Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Pharrell - Happy British Muslims!

(Read 8363 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Pharrell - Happy British Muslims!
     Reply #60 - April 22, 2014, 01:19 AM

Cheesy

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #61 - April 22, 2014, 01:47 AM

what do you guys think of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClKqizAd9_Q

Despite them being the dullest and dumbest cunts in the history of ever, I agree with them that the original video is obscene. Seeing Mo Ansar dancing made me want to wash my eyes with bleach and dry them with sand.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #62 - April 24, 2014, 10:03 AM

It must be nice having nothing better to do than whine about a youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rVYYvnbxfGc

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #63 - April 24, 2014, 11:18 AM

Is he really asking if a few minute of dancing gives someone happiness? YES!!! It absolutely does, because guess what? Research says that regular movement (exercise - including dance) has the same effect as anti depressants without the side effects of anti depressants. Hater da finga
    You're very happy? Greeeeeeat! It's perspective? Yeah so why are you stressing what their perspective is?

Then he states that it's extremism to dance, JUST LIKE IT'S EXTREMIST TO KILL IN THE NAME OF ISLAM. And then "blowing up something has less of an impact" - oh cause 50 people's innocent blood was spilled for dancing...? Aaah why did I watch it *facepalm*

This guy is REALLY saying that terrorism (killing) is less impacting than what he calls "extremism" of dancing. MOTHERFUCKER KILL YOURSELF.

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

Reply #64 - April 24, 2014, 11:37 AM

Haven't watched it, but if it's true what Jila said, then yes, he should just kill himself. The world would be a better place without scumbags like him. I can't understand that someone would actually say and believe something like that, and people listening and agreeing makes me not wanna live on this planet anymore...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #65 - April 24, 2014, 01:25 PM

I didn’t watch the video, but based on Jila’s  comments, it is such a shame that these guys are missing out on such an integral part of what it means to be human. Music and dancing is such a universal and intrinsic part of who we are as a species. I am no sociologist, but it  does not take one to observe  that no culture anywhere on our planet has developed without some form of music and dance.

I honestly feel like these guys who deny themselves music are denying themselves an essential part of what it is to be a human. We don’t just hear music. We experience it. It moves us. It motivates us. It causes positive, palpable, physical responses in us. Banning Music is like banning food, sex, or clothing. And As I think about it, Islam bans good portions of those things too. It’s funny to think that many Muslims look at ex-Muslims as sub-human. And while I’m not calling practicing Muslims sub-human, not at all, I do think that they harm themselves by restricting basic parts of what makes us who we are. They limit their natural potential in many ways, missing out on the total human experience.

This stretches beyond music, dance, and the arts. Even basic emotions are regulated in Islam, tied somehow to the faith in order to allow it to manipulate and take advantage of what makes us human.

Islam tells you who you can love and who you must hate. Islam tells you when to be happy and when to be patient. It regulates your anger, your fear, and your despair. It even regulates how you are allowed to mourn your dead and honor their memory. “Don’t build raised grave markers.” “Allah curses the women who wail at funerals.”  “Don’t think of those killed in the way of Allah as dead, they are alive receiving sustenance from their lord, happy with what Allah has given them of his bounty.” “And don’t stand at the grave of any hypocrite and do not recite prayers for them when they die.”

It regulates our most intimate relationships with our families and loved ones. “Never will you find a people who believe in Allah and the last day loving those who oppose Allah and his messenger, even if they are their fathers, sons, brothers, or close relatives.” “And if you determine women to be believers, do not give them back to their disbelieving husbands. They are not permissible for them.”

How dare you, Islam? How dare you tell people who they can love? How dare you tell people what can make them happy and what can make them sad? How dare you try to take away from us the very things that make us who we are? All so that you can use us for your own ends while promising us what you have taken away from us after we have ceased to exist, or by promising us an eternity those things we fear the most.

How dare you manipulate people as you have done? How dare you divide us? How dare you rob us of our humanity? Shame on you, Islam. Really, you are the one who should be ashamed.  
     Reply #66 - April 24, 2014, 01:41 PM

All what you said is a typical description of how a cult/sect operates and controls its followers. Islam was a pretty nasty 7th century Arabian cult. Some Muslims haven't moved on from there quite yet, unfortunately, and that's why we still have problems as apostates. JW and Mormons have the same problems when they leave, allthough they treat their apostates a teeny weeny little better; they don't kill them. Everything else is basically as horrible...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #67 - April 24, 2014, 01:53 PM

Last night I put this quote in greatest hits:

the thing about the arts is... when you take art and music away
    from the people, you take away a part of their soul.  You have
    more control over them. 

I think it is so true, especially as it relates to Islam. Take away music and the arts. Take away that natural love people feel for their families, parents, and children. Regulate who people can marry, what they can eat, what they can wear. Make them ashamed and guilty about their sexuality, their thoughts, and their feelings.Take away or regulate all of those things that make them who they are, and suddenly, you have robots. You have minions that you can program and control as you see fit. It is almost genius in a sinister,scary sort of way. 
     Reply #68 - April 24, 2014, 02:02 PM

If these fundie mullas and shuyookh had any say in the matter, there would be no "Islamic science and art". You remember HM how we were taught how unislamic and foul it was to decorate the masajid? I don't know if you ever came across this one, but the green dome over Mo's grave should according to these salafi scholars be demolished. If only the ummah were rightly guided, it would be an obligation to do so, but the ummah is ignorant so we must not stir up fitnah. Roll Eyes

• Happy British Muslims
     Reply #69 - April 24, 2014, 02:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVDIXqILqSM

Well not all British Muslims are happy about this video, those of the sourpuss disposition are predictably incensed and find it very inappropriate.

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #70 - April 24, 2014, 02:20 PM

merged ^^^

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #71 - April 24, 2014, 03:49 PM

If these fundie mullas and shuyookh had any say in the matter, there would be no "Islamic science and art". You remember HM how we were taught how unislamic and foul it was to decorate the masajid? I don't know if you ever came across this one, but the green dome over Mo's grave should according to these salafi scholars be demolished. If only the ummah were rightly guided, it would be an obligation to do so, but the ummah is ignorant so we must not stir up fitnah. Roll Eyes

My god, yes! I remember once I was at the house of a prominent and famous salafi scholar in Makkah and he was going on about the evils of Qabaabeeb. Arabic is, of course, a second language for me so I wasn’t familiar with that word. After him going on and on about how bad these qabaabeeb were for several minutes and how he had worked to get them banned in Makkah and in Madinah to no avail, I leaned to the student next to me and asked what the word meant. “Jam3’ qubbah,” he said, “It is the plural of qubbah, domes.” This shaikh, a famous and influential one in Makkah, mind you, was going on and on about how evil domes were and how vile it was that the masjids are decorated and beautified.

He also stated that in the mosque down the street from his home, he had them duct tape over the calligraphy on the walls because it could lead to shirk to have “Allah” and “Muhammad” written out on the walls inside of mosques. Sure enough, when we walked to pray maghrib in that mosque later that evening, I noticed that he had in fact had the calligraphy covered in tacky tape.

He then went on to say that having the names of the sahaabah (Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali, etc) engraved on the walls and pillars as they are in Masjid Al-Haram can lead to shirk. He went on to criticize the pilgrims who cried at the kaa’bah, mocking them, saying that most of them were committing shirk and riyaa (showing off).

I got to hear a lot from that shaikh and concluded rather quickly that he was an ignorant, grumpy old man. I remember how he would criticize the mu’ethineen (athan callers) of Makkah and Madinah, saying they were nothing more than singers. The funny thing is, the two things that really moved me about Madinah in particular were the beautiful architecture of the Ottoman era and the skillful, soulful call of the mu’ethins.

The serenity of sitting in the Prophet’s mosque just before sunset, the green dome of the prophet’s tomb glistening majestically against the twilight as the heat of the evening breeze swept across the courtyard, the silence pierced by the melodious, echoing calls of the athan cascading across the city: that is the closest thing to a “spiritual” experience I remember about those days. Every single evening, it made me happy to be there. It would probably still impact me today if I could experience it again.

But it’s like anything that elicits that feeling of spirituality and happieness is banned and vilified in salafi Islam. It’s no wonder they are always so angry about everything.
     Reply #72 - April 24, 2014, 04:21 PM

I don't know why, but I'm always amused when I come across someone who has the same experience as me Cheesy
    It's so sad that these people are unable to enjoy life. I remember that I read that even mullah Omar didn't want to destroy the Buddah statues, because they wete part of human culture or something. But then he had a dream and knew he had to it "for allah". Which shows that even the most narrow minded fundamentalist has an inner appreciation for human art and achievement.

Reply #73 - April 24, 2014, 04:53 PM

It must be nice having nothing better to do than whine about a youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rVYYvnbxfGc

watched the whole thing, and I could actually see a little box around his head clouding his world view....

I think its really sad to see these people talking so negatively about things they don't understand

But if he thinks he is happy, good for him

But stop saying others are not happy because you or your religion don't agree

this is one of the things I hate about religion, imposing your world view on others, imposing guilt, imposing limitation unjustifiably

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #74 - April 24, 2014, 04:59 PM

This would be blasphemous, would it. Cheesy I laugh but my insides are sad.

Reply #75 - April 24, 2014, 05:04 PM

cant see your pic cornflower

very pretty, i think i would get dizzy in that mosque

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #76 - April 24, 2014, 06:14 PM

That looks like a very colourful mosque. Muslims should be a bit more fun in their mosque designing. It would definitely attract more followers.
     Reply #77 - April 24, 2014, 07:41 PM

I'd love to have a room like that in my house. I'd throw in some cushions, a couple of hookahs (for tobacco, of course  whistling2 ) with Kashmir playing over a surround sound. Talk about being a happy murtad. Grin
     Reply #78 - April 24, 2014, 07:53 PM

Does anyone else think Tim Winter looks like the crypt keeper? I bet he cackles and wheezes instead of laughs. Horrible little creature.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #79 - April 24, 2014, 07:56 PM

he does look creepy

God is Love.

Reply #80 - May 04, 2014, 12:39 AM

Happy Chicago Muslims

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwQIcqv2XKw

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #81 - May 04, 2014, 12:40 AM

Today, the Muslim Public Affairs Council proudly released “American Muslims Get… Happy.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anLPzwc-aNc&feature=player_embedded

Reply #82 - May 04, 2014, 12:58 AM

its all a bit cringey to be honest

God is Love.

Reply #83 - May 04, 2014, 01:13 AM

Bloody kids, get off my lawn...

Reply #84 - May 04, 2014, 10:53 AM

Like Khomeini said: "there is no fun in Islam". Oh, and there's the " this life is a prison for the believer" sentiment. Religious yahoos can't stand anyone having a good time. 

what do you guys think of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClKqizAd9_Q

Yep, the poor, weak Muslims being massacred EVERYWHERE by the evil kuffar. The oppression of Muslims in the UK is particularly concerning. WTF? These lassies actually said that "the UK government has practically banned Islam and the shari'ah". The poor things are being oppressed and their religious rights violated because they can't stone and mutilate people, I assume. I've always said the UK has the highest proportion of batshit Muslims in the West. Really, you guys have more than your fair share of crazies. 
     Reply #85 - May 04, 2014, 11:13 AM

I've always said the UK has the highest proportion of batshit Muslims in the West

its true.

God is Love.

Reply #86 - May 04, 2014, 11:14 AM

That guy with one song did more to happiness than all GOVERNMENTS All countries together to solve bloody wars

Pharrell William - Morocco
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKrMwqipY80

Pharrell William -Algeria
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qI6bFeYvY8

Pharrell Williams - Tunisia  
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uU_gC5Dc_M

Pharrell Williams - Libya
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pTZ1z6FZhg

Pharrell Williams-Sudan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm6Oo8Y-l4Y

Pharrrell Williams,  Mali, Kenya,  
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHhHbRySZYk

Happy-Pharrell Williams  Nigeria
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfkGYFzOu5E

Happy-Pharrell Williams  Middle East..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqqSkxuw5CU

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #87 - May 04, 2014, 11:27 AM

its true.

But why? Is it a problem with British society, or is it a problem with the type of Muslims the U.K. lets in?
     Reply #88 - May 04, 2014, 11:30 AM

................ I've always said the UK has the highest proportion of batshit Muslims in the West................

Happy British Muslims: A Message by Dr. Mufti Abdur-Rahman ibn Yusuf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt2K5Ok3SAw

And most of the preachers of that bat shit  are from Land of Pure

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #89 - May 04, 2014, 11:31 AM

But why? Is it a problem with British society, or is it a problem with the type of Muslims the U.K. lets in?

One reason is because Islamists have been active for decades and because of soft multiculturalism and cultural relativism it wasn't challenged.

Another reason is that British Islam is defined by Pakistani Islam because Pakistanis are the largest Muslim group and Pakistani Islam has some very insular and extremist interpretations.

Add in Salafi / Wahaabism and you get the picture.

God is Love.

• Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »