Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello dear partners in crime!

(Read 3187 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello dear partners in crime!
     OP - February 20, 2014, 10:52 PM

Hello Hello,

I am new in the ex muslim forum community. So I'll go straight to the facts about me and the reasons I'm an ex-muslim:
    Facts:
    I am 23, student female. Currently living in Canada and probably planning on moving to study in England...
    I am an ex-muslim since I was 18, although I never really felt comfortable nor happy in religion before realizing I just didn't want to be a Muslim anymore.
    I left Islam because I'm an artistic person (when I read in a islamic book that artists were all going to Hell because they copy the creation of Allah, I was like ``Hell no, I'm not worshipping a God who hates art, that just doesn`t make any sense), and I am the type of person who questions EVERYTHING. I always felt emprisoned, as a woman but also as a religious person.
    Today, I live a non-muslim life, but I still never told my parents or relatives about it (except my closest younger sister). I have a boyfriend and we are committing to a serious relationship.
    I never really felt burdened about my apostasy, because I leave far away from my parents and I kept on lying to them that I was still praying and doing ramadan and the other idiotic and random stuff. But now, I am realizing I am building a whole castle of lies and I feel like it's going to burst anytime soon...

I came here, hoping to share my experience with you guys, and I count on your support! I feel happy to see that other people are having the same issues than me, and I just hope this wonderful community grows up more with the time!

Smiley
     Reply #1 - February 20, 2014, 11:05 PM

Welcome MadameSatie. Have a parrot. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #2 - February 20, 2014, 11:27 PM

Thanks Quod Sum Eris! :-D
     Reply #3 - February 20, 2014, 11:31 PM

Hi parrot

Glad you could get away from it all.  Hope I can sometime.
     Reply #4 - February 20, 2014, 11:49 PM

Still not completely free, but I`m trying to work on it. But I am with you on that one, it's not the easiest thing to do...
     Reply #5 - February 21, 2014, 01:17 AM

parrot

Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #6 - February 21, 2014, 07:37 PM

Welcome Madame Smiley Glad to have you here Smiley

Where are you parent's roots from? Is their belief cultural or "genuine" religious (no idea what that would be - I just decided to put it here). Do your parents know about your boyfriend (as boy/girlfriends aren't allowed and stuff)

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #7 - February 22, 2014, 05:11 AM

Welcome, MadameSatie!

I also became an ex-Muslim around the age of 18/19, and I haven't told my parents/relatives about it (and I don't plan to). Your image of building a "castle of lies" really resonated with me. I too tell my mother I still pray, fast, etc. But I also try to maintain a deep moat around my castle. I lie not because of I'm afraid of them or anything like that, but rather to protect them. I just feel like there's no need for them to ever know.

Also, have some animals!  parrot  bunny  piggy
     Reply #8 - February 22, 2014, 12:27 PM

Hello Madame, welcome Smiley

I am Qtian (as you can see by my name).

You are free to call me that or whatever you wish (handsome is a good shout).

parrot

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #9 - February 22, 2014, 04:01 PM

Hey MadamSatie, welcome to the forum. Your intro sounds really interest  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #10 - February 25, 2014, 12:50 AM

Nikolaj : Thanks, Nikolaj! Smiley I am from an Algerian Family. My parents' belief is cultural and genuine I guess. They are very conservative, just like the rest of my family in Algeria so I guess it’s a familial heritage. And no, they don’t know about my boyfriend (who is by the way a ferocious atheist haha!). I don’t even plan on telling them about him, until the day we marry…

Iceman: Thanks, Iceman. I’m happy to see that I’m not alone in my castle of lies Tongue I understand what you mean, I am also scared to tell them one day, because I still feel guilty in a way… The fact that I left home already hurt them a lot before, but having to tell them I’m not muslim (or even telling them I don’t pray anymore) or that I have a lover will hurt them even more… However, I continually feel an inner-conflict because to me nothing is more important than the truth…

Thanks for the warm welcoming, Qtian and Billy! Wink
     Reply #11 - February 25, 2014, 01:13 AM

Hi MadamS  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #12 - February 25, 2014, 01:26 AM

Welcome to the forum!  parrot

Me: Hey Allah!
    Allah: KAFIR!
     Reply #13 - February 25, 2014, 01:58 AM

Welcome fellow Canadian! dance

turnipovich
     Reply #14 - February 25, 2014, 02:39 AM

Welcome, MadameSatie!

I also became an ex-Muslim around the age of 18/19, and I haven't told my parents/relatives about it (and I don't plan to). Your image of building a "castle of lies" really resonated with me. I too tell my mother I still pray, fast, etc. But I also try to maintain a deep moat around my castle. I lie not because of I'm afraid of them or anything like that, but rather to protect them. I just feel like there's no need for them to ever know.

Also, have some animals!  parrot  bunny  piggy

Wait but you do realize you will have to come out to them eventually right ?

What about when they want to get you an arranged marriage ?

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #15 - February 25, 2014, 03:31 AM

Hey guys, what do you think of the extended intro for my channels relaunch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmsKSy9Sh5o&feature=youtu.be

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #16 - February 25, 2014, 02:48 PM

Welcome, MadameSatie

I don't know what it's like in Canada, but if you do move to the UK, expect to be asked about your religion if you have an Islamic name. My experience has been that people think, if I have a Muslim name then I must be Muslim, right? Just like how everyone in the world called John is a practicing Christian...and that somehow it gives them the right to converse with me about faith.

Muslims in the UK tend to be quite forward in asking about your background if you have an Islamic name so just be prepared for abject looks of horror should you choose to tell them that you're athiest...which I wholeheartedly endorse by the way! Smiley

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
     Reply #17 - February 25, 2014, 03:33 PM

I'm named after the Roman god of war, no one ever askes me if I worship him or Zeus. Oh the conversations I've missed out on!

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #18 - February 25, 2014, 08:32 PM

Mia: Yayyyy, another fellow Canadian! Smiley

Gandalf: I am very much aware of that issue... Unfortunately, it is something that arabic people have to deal with more in Europe Nowadays. However, I live in Quebec, the french part of Canada, and I have to tell you people are not that open-minded either.
    I once told about my atheism to an extremist muslim guy at my job (I should`ve never done that but he kept on talking ''religion'' with me all day long so I had to stop it Tongue), and he started to say how I'm making a big mistake and that I don't respect my mother who's gonna go to hell because of me (wt*?), etc, etc. The big picture, you know. But even if he was almost ''aggressive`` in his preachings, I made a stop to everything when I told him we were at work and that we were not supposed to have that kind of conversation. The guy is quite a special  case, but I imagine that this would happen with any muslim person anyways.
    I'm lucky that we don't have such a big muslim community where I live. The people I frequent, as well as my best friends are all non-muslim, and I intend to keep it that way for the future...
     Reply #19 - February 25, 2014, 08:42 PM

That resonates a little with me. I also had someone at work try to tell me that my whole family will be going to hell because I don't go to jumma. I told him I wasn't interested and he continued. I told him if he doesn't stop I'll make an official work complaint and he couldn't comprehend me doing it. He actually thought he was helping me. Prick!

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »