Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Why do dogs always bark and moan during Fajar adhan?

(Read 14513 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Why do dogs always bark and moan during Fajar adhan?
     OP - February 16, 2014, 04:39 PM

This is a phenomena I have never seen an exception to. My mum says that during that time the evil djinns escape from the human habitats and are visible to the dogs, so they react in that manner. They can also sense danger and death.  I am sure there must be some scientific explanation for that. Someone I know has told me that he and his friends saw a djinn and they went mad until the Fajr adhan was given. They survived the encounter. Again, there must be some logical explanation for this. Please help.  thnkyu
     Reply #1 - February 16, 2014, 04:58 PM

Are you for real?

What logical explanation do you want?

Everytime an icecream van drives past dogs bark. Same for fire engines and police cars. When fireworks are exploding dogs (who aren't petrified) bark loudly. I think the connection here is that SOME dogs bark when they hear a loud noise. The reason has less to do with Jinns and more to do with alerting them/others to danger or barking as a deterrent.

As to your friends encoutner...I don't know and I don't care. Everyone goes a little mad sometimes. No JInns were involved.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #2 - February 16, 2014, 04:59 PM

My aunt had a poodle that would always sing along to the theme tune of Coronation Street!  

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #3 - February 16, 2014, 05:05 PM

Are you for real?

What logical explanation do you want?

Everytime an icecream van drives past dogs bark. Same for fire engines and police cars. When fireworks are exploding dogs (who aren't petrified) bark loudly. I think the connection here is that SOME dogs bark when they hear a loud noise. The reason has less to do with Jinns and more to do with alerting them/others to danger or barking as a deterrent.

As to your friends encoutner...I don't know and I don't care. Everyone goes a little mad sometimes. No JInns were involved.

It's not SOME, it's ALL. Yes dogs do bark at loud noises but I hear them moan mostly when the hear that adhan. More moaning than barking. I just wanted some good explanation to show that religion has nothing to do with it, that's all.
     Reply #4 - February 16, 2014, 05:17 PM

Because the tones and timbre of the call is reminiscent of a dog or a wolf howling and the dogs respond by declaring their presence in their own territory. Also, I see no reason to suppose that dogs have any extra sense that we don't have beyond their especially keen sense of smell and noticeably better night vision.

As for your friends seeing a djinn and going mad; I think we can safely put that down to superstition and brainwashing from birth rather than anything supernatural.
     Reply #5 - February 16, 2014, 05:22 PM

Why do dogs always bark and moan during Fajar adhan?

This is a phenomena I have never seen an exception to. My mum says..............

hi  Rubaya.., the better question to ask is,   Why do dogs bark in the morning time? ., people mayt not have noticed but in villages roosters will do  the same thing.

Dogs are very smart animals, These village dogs are just imitating dogs.,  well that  adhan howling guy shout  Quran in to loud speakers  dogs imitate him.. It is early morning times., dogs are usually in a plying mood so  they playfully bark ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sVio4v3xCI

but let us not blame mothers and fathers for their innocence., they were just brain washed to believe in nonsense.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=88335

Why do dogs cry at the time of Fajr Azan? This is an incident that I've noticed very often.
    Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.  There are many wonders of Allah in His Creation. Dogs are among His Creatures. It is confirmed in a Hadith that dogs see what human beings cannot see.

Abu Dawud reported in his Sunan that Jabir Ibn Abdullah narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said:" If you hear the barking of dogs and the braying of donkeys by night, seek refuge in Allah, as they see what you cannot see". Albani and others classified this Hadith as authentic.
    In Sahih Al Jamie', following the above Hadith is stated: ..'And reduce going out when it is quiet( when everybody is indoors at night time) as Allah diffuses by night what He wishes among His Creation, and lock your doors and mention the Name of Allah on them as Satan does not open a locked door on which the Name of Allah was mentioned.."

So, if we contemplate the words of this Hadith along with the words of the Hadith reported by Al Bukhari and Muslim narrated by Abu Hurairah from the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam), it could be possible to interpret the barking of dogs at Fajr time because they see the Satans flee away passing wind. Satans do not flee away at fajr Azan only, but they flee away at every Azan, as stated in the Hadith. However, the barking of dogs at Fajr time is more noticeable than other times, as this time is usually quiet.

This barking could also because of an ordinary reason as before Fajr there is usually no movement of people and it is quiet, but after Fajr there is a movement so dogs start to bark, because of the noise after the time of quietness. Moreover, the barking of dogs at the time of the Azan could be because of reasons other than what is mentioned. It is a matter of the Unseen on which one cannot be absolutely sure except if Allah informs us about it.
    Allah knows best.

well hell with searching fools., those who are interested exploring further on why Muslim folks believe in such nonsense  click this and read all links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXdIKY2uheA

that is a good question to answer....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - February 16, 2014, 06:32 PM

Thanks Yeezevee and Sidearm. I will show your posts to mum.
     Reply #7 - February 16, 2014, 07:10 PM

Do you have any idea how sensitive dog ears are? They will be terrified/in pain when they hear that wailing. Have a look at them next time you're able. Loud noise, no clue where it's coming from, they are scared.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #8 - February 16, 2014, 09:21 PM

In my home country, dogs bark during the night (because a lot of them are "homeless" and roam around the neighborhood having a "good time") while roosters call early in the morning, even though the occasional one can start in the middle of the night for whatever reason. 

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #9 - February 16, 2014, 10:47 PM

Do you have any idea how sensitive dog ears are? They will be terrified/in pain when they hear that wailing. Have a look at them next time you're able. Loud noise, no clue where it's coming from, they are scared.

Yes, some dogs will be scared and whimper, others will react aggressively and howl or bark their defiance.
     Reply #10 - February 16, 2014, 10:52 PM

This is a phenomena I have never seen an exception to. My mum says that during that time the evil djinns escape from the human habitats and are visible to the dogs, so they react in that manner. They can also sense danger and death.  I am sure there must be some scientific explanation for that. Someone I know has told me that he and his friends saw a djinn and they went mad until the Fajr adhan was given. They survived the encounter. Again, there must be some logical explanation for this. Please help.  thnkyu

I have an explanation. Fajr is when the light is just beginning. Many wild creatures are most active at this time. When they start stirring, dogs start barking. When roosters crow, dogs start barking, when dogs hear other dogs, they continue the alarm.
    The adhan also might be waking them up, hence the barking.
    If by moaning, you mean howling, that is them trying to match the timbre of a noise they hear, probably the adhan, and again, this is a chain reaction.
    Wolves howl more readily at certain times, and this is one of them. I live in wolf country.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #11 - February 16, 2014, 10:53 PM

This article from 'Psychology Today' may be of some help: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/canine-corner/201306/the-barking-dog-blues-why-dogs-bark-and-what-do-about-it

The most common form of barking is designed to sound the alarm or alert the pack. It really means something like "Rally around me and check this out! There may be a problem here!" It consists of bursts of two or three barks with a short interval between them. The dog simply wants the leader of the pack and the other pack members to observe what he has detected and make a decision as to the proper course of action.

OR...

The dogs may infact be announcing their own BARK TO PRAYER and informing other dogs and bitches that it's time for prayer.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #12 - February 16, 2014, 10:54 PM

Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #13 - February 16, 2014, 10:56 PM

It makes sense since dogs are always putting their head down and sticking their arses int eh air like the salat position.

And the CALL TO PRAYER does sound like a dog barking/wailing at times.

Listen to this MIRACLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk7FyUngOP0

Reply #14 - February 16, 2014, 11:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPxRFtv6noI

Reply #15 - February 16, 2014, 11:33 PM

That's a Basenji. Their vocal cords are not like other dogs.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #16 - February 17, 2014, 11:28 AM

Is the corrie theme a call to prayer?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #17 - September 01, 2014, 11:06 PM

A less mystical explanation would be the noise pollution causing obvious unrest.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #18 - September 02, 2014, 03:36 AM

Observe dogs in a non muslim country. 

Most don't usually bark during fajr time because there is no annoying azaan noise to disturb them.

You could blast any song at any time of the night and all the dogs in the neighborhood would start barking.  Nothing supernatural about it.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #19 - September 02, 2014, 07:23 AM

...while roosters call early in the morning, even though the occasional one can start in the middle of the night for whatever reason. 

Waking up for tahajjud perhaps?  whistling2
     Reply #20 - September 02, 2014, 12:16 PM

Waking up for tahajjud perhaps?  whistling2

Hell0 jrg.. welcome and greetings ., Not read much from you..

So you think dogs and roosters have to tell Muslim folks that tahajjud prayer time or  Fajr ptayer time ?

Why? Muslims folks are not that bad that Dogs have to tell the time when to get up and when to pray.  You know these dogs, rooster, birds and other animals such as human beings   are making those  morning noises much before the birth of Islam and much before the birth of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH).,  again welcome to CEMB

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #21 - September 02, 2014, 01:25 PM

Because, like human beings, they hate being rudely woken up.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »