Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ramadhaan fever

(Read 51613 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 18 19 20« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #570 - July 26, 2014, 04:46 PM

more religious

"You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may become clean also. 27"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. 28"So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.…

Matthew 23

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #571 - July 26, 2014, 06:02 PM

I think I'll fake my period tommorow. Maybe. Idk. We'll see.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #572 - July 26, 2014, 06:10 PM

What's to like about Ramadan, when you fast for more than 10-12 hours maximum?

Shaykha Cornflower answers: An experienced cook rarely needs to taste the food,but you can taste it and spit it out. Tasting something on the tounge for this purpose without swallowing anything is OK. Just like kissing (saliva) and rinsing your mouth with water doesn't break your fast.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #573 - July 26, 2014, 06:22 PM

I think I'll fake my period tommorow. Maybe. Idk. We'll see.

Me too.
    Seriously, this year Ramadan has been so annoying. All my mother's friends and family come over, all of them as boring as they come.
     I can't even go into my room because my mom will have a temper tantrum.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #574 - July 26, 2014, 07:09 PM

I mean I could make an excuse about having shorter circuit this month... As long as it's been over 20 days...

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #575 - July 27, 2014, 01:03 AM

Me too.
    Seriously, this year Ramadan has been so annoying. All my mother's friends and family come over, all of them as boring as they come.
     I can't even go into my room because my mom will have a temper tantrum.

Oh my gosh...I feel for you! This is how it is with my family....but it's my dad that gets pissed and throws a fit if I go to my room for even for 5 mins if someone is over...he says it makes him look bad

"You're time is limited. Don't waste it by living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other people's opinions drown out your own inner voice. -Steve Jobs
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #576 - July 27, 2014, 01:35 AM

My dad cut a bitch at me for sleeping till Futoor.

That idiot doesn't realise I stay up till four everyday, I don't go to sleep before Suhoor, so that I can actually wake them up because they're too lazy to set up an alarm.

I wake at nine, and that adds up to five hours of sleep. I need more so I take a midday nap and that idiot has the right to bitch at us. He's almost as bad as my mum.

We had Levant food for Iftar and my stomach feels violated even though I are the smallest amount mysmilie_977.

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #577 - July 27, 2014, 08:41 AM

Oh my gosh...I feel for you! This is how it is with my family....but it's my dad that gets pissed and throws a fit if I go to my room for even for 5 mins if someone is over...he says it makes him look bad

It's always about the parents reputation, not oh you need to come downstairs because it is good for you to mingle and socialize, but no it makes me look bad wacko  i wouldnt care if my child didnt feel like socializing..
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #578 - July 27, 2014, 01:08 PM

I tend not to associate myself with my own family, my mother never has anything positive to say, unless she want something, and my family (extended and nuclear) is so filled with hidden emotions and agenda I just stay out of it. Then my mother has the audacity to call me anti social.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #579 - July 27, 2014, 03:08 PM

I don't really associate with my family either, too much religion in their lives. They're scratching their heads wondering why I rarely speak to them, especially my mother. Constantly nagging me if I'm reading quran and loves putting me on the spot in the middle of a conversation.

And that's before I apostasised, now I make it my mission to avoid them all whenever possible. I feel like I might burst if they start talking religion.

Last year I adopted a vegan lifestyle and now that eids coming up, I remembered how they celebrate by slaughtering an animal.

A religion of peace that celebrates a holiday with death. Makes sense.

A religion of peace that takes no part in the animal rights movement. Makes sense.
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #580 - July 27, 2014, 03:13 PM

Yeah whenever my family does anything stupid in general there is a voice in my head that just says "DISASSOCIATE DISASSOCIATE".

I feel bad I am going to leave my sister behind with them but the reality is even at this young age she is so attached to my parents. I am kinda her least favourite.

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #581 - July 27, 2014, 10:37 PM

@Wiselyskeptical

She'll seek answers in the future. If, and Jesus/Allah/Krishna/Yahweh/Zeus forbid, she turns from a child of muslim parents to a muslim, you'll need to step and plant that seed of doubt.

• Previous page 1 ... 18 19 20« Previous thread | Next thread »