Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Getting away with summer clothes

(Read 1908 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Getting away with summer clothes
     OP - April 13, 2014, 09:16 PM

Hello everyone, I haven't been on here for a while oops.
    My question for the day is how to get away with summer clothes while you still live in a Muslim household.

This is my first summer as a non-Muslim and it would be my first time trying to sneak away with non-Muslim attire in the summer etc..

Do you guys have any tips or so? I'm sure there would be otheres who would benifit from this as well...

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #1 - April 13, 2014, 09:52 PM

You mean that you don't wear the hijab, or that you'll take it off when  your parents aren't around (and I'm assuming you're female because you ask about clothing)? Try maxi skirts and maxi dresses. There are a lot of them in sheer beautiful fabrics, and you can wear them with a bolero or some summer cardigan which you can take off if it gets hot enough (depending on where you live).

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #2 - April 13, 2014, 09:58 PM

I'm lucky enough that I'm not restricted to a hijab, but I want to wear other things that are not pants or long because northern New York can get quite humid being surrounded by seven or so bodies of water.

Reply #3 - April 13, 2014, 10:04 PM

Well, calf length/midi skirts and dresses are really trendy, and very pretty in my opinion. I wore them even before they became fashionable. You can wear them with some nice flat shoes, or a pair of pumps/wedges.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #4 - April 13, 2014, 10:28 PM

Thanks I suppose. My mother is such a pain when it comes to attire. She thinks that if my jeans actually fit properly I must be trying to take up prostitution as a career choice. She thinks half-calf pants are shorts.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »