Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Video Games That Have Changed You

(Read 7582 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Video Games That Have Changed You
     Reply #30 - January 11, 2014, 04:52 PM

Im currently developing a android fighting game as a hobby project based on one of my fav anime Naruto . I already made one simple running game for naruto and its already in the play store called Naruto Game : Battle Rush . Its not in the US and Japan play store though because then it would be prone to be suspended due to copyrights  . Its pretty simple in terms of programming but the one im programming right now is reallly complex . But making it is huuuge lots of fun . Plus the money i got from Ads was a real Plus  dance
     Reply #31 - January 11, 2014, 04:58 PM

Are your proficient in php and java?

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
     Reply #32 - January 11, 2014, 05:57 PM

im really only good at java . Its good for making complicated stuff such as games and apps in a simple way . Never really tried php/Html much other than the basics since i never made any real website or webpage . I learn these things pretty fast though coz i never knew what the hell was programming and languages 1 and half year ago . 2D game programming is my thing   bunny
     Reply #33 - January 11, 2014, 06:47 PM

Awesome. I am going to message you for help if you don't mind with my music website Blood or Love. Due to the constant moving from server to server, some of the php script got broken.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

Reply #34 - January 11, 2014, 07:02 PM

Like i said i never practically tried php unlike java coz its just the basics but sure i will try .
     Reply #35 - January 11, 2014, 07:13 PM

Much appreciated. If anything, you could see it as a learning experience. I'll message you when I can afford a server to upload my backup of the site onto.

Reply #36 - January 11, 2014, 07:14 PM

Also, awesome on your success with making money off that game you made.

Reply #37 - January 11, 2014, 10:05 PM

I started learning Javascript language a few days ago. It is too much fun. dance
     Reply #38 - January 12, 2014, 06:24 AM

Yeah i daily get average 10$ per day from the ads  dance . It might not be much in your countries but its hugh when converted to INR here .If you make some app that everybody wants and get high daily downloads then ads can really serve you well .
    ^ Gratz on learning javascript  . Try making a website  Smiley
     Reply #39 - January 12, 2014, 07:19 AM

baldur's gate.

I picked up the Steam conversion of 1 & 2 during the holiday sales. I am still a 3rd edition player at heart.
     Reply #40 - January 12, 2014, 09:53 PM

Captain Tsubasa II.

Best RPG Ever.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #41 - January 12, 2014, 10:41 PM

Internet Reversi has changed me. It has made me a racist. I refuse to play Japanese players now. For some reason, every Japanese player I have been matched with has either just not moved at all and stayed there until I quit, or they have quit right after I start winning. And occasionally I'll test the waters again after a while, and the fucking same happens again, and I feel like a sucker for going against my better judgment. Is there some kind of national custom over there where that's proper conduct?

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #42 - January 12, 2014, 10:51 PM

They're halfway across the world. Could just be bad connections.  Tongue

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #43 - January 12, 2014, 10:54 PM

A bad connection that just so happens to cut out when I start winning.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #44 - January 13, 2014, 12:22 AM

Internet Reversi has changed me. It has made me a racist. I refuse to play Japanese players now. For some reason, every Japanese player I have been matched with has either just not moved at all and stayed there until I quit, or they have quit right after I start winning. And occasionally I'll test the waters again after a while, and the fucking same happens again, and I feel like a sucker for going against my better judgment. Is there some kind of national custom over there where that's proper conduct?

Escapers are the worst.

Reply #45 - January 14, 2014, 09:44 PM

I picked up the Steam conversion of 1 & 2 during the holiday sales. I am still a 3rd edition player at heart.

Me too.
    I couldn't get back into BG1. Its just too old Tongue And played like an hour and then realized I'd be doing this for the next 50 hours and just stopped playing.
    But BG2 is still very playable and fun.

Reply #46 - April 19, 2014, 06:44 PM

Has anyone used python? I've learned a bit of python, mostly using mathematical software for some basic algebra and calculus. I was interested in its application for gaming so I was wondering if any  has experience. I'm not aware of too many games based on python programming.

And as for games, I recommend to anyone the game Journey. It only takes a couple hours to finish but it truly an amazing experience. I shed a tear at the end.
     Reply #47 - April 19, 2014, 07:07 PM

I have used python for Civilization 4/5 and minor tinkering in Skyrim. However the use of it was strictly following a guide of some sort.
     Reply #48 - April 19, 2014, 07:12 PM

Huh. It's strange...I have been playing video games my entire life, but none of them really stick out right now as profound.

But any NES game (Bubble Bobble being the worst offender) that let player one steal lives taught me to distrust my sister.
     Reply #49 - April 19, 2014, 07:18 PM

When duck hunt on NES had to change its gun color from gray to orange so the police wouldn't shoot kids carrying it, it taught me to distrust cops. Grin
     Reply #50 - April 19, 2014, 07:19 PM

When duck hunt on NES had to change its gun color from gray to orange so the police wouldn't shoot kids carrying it, it taught me to distrust cops. Grin

Woah, was that seriously why?

I never wondered why my grandmother had the grey gun and we had the orange one. Grin
     Reply #51 - April 19, 2014, 07:24 PM

I suppose it's different from different games. Some moments in games have made me cry (end of Journey, Giovanni's death, etc.) and some moments have been thoroughly entertaining. I play a lot of strategy games like Total War, Civilization, and AOE and I just can't get enough.

I have used python for Civilization 4/5 and minor tinkering in Skyrim. However the use of it was strictly following a guide of some sort.

I've heard many mods for various games are scripted and compiled with python. I will definitely try developing something during the summer.
     Reply #52 - April 19, 2014, 07:39 PM

I suppose it's different from different games. Some moments in games have made me cry (end of Journey, Giovanni's death, etc.) and some moments have been thoroughly entertaining. I play a lot of strategy games like Total War, Civilization, and AOE and I just can't get enough.

Maybe that's my problem. I tend not to go for story driven games. Most of mine are FPS and horror survival. The only thing those ever taught me was a recent lesson provided by Outcast Outlast, which is that I could never trust my husband during a scary survival situation. He's gonna scream and cower and demand that I take care of it myself, just like he did when we were playing that game.

I hear that To the Moon made a bunch of people cry their eyes out. A friend bought it for me, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
     Reply #53 - April 19, 2014, 07:44 PM

If you look at games as a whole you will see it as a form of art and storytelling. It uses various forms of art in rapid succession in order to generate a visual depiction of a story much like film, tv, cartoons, etc. The story elements are obvious as most games have a message(s) be it a moral lesson, fiction, etc. Also the story can involve the reader as a fundamental part of the story such as being the hero. Picking one game which you believe has had an impact on the world is what we have done with single celled art for centuries like Picasso's work. At times the effect on the world isn't massive or instant. However a game can create lasting effect via the internet and ingenuity. Take for example some of the Blizzard RTS games. Warcraft and Starcraft have been used to create a new kind of "sport" called e-sports. Currently e-sports for Starcraft 2 generates millions of dollars world wide. There are local, regional and national tournaments in which thousands to tens of thousand dollars are part of the reward poll. So far the player with the highest total placement winnings is at $365,000 USD. Teams have formed which send it's members across the world to compete in tournaments, world finales, league finals, etc. A number of people have become "casters", commentary and announcers similar to professional sport broadcasts on tv. There are now leagues for any game which can be used as a platform for this kind of sport; Call of Duty, Battlefield 4, Dota 2, etc. As the consumer base increases the industry will grow. Maybe in a few decades e-sports will become an alternative to physical sports for those that are not physical fit. We have done it with poker after all.

Reply #54 - April 19, 2014, 07:55 PM

I've heard many mods for various games are scripted and compiled with python. I will definitely try developing something during the summer.

Modding codes vary from game to game even from element to element; GUI vs scripting. However the shift to LUA w/ C++ has become the trend over the last few years due to platform comparability w/ handheld and mobile devices. Civilization 4 is mostly based on python as it is an older game. 
     Reply #55 - April 19, 2014, 08:28 PM

I need to learn how to code.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #56 - April 20, 2014, 01:57 AM

Donkey Kong Arcade.... dont laugh and I am old, when I saw that for the first time i knew that video games were going to change the world.

It had everything a story, vivid colours, Mario, love, hate, sex and death.

I saw Space Invaders it didn't make that much of an effect on me.

Late Eid Mubarak, Where's my eidee present ?
     Reply #57 - April 20, 2014, 06:01 AM

Maybe that's my problem. I tend not to go for story driven games. Most of mine are FPS and horror survival.

Halo is an excellent FPS with both a great single-player story and a wonderful multi-player PvP. Though I'm not sure if sci-fi is your thing. There is also Mass Effect, a third person shooter and rpg which is one of my favourites.
     Reply #58 - April 20, 2014, 06:03 AM

I can definitely do sci-fi, and as a college student of the time, I played a bunch of Halo, but only the multiplayer. I probably should do the campaigns one of these days. Is it one of the stories where I should start with the first game, or is there room to jump around?
     Reply #59 - April 20, 2014, 06:15 AM

^ I suppose it is better to start form the beginning but you can always just read the synopsis of the first games and just play Halo 4.

About Mass Effect, it is a game where you make the decisions and they effect you for the rest of the trilogy. It's a third person shooter with exploration elements and rpg elements. Plus, you can make love to a mono-gendered blue alien.

These are the two sci-fi based shooters I would recommend the most. They both have excellent reviews and are incredibly fun.

Modding codes vary from game to game even from element to element; GUI vs scripting. However the shift to LUA w/ C++ has become the trend over the last few years due to platform comparability w/ handheld and mobile devices. Civilization 4 is mostly based on python as it is an older game.  

Interesting, I was thinking of learning a bit of C++ as I may have to use it in the future with MATLAB for use in something like differential geometry.
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »