Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: British and European Ex-Muslims (Converts) wanted for anonymous questionnaire

(Read 4968 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • British and European Ex-Muslims (Converts) wanted for anonymous questionnaire
     OP - March 21, 2014, 08:22 AM

A PhD student from Kingston University is looking for British and European Ex-Muslims who had converted to Islam as part of her research.
    She wants to compare their experiences converting to Islam as well as their experiences when they left the religion.
    I have exchanged emails with her and her supervisor who have assured me that this a genuine study and they are also aware of the need for the questionnaire to be completely anonymous. They understand the sensitive nature of the subject and the implications, and the research will be fully compliant with ethical standards.
    The CEMB was copied in on emails, so Maryam is also aware of this.

If you are ok with having a face to face / phone interview, this would be great, otherwise the anonymous questionnaire is perfectly fine.

The deadline is 7th April 2014 so hopefully we can find about 10-20 volunteers.

If you were a British / European convert and are interested in participating in the research, PM me and I will send you the Word document with the questions.

Thanks  Smiley

Reply #1 - March 24, 2014, 09:31 PM

Bump!

Any more volunteers? Smiley

Reply #2 - March 24, 2014, 09:55 PM

I'm American, but I can do the questionnaire if needed. Smiley

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #3 - March 24, 2014, 10:08 PM

Hey Luthiel, it looks like the researcher is looking specifically for British volunteers, but if she changes her mind I'll get in touch with you  Smiley
    I wonder if anyone will attempt to do a global study at some point!

Reply #4 - March 27, 2014, 04:08 PM

^

The experience of western ex muslims (europe, north america, australia) will be vastly different than ex muzzies in islamic countries.

We need more studies regarding apostates in the muslim world because they are being persecuted in the true sense of the word.

At least we western ex muslims can escape our families/communties and be protected by the government. They don't even have that.

I feel so lucky/privileged  when I think of those people.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #5 - March 27, 2014, 09:02 PM

Yes it would definitely be interesting to compare the experiences.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »