Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New ex muslim

(Read 5893 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #30 - March 17, 2014, 07:13 PM

@suki I havent really given up Hinduism. After further researching upon Hinduism I can see its quite a complex and well thought out faith, It doesn't have any exclusivity claims that Islam tends to hold. And its applicable to all people. The basic gist of it is that there are a infinite number of ways of making spiritual progress you don't even need to be a theist. I was surprised to learn that there is an atheistic school of thought.

How about you Suki what are your beliefs?
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #31 - March 17, 2014, 07:15 PM

@suki sorry I should of read your previous post regarding your stance on religon

Wink
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #32 - March 17, 2014, 07:18 PM

Hinduism is very complex and a fascinating religion. Much more interesting than the Abrahamic ones, though catholic theology is good for a laugh.

I tend to have a fondness for belief systems with multiple gods, it's far more interesting.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #33 - March 17, 2014, 07:20 PM

@Doubting tomas @serpentofdeen

Greetings to the two of you. what are both of your stories I would love to know? Afro
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #34 - March 17, 2014, 07:28 PM

@Quod Sum Eris I am under the impression that Hinduism is a monotheist faith. It just that the one god has an infinite number of forms, representations and manifestations. Ironically it was after I left Islam I realised there's a lot more to the faith than what dawah preachers tell you about it, such as that it idolatrous (even though Muslims bow to a ex pagan shrine 5 times a day). And that it has a caste system(which on the contrary  is nothing more than sub-continent baggage nothing to do with the faith). I think the plurality of it is also a attractive feature ( no matter what you believe you can still be spiritual). I also find Judaism and Buddhism quite interesting. As Jew's don't normally shove their faith down other people throats. 
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #35 - March 17, 2014, 07:33 PM

Hinduism is monotheistic in the sense that all the gods are avatars of the same source but they are distinct manifestations with their own traits and distinct personalities, so I'm not sure I'd call it monotheistic but I get what you're saying.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #36 - March 18, 2014, 09:03 PM

How about anyone else tell me your stories I would love to know  Cheesy
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #37 - March 18, 2014, 09:12 PM

Hinduism is monotheistic in the sense that all the gods are avatars of the same source but they are distinct manifestations with their own traits and distinct personalities, so I'm not sure I'd call it monotheistic but I get what you're saying.

So just like Christianity then. Wink

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #38 - March 19, 2014, 08:30 AM

@osmanthus Indeed not like most Muslims assert, that Christianity is polytheistic  Cheesy
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #39 - March 19, 2014, 08:39 AM

Mate I've never even been Muslim, but I've long thought the parallels between Hindu "polytheism" and Christian "monotheism" were far too obvious to ignore. However I've noticed that Christians tend to get a bit huffy when you tell them they're as monotheistic as the average Hindu. No idea why. whistling2

Of course, when you're talking to Catholics you can start lecturing them about idolatry too. They totally love that. Cheesy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #40 - March 19, 2014, 04:17 PM

In catholicism the saints have basically become demigods.

• New ex muslim
     Reply #41 - March 19, 2014, 05:15 PM

I used to have this whacky far out idea years ago that catholicism is really a dressed up satanic cult lol what with all the blood and flesh sacrifice rituals,  and the crucifix is a mockery of God like saying god is dead, really though how wrong is it to wear a symbol of someones death on a chain, especially God incarnate it's like the equivalent of wearing a man with a gun to his head or a noose around his neck..

I'm sure i read that hinduism was originally monotheist but changed over time, i also read that modern Islam now accepts hindus as "people of the book" considering theyre the harshest of critics i guess thats a compliment lol, i think it is just buddhism that they dont accept.

• New ex muslim
     Reply #42 - March 19, 2014, 06:44 PM

Actually the cross is salvation. It shows Christ overcome death.

• New ex muslim
     Reply #43 - March 19, 2014, 07:34 PM

Yep i guess so...    still the cross has very old pagan roots, suppose majority of religious symbols do..
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #44 - March 19, 2014, 07:52 PM

Well it was a torture device basically. Nailed to a cross, left there to die slowly and painfully. I've never heard of it being pagan, can you specify? Pagan covers a huge variety of beliefs.

• New ex muslim
     Reply #45 - March 19, 2014, 08:42 PM

Hi quod, im using my phone and it is rubbish and doesnt copy and paste links but from what i remember the cross is as old as cavemen, perhaps a mystical symbol to them to mean sky or sun and earth but also originates in sumer and ur in iraq as a symbol of a sun god tamuz, later the egyptians, romans and greeks used it as a symbol for their gods tau, mithras and attis, they drew it as a T shape, christianity is basically based on sun worship and astrology, it is a collection and formation of all those pagan religions above, perhaps Jesus was a real teacher that walked the earth or even a god but the religion is purely pagan, even in those pagan religions they had virgin mothers and similar christ figure who were sacrificed.. 

• New ex muslim
     Reply #46 - March 19, 2014, 08:54 PM

Yeah, you can't really find any original religions nowadays. Well maybe scientology.

• Re: New ex muslim
     Reply #47 - March 19, 2014, 10:18 PM

@suki I havent really given up Hinduism. After further researching upon Hinduism I can see its quite a complex and well thought out faith, It doesn't have any exclusivity claims that Islam tends to hold. And its applicable to all people. The basic gist of it is that there are a infinite number of ways of making spiritual progress you don't even need to be a theist. I was surprised to learn that there is an atheistic school of thought.

Hindus who accept the existence of God are called Aastik (आस्तिक) Hindus who deny the existence of God are called Naastik (नास्तिक). I am Naastik. This is the beauty of Hinduism. There is no word for infidel (kaafir) in Indian languages. Hindus do not see the point of fighting over such trivial matter.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #48 - March 19, 2014, 10:33 PM

Actually the cross is salvation. It shows Christ overcome death.

The Christian cross represents crucifiction. However, the cross was used as scared symbol hundreds of years before Christianity. The Celtic cross originally used to have the vertical and horizontal bars of equal length. The Swastika (स्वस्तिक) is also a cross with turned arms. Su (सु) means auspicious and Astik (अस्तिक) means being - the Auspicious being. The Swastika is one two sacred symbols of Hinduism, unfortunately, it has been approprited by Fascists. In India, there are synagogues built before 1930's which were adorned with Swastikas due to cultural influence.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #49 - March 19, 2014, 10:46 PM

Hinduism, originally was a polytheistic religion. It is in Bhagwat Gita, Lord Krishna says, "Everyone will achieve salvation (moksha). each one will take a different path." This also is understood that everyone is free to worship to any diety because all dieties are manifestation of One Almighty.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #50 - March 20, 2014, 09:11 AM

@ram Indeed ram so what is your story were you ever a muslim?
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #51 - March 21, 2014, 03:59 AM

sachp, I have never been a Muslim. Even when I was in high school, I knew that Islam is evil.
    Since young age, I have been interested in reading about history, religion and politics.
    I am always surprised that many people who convert to Islam, do so without reading about Islam. Most of what I have learned about Islam comes from Islamic sources and books written by Muslims themselves. Muslim scholars are very good at showing true face of Islam.
    When I am accused of lying about Islam, I always respond, "What I know about Islam comes from the Quran, the Hadiths, If I am lying then the Quran is lying."

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #52 - March 21, 2014, 05:17 AM

How about anyone else tell me your stories I would love to know  Cheesy

Basically just click on introductions and have a read through, unless there's anything specific?

Reply #53 - March 21, 2014, 08:27 AM

So just like Christianity then. Wink

Actually, just like anal-haq.

I've never been a fan of being raped by giraffes, though, so I'll pass.

Ah, Massignon, if only you were still alive. :/

We miss you. the discipline of Islamic studies hasn't been the same since.
  • New ex muslim
     Reply #54 - March 22, 2014, 04:33 PM

@ram fair point even though muslims will tend to play textual acrobatics when your expose certain verse from the quran and hadith.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »