Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Weird things you read about religion

(Read 12862 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Weird things you read about religion
     Reply #30 - April 20, 2014, 12:03 PM

LOL! I saw that on fb too, I actually took screenshots of it.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #31 - April 20, 2014, 12:04 PM

Here are some of the comments: http://oi60.tinypic.com/142zont.jpg

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #32 - April 21, 2014, 10:16 AM

Oh this is too good  Cheesy

O and how realistic is that picture Cheesy

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #33 - April 21, 2014, 11:55 AM

Two male lions, nice 8-)

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #34 - April 21, 2014, 12:54 PM

The fuck did I just read?

My thoughts exactly.
    Last Friday she prostrated in thanks to Allah for completing the Koran and died in that same sajadah.

She die on Friday

After Completing the Koran

In Medina

In Sujud

Subhan Allah

My sister's inlaw husband father died a few months ago while performing 'umra and everyone was saying "masha'allah, soo lucky!" problem was that he was an elderly man with lots of health problems (diabetes, high blood pressure, multipule heart attacks) that it was no surprise to me that the strain of it was too much.

It just makes me sad because he was such a decent human being. Cry

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #35 - April 21, 2014, 01:01 PM

Sigh, sometimes the plain reality is too hard for others to see.. It's easier to believe he had a good noble death then to realise he strained himself too much. Maybe he was happy in the end Smiley happy with his choices.

If he was a decent human being I am sure he left a good mark on this world in many hearts, and that is how we live on Smiley

far away hug my sympathy

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

Reply #36 - April 21, 2014, 01:29 PM

^ That’s the kinda shit that pisses me off about religion, specifically Islam. My father, for example, berates himself sometimes and considers himself a sinner. He is such a good man… and yet — he feels he is not as ‘good’ as Muhammad!

The fact is, he is way better than that scumbag!
     Reply #37 - April 21, 2014, 06:13 PM

^Oh yes, I hate the lauding of Mo. It's like "bitch please, you're a way better person than that mofo!" I also hate how irrational and flat-out insane some Muslims are about their love for Muhammad. It's bloody pathetic.

What the hell is this monstrosity?
     Reply #38 - April 21, 2014, 06:24 PM

I always felt sadness and fear because I honestly couldn't feel the kind of "love" that I was supposed to towards Mo. Sometimes, even as a Muslim, I was on the verge of feeling antipathy towards him (which I kept super secret) and convinced myself that allah was much nicer character. I was so sure (self-delusional, folks) that allah would totally be on my side every time I thought that Mo has screwed things up. Man, how stupid can you be Cheesy

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #39 - April 21, 2014, 10:00 PM

Islam makes you think weird things, I always wanted to think what would mo and the sahaba do, until i realised that thinking limited me being my own person.

I use to hold mo in high regard, now i don't know what i think of him really, but i dont think a 21st centuary life should be moulded around a 14th century dessert man with an unstable upbringing.

Reply #40 - April 22, 2014, 02:34 AM

The symbolic nature cannibalism in the Communion. I have been watching Hannibal lately  Wink
     Reply #41 - April 22, 2014, 02:45 AM

“How can you distinguish between period blood and blood that is discharged due to an illness? You must smell it and analyze the color. If it is dark with a foul odor, it is period blood and the woman must refrain from prayer. If not, she must wash the affected area before each prayer…”

Ewwwww!  I wonder if its supposed to be a man or a woman who smells the blood.  That is just fucked up!

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #42 - April 22, 2014, 02:46 AM

Islam not only makes one have OCD but also makes people superstitious to a silly degree.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #43 - April 22, 2014, 09:36 AM

Islam not only makes one have OCD but also makes people superstitious to a silly degree.

well  that is what one would expect when kids are brain washed right from the age 6 month old toddler to some 18 year old young men by family, society, town, state in the name of allahgod. 

If they grow up only around such Islamic community/society  without using their ears, eyes and brain to what is happening around the globe they can live in that little well until they die.  When these young men in to a free society  and the moment they hear &  look outside of their little well they were living and  start using their brain.,  the first thing it will happen to that 18 year old is a shock and OCD + other mental problem sets in..  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psDBYGDSAIE

And if the kids don't have parents  some how end up in these so called ISLAMIC FUCKING  MADRASSA   schools

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcvSshGyX74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssw2QV886Io

Their  fate is sealed for ever.,   Oh well all knowing all powerful  all time sleeping allahdoll is enjoying all this Islamic human drama

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #44 - April 22, 2014, 10:58 AM

I always felt sadness and fear because I honestly couldn't feel the kind of "love" that I was supposed to towards Mo. Sometimes, even as a Muslim, I was on the verge of feeling antipathy towards him (which I kept super secret) and convinced myself that allah was much nicer character. I was so sure (self-delusional, folks) that allah would totally be on my side every time I thought that Mo has screwed things up. Man, how stupid can you be Cheesy

OMG! This is exactly how I felt, for probably a year before I finally left. I thought, surely Allah can't hate me for being a teensy bit (read: very) disgusted by Muhammad? I loved Allah but couldn't really do anything about my visceral dislike of Mo after reading about what he did. It kind of made me sick to hear him praised and yet, I still called myself a Muslim *facepalm*. 
     Reply #45 - April 22, 2014, 11:41 AM

I once read in some Islamic book on matrimony and sex that if you have sex with lights on your kids will be born blind, if you talk (dirty) while having sex they will be born dumb and deaf  Huh?
     Reply #46 - April 22, 2014, 11:51 AM

I once read in some Islamic book on matrimony and sex that if you have sex with lights on your kids will be born blind, if you talk (dirty) while having sex they will be born dumb and deaf  Huh?

Ha! now I now why so many dumb deaf bilnd guys are together  in this forum.   I was always wondering about that .

Reply #47 - April 22, 2014, 11:59 AM

I had an acquaintance who was quite OCD when it came to going to the loo or taking a bath. Even if he had to go for leak he would spend 10-20 minutes because he had to clean the whole toilet before he would set his arse down and of course do the whole routine again after he was done. He never went to public toilets no matter how clean they were or how desperate he was, he had perfected the art of butt clenching to the degree that i was mildly envious.
    He was also quite anal with washing his clothes, especially his trousers because he was concerned that his trouser legs picked up dirt and crap being so close to the ground and if he washed other articles of clothing along with his trousers then everything would be contaminated with what ever he thought it was.
    And whats the deal with your fast being broken if you have your head under water?
     Reply #48 - April 22, 2014, 12:02 PM

Ha! now I now why so many dumb deaf bind guys are together  in this forum.   I was always wondering about that .

Cheesy See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.....
     Reply #49 - April 22, 2014, 12:38 PM

Cheesy See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.....

yap me too   .. I am very innocent guy  whistling2

Reply #50 - April 29, 2014, 06:37 PM

this isnt really weird but interesting

I am Canadian.
    I was born in Canada and have lived here for most of my life. My parents live here, as do some of my aunts and uncles. I went to elementary school, high school, and college here in Canada. I found my faith here in Canada. I have made some of my best friends here in Canada. I got married in Canada. Both my children were born here in Canada. While I believe paradise to be my true home, the closest thing I have to one here on this earth is Canada. As a Muslim Canadian my allegiance is to my faith, and my faith dictates that we are to honor and respect the land that we live in. I hope you can now understand why I am greatly upset by this silly individual who traveled to Syria burns his Canadian passport and threatens to come back and cause destruction. Seriously, can you be any more naive? It is one thing to go and attempt to protect the weak and oppressed, and completely another to develop an extremist mindset and threaten everyone that doesn't agree with you. This is not the Islam that Allah revealed, nor what the Prophet taught and emulated

Reply #51 - April 29, 2014, 07:23 PM

This is not the Islam that Allah revealed, nor what the Prophet taught and emulated

Oh, really?

“I disown every Muslim who settles among the mushrikeen.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2645; classed as saheeh by al-Albani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

On the authority of Jarir bin 'Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) sent a military expedition to Khath'am. So some people (living there) sought safety by prostrating, but they were met quickly and killed. News of this reached the Prophet (SAW) upon which he commanded that they be given half of the 'Aql (blood money). And he said: "I am free from every Muslim that lives among the idolaters." They said: "O Messenger of Allah: How is that?" He said: "They should not see each other's campfires." [Sunan Tirmidhi (4/155) No. 1604 and Sunan Abu Dawud (3/45) No. 2645]

Prophet (SAW) said: “Do not live among the mushrikeen and do not mix with them, for whoever lives among them or mixes with them is not one of us.” [al-Sunan al-Kubra al-Bayhaqi (9/240) No. 18420 and Mustadrak al-Haakim (2/154) No. 2627. adh-Dhahabi graded this on the conditions of Bukhari and Muslim]

Reply #52 - April 29, 2014, 07:40 PM

Oh, really?

“I disown every Muslim who settles among the mushrikeen.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2645; classed as saheeh by al-Albani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.
    Prophet (SAW) said: “Do not live among the mushrikeen and do not mix with them, for whoever lives among them or mixes with them is not one of us.” [al-Sunan al-Kubra al-Bayhaqi (9/240) No. 18420 and Mustadrak al-Haakim (2/154) No. 2627. adh-Dhahabi graded this on the conditions of Bukhari and Muslim]

let me add  more to that hate.. it is published in The Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) Under Q & A

http://www.icna.org/icnas-statement-on-the-10th-anniversary-of-911/
    Abdullah : I have questions about Islam; can you explain them to me? Is it permissible for a Muslim to be a sincere friend to a person who is not Muslim?.

Ans:  Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible for a Muslim to make friends with a mushrik or to take him as a close friend, because Islam calls on us to forsake the kaafirs and to disavow them, because they worship someone other than Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not as friends the people who incurred the Wrath of Allaah (i.e. the Jews). Surely, they have despaired of (receiving any good in) the Hereafter, just as the disbelievers have despaired of those (buried) in graves (that they will not be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection)”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:13]

This was also the teaching of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

1 – It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, “Do not keep company with anyone but a believer and do not let anyone eat your food but one who is pious.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2395; Abu Dawood, 4832. Abu ‘Eesa al-Tirmidhi said: this hadeeth is hasan. It was also classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2519).

Abu ‘Eesa al-Khattaabi said: Rather he warned against keeping company with anyone who is not pious and against mixing with them or eating with them, because eating with a person instills friendship and love in the heart.

He said: do not make friends with anyone who is not pious; do not take him as a companion with whom you eat and chat.

(Ma’aalim al-Sunan, Haamish Mukhtasar Sunan Abi Dawood, 7/185, 186).

2 – It was narrated from Samurah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not live among the mushrikeen and do not mix with them, for whoever lives among them or mixes with them is not one of us.” (Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, 9/142; al-Haakim, 2/154. He said, it is saheeh according to the conditions of al-Bukhaari. The hadeeth was also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilat al-Saheehah, 2/229 with its corroborating reports).

But it is permissible to deal with them in a kind manner in the hope that they might become Muslim.

It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: There was a Jewish boy who used to serve the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and he fell sick. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to visit him. He sat by his head and said, “Become Muslim.” (The boy) looked at his father who was with him, and he (the father) said, “Obey Abu’l-Qaasim (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” So he became Muslim, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out, saying, “Praise be to Allaah Who has saved him from the Fire” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1290).

And Allah knows best.

allah knows what??

Reply #53 - April 29, 2014, 10:19 PM

I find it sad that these people who say "thats not the way of the prophet" "he/she are not following islam correctly" are actually the ones that are not following islam correctly. Islam is a very violent and hateful religion.

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
     Reply #54 - April 29, 2014, 11:48 PM

Oh, really?

On the authority of Jarir bin 'Abdullah that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) sent a military expedition to Khath'am. So some people (living there) sought safety by prostrating, but they were met quickly and killed. News of this reached the Prophet (SAW) upon which he commanded that they be given half of the 'Aql (blood money). And he said: "I am free from every Muslim that lives among the idolaters." They said: "O Messenger of Allah: How is that?" He said: "They should not see each other's campfires." [Sunan Tirmidhi (4/155) No. 1604 and Sunan Abu Dawud (3/45) No. 2645]

Cornflower. Thank you. You are a very helpful and knowledgeable individual. I needed to see this again. Great reminder.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #55 - April 29, 2014, 11:54 PM

let me add  more to that hate.. it is published in The Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) Under Q & A

http://www.icna.org/icnas-statement-on-the-10th-anniversary-of-911/allah knows what??

Thank you, I am so grateful to have left it behind.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #56 - May 04, 2014, 07:29 PM

"Whoever appreciates Surah Al-Fatihah and gives it is right estimate, through knowledge, contemplation upon its facts and by living its directives, will realize that one cannot recite it, with the true recitation of a servant, unless one makes sincere tawbah.
    The perfect guidance to the Straight Path cannot be attained with the indifference to sins or the persistence on sins. Indifference to sins negates the knowledge of guidance. Persistent sinning negates the intention and the will of the servant. Thus, tawbah will not be valid except after one recognises the sins, admits to them and seeks to rid oneself of their evil consequences."
    (Ibn Al-Qayyim - Madaarij As-Saalikeen

Reply #57 - May 04, 2014, 07:33 PM

When I was an eager talibat al ilm, I thought "oh my god, Ibn al Qayyim could take out thousands of pages of wisdom from these seven ayaat". Now I think, "fuck my life, how much time wasted on utter nonsense".

Reply #58 - May 04, 2014, 07:35 PM

Smiley

I really want to try wine

I wonder if now is a good time to try alchohol

Reply #59 - May 04, 2014, 07:36 PM

I wish I had that skill. I could gain more marks in English Literature if I had it.- In reply to Cornflower's post.
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »