Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Save 26 yr old Rayhaneh from being hanged in Iran

(Read 5097 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Save 26 yr old Rayhaneh from being hanged in Iran
     OP - April 15, 2014, 02:22 AM

Just saw this on twitter. I don't know if it was posted here earlier. Please spread this around, there must be something we can do to help her.  Cry  She is sentenced to hang within the next few days.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Catherine_Ashton_Ban_Ki_Moon_Ahmad_Shaheed_Save_26_year_old_woman_from_being_hanged_in_Iran/

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-to-hang-26-year-old-rape-victim/

http://freethoughtblogs.com/maryamnamazie/2014/03/24/iran-save-rayhaneh-jabbari-from-execution-by-hanging/

"In every religion there is love, yet love has no religion"

"The intellectual runs away, afraid of drowning; the whole business of love is to drown in the sea." - Rumi
     Reply #1 - April 15, 2014, 03:57 AM

Petition signed.

This shit makes me so mad!  finmad  I remember reading about this case when it first made headlines 7 years ago.

Bet you if a man killed a woman in "self defense" would get off scot free in Iran because male life is precious but female lives are expendable.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #2 - April 15, 2014, 06:52 AM

Signed.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #3 - April 15, 2014, 07:28 AM

Y'know, having looked into this, it seems this petition has been around since late March and currently has over 129,000 sigs.

So, if she's going to be hanged in the next couple of days (articles say "at any time") I have to wonder

a/ when they are thinking of presenting the petition?

b/ why it is proposed to only present it to three people who have no relation to the Iranian government?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #4 - October 25, 2014, 09:08 AM

She is dead. They murdered her.

Iran hangs Reyhaneh Jabbari despite campaign

Iran has executed a woman who killed a man she said was trying to sexually abuse her.

Reyhaneh Jabbari, 26, was hanged in a Tehran prison despite an international campaign urging a reprieve.

Jabbari was arrested in 2007 for the murder of Morteza Abdolali Sarbandi, a former employee of Iran's ministry of intelligence.

Human rights group Amnesty International said she was convicted after a deeply flawed investigation.

A campaign calling for a halt to the execution was launched on Facebook and Twitter last month and appeared to have brought a temporary stay in execution.

However, government news agency Tasnim said on Saturday that Jabbari had been executed after her relatives failed to gain consent from the victim's family for a reprieve.

It said her claims of self-defence had not been proved in court.

'True intentions'
    Jabbari's mother, Shole Pakravan, confirmed the execution in an interview with BBC Persian, saying she was going to the cemetery to see her daughter's body.

Ms Pakravan had been allowed to see her daughter for an hour on Friday.

After her arrest, Jabbari had been placed in solitary confinement for two months, where she reportedly did not have access to a lawyer or her family.

She was sentenced to death by a criminal court in Tehran in 2009.

Amnesty said that although Jabbari admitted to stabbing Abdolali Sarbandi once in the back, she alleged that there was someone else in the house who actually killed him.

Jalal Sarbandi, the victim's eldest son, said Jabbari had refused to identify the man.

He told Iranian media in April: "Only when her true intentions are exposed and she tells the truth about her accomplice and what really went down will we be prepared to grant mercy,"

The United Nations says Iran has executed about 250 people this year.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #5 - October 25, 2014, 10:05 AM

https://fa-ir.facebook.com/saverayhaneh

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - October 25, 2014, 11:57 AM

The Story of Reyhaneh Jabbari_ The Criminal Justice system of Iranian Islamic Baboons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gghb51bhZgM
    Reyhaneh Jabbari speaks out from Prison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPYfEjoC39M
    Shiva Mahbobi  Speaks Out

The story goes like this.,  Reyhaneh Jabbari   was  19 year old and former employee of Iran's Ministry of Intelligence, Morteza Abdolali Sarbandi  in a cafe and convinced her to visit his office to discuss  about job offer.  While there Sarbandi allegedly drugged and attempted to rape Jabbari, who grabbed a pocket knife and stabbed the civil servant - fleeing the scene as he bled to death.

She was arrested in 2007 for stabbing to death a former employee of Iran's Ministry of Intelligence, Morteza Abdolali Sarbandi  and  was sentenced to death in 2009  by an Iranian  court that is headed by CRIMINAL BABOONS.  For the past 5 years her  hanging was repeatedly postponed due to international pressure and due to her age at the time of her conviction..

She tells the story in her own words at her blog..    http://mohegh.blogfa.com/post-260.aspx

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #7 - October 25, 2014, 12:15 PM

*clicks blog link* Thanks yeez.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »