Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Introduction & Is Hassan still on this forum?

(Read 5192 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Introduction & Is Hassan still on this forum?
     OP - February 25, 2014, 07:19 PM

Hey guys!

I have been an ex-muslim now for some time, however I was recently bought over to this forum after watching a few videos from your YouTube account made by Hassan Radwan. I am very fond of his videos.

I have watched all of the videos on the channel numerous times - and I must say he seems like a very intelligent man. It's a real shame that he has stopped making them.

He references this forum numerous times on his videos - so I thought I may find him on this.

A big  thnkyu

My second question is to all of the other fellow ex-Muslims on this forum. What are your views on the Non-Abrahamic faiths? I recently watched a video where Imran Ibn Mansur aka Dawah Man attempts to debate this Sikh fella - but ends up getting himself owned towards the end. The Rationalizer is also mentioned in the video - and I am aware of the fact that he is a CEMB regular - so I would just like to here what he makes of the debate. I can't seem to post the link on this forum - but just type in "Muslim questions a Sikh - Dawah Man VS Basics of Sikhi" on to YouTube and it will be the first link.

The Sikh gentleman happened to be an Oxford graduate in Philosophy. I have seen some of his videos - and despite having a missionary "street preaching" style of approach - I like his philosophy with regards to the apparent non-exclusivity of his faith - as in God does not care about ones religion, but rather of ones good deeds. Also the ideology - judging by its scripture appears to reject ancient myths, miracles, and the concept of heaven and hell - but instead focuses on attaining a state of nirvana by meditating on the oneness of god. I was a Sufi when I was a Muslim, and I was surprised to find that a many Sufi poets have their writings collected in the Sikh scripture. What appeals to me the most about this faith is that its founding fathers stood firmly against the Islamist dictators of Mughal India - and suffered many genocides as a result.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have any plans to convert to Sikhism - but I must say I do appreciate what the religion stands for. I also find the Sikh concept of god more adequate - as god is described as being like a mystical energy source as opposed to being a ruthless dictator like that of the Old Testement or the Qu'ran.

I would like to hear your viewpoints on this religion.

thnkyu Huh?
     Reply #1 - February 25, 2014, 07:36 PM

The Hass galloped away towards the sunset once he had completed his labours on behalf of all humankind. Legends say he will return one day.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #2 - February 25, 2014, 08:05 PM

Hey guys!

I have been an ex-muslim now for some time, however I was recently bought over to this forum after watching a few videos from your YouTube account made by Hassan Radwan. I am very fond of his videos.

I have watched all of the videos on the channel numerous times - and I must say he seems like a very intelligent man. It's a real shame that he has stopped making them.

He references this forum numerous times on his videos - so I thought I may find him on this.

A big  thnkyu

My second question is to all of the other fellow ex-Muslims on this forum. What are your views on the Non-Abrahamic faiths? I recently watched a video where Imran Ibn Mansur aka Dawah Man attempts to debate this Sikh fella - but ends up getting himself owned towards the end. The Rationalizer is also mentioned in the video - and I am aware of the fact that he is a CEMB regular - so I would just like to here what he makes of the debate. I can't seem to post the link on this forum - but just type in "Muslim questions a Sikh - Dawah Man VS Basics of Sikhi" on to YouTube and it will be the first link.

The Sikh gentleman happened to be an Oxford graduate in Philosophy. I have seen some of his videos - and despite having a missionary "street preaching" style of approach - I like his philosophy with regards to the apparent non-exclusivity of his faith - as in God does not care about ones religion, but rather of ones good deeds. Also the ideology - judging by its scripture appears to reject ancient myths, miracles, and the concept of heaven and hell - but instead focuses on attaining a state of nirvana by meditating on the oneness of god. I was a Sufi when I was a Muslim, and I was surprised to find that a many Sufi poets have their writings collected in the Sikh scripture. What appeals to me the most about this faith is that its founding fathers stood firmly against the Islamist dictators of Mughal India - and suffered many genocides as a result.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have any plans to convert to Sikhism - but I must say I do appreciate what the religion stands for. I also find the Sikh concept of god more adequate - as god is described as being like a mystical energy source as opposed to being a ruthless dictator like that of the Old Testement or the Qu'ran.

I would like to hear your viewpoints on this religion.

thnkyu Huh?

Welcome carefree

Hassan comes back now and again so you might see him

Enjoy your stay  parrot
     Reply #3 - February 25, 2014, 08:16 PM

Hassan's 'Fa Qaf' joke still makes me laugh like mad. I fell from my chair when I had first read it.
     Reply #4 - February 25, 2014, 08:17 PM

Oh, hi Carefree and welcome Smiley. Here have a dancing rabbit from me bunny- cute+clever=adorable pet grin12.
     Reply #5 - February 25, 2014, 08:58 PM

Welcome!

Hassan is certainly loved. He stops by every now and again.

Like you, I also became rather intrigued by the Sikh faith after I started becoming disillusioned with Islam. Although by that time, I had no interest of joining any other faith, Sikhism had many aspects that I could agree with and found interesting (and it had some others that I could not agree with.)

It was presented to me as being more a way of experiencing what has been called the divine, as opposed to Islam’s emphasis upon fearing the divine.

I think that the spiritual experience, through all its manifestations, shares some common elements across cultures. The Muslims I saw clinging onto the walls of the kaabah in prayer were having essentially the same experience as the Christians I saw raising their hands in song at the church. And while I don’t believe in the existence of any gods, I do think it is possible to tap in to that part of our psyche that human beings have traditionally associated with gods/spirits/divinity. And I think that we have the freedom to do whatever the hell we want with it without the restrictions of any religion.

So, on my to do list is still a trip to a gurudwara to experience what it is all about. It’ll be just another exercise in appreciating what humans have come up with to help experience and express spirituality.
     Reply #6 - February 25, 2014, 10:16 PM

Welcome to the forum, Carefree.

while I don’t believe in the existence of any gods, I do think it is possible to tap in to that part of our psyche that human beings have traditionally associated with gods/spirits/divinity. And I think that we have the freedom to do whatever the hell we want with it without the restrictions of any religion.

Hear hear! Art, music, dance, love, appreciation for nature and the universe... they all come from the same place. Religion only tried to hijack it - it couldn't steal it.

If you're interested in Sikhism, go and look up books on it, go and experience its rituals and ideas and applications. I find that there's lots I appreciate about certain non-Abrahamic religions, like Zen Buddhism, Taoism, and even parts of Hinduism. But I don't call or consider myself as having taken on the identity of any religion. I take what works for me at various times. I discard what doesn't work. I am fluid about how I explore my spirituality too, as someone who has seriously studied and considered the idea of a personal god and has never found any empirical or logical evidence for its existence. I meditate, and I try and create something artistic regularly. Give yourself the freedom from labels and dogmas to explore things. Stay centered but take all the joy you find in various paths that you find interesting.  Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #7 - February 25, 2014, 11:06 PM

It was presented to me as being more a way of experiencing what has been called the divine, as opposed to Islam’s emphasis upon fearing the divine.

That is such an important distinction. It really is all the difference. So important between a potential benign function of some religious paths, and religion as an oppressive, anti-humane phenomenon.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #8 - February 26, 2014, 03:55 AM

parrot
    Welcome

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #9 - February 26, 2014, 04:32 AM

Hassan's 'Fa Qaf' joke still makes me laugh like mad. I fell from my chair when I had first read it.

hehe IKR!

Welcome carefree Smiley

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

Reply #10 - February 26, 2014, 04:49 AM

So, on my to do list is still a trip to a gurudwara to experience what it is all about. It’ll be just another exercise in appreciating what humans have come up with to help experience and express spirituality.

If you ever happen to wander into Canada you should try visiting this Gurudwara.   It looks pretty good from the outside.

http://dixiegurdwara.com/

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #11 - February 26, 2014, 05:26 AM

Welcome. Have a parrot. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #12 - February 26, 2014, 04:06 PM

Hi Carefree,

.."by meditating on the oneness of god. I was a Sufi when I was a Muslim, "

Care to explain about your Sufism..
    Which Sufi sect you followed?
    Ahl al-Bayt = People of the House

signwelcome

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). (al-Baqarah 2:18)
     Reply #13 - February 26, 2014, 04:47 PM

that Sikh /dawahman video came up here:

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=4537.msg722442#msg722442

Rationalizer's take on the 'frequency of rhetorical devices' discusses in the dawahman vs Sikh video:

http://therationaliser.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/dawahman-11-rhetorical-devices-in-3.html

Reply #14 - February 26, 2014, 04:57 PM

Sikhism religion are mixed up or combined between Islamic and Hindusim doctrine..

Reply #15 - February 26, 2014, 05:17 PM

Islam religion are mixed up or combined between Judaism/Christianity and old Arabic folklore.

Have you heard the good news? There is no God!
     Reply #16 - February 26, 2014, 05:26 PM

Ok,.allat I removed my post..

Reply #17 - February 26, 2014, 05:28 PM

S.A.M. do not turn this intro thread into another Islamic apologia thread. Start another thread in the appropriate sub-section if you want to present proof for your claims about a religion. This is an intro thread - keep it that way.

Consider yourself warned.

--------

Edit: Thanks for removing it, S.A.M.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #18 - February 26, 2014, 05:45 PM

^My bad, shouldn't have replied.

Also, welcome to the forum Carefree Wink

Have you heard the good news? There is no God!
     Reply #19 - February 26, 2014, 10:08 PM

Thanks for all the welcome messages folks  far away hug It means a lot!

I was reading some Sikh Scripture the other day and I found an interesting verse about Guru Nanak in Mecca,

It goes:

"Qazi and maulvis got together and began discussing religion.

A great fantasy has been created and no one could understood its mystery.

They asked Baba Nanak to open and search in his book whether Hindu is great or the Muslim.

Baba replied to the pilgrim hajis, that, without good deeds both will have to weep and wail.

By being a Hindu or a Muslim one can not get accepted in the court of the Lord.

As the colour of safflower is impermanent and is washed away in water, likewise the colours of religiosity are also temporary.

(Followers of both the religions) In their expositions, denounce Ram and Rahim.

The whole of the world is following the ways of Satan.(33)"

Overall I quite admire this universal humanist message. One of the main reasons why I am so critical about the Abrahamic faiths is because they heavily focus on the Kuffar and the infidels.

I have a second question for the forum members. Do you believe that Islam would ever be able to reform itself. If you compare the Christianity of today, with that of past - It almost seems as if it has molded in to a completely new religion?
     Reply #20 - February 26, 2014, 10:15 PM

Legends say he will return one day.

When the need is great enough…

By the way, Carefree, welcome! Have a traditional welcome parrot: parrot.
     Reply #21 - February 27, 2014, 01:23 AM

Hey carefree, nice to meet you and welcome Smiley

You may find me posting stuff about YouTube quite often... lol

Here, have a parrot  parrot

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »