Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Dawah Programme

(Read 2800 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Dawah Programme
     OP - April 17, 2014, 09:06 AM

Yesterday my mother took three domestic maids to a dawah programme, two of the domestic accepted Islam.

This was the programme, it was apparently very inspiring. It was a programme designed for the africans, they brought in a convert, read his story: http://www.ciibroadcasting.com/2014/03/10/my-story-maulana-saeed-mcane-from-prison-to-pulpit/

In my mothers words, they introduced this man, he recited quran in the most beautiful manner, he is now an alim subhannalah.

He spoke to the audience in their native language zulu, giving a heart moving talk of how he came to accept islam.

Two out of three of the domestic took their shahada

I found this interesting, especially the story of saeed and how he inspired people to become muslim

What are your thoughts?

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #1 - April 17, 2014, 09:12 AM

I find all dawah programmes of a religion that says those who leave and criticise it deserve to be persecuted extremely creepy. Its organised lying and dissimulation.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #2 - April 17, 2014, 09:21 AM

They don't see it as lying tho Smiley

I know personally having a brother who is involved in dawah, they see it as saving more people from hell.

I think they think their intentions are good and really believe in what they are preaching, i mean if you read this guys story, to a layman it may actually sound very inspiring. To the average person it may show that this man spent so much time in prison studying various religions and he CHOSE islam.

I wonder if they gave this guy Richard dawkins or SAm Harris to read in prison what would have happened...

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #3 - April 17, 2014, 02:03 PM

There is a kind of similar query in my mind. Why do people become pious after performing Hajj and/or Umrah. Some cry and all the women I have seen become hijabis? I find it strange but what are the reasons behind the successful influences of the dawahmen and pilgrimages?
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #4 - April 17, 2014, 02:08 PM

Look up Jerusalem Syndrome.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #5 - April 17, 2014, 02:09 PM

I have been for umrah Rubaya, must be more then 10 times that I have been. It's the same with any type of prayer, a sort of placebo effect, when you believe with all your heart that something is true and you visit the 'holy' land it does have an impact and makes you feel 'closer to god'

Its the same with any religion and spiritual places.

If you really believe it to be true, visiting a place you believe is spiritual has an effect on you and some act accordingly.

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #6 - April 17, 2014, 02:09 PM

lol and what quod said

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #7 - April 17, 2014, 02:11 PM

Religions, Christianity and Islam at least, always seem to prey on people at the lowest point in their lives.
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #8 - April 17, 2014, 02:15 PM

gives people a clutch, is there anyway to inspire such people without religion tho?

Say one of us got to this prison guy before he accepted islam, what could we say to him that would give him a good reason to turn his life around without bringing religion into it?

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #9 - April 17, 2014, 02:19 PM

I don't know. That's why I'm not really in the business of trying to help people turn their lives around.
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #10 - April 17, 2014, 02:21 PM

when people use vulnerability as a way in to evangelise their religion, they don't care in the first instance about that person, he or she is just another fish they're trying to hook

God is Love.

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #11 - April 17, 2014, 02:23 PM

I remember reading a Muslim woman on twitter once commenting on a story about a teenage girl somewhere in Scotland committing suicide in a very tragic tale of teenage depression. The Muslimah was sad because she never had the chance to have da'wah made to her when she was at her low point when she was depressed. That is where the tragedy was, for her.

God is Love.

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #12 - April 17, 2014, 02:26 PM

I don't know. That's why I'm not really in the business of trying to help people turn their lives around.

I think its worth thinking about, you never know when you might be in a situation where you have to help someone up Smiley

With religion its easy enough to say trust god, god is there for you etc etc and u give them a reason to live

What do you tell people without religion? I think this is something worth giving a thought to

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #13 - April 17, 2014, 02:29 PM

when people use vulnerability as a way in to evangelise their religion, they don't care in the first instance about that person, he or she is just another fish they're trying to hook

This. 100%
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #14 - April 17, 2014, 02:32 PM

I think its worth thinking about, you never know when you might be in a situation where you have to help someone up Smiley

With religion its easy enough to say trust god, god is there for you etc etc and u give them a reason to live

What do you tell people without religion? I think this is something worth giving a thought to

My pep talks usually go something like, "Yeah dude. Life sucks sometimes. What the fuck else can you do though? I'm here if you wanna grab a beer and talk or whatever."

Usually works better than pushing loads of guilt, shame, false hope, and a fantasy afterlife onto people.
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #15 - April 17, 2014, 02:33 PM

lol fair enough Wink

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #16 - April 17, 2014, 02:49 PM

gives people a clutch

My personal experience tells me that Islam is a terrible clutch. In other words it doesn't work. After becoming an atheist I started believing more in myself than destiny and karma.
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #17 - April 17, 2014, 02:51 PM

You are right Rubi Smiley I feel stronger and trust myself more now

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #18 - April 17, 2014, 02:59 PM

My pep talks usually go something like, "Yeah dude. Life sucks sometimes. What the fuck else can you do though? I'm here if you wanna grab a beer and talk or whatever."

Usually works better than pushing loads of guilt, shame, false hope, and a fantasy afterlife onto people.

That actually works incredibly well. Being able to have a beer with someone who cares enough to listen and not judge you works wonders. To anyone who has someone like this, make sure you don't only speak with them when you need to unload, you'll just be an emotional drain.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #19 - April 17, 2014, 06:03 PM

Troubled youth, goes to prison and finds religion. not impressed. This story is repeated by most of the prison population on the planet. I would rather see the prison system flood these facilities with educators which can teach all the population ta useful trade-skill than read a story about how 1 lucky guy turned his life around but the 99 others become repeat offenders
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #20 - April 17, 2014, 06:16 PM

1 lucky guy turned his life around but the 99 others become repeat offenders

Afro

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #21 - April 17, 2014, 06:31 PM

Troubled youth, goes to prison and finds religion. not impressed. This story is repeated by most of the prison population on the planet. I would rather see the prison system flood these facilities with educators which can teach all the population ta useful trade-skill than read a story about how 1 lucky guy turned his life around but the 99 others become repeat offenders

Also, prisons do have many "gangs". It is quite probable to assume that someone is converting to reap the benefits of a prison "ummah" which can give him a sense of protection.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #22 - April 17, 2014, 06:35 PM

Duh.

• Dawah Programme
     Reply #23 - April 17, 2014, 06:46 PM

Thread jacked

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Dawah Programme
     Reply #24 - April 17, 2014, 06:47 PM

Also note the job he has is from a religious group which benefits from his story and his talks. The religion may have turned his life around but it didn't prepare him for a life outside of prison. I didn't read about any useful skills learned by him from his religion. All I saw were appeals to emotions. From my pov he is a blogger and talking head, nothing more.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »