight.

"Nobody has an exact number we know it is several hundred".

The defence secretary also confirmed that two RAF Hercules aircraft took part in a humanitarian aid drop at Amerli in northern Iraq on Saturday night.

But he repeatedly said that the UK had not been asked to take part in air strikes in Iraq.

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #867 - August 31, 2014, 12:09 PM

No Yeez,
    I know all about the caliphates starting from Rashidun caliphate to Ottoman caliphate so don't make assumptions on what I don't know and know.It  appears you don't know the history of Sokoto caliphate (which has exist for a century) and its influence over here,you rather ignore that to make hasty conclusion just to maintain your narratives as usual, and you also don't seem to understand the part on who has legitimacy to launch jihad or not(there is a hadith that is used as a basis for that if you search around) in a muslim community, overall you don't seem to understand where I am going with this but rather jump in and make arrogant assumptions and conclusions because you are too lazy-minded and biased as fuck to get that.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokoto_Caliphate

Hmm..  Cato has a point there  and this is not right thread to discuss Nigerian Caliphates., Actually they were NEVER  Caliphates., at best you call them as "Sultanates" with an interesting origin  but NOT Caliphates

but before I answer Cato let me add the link of ISIS Caliphates., That Mail.com with this heading  The ISIS map of the world outline for  five-year plan  says

That is their Goal    that is their five year plan., you can read details at the link Cato.. and I am busy with my Land of Pure Caliphate

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #868 - August 31, 2014, 03:10 PM

Five year plan?! Lol,then they are in for a lost battle not only against the US and their Arab coalition but muslims who don't share the same ideologies with them which is a tragedy because lot of lives are going to be lost for this.

Also, Sultan is what the British colonialists use to call him. His official title is actually "Amirul Mumineen" which means "Commander of the faithful" or "Leader of the faithful". So caliphate or sultanate or whatever title you want to use for semantic arguments, it is still the same. A leader is a leader, no distinction. So ISIS has no legitimacy to create an Islamic state and subjugate any region that has Amir or a spiritual leader of a muslim community Islamically wise. Its obvious you have no knowledge of Fiqh heck I won't be surprised if you don't know what it means otherwise you will be familiar with the word Qiyas(fourth source of law)which is used in this situation. Men,this is just waste of time because at the end of day you will remain stuck with your usual narrative

• ISIS take Mosul
     Reply #869 - August 31, 2014, 04:01 PM

Five year plan?! Lol,then they are in for a lost battle not only against the US and their Arab coalition but muslims who don't share the same ideologies with them which is a tragedy because lot of lives are going to be lost for this.
    Also, Sultan is what the British colonialists use to call him. His official title is actually "Amirul Mumineen" which means "Commander of the faithful" or "Leader of the faithful". So caliphate or sultanate or whatever title you want to use for semantic arguments, it is still the same. A leader is a leader, no distinction...........

...Noooo.. In REAL Islam there is huge difference between caliphates or sultanates
    Men,this is just waste of time because at the end of day you will remain stuck with your usual narrative

That may or may no be true., but you are supposed to write to educate the readers NO just me.  So what you write is Not waste.,  Now because I am loaded so  your goal should be educating the readers about this very important figure Usman dan Fodio (1754–1817)

And origins/reasons for his Islam.. And how he changed with time.. And You may not but many in Nigerian Jihadi community of our Boko Haram hero is consider him as The 2nd Coming of Usman Dan Fodio.

So Hail modern Nigerian Caliph..

• Previous page 1 ... 27 28 2930 31 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »