Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: . . .

(Read 3322 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • . . .
     OP - January 23, 2014, 03:52 AM

Greetings.

Not an ex-Muslim, myself, so my presence here will probably mostly take the form of lurking, unless I have something particular to contribute or whatever.

p.s. Apologies in advance if the answer to this is incredibly blatant, but I didn't find it in the faq— how would one upload an avatar, if one had such an inclination?
  • . . .
     Reply #1 - January 23, 2014, 03:57 AM

Welcome, karamazov. Avatar changing is disabled for brand new members until you've made a few posts. Also, it's customary for new members to give a little background about themselves and why they joined. Enjoy your stay.  Smiley
  • . . .
     Reply #2 - January 23, 2014, 03:59 AM

Welcome. parrot

Go to your main CEMB page, click Profile Settings, then Forum Profile. You can either upload something from your own PC or if you have a picture online you like, simply copy and paste the link. Smiley

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • . . .
     Reply #3 - January 23, 2014, 04:55 AM

Welcome, karamazov. Avatar changing is disabled for brand new members until you've made a few posts.

Figured.

Also, it's customary for new members to give a little background about themselves and why they joined.

Ah, ok; apologies.

Hm. Well— U.S. resident. Interests: aesthetics/the arts, social theory, anthropology, etc. [also— I guess falling under the latter two categories— religious studies generally]. Shit like that.

Mostly via The Jinn and Tonic Show [on YouTube], I guess, I've been recently [recent, as in, like, in the last few years] interested in learning a bit about Islam, late antiquity, and contemporary Middle Eastern politics. Also have an interest in the dynamics involved [viz. the sociology and psychology, etc.] in leaving religion, and an interest in the plight of non-theists in overwhelmingly [and/or brutally] religious regions.

Fin.

Enjoy your stay.  Smiley

Thanks.

And thanks, Quod Sum Eris [Horace, I think? Damn— my Latin's rusty].

[edit: Hey, hey— I have an avatar now].
  • . . .
     Reply #4 - February 02, 2014, 12:51 AM

parrot

Welcome. How is the lurking going?

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • . . .
     Reply #5 - February 02, 2014, 03:34 AM

Hi, three. It's going fine, thanks.

[reads signature] Bukowski, eh? Not familiar with his work, I'm afraid. Probably always been put off by all the fanboys, tbh, but I should probably actually give his stuff a chance. I guess I'll see if I can borrow a collection of his from the library.
  • . . .
     Reply #6 - February 02, 2014, 04:38 AM

It's refreshing realism after reading Tom Robbins, for certain. You can access nearly all of his stuff online. The Peppers do put one off, I know.
    If he is too strong, you could try Rod McKuen. He's tame, but the style is similar. 

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »