Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: polygamy in "jannah" led me to leaving islam

(Read 37748 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • polygamy in "jannah" led me to leaving islam
     Reply #180 - July 06, 2014, 11:09 AM

^ Yep. Good luck, exmuslimah  Afro
     Reply #181 - July 06, 2014, 12:23 PM

Why would I want to be with my husband after he treats me like dirt just because I don't follow his religion anymore?

My mum kicked my dad out when I was a nipper. Best decision she ever made.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #182 - July 06, 2014, 12:30 PM

Well, that makes me feel better, too.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #183 - July 06, 2014, 12:32 PM

Fuck the people who don't appreciate us as we are

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #184 - July 06, 2014, 12:36 PM

lua, seriously, is this how Quranists are in general? I love you baby, but if I had met you while still a Quranist, I don't think I would've liked you that much....

Very possible that you wouldn't have, and for good reason! Grin

Few are truly brilliant, although there are a couple, but I'd say bigmo is a particularly embarrassing example of a Quranist. Interestingly, a point he keeps coming back to is the one that would find me going back to Quranism. If you're standing firmly in reality, Quranism is clearly bullshit. But if you accept that at least the Quran is from God, there's sense to it in the modern day. I think that's where the hero of our story is having the most trouble. He may be used to holding his own against Sunnis and Shias, but that's because they have some common ground, and we're not falling for that shit here.

O, noble knight! If you want to swoop in and save exmuslimah from a happy life away from that jerk she married and in the company of people who actually love her, you will have to be far more compelling than you've been so far! But show an ounce of respect and do it in a different thread, and address your feelings about the houris to all of us, so that we might all benefit from your knowledge.

Reply #185 - July 06, 2014, 12:47 PM

I think that's where the hero of his own story is having the most trouble

parrot

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #186 - July 06, 2014, 12:48 PM

A fine edit, sir.
     Reply #187 - July 06, 2014, 12:55 PM

Reply #188 - July 06, 2014, 04:32 PM

Very possible that you wouldn't have, and for good reason! Grin

Few are truly brilliant, although there are a couple, but I'd say bigmo is a particularly embarrassing example of a Quranist. Interestingly, a point he keeps coming back to is the one that would find me going back to Quranism. If you're standing firmly in reality, Quranism is clearly bullshit. But if you accept that at least the Quran is from God, there's sense to it in the modern day. I think that's where the hero of our story is having the most trouble. He may be used to holding his own against Sunnis and Shias, but that's because they have some common ground, and we're not falling for that shit here.

O, noble knight! If you want to swoop in and save exmuslimah from a happy life away from that jerk she married and in the company of people who actually love her, you will have to be far more compelling than you've been so far! But show an ounce of respect and do it in a different thread, and address your feelings about the houris to all of us, so that we might all benefit from your knowledge.

I just asked her to bring forth some examples of the sadistic stuff she said the Quran is filled with. And she did not. Why participate in a forum if you don't want to discuss? She made an accusation against the Quran and I am questioning that.

She probably never heard of the arguments I brought forth. Personally I am not concerned about her marriage, my main concern is the Quran because I am a Quranist.
     Reply #189 - July 06, 2014, 04:36 PM

Seriously, man? You were saying that maybe God sent you to guide her. She doesn't want to talk to you about it.

If you want to talk about this stuff from a Quranist perspective, make that thread already. You know the drill. Don't bite the heels of a single member who wants nothing to do with it, especially during a stressful time in her life. Make another thread, and you'll probably get a lot of us backing her accusations against the Quran.

This forum isn't just for debate, it is also for people to connect and reach out for help and support. Just because she's on here doesn't mean she's asking for you to debate with her.
     Reply #190 - July 06, 2014, 04:58 PM

Seriously, man? You were saying that maybe God sent you to guide her. She doesn't want to talk to you about it.

If you want to talk about this stuff from a Quranist perspective, make that thread already. You know the drill. Don't bite the heels of a single member who wants nothing to do with it, especially during a stressful time in her life. Make another thread, and you'll probably get a lot of us backing her accusations against the Quran.

This forum isn't just for debate, it is also for people to connect and reach out for help and support. Just because she's on here doesn't mean she's asking for you to debate with her.

Maybe what you are saying is true. From the opening thread, it all started with the issue of hooris in the Quran.

She says:
    I became a muslim over 5 years ago. I was very enthusiastic about islam, it meant everything to me. Couple of years ago i got married. My husband became the most important for me. Shortly after, I found out about the hooris - virgin wives in jannah. I was jealous but my husband promised to reject them. I believed. Just over a week ago I read some fatwas converning hooris and found out that i would not be jealous in paradise and my husband would not desire monogamous relationship with me, so he WILL get at least 2 hooris as wives plus a lot of concubines just for sex. Hearing that we would be brainwashed and have no free will i am shattered. I don't know if i still believe in islam but i am sure i don't want to be a muslim and go to "jannah". If islam is true, i prefer to spend eternity in the hellfire than to see my husband cheating on me every single day. Is this really PARADISE?! The worst thing is that my husband still wants to go to "jannah" after finding out about this pervert behaviour he will show there. I told himto chose between me and islam and last night,after 3 days of thinking, he chose islam.

This talk has NOTHING to do with Islam. At least not the Quran. That women are going to sit there in paradise watching their men having orgies. This is the most ridiculous thing I heard in my life.

That is what I am trying to point out. This quarrel is unnecessary.

Jesus confirmed my interpretation:

Mathew 22

23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at his teaching.

Jeusus here confirms my interpretation that the women of paradise and boys of paradise are comfort and servitude and not sexual partners.

Besides the point here, but the Sadducees rejected an after life. They asked him about where is that in the Torah and Old testament. Jesus said you are not paying attention to the scripture. God said I am the God of Abraham and Isaac many times. God can not be a god of the non existing. So basically this confirms that Abraham and Isaac are still alive and exist or else God would not have refered to Himself as the God of Abraham and Isaac and your forefathers if none of them exist anymore.

God is the God of the living and not the dead.

Jesus was awesome.
     Reply #191 - July 06, 2014, 05:06 PM

This is all well and dandy darls, it's just that OP has no interest in returning to her husband or Islam so you should quit the dawah here. You can open up other threads, and debate and discuss these issues. 
     Reply #192 - July 06, 2014, 05:10 PM

Im beginning to think he does not speak the same english we do

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

Reply #193 - July 06, 2014, 05:26 PM

Bigmo I already said it's not a debate thread. I wrote to connect with people, get some advice. I don't need to give you any arguments to prove my statement. This would be pointless as you seem to follow some strange religion which is clearly not islam. You don't believe in what your so called prophet said as hadith or quran because you're saying there's nothing sadistic in your little book of no sense. You then quote the Gospel that exists now which, from islamic perspective, is not a proper reference and says a lot of lies.
     Reply #194 - July 06, 2014, 05:33 PM

If you click a member's name next to their post, it opens a dropdown box where you can choose to put that member on ignore, and their posts will no longer be visible to you.
     Reply #195 - July 06, 2014, 05:36 PM

Thanks, Iceman. Will he be able to see mine?
     Reply #196 - July 06, 2014, 05:42 PM

Bigmo, consider this an informal warning.  Exmuslimah does not want to be harangued for her decisions by you, in this particular thread.  This is her advice thread and not a debate thread.

You want to do that, take it elsewhere.  When a member specifically asks you to lay off, and you keep pushing on, just shows a level of disrespect that it not acceptable.

This is an informal warning, the next one will be a formal one, get 3 of those and you get banned. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #197 - July 06, 2014, 06:06 PM

I'm backing up what Berberella says.

Don't harass new members on their introductions thread, bigmo

Back off or you will receive smites or a ban.

Apologies to exmuslimah for your intro thread being hijacked like this.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #198 - July 06, 2014, 06:22 PM

I missed this entire thread, just read it all now, good thread, i know everyone has already said it all and more lol but Bigmo, Exmuslima didnt state that she left her husband because of the hooris in paradise but it was this very idea that caused her to question islam that lead her to disbelief and big trouble and harrasment from her husband..  but you failed to read this and decided to take on the role of teacher and prophet as God has sent you for this purpose  :/ 

It's a bit late but i'm sorry to hear about your husband too, sounds like it is a bit too late to make things work, especially with islam putting a divide between you both it would be best to become single parent..  not sure of all the rules for eu member to claim benefits in the UK, perhaps you could just turn up in the uk and see what happens, i know as a single parent you would be entitle to rent, living costs, free health service, most of your childcare paid for if you work, i think you are not oblidged to work until your youngest child reaches 4 ?  i can't remember the rules..

Wish you all the best

xxx
     Reply #199 - July 06, 2014, 06:46 PM

Bigmo, consider this an informal warning.  Exmuslimah does not want to be harangued for her decisions by you, in this particular thread.  This is her advice thread and not a debate thread.

You want to do that, take it elsewhere.  When a member specifically asks you to lay off, and you keep pushing on, just shows a level of disrespect that it not acceptable.

This is an informal warning, the next one will be a formal one, get 3 of those and you get banned. 

I will be banned anyways.
     Reply #200 - July 06, 2014, 06:48 PM

I'm backing up what Berberella says.

Don't harass new members on their introductions thread, bigmo

Back off or you will receive smites or a ban.

Apologies to exmuslimah for your intro thread being hijacked like this.

No I won't. She attacked me as A Quranist and claimed the Quran I follow is sadistic and filled with violence and did not respond when asked to provide evidence.
     Reply #201 - July 06, 2014, 06:52 PM

Bigmo's....why not pick on me?

I say your the Koran is stupid, sadistic, homophobic and sexist but are in denial.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #202 - July 06, 2014, 06:56 PM

No I won't. She attacked me as A Quranist and claimed the Quran I follow is sadistic and filled with violence and did not respond when asked to provide evidence.

Then start a new thread and ask her to debunk your arguments there. If she doesn't respond it is either because she is busy dealing with crap, doesn't have any arguments or doesn't want to engage with you even if she does. Then there other people can debunk what you are saying or support it.

Point is that threads like this do need to stay on track to provide the best support possible for people even if they are wrong. If they want to argue about philosophical stuff they can do that elsewhere.
     Reply #203 - July 06, 2014, 06:58 PM

She did not attack you Bigmo, she attacked the quran, you are not quran..

cant beleive i'm getting into this argument lol wacko
     Reply #204 - July 06, 2014, 07:00 PM

Bigmo's....why not pick on me?

I say your the Koran is stupid, sadistic, homophobic and sexist but are in denial.

Then prove it.
     Reply #205 - July 06, 2014, 07:01 PM

Then start a new thread and ask her to debunk your arguments there. If she doesn't respond it is either because she is busy dealing with crap, doesn't have any arguments or doesn't want to engage with you even if she does. Then there other people can debunk what you are saying or support it.

Point is that threads like this do need to stay on track to provide the best support possible for people even if they are wrong. If they want to argue about philosophical stuff they can do that elsewhere.

Why are you all so concerned about all this? Because I said that the hooris in Paradise are not sexual?
     Reply #206 - July 06, 2014, 07:03 PM

Wow, I can't say I am a fan of the characteristics Quranists display. Not portraying your religion very well. What a poor attitude

Reply #207 - July 06, 2014, 07:04 PM

Why are you all so concerned about all this? Because I said that the hooris in Paradise are not sexual?

BECAUSE THIS IS NOT A DEBATING THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read that slooowly and try to understand what it means or should we write it in arabic

Reply #208 - July 06, 2014, 07:07 PM

It's best to just split the thread if he's not getting it   :/
     Reply #209 - July 06, 2014, 07:10 PM

Because even if OP is incorrect about Islam, the Islam she is experiencing is currently causing her grief. This particular thread should be to provide a safe zone for support for her not for philosophical arguments.

It is the exact same response I would have if a grieving widow was to be bombarded with philosophical stuff about Christianity in and around her husbands funeral. It is not the right time and it is exploitative of the vulnerable. Give her some space (this thread) and start a new one and invite her over. Say if you want to discuss this go here http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=26739.new#new.

I even made a thread for you sweetheart.
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »