Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Introducing Myself...The One And Only...

(Read 3786 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Introducing Myself...The One And Only...
     OP - April 28, 2014, 06:13 PM

Hey All

Great to finally join this and to be able to post something! I remember coming across this Forum a few years back and thinking cool, there is a community of us brave people out there...and now it's about time I introduce myself ;-)

I'm 24 now, but since age 17 I've been agnostic leaning towards deist.

I don't spend too much time nowadays researching these kinds of topics since I find you can end up wasting time. Time is the most special thing we have...and I try and be as productive as possible. I run a business and have been effectively self-employed since the age of 19. I've been to university and graduated too in that time.

Now I live a double life you could say, and I'm happy to do this. It makes no sense for me to ostracise myself from my community and my family, yet anyway. Everyone that knows me knows I'm not very religious and also intellectual so some may have some idea...but the point is I do present an image as still being a believer. I do not pray though, only fast during Ramadan to keep up that image - I also enjoy it, being able to spend time with my family and doing something together with them.

The problem is with Muslims is that they are toooooooo entrenched in their own beliefs, and very intolerant of anyone who questions Islam. Openly declaring you are not a Muslim wouldn't be a smart thing for me to do because of my future plans and long-term goals.

On some levels, Muslims are afraid. And this is another thing that never made sense to me - why get angry or condemn anyone who asks a tough question? Or why want to kill someone who leaves Islam?

Surely if you have the truth you wouldn't be afraid?

But it's a common theme, most of them are insecure/sensitive about their beliefs because they know there are holes in it but avoid ever thinking about them. Frankly they are brainwashed beyond belief

And I say this with no malice. It's human nature - the way Islam is, what it teaches, and the way people are conditioned to believe in it, not many dare open their mind...it's a sad reality.

I'm not even going to go into why Islam is not the truth and false - there's too many reasons. In short it's illogical and irrational on many levels...but it's a smart religion. It has a grip on it's people that no other religion has. The Quran is very persuasive in that regard - it basically scares the shit of people. Humans are motivated by pain and desire - and as far as influencing goes, the Quran is VERY effective in keeping it's followers (hell = extreme pain. paradise = extreme pleasure) and a whole host of other clever persuasive techniques it uses

Ok so back to me. My background: I'm British Pakistani - was born and raised as a Muslim

My mum is devout, and same with the aunties in our family. But my dad has always expressed skepticism - and my uncles, none of them were very religious. But I went to Mosque to learn Islam for about 8 years, and was always one of the best students...

As far back as I can remember, I've always been very independent minded and disliked authority of any kind. That's why I refuse to even be employed and would rather run my own business. If I ever went bankrupt I'd just start over again...

As a little kid, I'm not going to lie - I was a bit of a bully Tongue I had to be the toughest kid on the playground. I've changed a lot since then and stopped fighting years ago, but my early personality has shaped my thoughts to an extent

I basically refuse to except anything without questioning it - I dislike authority, and I see myself as a leader.

If you look at Muslims and followers of other religions, they are like sheep. They are blindly following something without questioning it. I could never be one of those people in life...

I also dislike being a hypocrite, so I actually became a strong believer in Islam and a great Muslim in my early teens. Thinking if this is the truth, then I need to follow it! I was convinced it was true for a couple of years, and was suffering from a severe case of "confirmation bias" like most Muslims do today. Finding any reason (scientific miracles in Quran) to believe I had the truth..

I've always been a questioner rather than a blind follower - so as time went on, I naturally started questioning Islam itself.

When you do that, and you are completely objective and independent (no confirmation bias) - anyone with any reasonable level of intellect will realise it is not the truth.

Add this to the fact that as humans we are products of conditioning (why 90%+ people follow the religion of their parents) it's easy to see why people are so deeply entrenched in this religion. From a young age, Muslims are conditioned by their parents and teachers that it's the truth - you have to do this, you have to do that etc. It leaves only a brave few who can question it despite the brainwashing.

Ok well that's it for now...

If any one has any questions, feel free to ask!

Great to post on here finally and look forward to e-meeting some of you :-)

Reply #1 - April 28, 2014, 06:44 PM

Welcome!  parrot
     Reply #2 - April 28, 2014, 06:50 PM

Welcome! Smiley

turnipovich
     Reply #3 - April 28, 2014, 07:23 PM

hello mate, very interesting intro, welcome to the forum  Smiley

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #4 - April 28, 2014, 07:27 PM

parrot

Hello, and welcome.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #5 - April 28, 2014, 07:34 PM

Welcome to CEMB. Have a parrot. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #6 - April 28, 2014, 08:16 PM

Welcome to the forum, Aryan. parrot

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #7 - April 29, 2014, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome thnkyu

I'm going to post a new topic somewhere here. I'm devising a plan to help the Muslim community "free" themselves. If you see it, let me know your thoughts!
     Reply #8 - April 29, 2014, 03:14 PM

Welcome to the forums and here's the obligatory  parrot

Now I live a double life you could say, and I'm happy to do this. It makes no sense for me to ostracise myself from my community and my family, yet anyway.

I have a couple of friends doing the exact same thing. I envy you to be honest. I wish I could do the same. I'm not being sarcastic or judgmental, I truly wish I could do the same.   Undecided

I also dislike being a hypocrite, so I actually became a strong believer in Islam and a great Muslim in my early teens. Thinking if this is the truth, then I need to follow it!

Exactly, I've always thought the same. If you believe it is true, you either practice fully or you end up being a hypocrite. I keep poking my eldest brother's inner guilt when nude scenes show up while watching game of thrones together, he's a married salafi with a footlong beard to show for it  Cheesy Cheesy

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #9 - April 29, 2014, 03:34 PM

... he's a married salafi with a footlong beard to show for it  Cheesy Cheesy

You just described someone I know Roll Eyes

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #10 - April 29, 2014, 03:53 PM

Welcome to the forums and here's the obligatory  :parrot:I have a couple of friends doing the exact same thing. I envy you to be honest. I wish I could do the same. I'm not being sarcastic or judgmental, I truly wish I could do the same.   Undecided
    Exactly, I've always thought the same. If you believe it is true, you either practice fully or you end up being a hypocrite. I keep poking my eldest brother's inner guilt when nude scenes show up while watching game of thrones together, he's a married salafi with a footlong beard to show for it  Cheesy Cheesy

Lol, I'm starting to see this parrot a lot  parrot

Just curious, why is it that you can't pose as a believer and do the same?

If my community was more liberal - let's say like Iranians and Turks in the West, then I wouldn't have an issue coming out. Unfortunately Pakistanis are crazy when it comes to this regard. Hopefully things will change in the future Afro
     Reply #11 - April 29, 2014, 05:12 PM

Just curious, why is it that you can't pose as a believer and do the same?

I get extremely conflicted when I do that. Even though I see nothing wrong with it, I just can't get myself to do it.

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #12 - April 29, 2014, 06:02 PM

^ Same.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #13 - April 30, 2014, 07:35 AM

Belated welcome, and good intro btw.  Afro
     parrot bunny
     Reply #14 - August 03, 2014, 06:03 PM

Belated Welcome.

Interesting name, Aryan, any reason for that particular choice?
     Reply #15 - August 03, 2014, 06:43 PM

wusup bro, welcome and stick around !
     Reply #16 - August 09, 2014, 03:48 AM

Helloo and welcome Aryan (sorry for the late welcome) agree with your every word and spookily, that could be me talking (except i'm not male or 24 nor have my own business) lol. Nice name by the way.

"Question with boldness even the existence of God...because...if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear"...Thomas Jefferson
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »