Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Assalamu allaikum kaafirs !!

(Read 3983 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Assalamu allaikum kaafirs !!
     OP - December 15, 2013, 05:15 PM

Im joining the ex muslim bandwagon  Tongue . Im an indian muslim . I had been skeptic about my religion from the past year and now even before i knew it i became an apostate . I have never been devout and only prayed during friday prayers and in the last days of ramadan every year . It is more of a cultural thing rather than a religious thing . Before 18 i didnt even care about religion or any concept of god . Parents are not so religious and very secular minded though they have been getting more religious recently probably due to their age .

So unlike other muslims i have never been indoctrinated as a child so it is not too much of a problem to leave islam .

I only gave thought about religion when i entered college .  It was an islamic college and as you would guess most of my college mates are muslims . I had never been in an environment where muslims are everywhere . I had no problems with most muslims other than some orthodox asshats . I always come across questions from people about why i never pray in the local masjid . I always try to change the topic to escape the awkward situation . But seeing them pray everyday diligently kinda made me feel let down . So i also started to go to the masjid everyday for prayers for an average 2 times per day mostly the evening prayers .

It gives a tingling feeling you know . Like praying and trying to make a connection with god makes you feel a little happy . But since i still dont go a lot i get remarks from nearby orthodox big bearded guys who always and ALWAYS preach me to pray regularly and sometimes use the pleasures of heaven and the tortures of hell tactic . I actually believed in most of the stuff then .

So i tried harder to become a better muslim by praying but i never recite the quran . I never learnt arabic so i simply cant recite . So i decided to read the translations instead ...

I wasnt really mesmerised as i thought i would be . Most of what i read was about how allah is so great and mercifull for this and this etc and about how muhammed is so perfect and all with very vague reasons and concepts . I actually lost interest .

I always wondered about why muslims are stereotyped as terrorists and so i read a lot of websites about certain controversial verses in the quran and about muhammed such as killing idolators , wife beating , marriage of aisha , large numbers of jews massacred etc . I was surprised and kinda shocked . My mind started getting corrupted after a lot of reading on ali sina and wiki islam so much that i started to grow more repulsive about my religion . That guy ali sina even though his articles do contain content is a very hatefull person from his writings .

I grew very confused and i started watching videos of debates between different religions including atheism . They didnt help . It only made me feel more lost and mad . Its like i am fighting against myself in my head . After lots of reflection and pondering i have finally let go of islam and now i follow NOSHITISM . It means i give no shits for anything anymore . I dont care about islam,christianity,buddhist,atheist,skydaddy,creation,evolution or anything remotely close to any religion . I am finally content and now im an ex muslim even though i wasnt that devout of a muslim to start with .

I really like cemb a lot . I always read a lot of threads and blogs here and its always interesting . I also see many interesting people here such as happymurtad,quod and jedi . I hope to be a part of the group . dance

thnkyu  bunny
     Reply #1 - December 15, 2013, 05:38 PM

Welcome to the forum. Have a parrot. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #2 - December 15, 2013, 05:54 PM

Ah, I've been expecting you.

Bow down to the power of the UNICORN!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #3 - December 15, 2013, 06:11 PM

Ahh yes i have arrived . Now i can finally master the force needed to dominate all the unicorns known in the world .

thanks for the parrot .
     Reply #4 - December 15, 2013, 08:04 PM

parrot

You are going to master The Force? Or just the force needed for dominating unicorns?
    Welcome. I am going to hide my unicorns. They be mine.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #5 - December 15, 2013, 08:16 PM

All your unicorns are belong to us.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #6 - December 15, 2013, 08:16 PM

Welcome codehawk!  parrot
     Reply #7 - December 15, 2013, 09:17 PM

All your unicorns are belong to us.

Don't challenge me. I will stampede them over you.

Reply #8 - December 15, 2013, 09:29 PM

There was a young girl called three,
    A unicorn she wanted to be,
    She looked at the sky and started to cry,
    Because she had nowhere to pee.

Reply #9 - December 15, 2013, 09:57 PM

You know exactly how to run me off. I yield.

Reply #10 - December 15, 2013, 10:15 PM

Cheesy

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #11 - December 16, 2013, 12:15 AM

Welcome, codehawk Smiley parrot

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #12 - December 16, 2013, 12:17 AM

I'm sure many decent minded people who read what 'ali sina' has to say, will come to the same conclusion that you did.
    Welcome to the forum.
     Reply #13 - December 16, 2013, 07:43 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys  bunny
     Reply #14 - December 16, 2013, 08:47 AM

Welcome!  parrot

Reply #15 - February 12, 2014, 05:21 PM

Welcome, I'm a pretty new member myself. I think its custom to give a parrot.  parrot

It means i give no shits for anything anymore . I dont care about islam,christianity,buddhist,atheist,skydaddy,creation,evolution or anything remotely close to any religion.

I just want to say that evolution is not a religion or ideology in any form whatsoever.
     Reply #16 - February 12, 2014, 07:06 PM

Thanks . I just think evolution sometimes give the vibe about promoting atheism . So , its not the scientific stuff but all those philospohical baggage that comes with it . Im athiest i guess .  Tongue
     Reply #17 - February 12, 2014, 07:18 PM

signwelcome There are many friendly people here..

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). (al-Baqarah 2:18)
     Reply #18 - February 12, 2014, 07:56 PM

I'm sure many decent minded people who read what 'ali sina' has to say, will come to the same conclusion that you did.
    Welcome to the forum.

What's the hate towards Ali Sina? I have read material from him and it has never been disrespectful nor taken out of the context, just rational criticism towards Islamic things. Now, I don't say anything as a fact because I may have accidentally read only his good writings and missed the articles where he shows his true colors.

I ask many stupid questions frequently.
    I am curious, that's why I ask many questions.
    I am overly curious, that's why I ask stupid questions.
    I lack patience, that's why I ask frequently.
    So forgive me and answer me Smiley
     Reply #19 - February 12, 2014, 11:21 PM

Thanks . I just think evolution sometimes give the vibe about promoting atheism . So , its not the scientific stuff but all those philospohical baggage that comes with it . Im athiest i guess .  Tongue

No philosophical baggage comes with it at all unless you want it to.

Reply #20 - February 13, 2014, 12:34 AM

I was brought up a Christian and taught evolution. 100% evolution, no equivocation.

Though the two were never in conflict, somehow I instinctively believed one and not the other...
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »