Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ramadhaan fever

(Read 51636 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 17 18 1920 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #540 - July 19, 2014, 07:08 PM

Afro

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #541 - July 19, 2014, 07:14 PM

Allah knows best

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=85211

Other parts of the site say if you break a fast give to charity.  But does that not make a poor ill person poorer?  As they are ill they are a charitable cause and can keep their own money!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #542 - July 19, 2014, 07:15 PM

Or just leave Islam dammit.
    It's the miracle cure.

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #543 - July 19, 2014, 07:17 PM

I have been wseing nhs health advice on this.  Barts and Leicester NHS have prominent sites.

I wonder whether a formal review of the advice is needed as it feels too pro fasting.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #544 - July 19, 2014, 07:22 PM

The worst thing is all these people are getting their health advice from "clerics" and "scholars".

I don't think they understand that these dudes are not trained dieticians or doctors.

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #545 - July 19, 2014, 07:33 PM

I have been wseing nhs health advice on this.  Barts and Leicester NHS have prominent sites.

I wonder whether a formal review of the advice is needed as it feels too pro fasting.

Think there is a little too much 'respect for people's faiths' and not enough focus on respect for people.
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #546 - July 19, 2014, 07:51 PM

I do not care for those who do not care for themselves. It's simple as that.

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #547 - July 19, 2014, 07:56 PM

do you think people should be refused treatment for ramadan induced illnesses?
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #548 - July 19, 2014, 08:01 PM

To be fair, it's not just Muslims and Ramadhan. There are a lot of anti-science, and by extension anti-nutrition, people out there. Just leave them to their own devices, they'll figure it out eventually.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
     Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
     Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
     Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God." - Epicurus
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #549 - July 19, 2014, 09:59 PM

Not many of the new agers have over a billion followers though.  Or Polio.

A.A. Milne,

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #550 - July 21, 2014, 04:56 PM

The day before yesterday I forgot to save some coffee in my travel mug to drink yesterday. Then I slept in, which always makes my head go fuzzy, and didn't drink any water for 6 hours because I went to the park with my brother. This resulted in a fucking headache where I couldn't keep my eyes open without feeling like my head would explode. I ended up vomiting, luckily I could pull that off without anyone seeing what came out of my stomach (because I had eaten a banana and a granola bar before). When all that was gone, I started vomiting bile and stuff. It felt like my stomach was turned inside out, each time I felt that urge. At that point I told my mom and brother and they all felt really bad for me.

I'm never making that mistake again. I'm glad Ramadan is almost over, but if I still have to pretend fast this weekend, I'm buying some Iced coffees to keep in my room.

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #551 - July 21, 2014, 06:30 PM

Wtf man, I feel bad for you guys.

* Sips water*

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #552 - July 23, 2014, 10:16 AM

Fasted. I like it.....here and there.

Won't do it for a whole month though.
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #553 - July 23, 2014, 04:24 PM

I haven't fasted a single day this entire Ramadam. I can't believe I have gotten away with for the past 25 days so far dance.

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #554 - July 23, 2014, 04:30 PM

Congrats Wisely!
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #555 - July 23, 2014, 05:12 PM

Haha, well done Wiselyskeptical.  great

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #556 - July 23, 2014, 05:50 PM

I haven't fasted a single day this entire Ramadam. I can't believe I have gotten away with for the past 25 days so far dance.

Same here. And since my period started yesterday, I won't be fasting anymore. Wohoo  dance

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #557 - July 23, 2014, 07:30 PM

I've blatantly not fasted at all either!  dance

"A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke."
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #558 - July 23, 2014, 07:46 PM

Same here. And since my period started yesterday, I won't be fasting anymore. Wohoo  dance

Waahey to the Uterine gods!
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #559 - July 23, 2014, 08:41 PM

Haha, well done Wiselyskeptical.  great

Thanks Asbie, I am also getting that Subway I have so ranted about.

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #560 - July 23, 2014, 09:10 PM

Why couldn't I have had periods, could've come handy some years ago.  mysmilie_977

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #561 - July 23, 2014, 11:56 PM

^  Cheesy

I have to admit that food tastes much better when you havent eaten for almost the entire day.
     Cheesy I'll miss eating like Ive never eaten before
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #562 - July 24, 2014, 02:24 AM

Only 4 more days! This month has been such a struggle...I cannot wait until it is over...even though I didn't fast....I pretended to fast and ate a lot at night (so I didn't really eat much during the day)....I feel like my metabolism is so out of whack...

The worst part by far was having to eat dinner with my parents every night....I'm so tired of following everything they want and not able to express my opinions or thoughts because they go against what they think....yesterday I got in a bit of an argument with my mom after iftar...my dad was glaring and giving my sister dirty looks during dinner because he didn't want her to go out with her friends after....at first my mom agreed to let her go but when she found out my dad disapproved she changed her mind. It's like she cannot think for herself....my dad was very abusive emotionally with her so I think she just gave in and is now a robot and has no identity for herself...."if she can't beat em' join em" which is sad because she used to stand up for me.

4 more days...I just have to keep my mouth shut and try to forget about my resentments....but I was thinking the other day...how long am I going to have to put up with this crap? Until they die? I feel like I'm never going to be free....and this Ramadan has almost been my breaking point....yesterday at iftar I just wanted to tell them exactly what was on my mind...and what I think about the religion...and that I've been hiding my relationship with my Jew boyfriend from them for over two years and that we want to get married and that I don't give a fuck if they approve or not....and then just leave and never come back.

I'm just starting to have so much anger and I don't even know why....I'm not even close to having pms

"You're time is limited. Don't waste it by living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other people's opinions drown out your own inner voice. -Steve Jobs
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #563 - July 24, 2014, 08:15 AM

Only 4 more days! This month has been such a struggle...I cannot wait until it is over...even though I didn't fast....I pretended to fast and ate a lot at night (so I didn't really eat much during the day)....I feel like my metabolism is so out of whack...

The worst part by far was having to eat dinner with my parents every night....I'm so tired of following everything they want and not able to express my opinions or thoughts because they go against what they think....yesterday I got in a bit of an argument with my mom after iftar...my dad was glaring and giving my sister dirty looks during dinner because he didn't want her to go out with her friends after....at first my mom agreed to let her go but when she found out my dad disapproved she changed her mind. It's like she cannot think for herself....my dad was very abusive emotionally with her so I think she just gave in and is now a robot and has no identity for herself...."if she can't beat em' join em" which is sad because she used to stand up for me.

4 more days...I just have to keep my mouth shut and try to forget about my resentments....but I was thinking the other day...how long am I going to have to put up with this crap? Until they die? I feel like I'm never going to be free....and this Ramadan has almost been my breaking point....yesterday at iftar I just wanted to tell them exactly what was on my mind...and what I think about the religion...and that I've been hiding my relationship with my Jew boyfriend from them for over two years and that we want to get married and that I don't give a fuck if they approve or not....and then just leave and never come back.

I'm just starting to have so much anger and I don't even know why....I'm not even close to having pms

Hugs.

You need to get away as soon as possible; some distance.

Are your siblings old enough for you to do that as they can keep contact with you regardless of what parents are like?

Keep coming here and make sure you do.
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #564 - July 24, 2014, 03:57 PM

This has been so slow.
    They would just not leave. And if one of them sleeps it's in front of the AC right next to the kitchen. It's like they camp there.

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #565 - July 24, 2014, 05:12 PM

Hugs.

You need to get away as soon as possible; some distance.

Are your siblings old enough for you to do that as they can keep contact with you regardless of what parents are like?

Keep coming here and make sure you do.

Thanks, Lilyesque....I do have support from my BF and his family....also I have a therapist who's been helping me get through it and my boss is extremely supportive and knows my situation...but it's still hard. My siblings are just like my parents...they are all younger than me.....two boys (one 27 living with his wife, one 25 still living at home cause he isn't married) and one sister aged 16. They all side with my parents so I pretty much can't confide in them....they have gotten the idea that I don't believe in Islam and have called me out on it...so now I have to be extra careful about what I say and do. I'm trying to get out of the house...I'm actually planning an escape right now when I tell them that I want to marry my BF because I know they will go into a rage...but I have to find a place to live which isn't as easy as I thought it would be...I'm just sooooooo tired of compromising my happiness just to please my parents. I feel so dead inside...and I really was planning on suicide after I withdrew from medical school because I saw no other way out unless I married a Muslim man....but luckily my BF came a couple weeks later and gave me some reason to live. I just hate being at home...I feel a sense of dread everytime I think of having to go home after work....I feel guilty....but I just really cannot stand my parents...they are so cold and uptight.

"You're time is limited. Don't waste it by living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other people's opinions drown out your own inner voice. -Steve Jobs
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #566 - July 24, 2014, 05:38 PM

Good luck. If need it, give us a bell and someone can help you.
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #567 - July 24, 2014, 05:44 PM

Thanks, Lilyesque....I appreciate it! I'm sure I will especially in the upcoming months

• Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #568 - July 26, 2014, 12:17 PM

So this ramadaan I have not kept one fast, I have an almost finish bottle of wine in my cupboard, I go out without hijaab, and it was pretty much a normal month with the annoyance of family and friends becoming more religious.

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Ramadhaan fever
     Reply #569 - July 26, 2014, 01:47 PM

i got sick so i havent fasted for the last 2 days
    hazah

Life is like a box of chocolates, shut the fuck up and eat them!
  • Previous page 1 ... 17 18 1920 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »