Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: As-Salam û Eleykûm

(Read 3846 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • As-Salam û Eleykûm
     OP - February 14, 2014, 02:30 PM

Firstly, it might be inaccurate to consider myself an 'Ex-Muslim.' Even in childhood, with annual trips to Kurdistan and profound pressure to conform, I was always a sceptic. I always questioned things. When I was around 12, I moved from London to Kurdistan for three years. I was banned from "Religious class" (Islam class), because I asked too many questions. I remember asking "If God made us, why did he create trillions of galaxies, stars and solar systems which are so far away that we will never even reach our nearest neighbour star?" I was told to stop thinking about the vastness of space because it would "make me crazy." I was 13 at the time.

I did flirt with spirituality here and there, and my antiIslam father (at the time, he believed in a higher-power but didn't call him 'god') was very upset by my gullibility. "Look dad, the mecca is glowing from space, it's a miracle! The internet says so!!". Though the first thing he said was: I will always love you no matter what you believe. If you want to pray, I'll buy you a prayer mat, if you want to read, I'll buy you a Qur'an, don't ever just take my word for things, Son. And don't let my opinion cloud yours" I, of course, years later, convinced him to study the subject of God's existence further, and through a lot of research and discussions, he recently became sure that not only is religion false, but the concept of god (any kind) is too.

Well, here I am, just turned 21 and thoroughly 'crazy.' I am not an atheist, I am an antitheist. I have vowed to fight religion and the ignorance that stems from it until my dying breath. I have shed the acquaintance of many a friend and family member, but it does not deter me.

I will end this message with a little piece that I adapted from Corinthians:

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death religion, yet I yearn to endure long enough to witness a world where religion is but a stain in the compendium of human history.

• As-Salam ? Eleyk?m
     Reply #1 - February 14, 2014, 03:21 PM

Welcome friend. I think its custom to give a parrot (I don't know why).  parrot
  • As-Salam ? Eleyk?m
     Reply #2 - February 14, 2014, 03:29 PM

Welcome  parrot It's interesting how many of you were banned for Islamic school because you asked question. That say alot, in my opinion  whistling2

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • As-Salam û Eleykûm
     Reply #3 - February 14, 2014, 03:35 PM

Welcome  parrot It's interesting how many of you were banned for Islamic school because you asked question. That say alot, in my opinion  whistling2

The teacher chased me out of the class once for saying "If Yousef had 50% of the world's beauty (yes, to Allah it is quantifiable) and the other 50% was shared upon the rest of humanity, why haven't I received my share yet?"

After this and many incidents (I was let back into class after 'promising' not to talk crap again) with myself, the teacher left the school and a new, calm and softly-spoken guy came, who had a nice smile and never got angry, it was much less fun after that  Cry

It was a school for those Kurds who came back from abroad, yet I was the only sceptic there (even though I didn't flat-out 'disbelieve,' I guess I was too scared to do that) which was sad.
  • As-Salam ? Eleyk?m
     Reply #4 - February 14, 2014, 05:59 PM

Firstly, it might be inaccurate to consider myself an 'Ex-Muslim.' Even in childhood, with annual trips to Kurdistan and profound pressure to conform, I was always a sceptic. I always questioned things. When I was around 12, I moved from London to Kurdistan for three years. I was banned from "Religious class" (Islam class), because I asked too many questions. I remember asking "If God made us, why did he create trillions of galaxies, stars and solar systems which are so far away that we will never even reach our nearest neighbour star?" I was told to stop thinking about the vastness of space because it would "make me crazy." I was 13 at the time.

I did flirt with spirituality here and there, and my antiIslam father (at the time, he believed in a higher-power but didn't call him 'god') was very upset by my gullibility. "Look dad, the mecca is glowing from space, it's a miracle! The internet says so!!". Though the first thing he said was: I will always love you no matter what you believe. If you want to pray, I'll buy you a prayer mat, if you want to read, I'll buy you a Qur'an, don't ever just take my word for things, Son. And don't let my opinion cloud yours" I, of course, years later, convinced him to study the subject of God's existence further, and through a lot of research and discussions, he recently became sure that not only is religion false, but the concept of god (any kind) is too.

Well, here I am, just turned 21 and thoroughly 'crazy.' I am not an atheist, I am an antitheist. I have vowed to fight religion and the ignorance that stems from it until my dying breath. I have shed the acquaintance of many a friend and family member, but it does not deter me.

I will end this message with a little piece that I adapted from Corinthians:

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death religion, yet I yearn to endure long enough to witness a world where religion is but a stain in the compendium of human history.

Nothing is impossible that we cannot reach galaxies, stars etc which are so far away from the Earth..

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). (al-Baqarah 2:18)
  • As-Salam ? Eleyk?m
     Reply #5 - February 14, 2014, 06:26 PM

Welcome Amoku. A parrot for you. parrot

So what drives your antitheism? Do you see religion as a threat to the world?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • As-Salam ? Eleyk?m
     Reply #6 - February 14, 2014, 07:27 PM

Ah, Amoku my dear child, we've been expecting you.

Welcome home.

This is Unicorn material:

The teacher chased me out of the class once for saying "If Yousef had 50% of the world's beauty (yes, to Allah it is quantifiable) and the other 50% was shared upon the rest of humanity, why haven't I received my share yet?"

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • As-Salam û Eleykûm
     Reply #7 - February 14, 2014, 07:59 PM

Ah, Amoku my dear child, we've been expecting you.

Welcome home.

(Clicky for piccy!)

This is Unicorn material:

I need to get used to the Jedi/Ex-Muslim Council's customs and traditions.

First Parrots, now Unicorns Tongue
  • As-Salam ? Eleyk?m
     Reply #8 - February 14, 2014, 08:14 PM

Welcome Amoku. A parrot for you. parrot

So what drives your antitheism? Do you see religion as a threat to the world?

In short, yes.

While many will argue that religion is violent and leads to violent behaviour (it certainly does), my fight is mainly with the social issues: Ignorance, social inequality and segregation. Ignorance is my main gripe. How many times have you heard "I'm not related to an ape, maybe you are, but not me!!" *raucous laughter HA HA HA*

Or how about: "You believe in science books, I believe in the Quran, its the same concept and you're being hypocritical"

Or how about: "Books are written by humans, humans make mistakes, I don't believe in any books"

Or how about: "Science is always proven wrong, they used to think the Earth was round but now they say its shaped like an egg"

Regarding the last example, there are so many things wrong with it that I could write a dissertation on that single sentence, but there would be no point because I'm just a human and humans make mistakes, therefore any human knowledge is irrelevant and invalid.

That's not even including womens' rights, not even including intolerance, not even including moral subjectivity, not even including the fact that 1 billion people believe in a book based on the musings of a paranoid schizophrenic (or a liar).
  • As-Salam ? Eleyk?m
     Reply #9 - February 14, 2014, 08:27 PM

So they think the earth looks like this?

Funny as hell.  Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • As-Salam û Eleykûm
     Reply #10 - February 14, 2014, 08:33 PM

So they think the earth looks like this?

(Clicky for piccy!)

Funny as hell.  Cheesy

That's the thing, they think that by not having a completely spherical shape, it must be reported as 'egg-like'

Do they not know that the most spherical object ever made (degree of accuracy of mere atoms) is also not completely spherical. I mean the Earth is pretty fricken spherical for all intents and purposes. If the Earth was reduced to scale to the size of a basketball, the highest and lowest points would only be 1/300th of the radius of the ball, 1/32nd of an inch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMByI4s-D-Y
  • As-Salam û Eleykûm
     Reply #11 - February 15, 2014, 01:53 AM

parrot

Welcome.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • As-Salam û Eleykûm
     Reply #12 - February 16, 2014, 06:08 PM

parrot

Nothing like urban myths!  There are two possibilities for why the parrot.  It is because they were released from Sheperton Studios during the filming of African Queen and can now be found at Hampstead Heath, where you will also see unicorns, or it is in obeisance to her blessed noodliness - decline of pirates is inversely correlated with global warming!  

More and more I see religion as like language, we will not get rid of it, it is actually necessary to build dreams.  The problem is some people want their horror movies to be real!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »