Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Tattoo Thread

(Read 15707 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Tattoo Thread
     OP - April 22, 2014, 11:58 PM

Does this exist? If not let's begin! Share pictures of tattoo you have, or want to have etc.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #1 - April 23, 2014, 01:32 AM

I always wanted a picture of a twisted tree on my back, to parallel the scoliosis. It's a bit cliche, though. My brother got a tattoo in Chinese. I asked him if he wants it translated. He insists he knows what it says. Good luck with that, I say, he has never studied Chinese in his life. Why do people do that? Shouldn't you use a language you know?

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #2 - April 23, 2014, 01:58 AM

I agree with you. I planning on getting some parts of an Arabic poem I like on it, as well as a map Iraq and a hand tattoo in honour of a good person.
    I've got a lightening bolt on my ankle, it a was a stick and poke so I'm reluctant to share that bit I suppose.

• The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #3 - April 23, 2014, 02:21 AM

My back. Tail coils and ends to lower back where tail ends. Will always remain unfinished.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #4 - April 23, 2014, 04:08 AM

The best tattoo I have ever seen (not in person, alas) is not fit for a family newspaper.
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #5 - April 23, 2014, 05:01 AM

I always wanted a picture of a twisted tree on my back, to parallel the scoliosis. It's a bit cliche, though. My brother got a tattoo in Chinese. I asked him if he wants it translated. He insists he knows what it says. Good luck with that, I say, he has never studied Chinese in his life. Why do people do that? Shouldn't you use a language you know?

My husband has a guy in his friend group (mostly Arabs) who is French, and he once told them that he had a tattoo in Arabic. When he lifted up his shirt to show them, they found what my husband described as "sort of just the alphabet" in a curved line under his chest. The guy thought it meant something or another in Arabic. But it really did not mean anything. Has a powerful message of the importance of research, though.

Also, wow. Nice, movingfeet!
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #6 - April 23, 2014, 07:28 AM

(Clicky for piccy!)

My back. Tail coils and ends to lower back where tail ends. Will always remain unfinished.

wow! That's amazing, why not finish it?

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #7 - April 23, 2014, 11:58 AM

(Clicky for piccy!)

Damn! That's pretty sweet!

• The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #8 - April 23, 2014, 10:00 PM

(Clicky for piccy!)

That's dope!
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #9 - April 23, 2014, 10:17 PM

@HappyMurtad.

Weren't you thinking about getting a tattoo ?

If I recall correctly you wanted a sentence in arabic that said something along the lines of " I do not fear nor do I grieve" as a play on some islamic saying.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #10 - April 23, 2014, 10:20 PM

I want this tattooed down my right arm (obviously just the sword, and the right way up):

And this down my left arm:

• The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #11 - April 23, 2014, 10:22 PM

Yep. I'm actually taking my time to finalize the design now, with some really cool and skillful insight from a fellow murtad. I'll upload a pic once I have it done. I'm moving away from the sentence and on to a more graphic depiction with words and significant symbolism.  
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #12 - April 23, 2014, 10:25 PM

^

Oh and have you thought of which part of your body you want to get it on ?

Biceps ? Buttcheeks ?

• The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #13 - April 23, 2014, 10:27 PM

Definitely the buttcheeks.
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #14 - April 24, 2014, 12:14 AM

I always think finding such hidden tattoos should be a treasure fun...

• The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #15 - April 25, 2014, 12:36 AM

Thanks all! As for not getting it finished, that's because I did not have enough money for the closing session and he went to France indefinitely.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

• The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #16 - May 07, 2014, 12:45 AM

^

you can always get another tattoo artist to finish it off. It will look better finished.

• The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #17 - May 07, 2014, 12:47 AM

I actually really like how it looks unfinished.
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #18 - May 07, 2014, 01:28 AM

Yeah, I can't really figure out what else needs to be done. I am no tattoo expert, and I am an art dunce, but that looks done, to me.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #19 - May 07, 2014, 01:46 AM

Thanks and it's a problem getting it done I guess because no other tattoo artist wants to touch this guy's work. It scares them.

• The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #20 - May 07, 2014, 01:48 AM

Yep. I'm actually taking my time to finalize the design now, with some really cool and skillful insight from a fellow murtad. I'll upload a pic once I have it done. I'm moving away from the sentence and on to a more graphic depiction with words and significant symbolism.  

sounds interesting..

• The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #21 - May 07, 2014, 01:49 AM

I just like the contrast it has when it's unfinished. In the center it is so perfect and concentrated, and then around it it becomes like a sketch, I think it is really pretty that way.  yes
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #22 - May 07, 2014, 02:35 AM

I think it is really pretty that way

lol It's supposed to be a scary bad ass tattoo. 

Your insulting the artist by calling it "pretty"   Cheesy

• The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #23 - May 07, 2014, 03:52 AM

no not really, it's not supposed to be anything in particular...I think it's pretty too

• The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #24 - May 22, 2014, 12:17 PM

I just got this inked yesterday. Time to plan the next.  Afro

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #25 - May 22, 2014, 11:00 PM

I figured I'd post my previous one here.

هذا من فضل جدي
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #26 - May 23, 2014, 12:43 AM

Nice for both, Kulay!
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #27 - July 17, 2014, 11:08 PM

Latest addition, done today. I love the text but hopefully It'll fade a bit and match the top after it heals as it is a bit darker right now. The green lines need to be washed away Tongue
    For the non arabic reader it just says "iron maiden" in arabic diwani (calligraphy done by my sister)

Edit: just changed for a better picture.

هذا من فضل جدي
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #28 - July 17, 2014, 11:19 PM

That looks great.
  • The Tattoo Thread
     Reply #29 - July 18, 2014, 12:27 AM

Afro

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »