Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: About time

(Read 4596 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • About time
     OP - April 16, 2014, 07:32 AM

Sup guys.

I've been lurking the forum for way too long now, and I think it's time I had the common decency to at least introduce myself Cheesy

18 year old ex-moose from England. Left about 6 months ago.

As time goes on, my level of incredulity at Islamic beliefs just keeps on increasing. This is probably a result of my parents constant "Islamic teaching" classes they give us at home. And it might be worth mentioning that at one such event, it transpired that my entire family actively believe the part about apostasy being punishable by death.

I should actually be revising for my final exams right now, seeing as I've been accepted into university, and that it's my ticket out of this intellectual wasteland.

Unfortunately, of my current friend circle, about 99% of them hold fundamentalist Islamic beliefs (but lets just ignore the fact that nearly none of them practice their religion fully), and they always drag me along to their religious gatherings and its getting to be a bit annoying. (Although listening to fundamentalist preaching/thought processes kind of makes me laugh and enjoy life more, so there's that).

Anyway, excuse the disjointed nature of this "introduction", and if you willingly got this far down, I worry for your state of mind.

I'm a dude.
  • About time
     Reply #1 - April 16, 2014, 07:41 AM

Welcome to the forum. A parrot for you. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • About time
     Reply #2 - April 16, 2014, 08:00 AM

Hey Knight of Zero,

im a fellow lurker on this forum, but have not got round to doing an official intro yet. 
    I should prob do that at some point.

it took me till i was 35 to realise i didnt believe, and spent all my teens and twenties dedicated to Islam.  I now feel a little old to start kicking up a fuss with my family, who are all practicing.

I think you should thank whatever lucky star you now believe in, that you realised this early in your adult life.  now you can spend the rest of your time developing relationships with people on your wavelength. 

A perfectly just God who sentences his imperfect creation to infinite punishment for finite sins is impossible
  • About time
     Reply #3 - April 16, 2014, 08:13 AM

Welcome fellow 18-year old.  parrot  bunny

May I ask what are you going to do in university?
  • About time
     Reply #4 - April 16, 2014, 01:14 PM

Welcome to the forum. A parrot for you. parrot

thnkyu

Hey Knight of Zero,

im a fellow lurker on this forum, but have not got round to doing an official intro yet. 
    I should prob do that at some point.

it took me till i was 35 to realise i didnt believe, and spent all my teens and twenties dedicated to Islam.  I now feel a little old to start kicking up a fuss with my family, who are all practicing.

I think you should thank whatever lucky star you now believe in, that you realised this early in your adult life.  now you can spend the rest of your time developing relationships with people on your wavelength. 

Hey aside Smiley  I certainly hope it's all uphill from here, for you and me both.

Quote from: Descent

(Not quite sure how to quote you as that button seems to be missing on your post :S)

I'll be doing medicine next year (Insha'aSpaghetti) if I can meet their offer 

Are you from the UK yourself?

I'm a dude.
  • About time
     Reply #5 - April 16, 2014, 01:39 PM

I'm actually from India, but I will study Physics in London beginning next year. Getting ready for you exams? Mine start in 1 month.
  • About time
     Reply #6 - April 16, 2014, 03:25 PM

Quote from: Descent
    X

Physics eh? I'm doing it at A level currently and it's f****** fascinating!

Yeah my exams begin like the 2nd week of June which is way too soon for me. I'm trying to revise  as best as I can.

Sad part is, because during my 1st year exams I was a devout Muslim, I've sort of made exam season synonymous with 'dramatic increase in religiosity'. So the irrational part of me thinks I did well because of the dude upstairs.

It'll be tough focusing on these exams whilst constantly thinking I'm gonna fail because I've pissed off 'god'. Cheesy Rant over

I'm a dude.
  • About time
     Reply #7 - April 16, 2014, 03:28 PM

Welcome! parrot I'm pretty new here, too, and everyone is very nice. You'll have fun. 
  • About time
     Reply #8 - April 16, 2014, 03:30 PM

I've sort of made exam season synonymous with 'dramatic increase in religiosity'

Science going against the quran?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • About time
     Reply #9 - April 17, 2014, 09:10 AM

Welcome! parrot I'm pretty new here, too, and everyone is very nice. You'll have fun. 

Thanks Smiley

Quote from: Quod Sum Eris
    X

I don't entirely understand what your question means, but what I meant was during exam period I would get more religious in the hopes of achieving top grades. And because this actually happened, in the back of my head, top grades = divine intervention...

I'm a dude.
  • About time
     Reply #10 - April 17, 2014, 09:13 AM

hi welcome to the forum   Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• About time
     Reply #11 - April 17, 2014, 10:18 PM

Sup guys.

I've been lurking the forum for way too long now, and I think it's time I had the common decency to at least introduce myself Cheesy

18 year old ex-moose from England. Left about 6 months ago.

As time goes on, my level of incredulity at Islamic beliefs just keeps on increasing. This is probably a result of my parents constant "Islamic teaching" classes they give us at home. And it might be worth mentioning that at one such event, it transpired that my entire family actively believe the part about apostasy being punishable by death.

I should actually be revising for my final exams right now, seeing as I've been accepted into university, and that it's my ticket out of this intellectual wasteland.

Unfortunately, of my current friend circle, about 99% of them hold fundamentalist Islamic beliefs (but lets just ignore the fact that nearly none of them practice their religion fully), and they always drag me along to their religious gatherings and its getting to be a bit annoying. (Although listening to fundamentalist preaching/thought processes kind of makes me laugh and enjoy life more, so there's that).

Anyway, excuse the disjointed nature of this "introduction", and if you willingly got this far down, I worry for your state of mind.

Hey, nice to meet you!
    Ah, I remember A levels... what are you studying?

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • About time
     Reply #12 - April 19, 2014, 03:34 PM

hi welcome to the forum   Afro

Thanks billy Smiley

Quote from: Qtian
    X

Hi! I'm currently doing Bio, Physics and Chem.

I'm guessing you're a uni student? Or maybe 63 year old Mongolian late night 'naughty' show presenter?

I'm a dude.
  • About time
     Reply #13 - April 19, 2014, 05:21 PM

I am 22, so I am not a uni student anymore Smiley

• About time
     Reply #14 - April 19, 2014, 05:26 PM

y did i think you were older

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • About time
     Reply #15 - April 19, 2014, 05:27 PM

O and welcome knight Smiley

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

• About time
     Reply #16 - April 19, 2014, 05:29 PM

Idk, you could've just asked my age haha.

• About time
     Reply #17 - April 19, 2014, 05:32 PM

fair enough Wink

• About time
     Reply #18 - April 19, 2014, 07:39 PM

O and welcome knight Smiley

Thanks!

(Though I don't really know what to make of your name? Confused And Go? Confuse Dango?)

I'm a dude.
  • About time
     Reply #19 - April 19, 2014, 07:40 PM

Wow I may be dyslexic. I just read your name and it says "dagno". But now I'm even more confused.

I'm a dude.
  • About time
     Reply #20 - April 19, 2014, 07:41 PM

^ I always assumed confused agnostic, but I could be wrong
  • About time
     Reply #21 - April 19, 2014, 08:20 PM

Wuddup  cool2

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
  • About time
     Reply #22 - April 19, 2014, 08:24 PM

^ I always assumed confused agnostic, but I could be wrong

this  Afro

• About time
     Reply #23 - April 19, 2014, 08:43 PM

Oh, I thought that it was con fusedagno  Huh?

• About time
     Reply #24 - April 19, 2014, 08:53 PM

lol only lua gets me Wink I love you lua Wink

• About time
     Reply #25 - April 19, 2014, 09:02 PM

grin12

• About time
     Reply #26 - April 19, 2014, 10:51 PM

Belated welcome. Smiley
  • About time
     Reply #27 - April 20, 2014, 01:39 AM

Welcome  Greetings

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • About time
     Reply #28 - April 20, 2014, 06:56 AM

Wuddup  cool2

Belated welcome. Smiley

Quote from: TheDarkRebel
    Welcome

Thanks guys Smiley

Also @TheDarkRebel what happened to Sahih TDR and HM's revised-quran-thingy???

I used to lurk this forum just before and immediately after my apostasy and those legendary threads somehow helped me cope with the mental stress.

I'm a dude.
  • About time
     Reply #29 - April 20, 2014, 06:36 PM

lol only lua gets me Wink I love you lua Wink

Right back at you  Afro
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »