Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: LOOK AT THESE IDIOTS., Gas balloons explode burns 40 people in Lahore

(Read 6009 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • LOOK AT THESE IDIOTS., Gas balloons explode burns 40 people in Lahore
     Reply #30 - April 20, 2014, 01:37 PM

Einstein's wife got no credit for any work she co-published with Einstein even though she was involved. I feel sorry for your husband, he'll get no credit.

Grin Oh, Descent, you flatter us both.

I don't think either of us are ever going to do anything remarkable. At least if we did stay together and have kids, between one of us being a biologist/English tutor and the other being an Arabic speaking mechanical engineer, our kids may have an educational advantage.

Although maybe those are all the ingredients for a dawahganda super villain...
     Reply #31 - April 20, 2014, 01:38 PM

Yeez, what antivirus/firewall are you using on your laptop?

well i am actually trying to disable fire wall to test it.,

it is that AVG 2013

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #32 - April 20, 2014, 01:40 PM

Although maybe those are all the ingredients for a dawahganda super villain...

or if you deal your cads smart., you may make that guy as SUPER VILLAIN against  dawahgandism and  dawahgandists..

it can go either way.. so be +ve lua

Reply #33 - April 20, 2014, 01:41 PM

well i am actually trying to disable fire wall to test it.,

it is that AVG 2013

Don't disable the firewall, just check your firewall settings/exceptions.. there is a possibility that your access to the internet has been blocked- it's happened to me before.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #34 - April 20, 2014, 01:42 PM

or if you deal your cads smart., you may make that guy as SUPER VILLAIN against  dawahgandism and  dawahgandists..

it can go either way.. so be +ve lua

You sure know how to cheer me up, Yeezevee.  happydance
     Reply #35 - April 20, 2014, 01:43 PM

Grin Oh, Descent, you flatter us both.

I don't think either of us are ever going to do anything remarkable. At least if we did stay together and have kids, between one of us being a biologist/English tutor and the other being an Arabic speaking mechanical engineer, our kids may have an educational advantage.

I wouldn't be so sure. You never know but an opportunity may arise and it's best not to write yourself out. Your husband may get a contract with the government to design the next generation of robots and you might win a Nobel Prize in Medicine.

And what's your field of expertise in biology?
     Reply #36 - April 20, 2014, 01:44 PM

Also, have you tested different browsers?

Reply #37 - April 20, 2014, 01:44 PM

Don't disable the firewall, just check your firewall settings/exceptions.. there is a possibility that your access to the internet has been blocked- it's happened to me before.

by who? how do they do that as I am connecting other PC  from the same connections?

Reply #38 - April 20, 2014, 01:44 PM

Edit:Double Post
     Reply #39 - April 20, 2014, 01:45 PM

Also, have you tested different browsers?

well all browsers are behaving same way..

Reply #40 - April 20, 2014, 01:46 PM

Try an Ethernet port if you have one, see if the problem is still the same.
    Also, maybe try renewing your IP address Yeez?

http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/windowsnetworkin1/ht/renewipaddrwxp.htm

Reply #41 - April 20, 2014, 01:50 PM

by who? how do they do that as I am connecting other PC  from the same connections?

Has your firewall (on your laptop) ever given you a notification, something like this:

"process x is trying to connect to something.exe"

By any chance did you disallow the notification? This is on the off chance that you unintentionally blocked internet traffic on your laptop.
    On second thoughts, just disable your firewall completely for a bit and see what happens.

Reply #42 - April 20, 2014, 01:51 PM

I wouldn't be so sure. You never know but an opportunity may arise and it's best not to write yourself out. Your husband may get a contract with the government to design the next generation of robots and you might win a Nobel Prize in Medicine.

And what's your expertise in biology?

Grin You are definitely flattering us! I'll leave the Nobel Prize winning of this forum up to you.

I have recently been planning to jump off and join the workforce before (instead of?) going the PhD route; I am so eager to get out there again. But the bulk of my research comes down to genetics. I wanted to really get heavily into cell signalling, but I didn't design my projects right/jump into the right ongoing projects for it.
     Reply #43 - April 20, 2014, 02:06 PM

Genetics is a fascinating field and I'm sure there is plenty to learn and discover. I suppose you could take a break and work before completing your doctoral thesis (or do it while working?). A quick read on wiki has shown me that cell signalling is a very interesting and important field and may lead to several breakthroughs in the treatment of many diseases.

And I'll probably be dead before winning the Nobel Prize. The Committee for Physics sure love to take their time.
     Reply #44 - April 20, 2014, 02:17 PM

Genetics is a fascinating field and I'm sure there is plenty to learn and discover. I suppose you could take a break and work before completing your doctoral thesis (or do it while working?). A quick read on wiki has shown me that cell signalling is a very interesting and important field and may lead to several breakthroughs in the treatment of many diseases.

Cell signalling is an absolutely awesome field. I tend to work with little critters that are excellent specimens to study cell signalling, but the research is so slow-moving sometimes that you wind up spending a lot of time just hunting for what you're looking for on the genetic level, and a lot of trial and error and gel running and blah.

And you're right. I love what I'm doing, but I do think I need a break from the academic aspects of it and the perpetual poverty of student life. Grin I'm sure I'll probably want to get back into it after a time, but, I fear if I don't mix things up a bit I may get burned out.

And I'll probably be dead before winning the Nobel Prize. The Committee for Physics sure love to take their sweet time.

Really? Ah, but you're starting so young. I'd place my bets on you. If you do win the Nobel Prize, hopefully by then you will no longer be a closeted ex-Muslim, but if you are, you ought to give us some sort of sign when you accept it. Like three winks and we'll know that young physicist is Descent accepting his Nobel Prize.  dance
     Reply #45 - April 20, 2014, 02:39 PM

Yeah, I'm planning on getting a PhD in Physics but it will take 6-7 Years so it's a long way from now. I would be imagine it would be exhausting.

The Committee take forever that many people die before receiving an award. Last year, 2 people won the Prize for their work on the Higgs mechanism. The other 4 people who worked with them got nothing as they don't give the award posthumously.

If I ever win, which is unlikely, I'll throw a party inviting everyone on CEMB. I'll use the reward money so all expenses will be on me. I'm serious on this by the way.

I really appreciate everyone on this forum. I'm not the best at social interactions so this forum gives me a place where I can talk my heart out and be myself. It's wonderful.
     Reply #46 - April 20, 2014, 02:48 PM

Yeah, I'm planning on getting a PhD in Physics but it will take 6-7 Years so it's a long way from now. I would be imagine it would be exhausting.

The Committee take forever that many people die before receiving an award. Last year, 2 people won the Prize for their work on the Higgs mechanism. The other 4 people who worked with them got nothing as they don't give the award posthumously.

If I ever win, which is unlikely, I'll throw a party inviting everyone on CEMB. I'll use the reward money so all expenses will be on me. I'm serious on this by the way.

I really appreciate everyone on this forum. I'm not the best at social interactions so this forum gives me a place where I can talk my heart out and be myself. It's wonderful.

I've known some people who got their PhD who really never wanted school to end, and who will tell you that time flew by.

I think my problem is that I spent an abnormally long time getting here; since high school I went from completing half of the registered nurse curriculum to switching to engineering before I finally landed on molecular biology and biochem. I had no direction in the beginning and took the long way around. If I had my act together and my moves planned out like you, I might never have gotten tired of it. I think you won't get tired at all.

Are you kidding? I'd gladly pay my own expenses to go celebrate with our Nobel Prize winner. Grin

Anyway, it's wonderful to have you. I for one always make it a point to read your posts when I see your icon if I'm skimming the forum. I'm glad we both joined around the same time.  yes
     Reply #47 - April 20, 2014, 03:18 PM

I'm quite passionate so I don't think I'll lose interest. I'm really excited with the opportunity to work with some professors and  will see if I can do any undergraduate research. I haven't chose a sub-field but there will be plenty of time for that.

Another thing I have to worry about is financial issues. Fortunately I will only have to pay for undergraduate tuition the Masters and Doctorate will be very cheap.

And it's wonderful to have you too Lua. You're poster of the Month and it's easy to see why.
     Reply #48 - April 20, 2014, 03:35 PM

I'm quite passionate so I don't think I'll lose interest. I'm really excited with the opportunity to work with some professors and  will see if I can do any undergraduate research. I haven't chose a sub-field but there will be plenty of time for that.

That's smart, and definitely my best advice for you as an undergrad. Doing research early can make a giant difference. That's one thing I wish I'd done when I was an undergrad. Choose a professor to work under who sees something in you and who is helpful; I've gotten many opportunities sent my way from buddying up with the right professor.

Another thing I have to worry about is financial issues. Fortunately I will only have to pay for undergraduate tuition the Masters and Doctorate will be very cheap.

I know what you mean. I'll be paying off student loans forever. Maybe that's a reason to consider fleeing to Saudi Arabia... Cheesy

But I don't know what your situation is there, but I know over here you can actually get in an arrangement to be paid while you pursue your PhD. The money you get isn't fantastic, but it is at least a net gain and you avoid racking up more debt. I've known a few people who were helped tremendously by it.

And it's wonderful to have you too Lua. You're poster of the Month and it's easy to see why.

Aw.  001_wub I have a feeling you'll follow soon after.  Afro
     Reply #49 - April 20, 2014, 03:55 PM

But I don't know what your situation is there, but I know over here you can actually get in an arrangement to be paid while you pursue your PhD. The money you get isn't fantastic, but it is at least a net gain and you avoid racking up more debt. I've known a few people who were helped tremendously by it.

I'll be working throughout, even as an undergraduate since my parents have told me they won't provide for the living costs but only tuition fees, I've checked some basic jobs and the earnings cover everything. The only thing sad was I had reject an offer from my dream university since it was way too expensive.

I know what you mean. I'll be paying off student loans forever. Maybe that's a reason to consider fleeing to Saudi Arabia...

Fleeing to Saudi Arabia sounds like a paradox.  Grin
     Reply #50 - April 20, 2014, 04:03 PM

I'll be working throughout, even as an undergraduate since my parents have told me they won't provide for the living costs but only tuition fees, I've checked some basic jobs and the earnings cover everything. The only thing sad was I had reject an offer from my dream university since it was way too expensive.

You're going to be totally fine, then...But hey, at least you can say you got an offer from your ideal university! That's impressive and doesn't come with any debt.

Fleeing to Saudi Arabia sounds like a paradox.  Grin

True...
     Reply #51 - April 20, 2014, 04:17 PM

Fleeing to Saudi Arabia sounds like a paradox.  Grin

True...

lua., if you ask my suggestion., I would say you should go to Saudi Arabia., I believe with your background in research in  biochem/biophys  you will get a better position for your qualifications in that KING university than anywhere else.

So professionally it is not bad to move ., and if possible keep your feet in two different places..

Reply #52 - April 20, 2014, 04:24 PM

^It isn't something I'd be totally against to go over there on a work iqama instead of just being sponsored by my husband and trying to find employment while I'm there. I do have a contact in King Faisal University, but I guess I will see what my options are when the time comes...Thanks, Yeezevee.
     Reply #53 - April 20, 2014, 04:25 PM

well let me add this  it was on Pakistan TV yesterday..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJmUU2L50w
    '
    well "LOOK AT THESE IDIOTS" is a good folder to add that..

One fool asks a question

" If Muslim fights Muslim and gets killed who will go to Jannah"

You idiots there is jannah., no one will go to Jannah.,  one will die and other one who is alive will get killed again in  Muslim guy's  hands..

That is Islam.. kill and get killed never ending Islamic Jannah.. ..

....fools..

Reply #54 - April 20, 2014, 04:27 PM

You're going to be totally fine, then...But hey, at least you can say you got an offer from your ideal university! That's impressive and doesn't come with any debt.

I suppose where you study for undergrad doesn't matter so much. I just hope I can go do research at Cavendish Lab for my Master's and Doctorate.
     Reply #55 - April 20, 2014, 04:31 PM

I have a question Yeez,

Jannnah is eternal.
    Jahannam is eternal (but some people argue against this, I don't currently find their arguments convincing).

So, let's suppose that your family is in Jannah, whilst you are in jahannam.
    Your family will have to spend an eternity in Jannah knowing that you are being eternally tortured by the most merciful of the merciful.
    The counter argument to this tends to be : "Those in Jahannam will not utter a word about their acts, because they know that they are wrong".  Apparently, it then follows that those in Jannah will also know why their loved ones are in Jahannam & they will accept it.

My argument : an entity being the most merciful of the merciful is not valid on the basis of people accepting its punishment.

If we derive nonacceptance of Islam through our reasoning (which is faulty) does it then mean that the one who punishes us is morally inferior to us, as we are only using our cognitive capacities to reach our conclusions (which were given to us by him) ?

Reply #56 - April 20, 2014, 08:35 PM

I have a question Yeez,

Jannnah is eternal....................
    Jahannam is eternal ............

those two words ARE NOTHING TO WITH ISLAM that started sometimes in the year  632AD Qtian ., These Quran/hadith writers copy/pasted the stuff from other religions of that time around Arabia such as Jewish/Christian/Arabian  pagan religious folks..

So called Islamic scriptures are old wine new bottle ., whatever is there in Quran was already there before the birth of "Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim" PBUH, RA, SAW DA, Ph. D. Islam.. whatever...

don't spend your time thinking about nonsense in CEMB forum.. it is different if you want beat up some Muslim guy who thinks that Quran is word of allah doll..

Reply #57 - April 20, 2014, 08:37 PM

whatever is there in Quran was already there before the birth of "Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim" PBUH, RA, SAW DA, Ph. D.

Cheesy
     Reply #58 - April 20, 2014, 08:47 PM

those two words ARE NOTHING TO WITH ISLAM that started sometimes in the year  632AD Qtian ., These Quran/hadith writers copy/pasted the stuff from other religions of that time around Arabia such as Jewish/Christian/Arabian  pagan religious folks..

So called Islamic scriptures are old wine new bottle ., whatever is there in Quran was already there before the birth of "Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim" PBUH, RA, SAW DA, Ph. D. Islam.. whatever...

don't spend your time thinking about nonsense in CEMB forum.. it is different if you want beat up some Muslim guy who thinks that Quran is word of allah doll..

However, Yeez:

Muslims believe in the tenets of Islam, Heaven & Hell are two core tenets of Islam. Therefore it does make sense to question this flawed incentive system.
    Nevertheless, I do appreciate your witty response (as usual)

Reply #59 - April 20, 2014, 08:47 PM

^It isn't something I'd be totally against to go over there on a work iqama instead of just being sponsored by my husband and trying to find employment while I'm there. I do have a contact in King Faisal University, but I guess I will see what my options are when the time comes...Thanks, Yeezevee.

And lua

I am very certain Saudi Arabia and the folks living there will change dramatically in the next 15 years or so..

China and Saudi Arabia pushed the number of international students in the United States to 764,495 in the 2011-2012 academic year. The number of international students enrolled in US colleges increased 6 percent, propelled primarily by a continuing rise in students from China and a recent surge from Saudi Arabia, showed a Nov. 2012 report of the nonprofit Institute of International Education. Currently more than 71,000 Saudis are studying in the United States. The number increased by 98 percent between 2005-2012.

that is from Sand land news paper

So all those guys 80% of them  will certainly be infidels trying assert their freedom  of expression., So I believe sand and will change with such interactions..

The US Department of Commerce said international students contributed $ 22.7 billion (SR 85.1 billion) in 2011 to reviving the US economy. The number of Saudi students increased by 50 percent in 2011 alone, according to local media

hu! look at that money I wish some of that money could come to Pakistan..Pakistan has good religious schools.. better than AMRIKA..

• Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »