Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 08:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 02:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 01:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Scientology

(Read 13564 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Scientology
     OP - January 08, 2014, 10:29 PM

http://www.upworthy.com/l-ron-hubbards-great-grandson-spills-the-family-secrets-on-how-scientology-started-eek?c=ufb1

I found this video to be fascinating. It is Ron Hubbard Sr's great grandson explaining what it was like to be related to a cult leader.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Scientology
     Reply #1 - January 09, 2014, 03:00 PM

Scientology is insane. I've read that people who leave are stalked and threatened (much like his grandfather), even if they don't say anything. There are so many great documentaries on it on youtube.

I wonder if Islam was founded 60 years ago instead of 1400, would Muhammad and the companions operate in the same way?

"so now, if you leave (Allahu A?lam is you already have) what will u do??? go out and show ur body to all the men??? sleep with countless men?? maashaAllah if you think think this is freedom or womens right then may Allah guide you to that which is correct."
  • Scientology
     Reply #2 - January 09, 2014, 04:22 PM

Scientology is insane. I've read that people who leave are stalked and threatened (much like his grandfather), even if they don't say anything. There are so many great documentaries on it on youtube.

I wonder if Islam was founded 60 years ago instead of 1400, would Muhammad and the companions operate in the same way?

Now a days There are plenty of psychiatric facilities in every country to deal with such problems

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Scientology
     Reply #3 - January 09, 2014, 05:28 PM

Anyone want the splendid job of summarising scientology for me? I've searched to find out what it is about so many occasions, but it clearly bores me, as I seem to block it out and forget.

"Make anyone believe their own knowledge and logic is insufficient and you'll have a puppet susceptible to manipulation."
  • Scientology
     Reply #4 - January 09, 2014, 10:32 PM

That is what I was thinking.

• Scientology
     Reply #5 - January 09, 2014, 10:35 PM

Anyone want the splendid job of summarising scientology for me? I've searched to find out what it is about so many occasions, but it clearly bores me, as I seem to block it out and forget.

Sci·en·tol·o·gy
    ˌsīənˈtäləjē/
    nountrademark
    a religious system based on the seeking of self-knowledge and spiritual fulfillment through graded courses of study and training. It was founded by American science-fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard (1911–86) in 1955.

That is what came up on Google. Basically, this guy figured out a logical way to found a religious system based on the crazy idea of aliens and then added a fee-based system of learned enlightenment.
    I love science fiction, so I am deeply embarrassed by Hubbard. Scum.

• Scientology
     Reply #6 - January 10, 2014, 05:39 PM

I see, I think, lol. so instead of salah you study?

"Make anyone believe their own knowledge and logic is insufficient and you'll have a puppet susceptible to manipulation."
  • Scientology
     Reply #7 - January 10, 2014, 08:44 PM

I see, I think, lol. so instead of salah you study?

They get "therapies" applied to them, after they pay for it. Like hooking boxes up to your head and telling you that you need to pay for more sessions to fix whatever they see there.
    They do slave labor, celebrity brown nosing, and publications.

• Scientology
     Reply #8 - January 10, 2014, 09:28 PM

Scientology is insane. I've read that people who leave are stalked and threatened

It's called squirrelling, far as I know.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Scientology
     Reply #9 - January 10, 2014, 10:38 PM

Oh Quod, I missed you. I was getting worried. So nice to see you.

• Scientology
     Reply #10 - January 10, 2014, 10:44 PM

thnkyu

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Scientology
     Reply #11 - January 11, 2014, 02:13 AM

I cant believe tom cruise is a part of this cult . News says his ex wife divorced him to protect their daughter from scientology . Seriously , how could any sane people join this cult ?
  • Scientology
     Reply #12 - January 11, 2014, 09:07 AM

I think actors are susceptible to flattery. Maybe that's how they get hooked.

• Scientology
     Reply #13 - January 11, 2014, 02:19 PM

Probably.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
  • Scientology
     Reply #14 - January 11, 2014, 02:59 PM

There's so many things on Scientology to talk about. It is definitely a cult. The fact that people can't just leave willingly makes it a cult. Or that those who do leave are no longer allowed to talk with friends/family members/loved ones who are still a part of the group. Or that friends/family members/loved ones are encouraged to cut all ties with the person who left and will sometimes be used to harass. People's phones are tapped. Some ex-Scientologists are known to have gone missing (including the head of Scientology's wife). Kids of Scientologists are used as free labor. Those who transgress against the Scientology org (who are also Scientologists) are used as free (or slave) labor. Scientologists are known to send people to ex-Scientologists' houses and film them, getting up into their faces just to irritate them.

this is a great video on the harassment the ex-Scientologists face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fPcEky5X74

Not to mention the fact that you have to pay to get in.

It's called squirrelling, far as I know.

Whoa, he lives! grin12 Where did you disappear to? Welcome back!  Afro

"so now, if you leave (Allahu A?lam is you already have) what will u do??? go out and show ur body to all the men??? sleep with countless men?? maashaAllah if you think think this is freedom or womens right then may Allah guide you to that which is correct."
  • Scientology
     Reply #15 - February 09, 2014, 04:36 PM

Go to Operation Clambake at http://www.xenu.net/ for a rundown of the cult er sorry.... religion.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • Scientology
     Reply #16 - February 09, 2014, 04:38 PM

I don't really find scientology less credible than any other religion.

• Scientology
     Reply #17 - February 09, 2014, 05:27 PM

^

I overheard this muslim girl giggling about scientology in my class last year. 

Oh how badly did I want to shut her up with ridiculous stories from the hadiths and quran.....

argh!!!   The frustration of being an "in the closet atheist "

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Scientology
     Reply #18 - February 09, 2014, 05:47 PM

It's like asking which is more believable, that Spider-Man could exist or the Flash.

• Scientology
     Reply #19 - February 09, 2014, 06:15 PM

Spider Man.

• Scientology
     Reply #20 - February 09, 2014, 06:29 PM

Now you have to convince me Spider-Man actually does exist despite there being no proof.

• Scientology
     Reply #21 - February 09, 2014, 06:57 PM

Um. Quantum theory? Enough believe, so it must be so? Collective consciousness creating reality?

• Scientology
     Reply #22 - February 09, 2014, 07:17 PM

Tried that before, Jessica Alba never once appeared in front of me naked and horny.

• Scientology
     Reply #23 - February 09, 2014, 07:18 PM

Scientology is just a cult for rich suckers.
  • Scientology
     Reply #24 - February 09, 2014, 07:32 PM

Not true. There are many poor suckers as well.

• Scientology
     Reply #25 - February 09, 2014, 07:38 PM

Not really.  You can't actually be a real member without being wealthy.  It's for the Tom Cruises of the world to give their money to and be suckers.
  • Scientology
     Reply #26 - February 09, 2014, 07:49 PM

Real member, gullible fool, either or.

• Scientology
     Reply #27 - February 09, 2014, 07:53 PM

Tried that before, Jessica Alba never once appeared in front of me naked and horny.

Don't feel bad. You just quit too soon. She must be awfully busy, because you are not the only one trying.

• Scientology
     Reply #28 - February 09, 2014, 07:59 PM

Could always save up for a realdoll I guess.

• Scientology
     Reply #29 - February 11, 2014, 04:04 PM

Not really.  You can't actually be a real member without being wealthy.  It's for the Tom Cruises of the world to give their money to and be suckers.

Check out the SeaOrg section of the cult, a boot-camp military style section where all the 'staff' are on Billion Year contracts (that's right 1,000,000,000 years!) to carry out all the low-paid long hours crappy jobs (sweeping etc) so that Tom Cruise and John Travolta don't have to get their best acting clothes dirty.

http://exscientologykids.com/sea-org-2/

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »