Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello y'all!

(Read 6244 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello y'all!
     OP - June 10, 2014, 04:32 AM

Hey.

I got burned out on religion and I m 19 studying Comp Sci but wanna be an IO Psychologist after my degree.

Anyway, I was fairly devout when I was 16 and 17. When I was 18, I became a Modernist (refusing to believe a lot of Hadiths, not reading Quran seriously but follwing the morals).

My family are religious but they are tolerant. My dad has no religion and my family members are more humanistic than religious.

Anyway, I cannot be bothered believing in religion and Islam. Here is why:

-Influenced by an online female friend with whom I have a huge crush on. Talking to her made me open my mind 1000x

-Islam allows sex slaves yet premarital sex is banned.

-I would like to have premarital sex because it is normal and their is nothing wrong with it

-I love alcohol especially tequila and vodka. I like getting drunk 1x a week

-"Women are deficient in mind and religion" Cough, cough, my female friends are very smart.

-Testimony of women. Lol, women have better memories than men

-Creationism

-Why would a loving God send people to Hell for not believing? Sounds like an insecure psychopath

-Rules, rules, rules. I hate rules!

-Harry Potter and Hunger Games >>>>>>>>>> religious books

-I want to have an adventure and flirt with danger a bit. Islam treats us like kids.

-Oh and gender segregation is brutal

-I was not practicing Islam properly anyway even when I pray 5x a day, avoid alcohol, and avoid sex

-Modest dress is restricting for some people

-Muhammad was mean to the poor Jews.

-Muslims complain about immoral Western practices yet all my mates drink and act stupid and are actually better people than most of these close-minded twats

• Hello y'all!
     Reply #1 - June 10, 2014, 09:14 AM

Let me be the first to greet you parrot

Welcome R.O
     and I must say I enjoyed reading some good points you made in your intro. Hope you enjoy your stay.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #2 - June 10, 2014, 09:36 AM

Welcome. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #3 - June 10, 2014, 09:56 AM

Welcome!  parrot

Computer Science is awesome.

Harry Potter and Hunger Games >>>>>>>>>> religious books

I'm a follower of Eru Ilúvatar, and His messenger, Sir, Dr., Professor Tolkien.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #4 - June 10, 2014, 12:23 PM

Hello there! Welcome!

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• Hello y'all!
     Reply #5 - June 10, 2014, 12:58 PM

Welcome! Love your points!

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #6 - June 10, 2014, 12:59 PM

Hi guys.

Meh Comp Sci is okay. I hate programming with a passion.

Anyone feel that there are toooooo many rules? So exhausting. Plus, most Muslims are not even devout according to Hadith! The five pillars + abstaining from pork, drugs, gambling, sex does not seem enough to Allah lol.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #7 - June 10, 2014, 01:09 PM

No apparently you must also stay away from Western countries, fight the kuffar, establish a khilafa ruled by shariah law, stay away from women that you are not married to or women you do not own, and you must love the prophet more than your parents and yourself...

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #8 - June 10, 2014, 01:17 PM

Thankfully all the Muslims I know do this weird psychological thing.

They subconsciously ignore the violent stuff and give great importance to the peaceful stuff. I did that. Shows you that in most humans, the power of humanity overcomes old school rules.

Also, this forum is good. Unlike other Islamic critic sites this ain't foaming-at-the-mouth racist stuff or the ones who are like "Islam says X so all Muslims do X". Obviously interpretations are a big thing and most Muslims do not intepret the religion like Salafis lol
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #9 - June 10, 2014, 02:26 PM

Welcome!  parrot

You've read Harry Potter, I assume. I like you already! yes

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #10 - June 10, 2014, 02:40 PM

Yeah, it's a good place to discuss a religion that is so often in the public eye in an objective way. So many of the sites are just so cringe worthy and exactly as you described.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #11 - June 10, 2014, 08:06 PM

Welcome!  parrot
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #12 - June 10, 2014, 11:59 PM

parrot Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #13 - June 11, 2014, 12:34 AM

Welcome to the forum ronald_odair. Have a rabbit!  bunny

You seem like a rather cool bloke who likes cool things, so I look forward to getting to know you. Hope you have fun here!  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #14 - June 11, 2014, 04:02 AM

Welcome to the forum !    Have a parrot     parrot

signwelcome

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #15 - July 08, 2014, 01:08 AM

Kiitos!

Hmm, I am getting good grades but in psychology lel when I am a Comp Sci major so confused haha.

Looking for part time work. I keep applying. Any tips?

Also, does anyone else feel Muslims have this elitism? Like they look down on Westerners because "they do whatever they want, they are like animals, they eat whatever, they wear whatever clothes" ? I get along more with Westerners than Desis mainly because Westerners do not give a fuck even if you are religious, black, white or whatever in my experience.

And finally trying to connect better with girls and date but the fact that I am in uni and not working yet stops me add to the religious indoctrination which makes it all worse. Jeez, I would not have survived had I been a true Muslim.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #16 - July 08, 2014, 03:11 AM

trying to connect better with girls and date but the fact that I am in uni and not working yet stops

University is the ideal time to meet girls and have fun.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #17 - July 08, 2014, 09:39 AM

Lawl, I have the "I go to uni to study only, it aint a meat market" mindset!!! I do make friends though!
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #18 - July 08, 2014, 12:25 PM

Enjoy your life. I had a crap three years at uni because I was so god fearing. Just enjoy it, before you look back at it all in the future and realise that the religion made your university experience shit.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #19 - July 08, 2014, 08:20 PM

I remember asking my mum if I could read Harry Potter instead of the quran some days when I was younger. Still choose HP and THG over anything.  dance

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #20 - July 09, 2014, 05:13 AM

Ronald_odair, alcohol + opposite sex can be fun but also risky Roll Eyes I like your reasons for not believing because they're simple and rational - why does Allah treat women like being second-class subjects when women, men and every gender in between are equal? Philosophy evolves to be more egalitarian and all-encompassing while religions like Islam stay ossified because the foundations are fixed.

As for looking down on Westerners, I've experienced this as well with daawah groups and Christian sects. By being in a tight-knit group, they get protection from outsiders' criticisms and they feel better about themselves by placing themselves above the rest of society. Usually they think society is going to hell anyway and they're among the few who would be saved. Not much difference between a cult and a religion if you take it all the way...
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #21 - July 09, 2014, 05:26 AM

Ronald_odair, alcohol + opposite sex can be fun but also risky

Huh?

• Hello y'all!
     Reply #22 - July 09, 2014, 05:43 AM

Some survey I read on UK university students found that more than half of those surveyed had unprotected sex. Alcohol + unprotected sex with strangers = a bit risky. It's nice to explore your own sexuality in university but I think there's not enough effective sexual education given to keep young people safe. Sexual assault, STDs and unwanted pregnancies are no joke.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #23 - July 09, 2014, 07:00 AM

I aint the type to bang strangers for one night. Same as using my hands.

I also am the type who only gets drunk with mates and I reach the point where I am really funny and I stop.

But seriously, religion has ruined my love life. I keep friendzoning girls I like.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #24 - July 09, 2014, 08:05 AM

Live your life and get out there.   Join some clubs non Islamic muslim related.  Make friends hopefully non muslims.  Try to experience a life different for once.  Think of it like visiting a different country only they speak English lol.

Also, work out, cant tell you what going to the gym partly to escape my home issues has done for my confidence.  Also, met loads of interesting new friends at the gym.  I practically have no fear approaching women now and thats coming from a lesbian ex muslim who was terrified to say hello a year ago.  You'll probably have no problems, also dont be afraid to be yourself, I didnt know I had a sense of humor till I actually opened up.

Took a motorcycle driving class and met some nice people there too.  Do stuff like that, join a local sports league in the US we have amateur leagues often just neighborhoods facing off in the summer.

Enjoy your life remember these are the best years, you're young and dont really have a lot of constraints yet.  No kids, spouse, full time career etc  Enjoy it

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #25 - July 09, 2014, 08:43 AM

The gym, or a yoga class, where women outnumber men 4:1.

Beware, though, if you come over creepy and pervy you are sunk.

Seriously, yoga will do wonders for your body and mind.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #26 - July 09, 2014, 03:03 PM

I can vouch for the gym, it's a great place to focus on one thing only - achieving your daily workout targets. Religion, school, work, relationship issues all fade into the background. Put  some good music on and it becomes almost like meditation, but with more sweating and grunting Wink

It's nice talking to men and women who are into working out and best of all, your improved physique will increase your confidence. Keep track of your weights, sets and reps and keep aiming higher.
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #27 - July 09, 2014, 04:03 PM

Shaytanshoes best - name - ever!
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #28 - July 09, 2014, 04:31 PM

And then the little green shoe as avatar. Priceless.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Hello y'all!
     Reply #29 - July 10, 2014, 03:56 AM

Don't... touch... the... shoes! Cheesy

After I registered the username I thought it could be read shaytans-hoes, which isn't very good either.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »